Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
checkbox
checkbox
checkbox
View Results

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Murder inc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Tired Moritz posted:

I suggest we kill Nep Nep

I’m intrigued, but:

Hal Incandenza posted:

There is no choice but Sal

:shuckyes:

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
##vote Hal

Only name I recognize clearly scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

##vote Hal

Only name I recognize clearly scum

##vote Hal I can get behind this

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

IllegallySober posted:

Actually, let’s play a content game.

Who would you choose to murder if you are dunked, and why is it Sal?

I would choose Sal because we are scumbos and I'm in the mood to throw

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

IllegallySober posted:

Actually, let’s play a content game.

Who would you choose to murder if you are dunked, and why is it Sal?

Always Sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Are we going to forget so soon that AA Killed me in a game with my own gun whilst I was in the process of giving him yet another gun which he then turned around and murdered another townie....and he was town that game!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I can't forget what I didn't know about

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nep-Nep posted:

I can't forget what I didn't know about

Well now you know so don't forget next time.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SalTheBard posted:

Well now you know so don't forget next time.

I'll try really hard so everyone sees how engaged I am

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

##vote Hal for self voting

Flamander
May 4, 2009
##vote Hal

ok, sure. gotta start somewhere.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

##vote Flamander for shameless bandwagoning.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Jedit posted:

nep-nep is a possible vote atm imo, too. probably even more possible. don't want to suspect based off of attitude alone, which is why i voted hal. also, consider this. if i was scum, would i try to kill someone who is trying to kill themselves [consider the context - in this situation, i might get revenge killed for this], or someone who seemed suspicious from the getgo as to blend in with the town? i'd do the latter - the first option is taking risks I don't need to take as scum. on the other hand, lynching someone as town means that if they're town, they might be able to target a scum, and if they're scum even if they target someone at least they're dead. in the specific meta of this game, i think that choice is right.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jedit posted:

##vote Jedit for stopping the Hal bandwagon

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Flamander posted:

nep-nep is a possible vote atm imo, too. probably even more possible. don't want to suspect based off of attitude alone, which is why i voted hal. also, consider this. if i was scum, would i try to kill someone who is trying to kill themselves [consider the context - in this situation, i might get revenge killed for this], or someone who seemed suspicious from the getgo as to blend in with the town? i'd do the latter - the first option is taking risks I don't need to take as scum. on the other hand, lynching someone as town means that if they're town, they might be able to target a scum, and if they're scum even if they target someone at least they're dead. in the specific meta of this game, i think that choice is right.

This game is best read not as nightless, but as a normal game where the lynch victim performs the NK. The scum are absolutely dependent on Town friendly fire - they do not want to perform the NK themselves. Therefore it is more important than usual for them to get a turbo, as they need to minimise the information imparted by the lynch.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
[quote="Jedit" post="495657009"]
[/quote

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Jedit posted:

This game is best read not as nightless, but as a normal game where the lynch victim performs the NK. The scum are absolutely dependent on Town friendly fire - they do not want to perform the NK themselves. Therefore it is more important than usual for them to get a turbo, as they need to minimise the information imparted by the lynch.

i see now, yeah. i've been reading it as that to start. i didn't take into account town to scum distribution. there's a higher chance of hitting town than scum, so the odds are in the scum's favor - plus, as you said, we get less information from any lynchings in progress. there's far more to lose than there is to gain.

SalTheBard posted:

##vote Jedit for stopping the Hal bandwagon

this seems suspicious - like mafia pushing for a turbo.

##vote Sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I always try to turbo Hal every single game. He is my friend and I don't want to subject him to the hardships of playing mafia. Hal is too pure of a soul.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Please dont kill Sal. His avatar is one of the only lights in the hellscape that is my life

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Flamander posted:

##vote Flamander

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

gotta start by getting rid of the tryhards

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
honestly, since im vouching for sal, they're probably scum. but I believe in the power of animated dogs

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Flamander (3): Jedit, b-minus1, IllegallySober
Hal Incandenza (3): Squiggly, Hal Incandenza, Ixtlilton, Flamander, Flamander
SalTheBard (1): Flamander
Jedit (1): SalTheBard
Anomalous Amalgam (0): IllegallySober, IllegallySober

Not Voting (3): Anomalous Amalgam, Nep-Nep, Tired Moritz

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 06th, 2019 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Doggo avs are p great, it's true

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I had a n0 cop of flam. Time to die scum

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Nep-Nep posted:

I would choose Sal because we are scumbos and I'm in the mood to throw

We all gonna ignore this post?

Used to be someone said they were scum it was an auto lynch

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Ixtlilton posted:

Doggo avs are p great, it's true

Squiggly posted:

I don’t like either of these posts. They feel forced.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##unvote

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Squiggly posted:

Used to be we had joke phase.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jedit posted:

Used to be we had joke phase.

I have played in games where people have scum claimed and then been like "WHY SO SERIOUS JOKE PHASE!" and then it turns out they are really scum. But yeah I also hate when people make obvious joke posts and then those get blown out of proportion.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

IllegallySober posted:

I don’t like either of these posts. They feel forced.

What precisely feels forced about doggo avs being p great? Do you not like doggo avs?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Ixtlilton posted:

What precisely feels forced about doggo avs being p great? Do you not like doggo avs?

It was more that you came in four hours after the fact and tried to continue the joke.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Time zones are a thing

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Time zones are a thing

On which note, I haven't played on SA for a while so here is your reminder that I'm on UK time. I sleep badly so I should be here for a 1am deadline, though.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

SalTheBard posted:

I have played in games where people have scum claimed and then been like "WHY SO SERIOUS JOKE PHASE!" and then it turns out they are really scum. But yeah I also hate when people make obvious joke posts and then those get blown out of proportion.

Heaven forbid we examine the hearty 40 posts that we're voting on

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SalTheBard posted:

Does this post contain an actual opinion

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am suspicious of this shift away from me

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

a good suspicion, Hal sama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz