Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

The Ninth Layer posted:

Town players build their opinions from the ground up:
Player X did something -> I think that something looks scummy -> I think Player X looks scummy.

Scum players don't have opinions and work backwards to justify their stances.
I'm going to call Player X scummy -> busing is scummy -> Player X is busing.

IcePhoenix is working backward to make his opinions. He can't think I was busing both Hal and EP, so instead he just says that whichever one is scum must be the one I'm busing. It's fake reasoning.

frankly, I feel not terrible about TNL. Hal getting quiet here is only moderately suspicious, but I've had good feels otherwise.

I have no problem staking it all on IP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My initial reasoning had nothing to do with bussing though? You just took my reads and said that I was accusing you of bussing two different people. I never even said you bussed anyone until you brought it up.

Oh what's that, twisting the truth to confuse others is a scum tactic? You're right, I agree. You're obviously one of the scum.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

You haven't offered much of anything that I haven't asked you to bring up. It took me asking you directly to get you to say you thought I was scum, let alone get you to offer opinions on anyone else.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

You haven't offered much of anything that I haven't asked you to bring up. It took me asking you directly to get you to say you thought I was scum, let alone get you to offer opinions on anyone else.

Yep, this is the reason I feel like IP is scum too

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Well that's a majority. I'm down to just vote now if everyone has said all they want to say.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Hal or E+ I think. The late "joke vote" on Hal is a classic jokephase bus and then you had to backpedal all of day 2 when people called it out because you got too cute with it near the end of the day. Hal hasn't really posted much otherwise, though notably he jumped in to push the vote away from you and onto GK, which you shortly followed suit on, near the end of d2.

As far as E+, you guys have been slapfighting and tying up the discussion for the last two days.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I can agree that IP doesn't look great, but I have counterarguments:

It's true that this is IP's only post today, but I disagree with your read of it: there's absolutely an opinion. The opinion is that SK discussion is pointless and distracting; IP is stating that they believe that the SK discussion is one (or maybe both) scum trying to distract the town. You should consider things more in-depth. It is very possible that IP is lurking scum; it's also possible that IP has been busy, like Hal. It's also also possible that Hal is a lying scumlord. Lots of things are possible in a low-postcount game like this.

This again comes down to style of play: many scum will leave town who voted for them or argued with them alive because they feel it would be suspicious if that person died. This is Gulag's vote on IP:

There's not a whole lot of context to this vote, or to any of Gulag's posts really. If IP is scum, how likely are they to feel threatened by Gulag's vote? There's an odor of scumminess to IP, but I think you smell worse. I would vote IP if I could not get enough traction from other players to vote you today. I believe that voting IP is the wrong play given the other options, but think IP is more likely to be scum than AA, who is more likely to be scum than Hal. This is starting to read like a weird low-power bus attempt from you, though.

This is the scum team btw.

IcePhoenix when pressed for a second scum brings up "Hal or E+." He gives several reasons for why he thinks Hal is scummy and even connects him to me through the GK vote. For EP he just says vaguely "you guys have been slapfighting" and doesn't have anything else concrete to say about EP, a very vocal player this game.

EP gives this whole mealy mouthed argument about how really IP doesn't look that bad but also he's the second scummiest player but also he'd be a bad vote today but also that I'm probably busing him. EP is simultaneously trying to defend EP from suspicion, redirect suspicion onto me, and still get some kind of proxy credit for if EP is voted and flips scum.

This should be game over imo.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote IcePhoenix

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

The Ninth Layer posted:

EP gives this whole mealy mouthed argument about how really IP doesn't look that bad but also he's the second scummiest player but also he'd be a bad vote today but also that I'm probably busing him. EP is simultaneously trying to defend EP from suspicion, redirect suspicion onto me, and still get some kind of proxy credit for if EP is voted and flips scum.

this is a hilariously roundabout way of saying that I think you're an order of magnitude scummier than IP. I think IP is likely scum, and I will vote him to make sure we don't no-lynch, but I think voting IP is much more likely to lead to a town loss than voting for you.

also lol "EP is simultaneously trying to defend EP from suspicion" wow are you some kind of crazy person?!?! that statement makes no sense!!!!!!!!!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I like that TNL busts me for low content while having just as much content as I do but needing like 3x the posts to get there.

Also a fan of the constant "look here are the ways scum play which as you can clearly see are exactly the way I'm not playing HEH :smuggo:" posts.

