Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Eggy Koopa was the second-best koopa kid don't @ me

quote:

The Egg-cellent Easter Event

April 16th - April 30th, 2019

Spring is finally in the air and Easter's just around the corner! With that, there's no better way to celebrate the season and the holiday with an "egg-cellent" Easter event Vindictus style! For two weeks, the Exchange Shop is open for trade with all sorts of rewards for Easter Eggs! You're going to need to do some killing to get your hands on these precious eggs so complete all the Daily Missions each day, and when you've finally got a modest collection of Easter eggs, it's time to do some shopping! Go out there now and show your spirit!

Important Notes:
  • Event can be participated per character.
  • When all Daily Missions are completed, 3 Easter Eggs are given.
  • All items purchasable from the Exchange Shop are not tradeable.
Do your daily missions, get three eggs. Exchange eggs for a title (eight eggs), two emblems (eight eggs each), or a couple of upgrade aids. Finally, the usual merc pots and graces.

Unrelated: We should probably come up with a new thread title because the devs removed dismemberment a long time ago. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Unrelated: We should probably come up with a new thread title because the devs removed dismemberment a long time ago. Any ideas?

vindictus: welcome to the grind

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

vindictus: welcome to the grind
I want something that would distinguish us from other MMOs :colbert:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

I want something that would distinguish us from other MMOs :colbert:

vindictus: best fashion sim 2012

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ArchWizard posted:

Haha, did they?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Miul Is Icumen In

quote:

Upcoming Events
Eira Guidebook Event (4/30 - 5/28)
Eira Growth Event (4/30 - 6/4)
Spring Golden Time Event (4/30 - 6/4)
Wing Growth Event (4/30 - 6/4) - Wings Expiration Date: 6/11
Abundant Luminary Dungeon Event (4/30 - 6/4)
Redeployment Event (4/30 - 6/4)
There are a bunch of events here to help new characters level up. There are also a couple of events that I frankly didn't want to see again any time soon. Those luminary dungeon tickets are fricken' expensive.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hyped for Eira and yet again another gacha sales :v:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alright, update information is here.

Golden Time again

quote:

Golden Time Event is back! So come and get as many gifts as you can during the event period! Jump in-game from April 30th to June 4th and receive SPECIAL REWARDS & BOOST every weekend! Yes, you read it correctly, you'll be receiving rewards during the Golden Time Event! So don’t miss out on your weekend rewards and boost!
A standard attendance event. Stay logged in to get stuff.

Press Returning To Continue

quote:

Returning Mercenaries & Redeployment
Welcome back Mercenaries and check out what we have prepared as your welcoming gifts! Returning Mercenaries event has been extended due to its popular demands! Don't miss out on getting your additional perks with the Returning Mercenaries Event!
If you haven't logged in for a month you can log in now and get a time-limited outfit, free level 90 gear, and free accessories that don't grant counterforce so they're not really that helpful. Oh well.

quote:

Redeployment Event

When logging in during the event, give the Redeployment Necklace (30 Days) in the mail to returning players, per CID.
Since it is based on CID, all characters of the returning player will receive the item.
Redeployment Necklace (30 Days)
All trades not possible
ATT, M. ATT, and DEF +500, respectively
ATT SPD, Critical, Balance +1, respectively
Not a bad boost, but not much of a boost either.

You might want to get that growth checked

quote:

Wing Growth Event
Get free butterfly wings from the cat traveler. Defeat bosses to get wing powder, then use the powder to make your wings bigger. This makes the bonuses from it bigger, too. However, the wings are time-limited so I wouldn't level them just for the sake of it.

quote:

Abundant Luminary Dungeon Event
It's the same luminary dungeon as last time, with the same exchange rewards. If you want to get something nice for your Eira then you need to haul rear end to level 70 before you can enter the dungeon. Not to be confused with entering the gungeon, which is a different game entirely.

