Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Do we even know if it’s releasing today or if was just going to be announced today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
It's kind of unusual for content to release on a sunday, so my guess is no.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

watho posted:

Do we even know if it’s releasing today or if was just going to be announced today?

The rumor is that it'll be released today during the Microsoft keynote but there is no factual information about the actual release.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The Commander Lilith DLC is up on Steam, downloading now.

e:also PSN.

Now free, but will be $15 (or $20 according to another source) July 9th.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv8D0jUJ1Gw

new trailer

still no krieg sighting

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
What zone does it start in?

Edit: nevermind. had to go through an update dance to start. Zone is called Battle for Sanctuary.

drill press corps fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 9, 2019

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rinkles posted:

The Commander Lilith DLC is up on Steam, downloading now.

e:also PSN.

Now free, but will be $15 (or $20 according to another source) July 9th.

So it's free now but we'll have to pay for it later, or if we download it now we keep it forever for free?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

So it's free now but we'll have to pay for it later, or if we download it now we keep it forever for free?

The latter I believe. I could've worded that better.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Nearly 70k playing Borderlands 2 right now :eyepop:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I think I can't play at OP levels anymore. As in I can't find the option. Maybe I need to level to the new max level?

Kinda daft.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Whaaaaaaa... well now I have to launch the game and inspect.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Just in time, I hit level 70 with Athena earlier today. Feel like I want to restart UVHM again and full kit her out.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've been playing the handsome collection all week since it was free for PS+ this month and just hit 30 today, and now I see there's an update that lets you skip to level 30. RIP

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
This is handy. I can equip OP1 items, not that I have any I want, have no idea what OP difficulty I'm running up against on Digistruct Peak (enemies are L74, so probably OP2), and am once again gaining XP despite being L72.

But the real frustration is trying to remember what the skill chain is. It's been over a year.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

I've been playing the handsome collection all week since it was free for PS+ this month and just hit 30 today, and now I see there's an update that lets you skip to level 30. RIP

Taking that option also puts you at the start of the Battle for Sanctuary and gives you a warning that it's about to get spoilery if you haven't played the game already. You've pretty much done it as intended and will probably have a decent loadout. I rolled a lvl 30 Zer0 as I previously played on PS4 and had 4 green weapons (Slag sniper. Fire SMG, shock pistol and explosive rifle) and some other basic kit. You can just take a quick travel and do other stuff though, didn't check if it dropped you in True Vault Hunter or anything.

It's also set after Tales, with major events being relevant really early.

I'm digging it so far, villain seems pretty interesting and has potential for fun. Early appearance from *sigh* Vaughn. Fine character, shame about the other stuff.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'm just gonna cruise through the DLC at level 53 because UVHM kicks my rear end every time I try it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Got half a level in little over an hour. Gonna be a long trek to 80, and because I can't play OP levels all the loot is much weaker than what i already have.

I didn't overlook a way to play OP, did I?

e:

think this is new

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyyB01P8ezA

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 10, 2019

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
if i preorder bl3 do i get to kick randy pitchford in the rear end until he needs a wheelchair for the rest of his life? i'll get that big lootchest edition if they throw in getting to do the same to anthony burch

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
Got a rainbow SMG, the Tediore Infection Cleaner. No idea what it does.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

drill press corps posted:

Got a rainbow SMG, the Tediore Infection Cleaner. No idea what it does.

wonder if they added anything broken. probably not.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

I like these skill trees. Infinite Ammo, Big Explosions, and No Health But At Least I've Got Shields.

Given the manufacturer synergy skill in the Ammo tree, I'm guessing the correct option is to just load up with all Vladof or something. All the ammo regen stuff works by percentage, so low ammo count guns wouldn't be that useful.

Explosion tree seems mostly focused on grenades, but it also has the "splash damage effect" clause for a lot of its skills so I guess it works with any explosive weapon too? TBH it seems the least fun of the three trees, but maybe I just don't love grenades enough.

