Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dutchy posted:

I still don't like Nantz for the most part but going froms Simms to Romo really did a lot for him, he at least sounds alive now

A GOOD color guy does wonders. Madden, Gruden, and Vermeil all come to mind in that area.

This sounds funny but I noticed this weird decline when Gary Danielson and Brent Musburger split in 05 or so. I have no idea why but when they were paired with different partners? It felt off.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Most of the bad teams are really just bad color guys. Breen is great and Tessitore is pretty good. Harlan is the best in the business but on the NBA he gets saddled with Reggie Miller at the very least.

I always loved Sean McDonough and Spielman but they aren't paired together anymore.

I think this is rather fair.

I feel bad including the NASCAR on FOX crew for example because Mike Joy is a tremendously talented broadcaster. But Fox and them telling Darrell Waltrip to "Redneck it up" does them no favors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Is there video of that Nolan led broadcast. Was it a disaster??

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

soggybagel posted:

Is there video of that Nolan led broadcast. Was it a disaster??

i watched a bit of it. it was actually hard to find. i had to go to the app then to the broadcast and even when following the link that said "katie nolan hosts" it was to the defaul jeff van gundy/harlan/jackson one. i h ad to choose a seperate video feed of which there was like 5. She was pretty good but she was also trying to wrangle 3 people who clearly hadnt done live tv before and one of them, the youtube influencer dude spilled poo poo all over the floor and then they started yelling about the dunk contest iggy lost and she tried to steer it back to the game because there was 5 minutes left. I'm a huge katie nolan fan but the people she was paired up with didn't mesh too well in general. Maybe it will be better in the next few games.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Good dog not withstanding, I love how college rugby is structured. Probably because the NCAA doesn't have it's greedy mitts on it, or that one of the strongest programs is from a place called Life University.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FuzzySkinner posted:

A GOOD color guy does wonders. Madden, Gruden, and Vermeil all come to mind in that area.

This sounds funny but I noticed this weird decline when Gary Danielson and Brent Musburger split in 05 or so. I have no idea why but when they were paired with different partners? It felt off.

I think this is rather fair.

I feel bad including the NASCAR on FOX crew for example because Mike Joy is a tremendously talented broadcaster. But Fox and them telling Darrell Waltrip to "Redneck it up" does them no favors.

boogity boogity

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Joe Tessitore and Rod Gilmore was a loving stellar pairing.

e: Also, I think Tessitore and Booger in the booth together could be okay. Witten sucked so bad that it dragged the entire thing down so I'm not ready to judge Tessitore or Booger just yet on MNF.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Most of the bad teams are really just bad color guys. Breen is great and Tessitore is pretty good. Harlan is the best in the business but on the NBA he gets saddled with Reggie Miller at the very least.

I always loved Sean McDonough and Spielman but they aren't paired together anymore.

Marv Albert seems mostly incapable of calling an NBA game nowadays.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

sportsgenius86 posted:

e: Also, I think Tessitore and Booger in the booth together could be okay. Witten sucked so bad that it dragged the entire thing down so I'm not ready to judge Tessitore or Booger just yet on MNF.

Rod Gilmore is very funny as a confused old man meme but terrible as an actual analyst. The one season where they kept getting bonkers late night shootouts and he was aghast at the lack of punting or establishing the run was quality content though.

Lockback posted:

Marv Albert seems mostly incapable of calling an NBA game nowadays.

Yeah Turner needs to put Marv out to pasture and bump Harlan up the pecking order. Also fire literally every single color commentator they have (though I still think Webber is a good to great studio guy). Steve Kerr becoming a successful coach was a real blow to the quality of NBA broadcasts.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 3, 2019

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

Rod Gilmore is very funny as a confused old man meme but terrible as an actual analyst. The one season where they kept getting bonkers late night shootouts and he was aghast at the lack of punting or establishing the run was quality content though.