UPDATE: Eira does not kick. Instead, she shoots enemies in the feet. Eira can grapple and in addition to using the standard wrestling moves that other characters use, some of her moves involve grabbing dudes and shooting them. They're rather peculiar details.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 30, 2019

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Eira is p fun but I'm already suffering the gear grind once I hit endgame since even with all the freebies Evie can't hit QB reqs and she's been around forever.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Eira is fun but endgame bad

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Watch out for those Mitochondrial creatures, Eira Brea!

Bakalakadaka posted:

Eira is fun but endgame bad
I just checked and they put Eochaid's Essence, the Abom belt essence, and the Dullahan ring essence in the seal shop. They're not exactly cheap but they're not especially time-consuming to earn, either. Also, for a while there's been that permanent quest that will turn an Eochaid essence and an Abom essence into +15 earrings and belt, so you don't have to shell out for four smooth legendary shards. So, the situation isn't as terrible as it was even a few months ago.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

finally a proper set for eira

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

More events.

Eira Release Raid

quote:

Eira Release Raid Event

Event Period: May 14th - June 4th
Exchange Shop: May 14th - June 11th

Celebrating the two-week mark of the recent new hero release, 'Eira: The Void Witch,' we've arranged a special Raid Event for all you Mercenaries who are hungry to kill some Raid Bosses and receive a chance at winning special rewards at the same time! For only 3 weeks, clearing any Season 3 Raid will give you an 'Eira Release Raid Coupon' that you can exchange for the following items below! You can obtain up to 10 Coupons per day so find your guild, pound those bosses, and exchange them for limited items now!
Do raids, get tickets. The "best" rewards are outfits: the Noble sets and that dumb spring fairy set. 140 tickets for a set, which is two solid weeks of raiding. There are also shining kitty tickets. They are frankly lousy, a poor man's gacha. You can buy a few seals of triumph or bravery, which are great. Finally, merc pots.

An event to encourage guild runs

quote:

Together With Guild Event

Event Period: May 14th - June 4th

What's more lively and entertaining than fighting side by side with your comrades in battle? That's right! The more guild members you go out into battle with, the stronger you'll feel! For only 3 weeks, we're supporting all the Mercenaries who're going to battles with their guild members with an exceptional buff! The more your members join you, the bigger the support your group will get! So get your members ready and assemble for battle!
Coax your guild mates into doing battles with you and you get bonuses to your stats. The STR, INT, and DEF boosts are tiny. The crit rate boost is good. The LUK boost is great. Really, the LUK boost alone is enough reason to get your guildies together.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm halfway with the collecting event and I just want to lie down forever. On one hand, I'm glad it's not RNG but drat 10 raids a day and I'm burned out after Eira's launch.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

A major update is in the works, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Tq08aw-6k

Also, we have an idea of what two raids are next. Yet another succubus, this one named Selren, and a rematch with Lugh Lamhfada. Because he came back to life after we caused parallel timelines to collapse in on each other. Oops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOkdZf_AT8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KekjtlEk8hE

I can't believe Lugh runs away and forfeits the fight at 2 health bars. More like sore lughser, am I right?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Why does this game not run at 60fps on my 1080ti?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

SweetBro posted:

Why does this game not run at 60fps on my 1080ti?
Short answer: The game is not coded well. Longer answer: Have you turned down your graphics settings in the game options? The autodetected video settings are going to overestimate what your GPU can do. I have a 1060 and the settings GeForce Experience believes are "optimal" make my client chug even when I'm in town.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

ArchWizard posted:

Short answer: The game is not coded well. Longer answer: Have you turned down your graphics settings in the game options? The autodetected video settings are going to overestimate what your GPU can do. I have a 1060 and the settings GeForce Experience believes are "optimal" make my client chug even when I'm in town.

