Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Smart dog best dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

is she going for gip chief justice or something? that role is taken buddy

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Ain't nobody got time for that...

https://i.imgur.com/4YiUj2R.gifv

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Today Apollo and I went to Fort Ontario! I was walking him around it, realized the gate was open, and no one told me to pay so we just went in and climbed around on top of the fort. The view was amazing, as was the breeze!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Hold the high ground, good pupper!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Price of admission was one pupper

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

She had a rough day. The fire alarm keot going off for about 5-10 seconds at a time then turning off. Just long enough for her to whimper as we were about to leave the hotel room. Then after we were on a long walk to destress her from that a decently loud thunder storm started up. She didn't act up but she wasn't happy about it.

She got many snacks and pets.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Oh God I might be able to get a dogge.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Oh God I might be able to get a dogge.

Somewhere a ear just peeked up and a tail had the slightest wag.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

FrozenVent posted:

:unsmith:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

FrozenVent posted:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

FrozenVent posted:

:unsmith::hf::unsmith:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Did you all know the Italian Coast Guard has the goodest rescue swimmer?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Brb,flying to italy to get stranded in the ocean

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Never knew you could train a drop-bear to save a life :3:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

FrozenVent posted:

Completely unintentionally I am moving into a place that is dog friendly. I think it's the first time in my travels I've done it. I'll be taking a couple of months to think about it but man if it happens.....

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Just go to a shelter and ask to meet their goodest dog that they haven’t managed to adopt out yet.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

Just go to a shelter and ask to meet their goodest dog that they haven’t managed to adopt out yet.

You realize that's going to be all of them.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

StrixNebulosa posted:

Sometimes you get lucky and take more than one home.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yes but there’s only one of you so one lucky dog gets to adopt you.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

FrozenVent posted:

Did you all know the Italian Coast Guard has the goodest rescue swimmer?

did i ever post Anja here?

https://twitter.com/ferrygooddogs/status/1124462682755584000

she's basically in line with the dude behind her's shoulder

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

We went to the local state park today and Apollo had fuuuun - this might be one of my favorite pictures of him :D

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Bruce keeps begging me for a walk, and I keep saying no because IT'S 92 DEGREES OUTSIDE.

I DO THIS BECAUSE I LOVE YOU..

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

BigDave posted:

Bruce keeps begging me for a walk, and I keep saying no because IT'S 92 DEGREES OUTSIDE.

I DO THIS BECAUSE I LOVE YOU..

Dog shoes. Short walk.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

El Jebus posted:

Dog shoes. Short walk.

No such thing as a 'short walk', just gonna wait for the sun to go down.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Doggy phone call successful

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Ded

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Here is the best picture

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

juniper watching interestedly while Luca chewed my face off, 18/10

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
My dogs literally do not give a gently caress about video chat or speakerphone. :c

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Same.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

So hello again dog thread, I awoke this morning and have been googling dogs in the area for approximately 3 hours when I should probably be doing my PE application. I will have a 3 bedroom, second floor apartment in a newly constructed community which will soon have a dog park, has ample room for walking, and I've been provided by a friend with a local shelter of choice. I also have a Professional Engineering licensure exam in the fall, a Masters Thesis to write, and a brother that can assist in providing care for said bestest boy when I'm not around. ITT you provide me compatible breeds for the task at hand. My heart says German Shephard, but my brain knows better than that and says Jack Russel or doing the walk through the adoption agency looking for the spirit bond. This thread has provided my countless joy in the last couple of years, and perhaps I may be able to give back in some small way as I walk through the process of getting a doggo of my own for the first time since I moved out of my parents house in 2001.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

SquirrelyPSU posted:

So hello again dog thread, I awoke this morning and have been googling dogs in the area for approximately 3 hours when I should probably be doing my PE application. I will have a 3 bedroom, second floor apartment in a newly constructed community which will soon have a dog park, has ample room for walking, and I've been provided by a friend with a local shelter of choice. I also have a Professional Engineering licensure exam in the fall, a Masters Thesis to write, and a brother that can assist in providing care for said bestest boy when I'm not around. ITT you provide me compatible breeds for the task at hand. My heart says German Shephard, but my brain knows better than that and says Jack Russel or doing the walk through the adoption agency looking for the spirit bond. This thread has provided my countless joy in the last couple of years, and perhaps I may be able to give back in some small way as I walk through the process of getting a doggo of my own for the first time since I moved out of my parents house in 2001.

I would recommend a mixed breed mutt, as they tend to be healthier than purebreds, if you get the chance. My Apollo is a GSD/husky mix and he's all personality.

Also, before you get this dog I would highly recommend reading the dog/puppy thread at PI, and the dog training thread. Even if you get an adult dog the advice in there is worth the look.

Good luck!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The dog will actually help you with the PE and masters.

Go to the shelter, have a chat with them and ask to see some mixes. Yoko, for exemple, is a husky X who knows mix, but I’ve decided the breed is called the French Canadian singing dog.

It’s hot out today.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Thanks to both of you! Assuming my application gets done, I'm probably looking at Septemberish. So I've got a few months to do the homework and will do so.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Post Yokosing.mov

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Thanks to both of you! Assuming my application gets done, I'm probably looking at Septemberish. So I've got a few months to do the homework and will do so.

I'd also look at Greyhound adoptions in your area. They're basically couch potatoes who can run 20MPH if they choose to.

Which they usually don't. And they're gigantic derps who can get their feelings hurt.

Greyhound thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549972

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

BigDave posted:

I'd also look at Greyhound adoptions in your area. They're basically couch potatoes who can run 20MPH if they choose to.

Which they usually don't. And they're gigantic derps who can get their feelings hurt.

Greyhound thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549972

I was going to mention greyhounds because with the racing bans going into effect there are lots of them who need homes

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just

Dog

Things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I would recommend a mixed breed mutt, as they tend to be healthier than purebreds, if you get the chance.

Silly side note: Please still take proper care of your dog.