Anyway since the gauntlet has been thrown down and I'm not dead, looks like scum have kicked off the voting hoping to get a townie to jump on, so I'll RAISE THEM STAKES since I don't have to worry about being bamboozled

##vote TNL

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

this is a hilariously roundabout way of saying that I think you're an order of magnitude scummier than IP. I think IP is likely scum, and I will vote him to make sure we don't no-lynch, but I think voting IP is much more likely to lead to a town loss than voting for you.

Again Epsillon tries to simultaneously defend his buddy from execution and claim credit for being on the bandwagon.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

Again Epsillon tries to simultaneously defend his buddy from execution and claim credit for being on the bandwagon.

Hmmm I don’t like the use of “town loss” over “us losing” generally

But I also just feel like this is your scum game TNL

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Am I ever this noisy in my scum games?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm going to make use of the time. Sorry. I mean if you do it you do it, but I hosed up and ended up in three games and got sidetracked for this entire game day

I'll be quick about it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm yes I feel like you might be this aggressiveness in LYLO

I don’t like AA’s sort of dithering around every possible alignment combo. Jeez no one feels very townie can’t wait to blow this one

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm going to make use of the time. Sorry. I mean if you do it you do it, but I hosed up and ended up in three games and got sidetracked for this entire game day

I'll be quick about it.

Oh ha funny timing

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel like if I had said "us losing" that TNL would have jumped on it and claimed it was another scum tell, and I'm sick of going back and forth with him. Anyways,

I have a work event that I have to go help run for the next two hours, so I'm gonna do this now:

All game TNL has consistently misrepresented my points. TNL has also repeatedly stated how scum should act, according to TNL, without accepting any of the nuance that can happen from game to game. According to Votefinder TNL has participated in 100+ games and is still saying stuff like this:

The Ninth Layer posted:

You kill people who are likely to vote for you. This is a basic strategy.

without allowing for any wiggle room or interpretation. A lot of the game IMO has been TNL saying How Things Are and not actually discussing anything. I am aware that this is flavored by interactions I've had with TNL this game, but I still think that it's sound. I made a pair of typos and TNL jumped on that. I post a correction and TNL completely ignores it. TNL is attempting to enforce his viewpoint on other players and ignoring plenty of material that doesn't fit in with "IP scum, Epsilon or Hal scumbuddy, hurry up and hammer". It all feels very smug, and I read that as scum preparing for a victory. This game hasn't provided a significant body of posts for casing, so this read is the best I've got.

##vote TNL I'll be back before deadline if we have to switch to IP but this is, as far as I am concerned, the proper vote.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm yes I feel like you might be this aggressiveness in LYLO

I don’t like AA’s sort of dithering around every possible alignment combo. Jeez no one feels very townie can’t wait to blow this one

IDK dude all I can say is look at my posts and then look at the posts of the people voting me. I've got the game figured out, they're focused on me and only me. I need to convince two people to win the game, they only need to convince one. The scum team is voting me.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

The Ninth Layer (2): IcePhoenix, Epsilon Plus
IcePhoenix (1): The Ninth Layer

Not Voting (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 06th, 2019 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 59 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yolo ##vote TNL

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
drat

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer, Dragon, Vanilla Town was executed D3.

--

Hal Incandenza, Phoenix, Vanilla Town has been endgamed

Anomalous Amalgam, Kappa, Vanilla Town has been endgamed

--

Epsilon Plus, Basilisk, Scum-aligned Godfather has won!

IcePhoenix, Mermaid, Scum-aligned Ninja has won!

--

Scum Wins!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hal losing all my town games rip.

well played, scum gg

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

el basilisco rides again!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Good job scum, I was actually pretty confident that TNL was scum so that's a surprise.

Thanks for the fun game Asiina!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

also I meant every single word I wrote about mafia strategy, that wasn't some bizarro smokescreen

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Epsilon Plus posted:

also I meant every single word I wrote about mafia strategy, that wasn't some bizarro smokescreen

no way

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

sometimes the best plan is the stupidest one, because nobody believes you'd do it

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

wait was that sarcasm I'm too stupid to tell

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ixtlilton posted:

Hal losing all my town games rip.

well played, scum gg

Yeah I've been scum mvp an awful lot lately as town

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I've been scum mvp an awful lot lately as town

my question to you is: did I convince you, or was it a coinflip?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Dang, got played. Gg scummers

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Hal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shoutout to Epsilon for carrying my lazy rear end

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Thanks for running, asiina.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

GG all, well played to the scum team. This was a sad game to lose but oh well, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him vote.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Thanks asiina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

GG all, well played to the scum team. This was a sad game to lose but oh well, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him vote.

Too true