I mean, I shouldn't have to turn down my graphics settings? Given the game's age and visual fidelity, you shouldn't need Titans to run the game on maximum graphics setting at a smooth framerate. Sigh, and here I went and spent $10 on virtual lingerie because my character outfit looked rear end ugly with the default undergarments.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

SweetBro posted:

I mean, I shouldn't have to turn down my graphics settings? Given the game's age and visual fidelity, you shouldn't need Titans to run the game on maximum graphics setting at a smooth framerate. Sigh, and here I went and spent $10 on virtual lingerie because my character outfit looked rear end ugly with the default undergarments.

The problem is it's a poorly optimized ancient source engine shitheap with an enormous CPU bottleneck that gets worse if you are hosting battles for other players. It doesn't really handle multi-core CPUs so it just tries to do everything on one core. I have a 1070 and a 4.0 ghz cpu and hit 60 fps solo most of the time. Overclocking the CPU would be the most noticeable fps increase for me but I haven't done it because I don't play this much anymore.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Instead of talking about how bad this game is, let's take a few minutes to talk about how bad it's going to be thanks to these horrible updates.

Et tu, point five two?

quote:

v.2.52 Updates
Some GUI streamlining. Nothing significant aside from the "Random Box" window being merged into the Event window. Since random stuff is only relevant to events anyway, so why not? They also added a bunch of new hairstyles and inner armors.

Dressing Room Update

quote:

Dressing Room Update

Are you tired of rummaging through your storage chest slots for the outfit that you’re in the mood for? Say no more, Dressing Room Update is here for your convenience! Now, you can customize and pre-select up to 24 outfits in your wardrobe!
The wardrobe system provides an interface for outfit management and automation that's honestly really annoying to use. I gave it a go and it turns out you need to have outfit items to earn points to unlock wardrobe presets and then you have to allocate the preset slots to characters and it's all baffling. To be honest, limiting the slots available to you based on how many outfit items you own smells like a way to get players to pay for more outfit items. That's not to say it's all a cash-grab: The wardrobe system lets you unlock dye slots so you can change the colors in your outfit items without repeatedly dyeing them. That's a legitimate convenience right there.

Special Dungeons Update

quote:

Special Dungeons Update

Avatar of Destruction & Memory of the Past

Welcome to the Special Dungeons Mercenaries!

You can access the two Special Dungeons, [Avatar of Destruction & Memory of the Past] from the [Catacombs] region in Rocheste. Each Special Dungeon will be available weekly and separately, starting with Special Dungeon [Avatar of Destruction].
Classic Glas is back, baby! Finally, us old timers will get the respect we deserve by knowing how not to gently caress up and cause a party wipe.

For some reason, the special dungeon update is spread across two pages.

quote:

Special Dungeon Celebration Event

With celebration to the new update of special dungeons, we're giving out special coupons upon your completion of the dungeon to be exchanged with rewards at the Exchange Shop! Check out the details below and make the best out of this opportunity!
In addition to the usual rewards for completing a special dungeon, doing the new special dungeon gets you coupons that you can trade for some decent stuff. Five coupons for a unique title seems a bit stiff but I think I can be bothered to earn that on at least one character.

quote:

Double Warm Welcome Ticket Event

We know you all love the 'Warm Welcome Ticket' we give you. So, for just a limited amount of time, we're giving out double for all players! During the event period, you can purchase double the amount of all items from the Warm Welcome Shop!
I thought this was a bug at first but it's actually good for people who almost have the stats for endgame raids but who need the kitty potion for that extra counterforce. Now you can boost your counterforce twice per day. Good thing it's not a bug or Nexon would bring down the servers just to fix something beneficial to players.

Goddess Heart Event

quote:

Goddess' Heart Event

Event Period: June 4th - July 2nd

Mercenaries we need your help! Help us complete the Goddess Statue! Whenever you clear a battle that's level 20 or higher, you'll obtain 1 'Goddess Heart.' (You can obtain up to 20 per week.) Collect the 'Goddess Hearts' and use it to complete the Goddess Statue and receive rewards it gives for your bravery! The statue of the Goddess is in your hands so go now!