I just thought they always had a hell of a lot of fun together and I'm always down for that.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

a breakdown of whatever the gently caress this ESPN For The Teens was

E: It was on a near 3 minute delay, jesus :stare:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

this is pretty close to what I was thinking too, especially the lack of chemistry between the hosts. it definitely felt like it was 4 random people tossed together.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Remember that profile piece of Tessitore that came out that was supposed to make him look good but just made him look like an absolute try-hard tool shed? https://www.theringer.com/2018/8/16/17701680/joe-tessitore-espn-nfl-monday-night-football

It’s incredibly well written but prrrrrobably not in the way ESPN/Tessitore wanted it to be.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I don't really care to see all the emojis flying around and people greenscreened-in but I'd put up with a reasonable delay to see plays diagrammed in advance

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i want to see announcers in mo-cap suits going into the game to challenge the players, drake, and finally, mike "the czar of the telestrator" fratello in his final digital form.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

harperdc posted:

Remember that profile piece of Tessitore that came out that was supposed to make him look good but just made him look like an absolute try-hard tool shed? https://www.theringer.com/2018/8/16/17701680/joe-tessitore-espn-nfl-monday-night-football

It’s incredibly well written but prrrrrobably not in the way ESPN/Tessitore wanted it to be.

I try to avoid the ringer at all costs

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

i want to see announcers in mo-cap suits going into the game to challenge the players, drake, and finally, mike "the czar of the telestrator" fratello in his final digital form.
Snoop Dogg and Bill Walton calling a finals game live from a dispensary in Denver.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crazy Ted posted:

Snoop Dogg and Bill Walton calling a finals game live from a dispensary in Denver.

there's one like every two blocks in California now they don't need to leave the state

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MourningView posted:

there's one like every two blocks in California now they don't need to leave the state

you can get it delivered from an app they don't even need to leave their houses

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I swear I saw a billboard in Burbank advertising a service where topless models deliver weed to your house

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Sash! posted:

I swear I saw a billboard in Burbank advertising a service where topless models deliver weed to your house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ky_s9uMm8

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

They should definitely not put a "youtube influencer" on television ever again.

Nobody should.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/506sports/status/1136450316428353536

This is why I hate this crew.

This isn't even a fun anecdote like Bill Walton being his bad rear end self. I would actually LOVE that.

....Not to mention? This is DURING THE NBA FINALS. This isn't some guy cracking jokes during a regular season game between the Memphis Grizzlies and San Antonio Spurs.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Sash! posted:

If this place ain't called TITS 4 TOKERS then it should be shut down by a mob.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

wait what

i think jvg may be banned from entering texas for this

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

chunkles posted:

wait what

He lives in Houston!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

He lives in Houston!

which means he has to drive past like 5 taquerias and taco trucks to get to a taco bell

it's a truly distressing statement

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

chunkles posted:

which means he has to drive past like 5 taquerias and taco trucks to get to a taco bell

it's a truly distressing statement

To be fair nobody goes to Taco Bell to get a good taco. They go there because they want Taco Bell.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

chunkles posted:

wait what

if you dont recognize that as humor idk what to tell you

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
JVG is right. Also that topless dispensary thing was probably Dan Bilzerians weed company. Billboards were up for a while with scantily clad ladies.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

To be fair nobody goes to Taco Bell to get a good taco. They go there because they want Taco Bell.

i'm cancelling my fots album preorder :mad:

😛

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That left fielder really made a head ups play!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

honestly the technology at work here (with all of the live telestration stuff) sounds kinda cool and might get me to watch an alternate broadcast but you oughta get stat nerds on there instead of a random selection of four people who were available that night (although you can keep Katie as color IMO)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

honestly the technology at work here (with all of the live telestration stuff) sounds kinda cool and might get me to watch an alternate broadcast but you oughta get stat nerds on there instead of a random selection of four people who were available that night (although you can keep Katie as color IMO)

she’s not much of a b-ball fan by her own admission; i’d prefer someone more invested (like doris burke?)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Declan MacManus posted:

she’s not much of a b-ball fan by her own admission; i’d prefer someone more invested (like doris burke?)

Have Doris do play by play for ABC, not the random internet feed

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Giant Bomb NBA finals stream.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

Have Doris do play by play for ABC, not the random internet feed

Doris is criminally underused and it's really a joke ESPN -DOESN'T- have her doing color.

I've met people that are traditionally right wing politically that have said she's incredibly knowledgeable about the game and deserves the promotion

Especially with how BAD Van Gundy and Jackson are? It's a joke.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I enjoyed the teen cast for a while because I'm a total kiddult but for whatever reason it wasn't streaming in HD and I finally switched to that for the fourth quarter.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Giant Bomb NBA finals stream.

WEED3

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha you absolute loving dullards

https://twitter.com/sportsrapport/status/1137011902385725443

E: He likely knows full well his shithead fanbase is gonna rally anyways but man how the gently caress did you think Bryant Gumbel was going to do a puff piece on your racist sexist rear end

DJExile fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Negative coverage that he can use to rally the Stoolies and create content is exactly what Portnoy wants