Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm imagining how much trouble I'd get in for putting Quake 2 RTX on my work computer. It's got a 2070 and I've got local admin rights, what did they expect me to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Google Stadia is going to suck and end like all these google apps that get forgotten or straight up deleted.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Played a bit of the shareware Quake RTX with a 2070. I was getting 60+ FPS at 1080 for a majority of the time. It would dip down to the high 50s in areas with more water. Kind of a neat tech demo, but boy is it jarring to look at the enemy models.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

amid evil full release will be cool

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Guillermus posted:

Google Stadia is going to suck and end like all these google apps that get forgotten or straight up deleted.

https://gcemetery.co/

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Plan Z posted:

Legit had to check the time bar.

goddam me too lol

Guillermus posted:

Stadia is being overseen by Phil Harrison. He was also a lead during the dark times of the PS3 (near launch, dearth of games) and the Xbox One (near launch, TV,TV,TV!) The man might be bad luck.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

please yell GOOGLE at your monitor to progress to the next level

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

"Google Cloud Messaging" killed after 7 years to focus on 'Firebase Cloud Messaging'

The exact same service with a different name. Look, Google is a real poo poo about some products, but some of these are a stretch.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

FunOne posted:

"Google Cloud Messaging" killed after 7 years to focus on 'Firebase Cloud Messaging'

The exact same service with a different name. Look, Google is a real poo poo about some products, but some of these are a stretch.

I was posting it for comedy reasons. Hangouts is a stretch as well, for example - users are simply being migrated to Hangouts Chat.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Lambert posted:

I was posting it for comedy reasons. Hangouts is a stretch as well, for example - users are simply being migrated to Hangouts Chat.

Speaking of products that nobody gives a poo poo about, I'm cleaning out my office and I have a ton of old FPS discs that I honestly do not need anymore. Do they have value to anyone else?

Looks like:
Q2
Unreal Tournament
Q3 Arena WITH METAL TIN!
HalfLife GOTY Edition
HalfLife 2
Doom 3

I might hold on to the Q3 Arena tin. I have this idea that some day I will decorate this room and it'll go somewhere as proof that I once had time to play games.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

FunOne posted:

Speaking of products that nobody gives a poo poo about, I'm cleaning out my office and I have a ton of old FPS discs that I honestly do not need anymore. Do they have value to anyone else?

Looks like:
Q2
Unreal Tournament
Q3 Arena WITH METAL TIN!
HalfLife GOTY Edition
HalfLife 2
Doom 3

I might hold on to the Q3 Arena tin. I have this idea that some day I will decorate this room and it'll go somewhere as proof that I once had time to play games.

Bear in mind the HL CD version is different to the one on Steam - there are some legacy WON mods that aren't compatible with GoldSrc.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

FunOne posted:

And at least few of them are reasonably obsolete without having necessarily been bad ideas in the first place. For instance, I don't know how well/poorly Google Web Accelerator worked even when it was a thing, but I'm pretty sure I know why there wouldn't be a market for a "Web Accelerator" in the second decade of the 21st century.

timn
Mar 16, 2010

Convex posted:

Bear in mind the HL CD version is different to the one on Steam - there are some legacy WON mods that aren't compatible with GoldSrc.

To clarify, you mean the CD version of Half-Life is actually different from the GoldSrc version of Half-Life on Steam, not the Source version? The CD version is also the GoldSrc engine, right?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Maybe next time Google overhauls YouTube's video management studio they'll put in more than like half of the previous one's features before removing it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So I assume it's a glitch from Fresh Supply, but looks like I can drop the lifeleech at zero ammo and it'll keep shooting.

E: And at no health cost either.

E: Actually, no health cost if under 100, you take damage if above.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 7, 2019

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Plan Z posted:

Legit had to check the time bar.

Ahaha, same.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Just tried out Quake 2 RTX, it actually runs surprisingly decent - 60fps on my 1080ti at 640x480

The only thing that lets it down is the horrendous input delay, even with plenty of CPU and GPU cycles to spare, there is a noticeable lag between mouse input and movement on the screen, and it feels very, very sluggish to play.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h58BpLGz5Ic

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I'm good, me.