Important Note:

All rewards, except for the Restoration Scroll, are given as no expiration + binding specs.
Restoration Scroll can be used for a month after the event ends. (Until 8/2/2019 07:00 UTC.)
Per-character Event
Since the max number of "Goddess' Heart" items obtainable during the event is 80, there are no rewards beyond stage 10.
You can move around the Goddess Statue Gauge UI around by click & dragging the UI around the screen.
Log in, see a stupid statuette on your screen. Yeah, it's that event again. Run battles, get goddess hearts. Mash them into the statue to level it up and get rewards. The rewards are good but not terribly exciting.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 4, 2019

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Don't you need outfit points to unlock the dye part? I've only managed to unlock 2 slots on 2 PC since AP.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

Don't you need outfit points to unlock the dye part? I've only managed to unlock 2 slots on 2 PC since AP.
Yes, you need quite a few points. You have to be a whale to unlock enough slots to really play around with this stuff. I've got eight characters and have been playing more or less since the game left open beta, accruing freebies all the while, and I've only earned enough wardrobe points to unlock four outfit slots and one dye slot. It's not great.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Yes, you need quite a few points. You have to be a whale to unlock enough slots to really play around with this stuff. I've got eight characters and have been playing more or less since the game left open beta, accruing freebies all the while, and I've only earned enough wardrobe points to unlock four outfit slots and one dye slot. It's not great.

welp, I never buy outfitters so this update is p meh for avg players. I guess, new avatar stuff :sigh:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Doesn't help that there hasn't been a new set in the outfitters in a long long time.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Schubalts posted:

Doesn't help that there hasn't been a new set in the outfitters in a long long time.

the last direct sale iirc was back in 2017 :sigh:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

the last direct sale iirc was back in 2017 :sigh:
New outfits come out pretty often, but having them come from gacha boxes dampens any enthusiasm I might have for buying more NX to get them. The game has enough RNG; I don't want to gamble with real money, too, you fuckers :catstare:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

New outfits come out pretty often, but having them come from gacha boxes dampens any enthusiasm I might have for buying more NX to get them. The game has enough RNG; I don't want to gamble with real money, too, you fuckers :catstare:

i feel like it's too late at this point too. everything is gacha boxes down. also there's no real community other than this thread and discord full of whales.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=411cTWwxFu8

Another maintenance, another set of events.

4th of July Pre-Celebratory Party

quote:

Event Schedule:

NA: June 22nd, 2019 (Saturday) 6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M. PST
EU: June 22nd, 2019 (Saturday) 6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M. CEST

Mercenaries! You're all invited to the 4th of July Pre-celebratory Party!
Come join the GMs on the Colhen Dock in commemorating the Independence Day for our 4th of July Pre-celebratory Party! We will be releasing the 'Premium Bath Soap' during the event period for all of you to enjoy so save the date and let's get a great group photo!

Event Schedule

Dress Code: 4th of July Themed Outfits!

If you have a flag hat from previous July 4th events, I guess you're supposed to wear one of those. If you want to splurge, spend AP on an unlimited inner armor pass and get patriotic underwear, or spend NX on a flag tattoo.

Well actually DON'T spend NX on a tattoo because

quote:

Independence Festival Event
To commemorate the momentous event of independence, there will be festive Independence Day fireworks upon your departures! In addition, when you complete your Daily Missions, you will receive a coupon, which then you may use at the Exchange Shop for the items listed up below! Come and join us in celebrating the 4th of July!
Complete all of your Daily Missions to get a coupon, then exchange your coupons for stuff. There are two titles, each of which costs two coupons. You can also get a flag face tattoo voucher, flag body tattoo voucher, or a flag hat. Each of these costs two coupons as well. If you end up with a single coupon left over, you can buy a server megaphone. Just one.

