Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Well yeah, that’s Lil Sebastian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I keep praying to my local preacher for it but no miracles yet

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Burt Sexual posted:

Wtf on Costco produce. They are consistently better quality than any other store around here.

I will give Costco credit in that their produce is very consistent. I'll buy their grapes on occasion and they're always a perfect firmness and sweetness. I'm sure their cut melon platters (I think they have these?) are good, it sucks buying cantaloupe or honeydew and having it be flavorless junk, but we usually buy from a Mexican grocer when they're 5lb/$1 so the stakes aren't super high if they aren't good.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My Costco always seems to have bad strawberries even though it's extremely busy. I seem to find a lot of packages with mold in them

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Burt Sexual posted:

Thankfully airlines are starting to crack down on this bs...that COSTCO participates in.

literally shook at this post praising airlines and chastising the blessed co

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Tomorrow morning I will be going to pick up a $598 Louisana Kamado Grill, 24inch. Normal retail $900. It's heavy as poo poo, even lifting the lid, but it's double clay wall insulated and comes with a pizza stone for baking and I need a new grill to do everything on. I think it'd take 2-3 people to lift the box up to my deck or out of the SUV/Truck. Gonna go lump charcoal.

Lo but did I serve my devotion and consumed the $1.50 dog and pop, PBUC.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

My Costco always seems to have bad strawberries even though it's extremely busy. I seem to find a lot of packages with mold in them

Strawberries and raspberries are risky at mine for being moldy. I can get blackberries and blueberries at mine that are great pretty much all the time though. Also bell peppers can be a gamble sometimes.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Went to costco to get cookout food. Had a free sample of some tetons jalapeno and cheddar bratwurst and ended up buying some. It was very good. The sample lady gave me an extra sample for actually buying it.

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib

From my local Costco...

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

thank you for your service :911:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Zoodpipe posted:

From my local Costco...

Praise be. Inshallah.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Apprentice Dick posted:

Strawberries and raspberries are risky at mine for being moldy. I can get blackberries and blueberries at mine that are great pretty much all the time though. Also bell peppers can be a gamble sometimes.

Really, I have trouble with any packaged fruits. Strawberries, oranges, kiwis, there’s, like, a 60% chance that the ones in the middle that you can’t see are gonna be gross and bruised and moldy.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

Wtf on Costco produce. They are consistently better quality than any other store around here.
I tried to make kimchi out of Costco Brussels sprouts once (I have made kimchi out of supermarket Brussels sprouts before and it worked great) and the things stubbornly refused to ferment, like at all. They remained completely inert for literal months. It kind of gave me the creeps.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Zoodpipe posted:

From my local Costco...

How do I train a stoat to dive into the endless piles of XXL 32 degrees to find me an actual size for humans, or can I buy one off alibaba

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
With the 110°F+ heat indexes in South Texas lately these have been life savers for my sales team (car dealer)

PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

jisforjosh posted:

With the 110°F+ heat indexes in South Texas lately these have been life savers for my sales team (car dealer)

PBUC

mmmm i love paletas

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Dely Apple posted:

How do I train a stoat to dive into the endless piles of XXL 32 degrees to find me an actual size for humans, or can I buy one off alibaba

The easier solution is to eat more dogs and chicken bakes.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

jisforjosh posted:

PBUC

Oh poo poo!

Zuur
May 2, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

It's not pet culture, it's just dog culture, no one brings their cat to Costco

I work at the Kirkland church. Can confirm there is one that comes through here with a cat once or twice.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

PBUC

These are amazing.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

jisforjosh posted:

PBUC

Welp just learned a new word today. The wonders of the costco thread.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

jisforjosh posted:

PBUC

If that had banana, I would buy it immediately

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

jisforjosh posted:

PBUC

Can we get this man a “Boss of the Century” award?

From Costco of course!

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
What do y'all think of the 48 ounce jug of Kirkland Minced California Garlic? Maybe it's the citric acid they include with the garlic, but the convenience of pre-minced vs. peeling and slicing actual fresh garlic is not worth the taste. Does anyone have good luck with this stuff? Now I have 47 ounces and no real desire to make my way to the bottom of the jug.

