Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I found this little dude wandering on the side of the road near my work today. He came right over to me and let me grab him, he was all matted and had stuff stuck to his fur

https://twitter.com/agiantanteater/status/1136287193280983040?s=21

Congrats on your new catte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Does anyone know a picky cat who turns their nose up at most people and toys, rocking that "formal black eveningwear" energy? It's adorable when fancycats like Moka drop their guard.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JaneError posted:

Congrats on your new catte

My co-worker is adopting him actually. I have six cats already lol.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My co-worker is adopting him actually. I have six cats already lol.

And in which of the several cat threads have you posted this mighty pride?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Base Emitter posted:

And in which of the several cat threads have you posted this mighty pride?

None so far but I'll post in the cat megathread

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, most (all?) black cats have those hidden tabby patterns; the genes for the pattern are still there, but they're black on black instead of being visible. In my experience, they tend to become less visible as cats grow and their fur gets thicker, but it's still really cute. Great kittens!

Yeah I used to tease Pepper about being a fake black cat when she was a kitten but I can't recall seeing her secret shameful stripes at all in the last few years.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
hm...!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Black cat belly detected

legendaryRev
May 1, 2008

Soiled Meat
Heck yeah, tuxedo cats rule too! When my parent’s last cat died, I was reading this thread for the first time. When mom got over the grieving, I insisted that we got a black cat from a shelter. Lo and behold, they were doing a clear the shelter on Memorial Day weekend, adoptions were half off, black cats were half of that. So now she’s got Sylvester, the discount monster.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

legendaryRev posted:

Heck yeah, tuxedo cats rule too! When my parent’s last cat died, I was reading this thread for the first time. When mom got over the grieving, I insisted that we got a black cat from a shelter. Lo and behold, they were doing a clear the shelter on Memorial Day weekend, adoptions were half off, black cats were half of that. So now she’s got Sylvester, the discount monster.

Almost a match for my Ethics.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

legendaryRev
May 1, 2008

Soiled Meat

Pixelante posted:

Almost a match for my Ethics.

I love the exclamation point markings like our Sylvester. Perpetual surprise emoji face. Is he writing that dissertation on Ethics?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Evil.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I just got back from a week-long business trip. Sweetheart missed me a lot, per my partner.

Right now, though, I think she just wants my chicken strips. :v:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Protocol7 posted:

Black cat belly detected

When you try to rub dat belly do you get sucked in like a black hole instead of clawed to death? :thunk:

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
It's #blackcatappreciationday

Let's see those ebony furballs!

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Here’s my best pics of Clyde

Mad

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
dat tail :swoon:

Here's a bonus pic of my other fur child, Bettie (she's camera shy too, felt like I won the lotto with this shot)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Clyde's tail is majestic.

Sam, doing his best to not photo well:

SQUIRRELS, featuring roommate Max:

Watching The Miracle of Birth:

This one was hilarious. He cuddled the monitor (he has never ever done this before or since) and was calling to the mama cat whenever she made unhappy noises.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 19, 2019

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Black cat came home last night smelling heavily of perfume (actually more like deodorant). I wonder were he has been (he wasn't missing btw) and who of our neighbors so completely slathers themselves in deodorant or aftershave.

Oh yeah and the night before our neighbor knocked on the porch door holding the other cat, asked if we could keep him inside the rest of the evening because he was jumping up on the tables and into guests laps. It was fine that he was hanging around but when he started jumping on tables they thought best to send him on home.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Stormy has known for a while how to open cabinets. He can also open the big drawer under the oven if he's able to stay focussed on it long enough. Apparently, as of yesterday, he can open regular drawers, too.

Fake edit: That drawer is full of plastic wrap, aluminum foil, and Ziploc bags. Basically various sizes cardboard boxes. Much less comfortable than many easily accessible places. I think he just wants us to know that he can do it.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Black cats are weird monsters imo

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Guys our black cat Bear (posted occasionally in ITT) isn't recovering well from dental surgery a couple weeks ago, specifically a lack of appetite. He has an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow morning--bloodwork indicates it could just be a slower-than-average recovery that needs a bit of attention, but it could be something more serious involving bone marrow or spleen. In the meantime I'm worried as hell and trying not to burst into tears at work.

Please send this sweet idiot some love.

JaneError fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 28, 2019

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

That is a majestic loving cat and I'll be damned if Bear isn't the perfect name. Hope he is ok :ohdear:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Speaking of majestic...

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I have obtained the cosmic void.

Meet Umbriel. I got him about two weeks ago.
He's about 2 years old, fifteen pounds, and generally pretty chill. I have yet to convince him to let me clip his nails, despite bribing him with treats or sneaking up on him when he's snoozing. He doesn't seem to particularly care for being petted for more than about two minutes or so- he'll start out purring, but pretty quickly transitions to swishing his tail and then leaving to go sprawl on the other side of the couch/bed. I guess he likes the company, but doesn't like to be pet? I dunno, I'm still trying to figure him out.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

He’s a handsome dude.

He just needs some time to build trust. Sounds like a good start.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Finally a good picture, black cats are hard to photograph:

Most of them come out like this

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
All extremely good photos (and incredibly handsome cat)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Got a photo of him with his brother this weekend, the sun helps

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

Got a photo of him with his brother this weekend, the sun helps

Oh those photos and kitties are gorgeous :swoon:

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Gotta x-post my little goblin whenever I upload a pic.

And just for this thread, this hilarious picture I took of her seeing me return home from her perch in the windowsill. :3:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Everytime I get a good photo of him I feel I must post it as many places as possible.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Blerg

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
check cat thread for the outtake where she excitedly jumped on my head.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Everytime I get a good photo of him I feel I must post it as many places as possible.

He's so shiny! :aaa:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Yeah he's got a really glossy and soft coat. His tabby brother has completely different coat. I wonder if they got different fathers, they both got traces of something I'm not used to seeing in "ordinary" cats. Traces of big cat, vet said maybe oriental cat?

It's more strongly pronounced in the tabby's facial features, he's got a real ridge for a nose when seen in profile, reminds you of a big cat, it's like a smooth curve from his head down to his nose. The black one has it too but less pronounced. Kinda regal looking. And they let the kids handle them any old how and just look like they don't care.

Both are loud too, talk often, always want be around you. I'm really curious what kinda ancestry these cats got, but I guess we'll never know for sure.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Pom Pom enjoying the sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012