Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

FlyTB20C posted:

Sometimes black cats are very hard to find.

This speaks to me. June was 8 weeks old when I got her and the day I took her home I made a few trips out to the car to bring in her litter, food, etc. I started looking for her to show her around and absolutely could not find her. I had blocked off the bathroom and office so there was really nowhere she could be other than under the couch, bed or behind some furniture. Nope, not there. After about 45 minutes I really start to freak out and start to assume I lost this cat the first day.

I'm walking by the washing machine and see a bit of movement out of the corner of my eye in my hockey bag. I go over, look inside, nothing. Turn around and then I hear a small meow. Turn around again and there's June, peeping out one of the legs of my hockey pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

SixPabst posted:

This speaks to me. June was 8 weeks old when I got her and the day I took her home I made a few trips out to the car to bring in her litter, food, etc. I started looking for her to show her around and absolutely could not find her. I had blocked off the bathroom and office so there was really nowhere she could be other than under the couch, bed or behind some furniture. Nope, not there. After about 45 minutes I really start to freak out and start to assume I lost this cat the first day.

I'm walking by the washing machine and see a bit of movement out of the corner of my eye in my hockey bag. I go over, look inside, nothing. Turn around and then I hear a small meow. Turn around again and there's June, peeping out one of the legs of my hockey pants.

Haha! That is a wonderful story, I can picture it. This little princess is going on 2 years old and still just disappears sometimes. I was watching some tv and thought I heard some strange rustling around next to me. That backpack was barely unzipped when she wiggled herself in! Kits McKat, hide-and-seek master.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Cryptid.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FlyTB20C posted:

Haha! That is a wonderful story, I can picture it. This little princess is going on 2 years old and still just disappears sometimes. I was watching some tv and thought I heard some strange rustling around next to me. That backpack was barely unzipped when she wiggled herself in! Kits McKat, hide-and-seek master.

Between my roommate and I, there are three 13 year old cats that still disappear, one of them has mastered hiding in plain sight.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

SixPabst posted:

After about 45 minutes I really start to freak out and start to assume I lost this cat the first day.

The day we brought Sam home we had just moved into a new place and he vanished. I thought he'd got out of the house since a mattress had been delivered that day and the door was left open for a few minutes and I couldn't find him anywhere. I put up lost cat flyers and thought I was in fact the worst pet owner ever and was a sobbing mess. The next day I called my mom to tell her and I said this: "Mom I think I'm going crazy I swear I can hear meowing coming from inside the walls."

And then I realized I could, in fact, hear meowing coming from inside the walls. He'd gotten into a hole underneath one of the kitchen cupboards and we had to actually break the baseboard to get him out again.

It was a rough start but he's been my little (big) buddy for ten years now. :shobon:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Black cats best cats.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

agree.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I didn't get a picture because I was with clients, but I met a handsome black kitty named Charles today. He ran out of his apartment to say hi. :3:

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Snowflake is a weird, wonderful cat.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Protocol7 posted:

Black cats best cats.

Yep

(is there a rule all black cat owners have the same awful carpet as me?)

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Hm.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

dissss posted:

Yep

(is there a rule all black cat owners have the same awful carpet as me?)

Those little back socks omg :3:

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

This is Stormageddon, but you can call him Stormy for short.

He loves to get out on the trail,

He makes sure we are reading the signs,

And always makes sure to take breaks to fuel up and stay hydrated.

He often regales us with fascinating stories,

About stalking his prey in tall grass.

He explores interesting nooks,

And makes sure to check out some trees.

Sometimes, he prefers to just relax and take in the scenery...

Before he cozies up for the night.

Bonus black cat selfie:

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
How is this possible

Crazydoc
Dec 23, 2004

marshmallard posted:

Black and white cats totally count, the shelter said they have trouble rehoming them too (although all-black cats are the hardest).

