Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Tir McDohl posted:

I wonder how well this is doing. In the corners of the internet I check (like this thread and twitter) there are very few people talking. I sure hope the "1st season" in the opening doesn't end up being hubris. This adaptation is so good.

how much do your spaces talk about anime more marketed towards women, cause that might be it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

oh god you stupid dumb idiots don't you leave her alone

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Julias posted:

In actual seasonal news, the licensed broadcasts of the next two Fruits Basket episodes will be delayed in part due to the French Open tenis tournament airing on TV in Japan in it's usual timeslot.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-05-30/fruits-basket-anime-2-episodes-delayed-due-to-french-open-broadcast/.147303

Well that's a bummer

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
But Japanese tennis only takes about 3 minutes and has nothing to do with tennis.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

If i had learned to read i would have realized that the delay was only for a matter of hours, not some indeterminate amount of time.

Anyway, episode 9 is out.

e: :gonchar:

e:e: Haru Five Aces

a kitten fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 1, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hana is too drat strong.

Edit:

May the Lord bless me with this energy.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 2, 2019

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I just realized that when they were taking Yuki home the rat was riding on the back of the ox just like in the Chinese zodiac story. :3

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Iirc (manga) the day the trio cried was when Akito, the Jade Emperor, was born, right?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

At Anime Central, Eric Vale (Yuki's English va) said that this is set to be 63 episodes. So, two 25s and a 13?

I also don't know if he's actually in a position to know or not, but hey it's something.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

a kitten posted:

At Anime Central, Eric Vale (Yuki's English va) said that this is set to be 63 episodes. So, two 25s and a 13?

I also don't know if he's actually in a position to know or not, but hey it's something.

Give me all the Fruits Basket!

I’d assume (if true) those seasons would be split up with gaps in between, but I’d be down with a whole year of continuous episodes...

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rody One Half posted:

Iirc (manga) the day the trio cried was when Akito, the Jade Emperor, was born, right?

That's what I recall, aside from not recognizing the particular title you used.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

all i really remember about the original series(besides a cliffs notes version of the plot )is crying like a bitch at the seahorse episode

so yknow looking forward to doing that again

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

As happy as I am they've started subbing the OP song, those lyrics are kind of a gut punch. Way to make me emotionally vulnerable before each episode, ya jerks.

e: holy poo poo, cuckoo chocolate

a kitten fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 9, 2019

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hey, I started watching this yesterday after being told it was super good several times and having it appear on my Tumblr feed frequently with several gifs that made me want to cry even without knowing their context.

Now I know the context and I can say the crying was very much deserved. This is a very good show and I want to hug everyone. Even if it means I'll end up with a boar in my hands.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hey, I started watching this yesterday after being told it was super good several times and having it appear on my Tumblr feed frequently with several gifs that made me want to cry even without knowing their context.

Now I know the context and I can say the crying was very much deserved. This is a very good show and I want to hug everyone. Even if it means I'll end up with a boar in my hands.

Welcome

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
For some reason they cut Kagura giving Kyo her ~20 lb Ai no Chocolate. They even allude to it with Shigure asking whether she brought chocolate.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Man, this takes me back

It's amazingly well-animated and I love Tohru's outfits

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hanajima is the best.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yuki stop, she's already dead.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

a kitten posted:

Yuki stop, she's already dead.

Prince Mode Yuki does not know the meaning of the word "stop". He's just a charm monster, unstoppable, who can only get his objectives without fail.

Except when the target's Momiji it seems.

4moreSmores
Oct 15, 2013
I will now have to dedicate all free time to rereading the whole manga series so I can finally watch new Anime to compare it to 2001 anime

Nerd problems... sigh :ohdear:

Btw does anyone know much about the new manga series that is a next gen of Fruitsbaskets? My friend started reading it but she won't let me know anything since I still need to read last 4 of OG manga to officially finish it.

I just want to know if it's worth hunting down/ motivate myself to read instead of [insert long list of books I can't seem to ever find time to read...:gonk: ]

4moreSmores fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 18, 2019

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tag yourself

I'm a sparkle.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This episode sure was an emotional rollercoaster, between the hilarious Soma antics and the...far less hilarious Soma non-antics. Which I guess is every episode but the series managed to perfectly hit, without even having to show any sort of violence, just how utterly terrifying Akito is and how hurt Yuki is.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

This episode sure was an emotional rollercoaster, between the hilarious Soma antics and the...far less hilarious Soma non-antics. Which I guess is every episode but the series managed to perfectly hit, without even having to show any sort of violence, just how utterly terrifying Akito is and how hurt Yuki is.

Having Tohru step in when and how she did was so great. They did a really good job of playing up her naive and spacey side so that you might forget for a moment that she's also extremely sensitive to her friends emotional states and concerned for their well-being.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jun 24, 2019

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Akito's creepily slender and extremely pretty

Still a complete and utter monster though

Hatsuharu is a good boy

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'll consider it.

also, subs for the ED now too!

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 29, 2019

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm so happy you can all finally meet the strongest Soma

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rody One Half posted:

I'm so happy you can all finally meet the strongest Soma

me too

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'd completely forgotten about Ayame

He's a good snek

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/wtk/status/1145896250493079552?s=21

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
Well, that was hosed up.

I'm wondering if Tohru has already had her memories of her father wiped for some reason. It seems very suspicious that they bring up that she has no memories of him in this particular episode.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Jesus gently caress that had me crying. It was too emotional. Admittedly, it may be because I'm in a bad moment and can sympathize more than I wish I did but all of this episode, both from Momiji and from Tohru, hit me really drat hard.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

Well, that was hosed up.

I'm wondering if Tohru has already had her memories of her father wiped for some reason. It seems very suspicious that they bring up that she has no memories of him in this particular episode.

She's not a Soma family member so I don't know why that would have happened... Seems more like a generic anime "get parents out of the way" thing.

I'm more curious about Kyo killing her mom.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Alright, let's fire up this weeks Fruits Basket!

Ah, so this is probably going to be one of those episodes where I just cry for 23 minutes straight huh

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Blaze Dragon posted:

Jesus gently caress that had me crying. It was too emotional. Admittedly, it may be because I'm in a bad moment and can sympathize more than I wish I did but all of this episode, both from Momiji and from Tohru, hit me really drat hard.

Momiji and Tohru are surprisingly similar in their perspectives.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
My wife and I were 3 episodes behind so we caught up last night and WELP that whole grave scene got us both real hard. I'm not exactly sure why but every single time I saw Uo's coat that Tohru's mom gave her I just lost it. Many tissues were drenched.

I'm glad they changed the opening song because I really hated that faux R&B thing from before. The new ending credits background is awesome.

Also gently caress Ayame. He reminds me of every stupid annoying prankster rear end in a top hat I've ever known.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That's why Ayame is the greatest

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm glad they changed the opening song because I really hated that faux R&B thing from before. The new ending credits background is awesome.

I'm sad we lost Sleepy Boys

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The stuff with Momiji went from 0 to 100 real quick

Love the new intro
Ending looks lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Why would you let your kid watch his mom say that she wishes he was never born??? Dad needs to work on his loving his kid for the both of them a bit.