I also purchased lunch, one slice of cheese pizza, and a fountain drink. I opted out of my refill.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I've never had an issue with using minced jar garlic when cooking. You could return it?

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

Moey posted:

I've never had an issue with using minced jar garlic when cooking. You could return it?

Nah, I've had other brands in the past and they tasted similar, guess I just don't like it jarred.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Even if it was good, 48 oz seems insane. I would expect it to lose a large amount of flavor before it runs out unless you’re cooking meals for 12 everyday.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

grellgraxer posted:

What do y'all think of the 48 ounce jug of Kirkland Minced California Garlic? Maybe it's the citric acid they include with the garlic, but the convenience of pre-minced vs. peeling and slicing actual fresh garlic is not worth the taste. Does anyone have good luck with this stuff? Now I have 47 ounces and no real desire to make my way to the bottom of the jug.

I also purchased lunch, one slice of cheese pizza, and a fountain drink. I opted out of my refill.
The jarred stuff is gross, never really liked any brand I've tried but the GF had the costco one once and I'd say it was particularly bad. If you want some no effort garlic the costco round here sells https://www.amazon.com/Litehouse-Freeze-Dried-Garlic-grams/dp/B004VD2T4W and while it's not quite as good as fresh it's basically the closest I've found any powders/freeze dried stuff.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

grellgraxer posted:

Yeah pre-minced garlic is pretty bad. I would also generally be concerned about the production chain involved because pre-peeled garlic is mostly literal chinese prison labor gnawing their fingers down to the nub to peel garlic. There's a pretty good documentary on Netflix called Rotten that's worth checking out on the horrors of that poo poo. I'm not sure if pre-peeled garlic ends up using in pre-minced garlic or not, but either way yeah it's not going to be fresh-tasting and will lose important poo poo pretty quickly. Honestly just get a garlic press that flips open and easy to clean--it goes pretty quick and the very minor time-convenience of pre-minced poo poo isn't worth the loss of taste.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I guess I am a monster with lovely taste buds!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

jisforjosh posted:

PBUC

Those look really good, we got a big box of the Outshine bars. They’re fine.

Does Costco still sell the half pieces of frozen fruit full of sherbet? The coconut ones were great.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
As long as they aren't made in mexico... I'll try em.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Zuur posted:

I work at the Kirkland church. Can confirm there is one that comes through here with a cat once or twice.

Can you convince them to make an inventory search tool? I know they want people wandering the aisles, but it'd be super awesome if I could know which of the 3 houses of worship near me I should go to in order to find specific items that are not always carried.

It'd be like praying and getting an actual response.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

At church today someone had the neat idea to move all 171 cases of Kirkland Select seltzer somewhere besides the beverage area. Nobody at the CS desk knows where it is, but there’s definitely 171 cases on hand.

Dog was god tho. PBUC.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

DkHelmet posted:

At church today someone had the neat idea to move all 171 cases of Kirkland Select seltzer somewhere besides the beverage area. Nobody at the CS desk knows where it is, but there’s definitely 171 cases on hand.

Dog was god tho. PBUC.
I think anyone with warehouse experience could get a sensible chuckle out of this. You betcha after you asked about it and people noticed it was in the system but no where to be found that inventory managers ended up chewing the gently caress out of someone. The radio chatter woulda been priceless.

"How'd you lose a whole loving pallet"

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

grellgraxer posted:

Get the bags of peeled whole cloves. Thank me later.

DkHelmet posted:

Dog was god tho. PBUC.

My CO moved the cream cheese. Like all the various kinds of it. Gone. Waited ten minutes for a runner and they gave up since they couldn’t find it either.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

moolchaba posted:

As long as they aren't made in mexico... I'll try em.

Whats wrong with stuff made in Mexico?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Whats wrong with stuff made in Mexico?

You try enjoying an RV where it’s always raining inside

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Fallom posted:

You try enjoying an RV where it’s always raining inside

I bet you know the day of your own death, don't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I bought a tent from Costco last year and only first set it up this weekend. There is a hole in one of the mesh screens. Is this an acceptable Costco return?