Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
when heels are nice people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JnqXeEfdFc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Even with the post-match that seems like a high number for that woman's match to me.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Its weird as to a lot of that was the worst takeover in forever...

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It was to me but on reflection a lot of it was me being really tired and Mauro being absolutely exhausting to listen to

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I think BOSJ kinda soured this takeover for me you spend weeks watching high quality wrestling and then it all blurs into one.

I rewatched the takeover a few days after and enjoyed it more on 2nd viewing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Croc posted:

I think BOSJ kinda soured this takeover for me you spend weeks watching high quality wrestling and then it all blurs into one.

Same, and it's not helped by my current antipathy towards WWE as a company

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The Croc posted:

Hmmmm good point maybe BOSJ did make a lot of us, including myself, be way too hard on this TakeOver. Like it literally fwlt like WWE not NXT but that may have been high dose steroids of BOSJ top tier wrestling clouding judgment.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lid posted:

Hmmmm good point maybe BOSJ did make a lot of us, including myself, be way too hard on this TakeOver. Like it literally fwlt like WWE not NXT but that may have been high dose steroids of BOSJ top tier wrestling clouding judgment.

I agree with the show feeling like WWE instead of NXT. I'm wondering if it's because each match was some derivative of "big time WWE match" instead of completely different styles match-to-match that DoN had? (I haven't seen BOSJ yet.)

I was kind of surprised to hear Lance agree with what I posted either here or in the Takeover thread about the Panama Sunrise on the floor and the match continuing with Johnny up and running shortly after. Just too much of the "epic match" kick-out-of-everything layout.

Shayna winning also reeked of main roster rear end-backwards booking too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The Croc posted:

I think DON also helped and the realization that a lot of what NXT is about is just holding people from NJPW and now AEW. Even though I really enjoy NXT/UK/205 I can't really deny that's a big part of it's existence

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Finally watched last week's show.

Good lord is Keith Lee fun to watch. I love him. I hope he never goes to the main and becomes "Keith". This was a great outing for Kona Reeves, he looked good! And his first "Takeover", so that's really good.

Speaking of first Takeovers, I realized that it was also homegrown talent Steve Cutler's first Takeover. Still hate that team but that's so cool for him.

Yim/Bianca was so fun. Third match best match. It really sucks that there's a fourth title because matches like these get bumped off the main card. Yim's first Takeover deserved to be on the main card. I guess she can beat Shayna after Shayna destroys Io then Candace then Io & Candace in a triple threat.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't watch NXT anymore but Cole's entrance at XXV was lit. Okay that's all I've got thanks.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

VJeff posted:

I don't watch NXT anymore but Cole's entrance at XXV was lit. Okay that's all I've got thanks.
It was very good and shame on the thread for hating it. Shame!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MotU posted:

johnny gargano is the most talented sports entertainment superstar of all time

You probably posted this as a joke but I don't think it actually is one, it's just correct

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

No Irish Need Imply posted:

It was very good and shame on the thread for hating it. Shame!

Oh wow I just looked at the GDT nuts to all of you :mad:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Some of the live performance entrances in NXT have been pretty bad so if you haven't heard of Josiah Williams I could see people expecting the worst.

On a side note, one of the biggest things that had bothered me about NXT has been them doing the whole young hip brand that partners with young hip musicians thing and then largely ignoring hip hop because Trips won't accept that rock is dead, so seeing that entrance was really cool.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
They recently hired Josiah to do ??????

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

quote:

The former ACH has announced that he's now going by the name Jordan Myles. Garza Jr. will use the name Angel Garza, and Jonah Rock is now Bronson Reed.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

those names arent terrible.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol what is their obsession with the name Bronson

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'd wager good money that ACH is named after shoes and Spider-Man

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

They're huge fans of the movie?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

sportsgenius86 posted:

Taking Jonah, a great pacific islander culturally Christian name, and giving him a racist name meaning 'Brown'.

Like, no Australian is going to be called Bronson Reed, his real name is Jeremiah Haley, Jonah Rock was awesome.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Robbie E appearing on WWE's Youtube is bigger than the Raw/Nitro Simulcast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm_-TX6luAg

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

You probably posted this as a joke but I don't think it actually is one, it's just correct

no not a joke I didn’t want to say wrestler b/c I meant like he’s the best guy at doing the WWE style so I used their terminology so it was a factual statement rather than opinion

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Charles Gnarwin posted:

https://twitter.com/gomylesgo/status/1138468439272644613?s=21

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Saudi on Friday. This on Wednesday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFhNrkQWZnQ

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1138979312323969024

Two weeks from tonight. Let's see how this shapes up.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Finally watched NXT; was good!

Am I overthinking the match layout or was it weird that that tag team match was literally first half Candace second half Io? Is that something to ease in new people? Match was what it was. Duke is picking it up slowly, Shaffir is bad. Candace and Io, good.

They've been building up a dangerous match (surprised cage and not hardcore tho) for weeks now. Two weeks is soon, but with Mia seemingly being positioned for the next in line maybe they'll just end Io's run now. Seems weird that they'd let anybody but Kairi (two times) or Io beat Shayna, but I could get into it being Mia. I'm pumped to see where this goes and always pumped for a BLOOD FEUD BLOOD FEUD BLOOD FEUD BLOOD FEUD

Kushida/Gulak, chef's kiss. Super fun, couldn't keep my eyes off the action. Kushida good, Gulak good and also fat now from 205 Live depression. It's a good show, you're all jerks!

Tag team match owned, Undisputed/Forgotton Sons is going to be an interesting feud for me since I love one and X-Pac heat the other. It's go away heat now, right? Sorry, X-Pac. Brit-Am Brawlers finally win something and KOR did another wacky line.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought it was common knowledge that talent gets to pick their own names now.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i thought it was common knowledge that talent gets to pick their own names now.

I mean, does "pick your name" mean from a list ala chilly mcfreeze?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's full of poo poo, everyone knows the way the name process works. He might of picked it but they made him change it and make it sound like a regular name.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Procrastinator posted:

I mean, does "pick your name" mean from a list ala chilly mcfreeze?

It means you present a bunch of name ideas that have meaning for you, and the company vetoes all the "good" ones.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Gumball Gumption posted:

He's full of poo poo, everyone knows the way the name process works. He might of picked it but they made him change it and make it sound like a regular name.

lmao what a dumb thing to do a truth telling call out about

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Watching some nxt uk for the first time; the fash vibe of imperium feels the first time in a while wwe has a team of the times.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Willninho posted:

Watching some nxt uk for the first time; the fash vibe of imperium feels the first time in a while wwe has a team of the times.

We're maybe a year out from them hooking up with Forgotten Sons and Lacey Evans in a stable called "this is just how things are now"

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
very on board with Street Profits slowly morphing into OutKast

https://twitter.com/MontezFordWWE/status/1138603301669408768

https://twitter.com/MontezFordWWE/status/1139707885800316928

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dawkins is just a normal dude but Montez is the incredibly extra one has been a key part of what helps them get over tbh

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
That was pretty much OutKast, too.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

brian posted:

lmao what a dumb thing to do a truth telling call out about

Seriously dude what the gently caress. Not EVERY goddamn thing has to boil down to "Once WWE signs someone they become a soulless husk of a person". Christ Almighty this is the most down I've ever been on WWE since getting into it in '98 but wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I can't speak for where Gumball is coming from, but I also couldn't help rolling my eyes a bit at Myles there. Not because I don't believe his motivations or that he got to choose his name, it's just that what's meant to be an inspiring tweet is going to be really depressing to look back on two years from now when he's jobbing to Lars Sullivan on Main Event.