Mysterious Relic Box Event

quote:

Have we got a treat for you! To support those who challenge the list of Season 3 Raid Battles below, we offer you a special 'Mysterious Relic Box' that you can exchange for a prize you desire from the list of random rewards below! Not only that, to appreciate your great endeavors, we will also give you a 'Shining Relic' that you can take to the Exchange Shop as well for an item you need! Clear Season 3 Raid Battles and collect rewards of your choice!
A while ago, I complained that they ran an event to get easy accessory essences right before Eira could come out and benefit from it. Well, that event is back again, quite some time after the serious Eira players might have benefited from it. Farm season 3 raids to get boxes. Open the boxes to get an item and a shining relic. Exchange relics for Dullahan ring essences, abomination belt essences, Eochaid essences, pages for an Eternal Legacy book, damascus steel, or two (2)(?)(!?!?!?) merc potions (!). Be warned that there are somewhat stiff limits on how many of each item you can get: Per account, you can only get two dulla essences, three abom and eochaid essences, and one book's worth of Eternal Legacy pages. These sorts of limits mean that the event is for people who have an oddly specific amount of catching up to do re: accessories.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 18, 2019

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Muir's Large Adult Son is at it again

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSWRG7aWqew

Nuadha and Balor are the ancient gods that took part in the creation of this world. They were forgotten when they merged with this world.

Even after defeating Balor, the red moon Eweca continues to menace the world. Nuadha's revelation has revealed that another hero is needed to combat Eweca. That hero is Lugh Lamhfada, forgotten but far from dead. The Hero meets Lugh Lamhfada again and seeks his help.

Meanwhile, Lugh Lamhfada finds his true self in a crumbling temple, seeking the reason he did not die.

The return of the previous hero leads to a rematch. The Hero and Lugh Lamhfada face off, once more. While he has lost Fragarach, Lugh Lamhfada remains a formidable opponent, armed with spear, shield, and Tathlum.

Lugh Lamhfada also has an ace up in his sleeve. When the morning sun rises, you will behold his the true form…
So we have to fight Lugh again. We need his help following the hero's path again. He's going to be a tremendous piece of poo poo to fight again.

quote:

Battle Tips

The battleground for your rematch against Lugh is a temple to forgotten gods. The fight starts in the dead of night, and rages until the morning sun rises.

Here, Lugh awakens to his true powers. And that power may come in a familiar form to you.

Though he has lost Fragarach, Lugh is not to be underestimated with his spear, Prism Shield, and Tathlum.

The spear is Lugh's main weapon. To the Hero who has continued to grow ever stronger, Lugh's spear is not as lethal as it was before. However, as the battle continues, Lugh Lamhfada will use more attacks that sweep through the battlefield. He will earn his epithet, "of the long arm".

The Prism Shield, which Heroes could previously take and use against Lugh, remains with him. Lugh can instantly block attacks and perform powerful counters with it. Even if you have some distance between yourself and Lugh, the Prism Shield's barrier can counter projectile attacks. You must watch Lugh's movements carefully to find openings.

The Tathlum is also harder to deal with now. Unlike in the past when you could focus on simply absorbing Tathlum blasts, now you must absorb them while avoiding Lugh's constant attacks and barrages. Even if you absorb enough Tathlum blasts, you may lose the energy absorbed if you are hit by Lugh's attacks. Be ever mindful.
Lugh's moveset has changed a bit, and he has more tricks to play. He swings his spear to spam wave attacks that are hard to dodge. He can counter with his shield and it can't be broken off. When he uses Tathlum, he doesn't wait for you to pick up stones before coming down and loving with you. And for those of you who read the blurbs but can't be bothered to watch the videos, his big dirty secret is that he has access to Paladin transformation. What an rear end in a top hat.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 29, 2019

