Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
checkbox
checkbox
checkbox
View Results

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I honestly dont have much more to contribute. I dont know that I completely believe squiggles to be scum, but I think their play looks the worst from a non aggro point. They call out several players and demonstrate marginal conviction packaged in abrasive enthusiasm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

SalTheBard posted:

Anyone else feel like weighing in?

From the receiving end point of view: Squiggly dismissed my arguments without addressing them. That's bad in any event. But also, for the last couple of years I've done most of my Mafia playing on BGG where plurality lynch is the norm. I've learned how much more important it is to track the votes in games where you can easily be lynched with only three people on you.

He also started in on how I didn't vote for Moritz. While I think that Amalgam can't be scum unless Moritz is, it doesn't follow that Amalgam is scum if Moritz is. There's nothing to gain from lynching Moritz without an additional reason to suspect him, and I don't have that yet.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote squiggles

outside of that first vote on me, I think the rest of their play is not good with the buckshot aggression coming across as suspicious.

You can hate me for being an rear end in a top hat but this is a bad bandwagon vote

Suspicious because...?

...because two other people discussed my actions and you want to get in ground floor if they vote me?

It seems like you plugged in some key words that make sense in the context of everyone's posts but not really solely on their own

Already my number one pick!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jedit posted:

From the receiving end point of view: Squiggly dismissed my arguments without addressing them. That's bad in any event. But also, for the last couple of years I've done most of my Mafia playing on BGG where plurality lynch is the norm. I've learned how much more important it is to track the votes in games where you can easily be lynched with only three people on you.

He also started in on how I didn't vote for Moritz. While I think that Amalgam can't be scum unless Moritz is, it doesn't follow that Amalgam is scum if Moritz is. There's nothing to gain from lynching Moritz without an additional reason to suspect him, and I don't have that yet.

It's like you missed the whole point of my post

If A than B, if B than C is a wishy washy junk argument that means absolutely nothing because no one but scum know if A is town or scum

It looks like content but isn't really because there is nothing behind it and there is still no vote laid down by you. Just "I don't think this person is scum because of this unlikely chain of events"

It's bad logic however you look at it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
honestly I dont like that argument because it sets up both AA and me as scum on flips. I mean, I won't lie and I was kinda thinking of voting AA but then I got to thinking, why?

if AA flips town then people are gonna be suspicious on me based on messy logic and I'm not a fan of that.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Tired Moritz posted:

honestly I dont like that argument because it sets up both AA and me as scum on flips. I mean, I won't lie and I was kinda thinking of voting AA but then I got to thinking, why?

if AA flips town then people are gonna be suspicious on me based on messy logic and I'm not a fan of that.

You're making connections I did not explicitly state and faulty ones at that

Your second assertion is a little bit more on the mark. I find your transitive property post as one of those scummy non helpful but look I'm posting posts.

It's scummy on its own, not in relation to AA

It seems like you are not a fan of me because however AA flips, your post is a bad post. Hence why I called it out in the first place as A Bad Post

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

You can hate me for being an rear end in a top hat but this is a bad bandwagon vote

Suspicious because...?

...because two other people discussed my actions and you want to get in ground floor if they vote me?

It seems like you plugged in some key words that make sense in the context of everyone's posts but not really solely on their own

Already my number one pick!

I addressed the suspicion prior to the vote.

See here:

Sorry all, I've still been lurking legitimately. Not sure how I feel about the game state, but also don't know too much abou twha'ts going on currently.

I did like this vote, I thought it was indicative of town motivations even if wrong

Hmmm, I probably would have shot Jedit at the time, might still would.

I don't like this post though, and the banter with Sal is also less than great.

Could be the aggressive playstyle of a maf grog coming into contemporary maf moods. perhaps perhaps, but looks kinda lovely and they were harping jedit, my main target of suspicion with the hypothetical game theory remark. granted we both may have some bias here. Jedit pardoning me while I've been casing him :thunk: and coming at squiggles.... hmmm

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
it's not the best, but I did give it some thought instead of placing a drive by vote on you squig

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Squiggly posted:

It's like you missed the whole point of my post

If A than B, if B than C is a wishy washy junk argument that means absolutely nothing because no one but scum know if A is town or scum

It looks like content but isn't really because there is nothing behind it and there is still no vote laid down by you. Just "I don't think this person is scum because of this unlikely chain of events"

It's bad logic however you look at it

Yeah, gently caress you because I explained the full chain of events - by which I mean, the three possibilities that exist if you can count to two.

##vote Squiggly

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jedit posted:

Yeah, gently caress you because I explained the full chain of events - by which I mean, the three possibilities that exist if you can count to two.

##vote Squiggly

Ooooo look a chain of events I'm a helpful townie

Nice OMGUS hahahaha

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
That is a very OMGUS vote but I can't really blame them for it. I'm not voting for you because I can't see scum being so aggressive. I'm super busy at work so I won't really be able to post much between now and 645p

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I think we shouldn't be so hard on squiggly seeing that when he was a boy he came upon two nuns making love in a cave

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

That is a very OMGUS vote but I can't really blame them for it. I'm not voting for you because I can't see scum being so aggressive. I'm super busy at work so I won't really be able to post much between now and 645p

You can call it OMGUS if you want, but take a look at how he's responding to confrontation. He's made no attempt to address the question of where I should think the scum are, if not between Squiggly/Hal and Sober/Moritz.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jedit posted:

You can call it OMGUS if you want, but take a look at how he's responding to confrontation. He's made no attempt to address the question of where I should think the scum are, if not between Squiggly/Hal and Sober/Moritz.