Let me make it up to you by telling you that a Dukematch map of the set of Cheers exists.

Not good enough? Okay. I'm probably releasing a new version of MetaDoom this weekend! No big "banner features" like new enemies or weapons, but there's a ton* of changes, fixes and extra bits of polish. You can play the Github dev build if you'd rather not wait, and if you run into any bugs in it I'd greatly appreciate being told about them so I look less incompetent when I call this thing stable!

* Note: "a ton" is measured as "over sixty dot points on the changelog", but that's way less impressive sounding.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I've been playing MetaDoom with Doom 2 The Way Id Did It and it has been working out really, really nicely. The chainsaw guys get placed in just the right spots to be panic inducing every time.

If any of you have yet to try MetaDoom, consider using D2TWID with it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Something about those visuals looks procedurally generated, but in a good way.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Something about those visuals looks procedurally generated, but in a good way.

They are a bit inspired on things like fractal visualizations, I think.
In case you didn't know Eps 1-5 are more 'normal', and the game goes a bit wilder in the final episodes (6-7).

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I got Blood: Fresh Supply on GOG but the aiming feels off, like it's floaty or something (auto aim off). Is it just the way the game is and a matter of getting used to (last I played was probably back when the og shareware version was released) or is it some configuration? I have mouse acceleration off on both the game and Windows.

It's been kinda hard to hit cultists with the flare gun while also running around.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 7, 2019

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Gameplay Setup > Full 3D Aim Look: On

Will lead to situations where the enemies will be very 2D when looking down from above, but felt a lot better to me.

Also, Slope Tilting: Off

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

changes at new blood (duskdev is now creative director and some more - it's a thread):

https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1137071813358366720

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Groovelord Neato posted:

changes at new blood (duskdev is now creative director and some more - it's a thread):

https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1137071813358366720

Strewth!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1137076959471529984

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Also strewth!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I know it gets a lot of poo poo for being overused, but I love '80s/synth inspired aesthetics. I still need to pick up Dusk though.

Has anyone gotten Bloody Pulp Fiction to work with Fresh Supply? When I select it in the addons menu it lets me select the episodes, but it doesn't actually load, just boots me back to the menu almost immediately. There's a couple others that do the same thing as well.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

catlord posted:

I know it gets a lot of poo poo for being overused, but I love '80s/synth inspired aesthetics. I still need to pick up Dusk though.

Has anyone gotten Bloody Pulp Fiction to work with Fresh Supply? When I select it in the addons menu it lets me select the episodes, but it doesn't actually load, just boots me back to the menu almost immediately. There's a couple others that do the same thing as well.

As an 80s kid, that synthwave poo poo can never be over used and I'll be sad when the trend fades and the next cycle brings us back to the poo poo music from the 90s.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Gimme more of the Solo Jazz Pattern in video games

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

As an 80s kid, that synthwave poo poo can never be over used and I'll be sad when the trend fades and the next cycle brings us back to the poo poo music from the 90s.

As a 90s kid I hope the 90s music doesn't come back like synth (which should stay forever) unless it's just Eddie Vedder and Dave Grohl being hired to do soundtracks.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

CJacobs posted:

Gimme more of the Solo Jazz Pattern in video games

Pretty sure that was once my background on a Lifetouch Portrait school picture when I was in elementary.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

chaosapiant posted:

extremely :same:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/106780-dusk-movement-minimod-10/

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mr E posted:

As a 90s kid I hope the 90s music doesn't come back like synth (which should stay forever) unless it's just Eddie Vedder and Dave Grohl being hired to do soundtracks.

You're going to get Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys comebacks and you're going to like it.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
As long as we get Smash Mouth and Chumbawumba, I'm okay.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Haha this is rad as hell. I don't wanna know what kind of horrible dark magic had to be employed in order for the 360 degree view rotation to be possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

As long as we get Smash Mouth and Chumbawumba, I'm okay.

I have a newfound love for Smash Mouth after their recent tweets so that's fine with me.