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is this game still a massive grind?
I had a ton of fun with it but hit a wall where everything was millions of gold without a decent way to make money.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I had a ton of fun with it but hit a wall where everything was millions of gold without a decent way to make money.
Yes, earning money is still heavily dependent on RNG and you can play a lot without getting jack poo poo. Scroll drops seem rarer than ever. Farming parties for orange chunks and godly crafting mats are virtually non-existent. Orange essences still pull in respectable money, but a pre-100 essence will get you maybe six-hundred thousand to one million gold. Compare that to the forty million gold just to buy a level 100 weapon essence. Damascus Steel sells well but drops about as rarely as orange essences so you need to farm Onslaught PvP to get it with any reliability. It's not all bad out there, though: I lucked out recently and many of my characters have gotten rich by finding rare items. One picked up a rare scroll in a Dullahan run and the rest saw a streak of kitty necklaces and kitty brooches from the daily boxes. They basically got their money by winning at scratch-off lottery tickets.

I suppose you could also get money by selling NX or cash shop items but I don't deal in that stuff so I have no idea what the market is like. Most of the remaining player base seems to consist of super-powerful whales whose desires are inscrutable to me. Perhaps you could go hang out in a Vindictus player discord to learn their terrible secrets.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 2, 2019

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

yes, even with extra luk items and VVIP I just barely made enough for 1 wep for Eira. Mostly I feel like the only players left are whales and you can tell as they're ranked under top 10 players daily for their class. I took a break since the daily raid grind is depressing if you consider it the time/effort.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

A second Tathlum has hit the south tower

quote:

Dazzlingly Brilliant Event

Event Period: July 2nd - July 16th
Exchange Shop Period: July 2nd - July 23rd

Welcome to the "Dazzlingly Brilliant Event," where you get rewarded for taking down the Brilliant Lugh! If you dare take on the challenge against the Brilliant Lugh in his raid, and clear it, you'll receive 1 Brilliant Shard! (You can obtain up to 10 of these per week per character!) If you take this to the Exchange Shop, you can trade yourself a "dazzling" but also "brilliant" reward from the list below! Only who are "dazzling" and "brilliant" are worthy of the title the following event gives.
Defeat Brilliant Lugh, get Brilliant Shards. You can get two titles (6 shards each) and some other boring junk. None of my characters are going to get a title because they've fallen too far behind in the gear race to join Quick Battle runs of the newest raids. Guess I should start spending that money I got, eh?

Don't tell me how to live my life, Ferghus

quote:

Ferghus' Attendance Event

Event Period: July 2nd - July 30th

A new raid has been added and Ferghus is calling on all Mercenaries to take on the new challenge! Check in every day, based on the schedule below, and receive the reward he gives for support!

You'll receive the day's attendance reward, based on the schedule below, 30 minutes after you log in.
A largely ordinary login event. None of the rewards are exciting. Even the free outfit is one of the ugliest outfits and has been given away before.

More like grinding everyday am I right

quote:

Vindictus Everyday Event & More!

Event Period: July 2nd - July 16th

1. Double Warm Welcome Ticket Event

With celebration to the new raid, we'd like to give our Mercenaries twice as much "Warm Welcomes" by doubling the Warm Welcome tickets and your purchase amounts!

During the event period, all players will receive 2x Warm Welcome Tickets! and,
You can purchase 2x the amount of all items from the Warm Welcome Shop!

Enjoy & Don't miss this chance!
They're already repeating this event and that's fine with me. Now that more of my characters are catching up on counterforce, it's good to have a big stockpile of those kitty potions to boost them even further.

quote:

2. Vindictus Everyday Event

For a limited event period of time, complete the Daily Missions, and obtain 3 [Everyday Coupon]s!

Coupon Drops: July 2nd - July 16th

Take the coupons and exchange them for a reward at the Exchange Shop!

Exchange Shop Period: July 2nd - July 23rd
There's stuff in the exchange shop that's actually good, I guess? There's a +13 level 95 armor rune, but good luck getting armor to +12 without assistance. There's also the paradise cube, which is an item that's very new: you stick in one godly cloth, heavenly leather, or godly iron ore and you get 2-10 of the same item back. You're guaranteed to get more than you put in, but the catch is that what comes out is untradeable. Still, it's probably the best thing in the shop if you don't happen to have +12 dullahan armor that can take another enhancement.