Tuxedo away!
Love all the pix and stories. Growing up I had a black and white tuxedo cat that would do the craziest thing. He would crouch down on the kitchen counter and when our dog walked by he would hop on his back and the dog would go tearing around the house with the cat on his back looking like a jockey and holding on for dear life. Finally the dog would run by a table and the cat would hop off and lay in wait and then rinse and repeat. Sylvester (name given by someone else) is my current black and white.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
I had a black cat named Felix that is no longer with us :( best freaking cat I ever had. He was like a mini dog.
He would also take revenge on kids that would come over and mess with him. He would sit around a corner and than pounce on them. Would never back down from rough play. I miss the little guy.
I think black cats have the best personality.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
If black & white counts, here's Ethics back when he was the tiniest of boops.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

om nom nom posted:

Sometimes, he prefers to just relax and take in the scenery...

My word, that is a magnificent cat!

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Thanks! We're pretty fond of him ourselves.

This is one of my favorite pictures, from the same little nook that he was chattering in from my last post.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill

Pixelante posted:

Good name!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I bought Darkly a toy.
Now he has something to rub his cheeks against when I'm not home with the slicker.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 24, 2019

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

om nom nom posted:

adventure cat

That is a most excellent cat.

June spent the weekend at my ex's place with her best friend. They get along well.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

SixPabst posted:

That is a most excellent cat.

June spent the weekend at my ex's place with her best friend. They get along well.

:catloop:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Pixelante posted:

What a little sweetheart! :love: :allears:

I apologize in advance because Sully's belly is the least black part of her, but it fits the theme of the thread.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

:eng101: Technically, cow-cats are just black cats with a genetic mutation that prevented the pigment-causing cells from spreading properly in the womb. Even genetically identical cats can have different patching! What I'm saying is they count and we love them and want to know if those bellies are traps.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Sully's only okay with belly rubs when she's lying on her side, which doesn't even count.

edit: also I didn't know that cowcat-ness was basically vitiligo.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I guess it's her chair now.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

She's settling in to become a quest-giver. Now be a good protagonist and accept.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Love her so much.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 14, 2019

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Bear just continues to channel the nobility of his big cat cousins

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

This is our little guy, Megatube. We call him Tubes.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I had to put my cat of 13 years down this february and life has sucked a bit since then.

But maybe the time is ready for having cats again. We're considering bringing these two guys home. My moms neighbor had some kittens we wanted to see too, but these two are fit all the spots. Both boys (seem to be more laid back, at least once they are fixed), I want a black cat and my so wants a whatever-you-call-that-pattern-in-english cat. And litter mates who enjoy each others company.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

His Divine Shadow posted:

whatever-you-call-that-pattern-in-english

Tabby.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

But maybe the time is ready for having cats again. We're considering bringing these two guys home. My moms neighbor had some kittens we wanted to see too, but these two are fit all the spots. Both boys (seem to be more laid back, at least once they are fixed), I want a black cat and my so wants a whatever-you-call-that-pattern-in-english cat. And litter mates who enjoy each others company.

Heck yes please take them in they're adorable!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Home since sunday and adapting well. Very social and friendly, not afraid of the kids either.

In the right light one can see the black one actually has a similar pattern to his brother.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

In the right light one can see the black one actually has a similar pattern to his brother.

Yeah, most (all?) black cats have those hidden tabby patterns; the genes for the pattern are still there, but they're black on black instead of being visible. In my experience, they tend to become less visible as cats grow and their fur gets thicker, but it's still really cute. Great kittens!

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Fell asleep hugging me, pawing at something in his dream and mumbling a bunch. Adorable. Then the doorbell rang. I might still be bleeding.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

:swoon:

Harvey Mantaco posted:

[more adorableness]

Fell asleep hugging me, pawing at something in his dream and mumbling a bunch. Adorable. Then the doorbell rang. I might still be bleeding.

Oh god that is the worst, and it has happened to me so many times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I found this little dude wandering on the side of the road near my work today. He came right over to me and let me grab him, he was all matted and had stuff stuck to his fur

https://twitter.com/agiantanteater/status/1136287193280983040?s=21