A.) You never posed a question

B ) You made a game theory post about how many scum there might be

C.) You made a long winded hypothetical post tying a bunch of people together

D.) Your big conclusion was "this person is probably town UNLESS this person is scum" still tying people together for chain lynches

E.) You vote nobody

F.) You invent some bullshit about how I should tell you where to look for scum instead of scum hunting yourself and act like that's a plausible reason to vote for someone

I didn't think I needed to spell it out to that degree because I assumed the rest of you were semi competent and could see why that post was A Bad Post™ but hey my bad I guess

Pretty sure now is when I convince myself I'm right. I'd vote jedit but I still think AA is scum too

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

it's not the best, but I did give it some thought instead of placing a drive by vote on you squig

I'd like the input from others but while I'm addressing things

Why is being aggressive suspicious

What about that makes me scummy

These are unexplained questions that would help justify your vote or anything else really. Looks like you were trying to call me town to see if I'd back off but now that I'm not going to you figured might as well shoot for the lynch

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I'd also like to downgrade my ix reading from townie to neutral. He's chiming in to troll post but nothing substantial

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Squiggly posted:

I'd also like to downgrade my ix reading from townie to neutral. He's chiming in to troll post but nothing substantial

Sorry about your nun experience

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Ixtlilton posted:

Sorry about your nun experience

Bro don't talk about my moms like that

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Squiggly posted:

Bro don't talk about my moms like that

I'm now imagining that you were raised by two nuns and they wanted you to take over their bakery when you got older but what you really wanted to do was be a fighter pilot.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Ixtlilton posted:

I'm now imagining that you were raised by two nuns and they wanted you to take over their bakery when you got older but what you really wanted to do was be a fighter pilot.

gently caress rolls I was born to drop bombs 😎

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Squiggly posted:

gently caress rolls I was born to drop bombs 😎

When I get home from work I'll make you an mspaint about your life if you want.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Haha squiggly the new generation of mafia just doesn’t get you man

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

Wow I like this post so little that I’m forced to ##vote TM not voting because you are worried about any heat you’d get if it was bad is not a good look.

That post also makes me feel worse about AA

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ixtlilton posted:

When I get home from work I'll make you an mspaint about your life if you want.

My read on you is now entirely dependent on whether you follow through with this or not and if so the quality of the mspaint

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Jedit posted:

Jedit, I agree with you 100%, but I don't really see scum being super aggro like this and putting so much heat on themselves.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

Jedit, I agree with you 100%, but I don't really see scum being super aggro like this and putting so much heat on themselves.

You and squiggles both do these scum excuses based on optimal play, and subjective scum play. I dont think it's good and makes you both look worse for it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wow I like this post so little that I’m forced to ##vote TM not voting because you are worried about any heat you’d get if it was bad is not a good look.

That post also makes me feel worse about AA

I can see it as a legitimate concern for Amalgam, but then it wasn't him making the remark.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

I looked at my rap sheet yesterday and I have a probation from 6 years ago for this schtick hahahah

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
You were also scum there Hal...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

!!!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I tend to think you really believe that but believe it or not in the old days there were lots of people who were very aggressive scum. You would run away from a game that had a scum team of like Chili, Dhaes, LiterallyMadIRL and TheRam

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Squiggly posted:

You're making connections I did not explicitly state and faulty ones at that

Your second assertion is a little bit more on the mark. I find your transitive property post as one of those scummy non helpful but look I'm posting posts.

It's scummy on its own, not in relation to AA

It seems like you are not a fan of me because however AA flips, your post is a bad post. Hence why I called it out in the first place as A Bad Post

This is now a bad post because it's responding to who I thought was jedit

TM inserted himself into nowhere with another bad post but I thought I was responding to a different person whoops

To self: Learn to read, you inept dumb gently caress

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

LIES! I just read and I was totally town why would you throw fictional shade on me :siren:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

This is now a bad post because it's responding to who I thought was jedit

TM inserted himself into nowhere with another bad post but I thought I was responding to a different person whoops

To self: Learn to read, you inept dumb gently caress

Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate your honesty. How townie! Or is that what you want me to think...

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

LIES! I just read and I was totally town why would you throw fictional shade on me :siren:

I read it yesterday and already forgot apparently

Oof maybe I need to cut back on my weed intake

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate your honesty. How townie! Or is that what you want me to think...

I'ma be real I don't really care what anyone thinks because even if I'm lynched I still get a vig kill to do your jobs for you :clint:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

I'ma be real I don't really care what anyone thinks because even if I'm lynched I still get a vig kill to do your jobs for you :clint:

Way to steal my D1 strategy squiggles

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hal Incandenza posted:

My read on you is now entirely dependent on whether you follow through with this or not and if so the quality of the mspaint

He didn't say whether or not he wanted it so work is halted until he returns. Also I played SC 2 for the first time in 10 months today and I'm still Diamond (3) :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Ixtlilton posted:

He didn't say whether or not he wanted it so work is halted until he returns. Also I played SC 2 for the first time in 10 months today and I'm still Diamond (3) :toot:

Don't blue ball me like that