Say good Knight, Crystal

quote:

I don't normally mention sales but what the gently caress is that at the bottom of that image

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Also the one female outfitter set that's a actual armor set.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

tiny baby lughs

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c

Raids for everyone! Raids forever!

quote:

Raids of-by-for Everyone Event!

Ticket Drop Period: July 16th – July 30th
Exchange Shop Period: July 16th – August 6th

Calling all Mercenaries! Raids are now of Everyone! by Everyone! and for Everyone! For just two weeks, we are calling on all Mercenaries of Vindictus to take advantage of the raids as much as you can! Upon completing a Season 3 story-related raid battle as listed below, you’ll be given a reward ticket to the Exchange Shop for rewards! Remember, tickets will not drop in Royal Army, Ein Lacher, and Redeemer Battles so be sure to raid on the battles listed below and collect an ‘Everyone’s Ticket’ for a reward of your choice at the Exchange Shop! Take advantage of this event!
Do season 3 raids, get tickets. Exchange tickets for the usual consumables, blessing stones, 500 AP capsules (3 per character), Damascus Steel (3 per character), and Legendary weapon Ore choice boxes (2 per character).

I had a write-up describing why this is a dubious event that doesn't do much to help players run the latest raids and dances around the greater problem of power growth being both random (gently caress you RNG drops and upgrade systems) and completely arbitrary (gently caress you Counterforce and high seal shop costs). Then the SA forums poo poo itself while I was trying to post and it ate my beautiful explanation of why devcat should just stick to making pretty princess dress-up games because that's clearly their core competency. So screw that, figure out for yourselves why this event's a disappointment (hint: Legendary Ores are not the most expensive part of making a weapon and this event only solves that part of the problem halfway).

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rts7Qdew3HE

It's another update.

quote:

v.2.54 Updates

1. Evie Face Modeling Improvements

More than half of that page is devoted to showing off how they changed Evie's face. There are already people posting on the official Vindi forums to say that Evie is ugly now and how dare you. Then again, there are also people on the forums who hate the puppies that follow you around Colhen. They turned away from the righteous path long ago.

Fun fact: I've been told that Evie's face is based on one of the developer's wives. Nearly everything about this story is awkward in some way, from the dev's co-workers deciding she's not pretty enough any more to players saying they've wanted to bone her for years.

quote:

2. Seal Shop Revamp
The seal shop has been made more convenient. It can now be accessed from anywhere using the Seal button in the Character window and the interface is pretty nice because it's been integrated with the exchange shop interface, which is also nice. As for more specific changes:
  • Level 90 equipment mats are gone because they've been power-crept into irrelevance
  • PvP equipment and enchants are gone. You can still craft equipment by talking to the Battlemaster in Rocheste, which is functionally equivalent.
  • A handful of newer seals that went into your inventory because they had no room on the Seal window now have a place in the Seal window and no longer occupy inventory space
  • Certain Ein Lacher rewards are gone, because no one really needed or wanted them. Did anyone ever use that Season 1 extra exp potion? I bet not. If you can do Ein Lacher then you don't need the help.

John Belushi wearing a sweater that says "GUILD" on it

quote:

Guild House: Dungeon + Improvements
The first Guild Dungeon is in. You depart from your guild house, which means only guildmates can party up for them. They're supposedly different from normal battles. There's some kind of power scaling that's supposed to happen, but I don't know the details. I also don't know much about the reward for winning, either. Something about a treasure chest.

Other improvements: You can now tag your guild in the guild search function so people have an idea of what they're getting into by joining. Guild rent can be paid with guild points instead of money, so earning your keep (literally) no longer requires gold. The catch, of course, is that this is worse for solo guilds than paying money because you need a lot of GP. All of my characters combined have only earned enough GP to pay rent for two months.

