Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

it may sound impossible to believe but brian adams and bryan clarke were one of the better parts of the utter death era of WCW

although that may explain why that period was utter death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

when wrath became half of kronik as just good ol' bryan clark, they renamed the finisher to The Meltdown and it still loving ruled

I remember absolutely nothing about bryan clark except how cool a 6'6" dude doing a pumphandle powerslam is

Current writers of WWE appealing to children - cool finishers and cool finisher names bloody matter

Brock is partially Brock because his F5 is just perfection as a finisher on every level

The Manhandle Slam, is not.

Edit: i.e. in the second match of the AEW card I had to look up Kip Sabian's name, but having a finisher named the Deathly Hallows is just good branding that is memorable

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

Edit: i.e. in the second match of the AEW card I had to look up Kip Sabian's name, but having a finisher named the Deathly Hallows is just good branding that is memorable

I look forward to Kip signing to WWE and debuting on NXT UK with a full Harry Potter gimmick including glasses, cloak and broomstick.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Rarity posted:

I look forward to Kip signing to WWE and debuting on NXT UK with a full Harry Potter gimmick including glasses, cloak and broomstick.

I started to say there's no way Vince knows what a Harry Potter is, but you said NXT

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

edge originally had a finisher called "just do it" that was implying for people thinking about suicide to kill themselves. it was really strongly goading. he had to be talked out of it by a producer and eventually it was cut in favor of a more subtle move called the downward spiral.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
edge's spear was cool because he'd do that crazy man schtick in the corner before hitting it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That taunt never not looked goofy as hell.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
sometimes tuning up the band or throwing up the signal for the diamond cutter works

Edge's gimme gimme shakes and Orton's vigorous mat punches always felt like contrived, possibly company mandated theatrics to me though

not every move needs a tell

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

sometimes tuning up the band or throwing up the signal for the diamond cutter works

Edge's gimme gimme shakes and Orton's vigorous mat punches always felt like contrived, possibly company mandated theatrics to me though

not every move needs a tell

Especially with Orton, the entire point of the RKO is that it’s a surprise out of nowhere finisher!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Rarity posted:

Only if commentary constantly kept saying how much he loved "magic school" every 5 min

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I liked when Edge did his WWE Serious Acting shtick with Becky last year, and she told him to gently caress off.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Remember when Orton dislocated his shoulder doing the mat punches and when he came back he did those dainty, delicate little punches? That was funny as hell.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Rarity posted:

Seth Rollins superkick to a kneeling opponent was called Avada Kadava

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"This is not at all believable," says the man who tried to sell women that Robert Gibson was extremely attractive.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

sportsgenius86 posted:

"This is not at all believable," says the man who tried to sell women that Robert Gibson was extremely attractive.

I mean... women in the 1980's actually believed that. And why wouldn't they?

:swoon:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

dsriggs posted:

the male crop top needs to make a comeback. i’ll do my part.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

WatermelonGun posted:

the male crop top needs to make a comeback. i’ll do my part.

it already is

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!

dsriggs posted:

Heck with the 1980s, if you travel to the Southern U.S. of A. right now, you'll still see dudes getting play while sporting that look. :v:

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015

dsriggs posted:

How do they both have a lazy eye in opposite eyes.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

trauma llama posted:

How do they both have a lazy eye in opposite eyes.

they're just THAT GOOD of a tag team

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shine posted:

I liked when Edge did his WWE Serious Acting shtick with Becky last year, and she told him to gently caress off.

God yes that was so great.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

dsriggs posted:

you can get anything over with good booking

this applies to all facets of life

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You take the good, you take the bad

EDIT: Never mind, thought that was facts

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
To be fair to Jim, nobody is mistaking those two for kids. They found that out when the police confiscated their van from out the front of the high school gate.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thank you. always be fair to jim.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Remember, this used to be one of wrestling's biggest heartthrobs:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

White people are loving weird

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

All this is teaching me is that horny teen girls have the worst possible aesthetic tastes and are not to be trusted.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

speaking of horny

https://twitter.com/markcus_hines/status/1137008199440248834

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/bauhax/status/1137039734541303809?s=21

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

gotta call your shot i guess

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://twitter.com/mamajamma21/status/1137085403448655873

dave's twitter is just dripping with this poo poo today

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Low Desert Punk posted:

https://twitter.com/mamajamma21/status/1137085403448655873

dave's twitter is just dripping with this poo poo today

I mean I agree with the general premise but I think the big problem is that it's literally paid propaganda instead of just a form of international business.

Like, running a show in KSA is not that bad if it was an actual show

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If his point was that people should be against both he would be right but that's never the point they're trying to make. It's always "oh people cherry pick their outrage so I should be allowed to just not care at all and profit off suffering".

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Gumball Gumption posted:

If his point was that people should be against both he would be right but that's never the point they're trying to make. It's always "oh people cherry pick their outrage so I should be allowed to just not care at all and profit off suffering".

I mean, I think running a show in a problematic country is ok considering the second biggest market in the world is also problematic but gently caress it the NBA plays games there

The difference though is that its not an authentic product happening because there is a market there that makes it financially viable, its happening there artificially as a form of propaganda.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Low Desert Punk posted:

gotta call your shot i guess

if I had the level of blithe self-assurance embodied in Markcus’ tweet, I believe my life would have been a radically different one

not sure if I’m envious of that or grateful for it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, I think running a show in a problematic country is ok

Well sure, they run in America :v:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean I agree with the general premise but I think the big problem is that it's literally paid propaganda instead of just a form of international business.

Like, running a show in KSA is not that bad if it was an actual show

The rest of his timeline is chud poo poo, whatever you think his original premise is, it's disingenuous.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/by3kz8/unpopular_opinion_undertaker_looks_better_than_he/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I absolutely need to see Taker vs Sting no matter how much of a shitshow it ends up to be. That's only thing I'll agree with that guy on. Taker looks he was freshly microwaved back to life. Or kept in a glass tube and fed nothing but litanies of how police brutality is totally justified.