Once again, they included an event wherein you must complete all guild missions in a day to get a single Guild Mission Coupon. The guild missions have not changed so the aggressively lovely "run ten raids" and "kill thirty bosses" missions are still required. But the rewards are oh-so-tempting: Two titles for two coupons each and a new heart balloon for three tickets.

It's Golden Time again. Didn't we just have a golden time?

quote:

The Golden Summer Special Time Event!
Log in on the weekends and stay logged in to collect rewards. The most unusual reward is a "Electro Swag Sound Player" outfit. Here's hoping it's as good as it sounds :smuggo:

Summer Daily Event

quote:

Summer Daily Mission Event & More!
Do all of the daily missions on a character to get a Hot Summer Coupon. You can exchange five for a new emblem, three for a new title, or one for a 5-pack of one of five kinds of cocktail. Two of the cocktails are terrible because they boost ATT or DEF by an insignificant amount for a very brief time. Another restores 5 STA per second for a minute, which is either good or great, depending on whether it stacks with normal stamina potions. There's also a potion that increases run speed by 20% for 30 seconds, which is also going to be useful pretty often. Of course, since you have to do all of your dailies just to get a few, you can save even more time running around by simply not playing the game that day. The last cocktail refills 250 SP, which makes it pretty bad compared to the 50% and 100% SP potions daily missions will dump on you on the reg.

quote:

Return of the Hero Attendance Event

We've got Heroes of Vindictus returning and we'd like to give our veterans an extra gift as our welcome! All you need to do is check-in on the schedule below and collect the returning gifts we give you! Rewards can only be received once per account, and all rewards are bound to the character so please be advised! Rewards will be distributed after 5 minutes to your attendance.
People coming back to the game after an absence can get free junk, including a set of +10-+12 Dullahan gear (eventually). Those of us who have been dedicated players get to listen to people say "I'm noob carry me plz" and then I do because it's nice to feel wanted.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Dec 1, 2019

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I think it's the headphones "Electro Swag Sound Player" outfit.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

To quote beloved nerd icon Sheldon Cooper: "Bazingo!"

quote:

Summer Raid Bingo Event

Event & Exchange Shop Period: August 13th – 27th

How about a fun game of Bingo right after your Season 3 battle raid and win free rewards in exchange for the coupons you win? For only 2 whole weeks starting from today, we’re giving out free gifts in exchange for your Season 3 raid clearances! Claim a Season 3 raid victory, receive a ‘Summer Raid Bingo Ticket,’ and exchange for a reward of your choice at our shop! The ticket cannot be traded but can be obtained up to 10 times per day so take advantage of this event and collect as much as you can!
Ten raids per day per character sounds like murder, especially right after the guild mission event. I'm still burned out and barely want to play, goddamn.

This bingo event is slightly different from previous iterations. You run raids and earn tickets, then exchange the tickets for either number pouches or straight-up rewards. There are two titles, each costing ten tickets. You can also spend five tickets to buy a number pouch containing any number from 1 to 25, or spend three tickets to buy a pouch containing a number within the specified five-number range (1-5, 6-10, etc.). If you have leftover tickets, you can buy goddess graces. As for the rewards for actually making Bingo lines? They suck. They're all boring and not even especially useful. The closest they get to being interesting is the blackout reward: A box containing cosmetic butterfly wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

A Royal Army Raid change

quote:

Regarding Royal Raid Battle Update

Greetings Mercenaries,

There will be an update taking place this August 27th, 2019, and after the update, the Royal battles listed below will all be replaced with new battles. Thus, the relevant titles that are obtainable from those battles will also become unobtainable after August 27th, 2019. After the update, you will be able to obtain these titles only through the 'Ancient Title Destiny Box' and no longer from the Royal battles. As these titles will now be more difficult to obtain after the update, we encourage you to collect them prior to the change. Thank you.

What: Royal Raid Battles Updated
When: August 27th, 2019 After Maintenance
They are completely removing all of the current 12-man raids to replace them with new ones. I can't guess at the reasoning for doing so.