The Shield tree is pretty interesting, especially the combination of sacrifice 60% (?) of your max health for an equal amount of extra shield, along with other skills that both hurt you and give you bonuses for being in critical. The idea seems to be to have 1 HP behind an unbreakable shield, which will be extremely cool if it works and you don't just instantly die to everything. This definitely would not work with the way BL2 is balanced, so it depends on a lot of things. Oh yeah and it also has party buffs I guess.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 10, 2019

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Rinkles posted:

Got half a level in little over an hour. Gonna be a long trek to 80, and because I can't play OP levels all the loot is much weaker than what i already have.

I didn't overlook a way to play OP, did I?

e:

think this is new

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyyB01P8ezA

There's a lot of Salvador in that Green Skill tree

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Clarste posted:

The Shield tree is pretty interesting, especially the combination of sacrifice 60% (?) of your max health for an equal amount of extra shield, along with other skills that both hurt you and give you bonuses for being in critical. The idea seems to be to have 1 HP behind an unbreakable shield, which will be extremely cool if it works and you don't just instantly die to every thing. This definitely would not work with the way BL2 is balanced, so it depends on a lot of things. Oh yeah and it also has party buffs I guess.

wonder if healthgate is still a thing

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Wait, hm, literally infinite ammo after exiting iron bear... Could you, like, utterly annihilate anything with a Jakobs shotgun in those 5 seconds? Traditionally Jakobs shotguns fire so fast that they're limited only by reload time. In general, while the ammo regen talents would seem ineffective on Jakobs, ammo capacity is pretty great on them.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWtFYMeBGjI

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Rinkles posted:

wonder if they added anything broken. probably not.

I got a rainbow grenade that I already forgot the name of, that is pretty broken. Basically shoots fireballs all over the place?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Extremely not interested in yet another level cap raise for 2 7 years after the fact. Makes me extremely wary of 3's endgame.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm disappointed that they didn't continue the trend of previous BL2 DLC and TPS quests where the vault hunter has voice lines in response to quest stuff. krieg's been silent this whole time.

well. other than the screaming.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

they said they added two new op levels, but i'm not sure if that's on top of the old op levels or two on top of the new max level---since there were 8 op levels, that would be equivalent to the 8 new regular levels.

as in is max op level now 2 or 10?

Kerrzhe posted:

i'm disappointed that they didn't continue the trend of previous BL2 DLC and TPS quests where the vault hunter has voice lines in response to quest stuff. krieg's been silent this whole time.

i was thinking the same thing.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Extremely not interested in yet another level cap raise for 2 7 years after the fact. Makes me extremely wary of 3's endgame.

i like more skillpoints (remains to be seen how that scales with enemies), but i'm not looking forward to leveling

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Kerrzhe posted:

well. other than the screaming.

That means Gearbox would have to actually work with voice actors.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

That means Gearbox would have to actually work with voice actors.

there's a fair amount of voice acting (including chris hardwick)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mean, I haven't played it yet but ultimately the new DLC is just an ad for BL3, right? I can imagine that they put the least amount of effort into it as possible to effectively serve that role.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Orange Crush Rush posted:

There's a lot of Salvador in that Green Skill tree

I'm a gunzerker at heart and I see several similar skills in the other trees including a watered down money shot skill which is exciting. I'm not a fan of the mech thing though since it replaces your guns in a game about gun choice and variety. I'm concerned that the mech will either be your primary damage source or be useless compared to some red text gimmick. There's an option to make it act more like a turret but I'm not really a fan of the soldier class after playing Roland in the first game.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Clarste posted:

I mean, I haven't played it yet but ultimately the new DLC is just an ad for BL3, right? I can imagine that they put the least amount of effort into it as possible to effectively serve that role.

it's pretty long, it feels like a full DLC pack. new zones, new enemies, etc. there's a lot of stuff bringing in the characters/events of the Tales game into the main story. like scooter's sendoff :(

i'll give a proper verdict when i actually finish it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

they said they added two new op levels, but i'm not sure if that's on top of the old op levels or two on top of the new max level---since there were 8 op levels, that would be equivalent to the 8 new regular levels.

as in is max op level now 2 or 10?

it's OP10 :11tea:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Has the new dlc caused issues with the cheatengine tables for drop rates or with the community patch? I've been working through a four man run of 2 and it's be a shame if wrangling them to install the patch was worthless now.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well these bullet sponge plant bandits are incredibly unfun to fight.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

well i finished all the quests except for the raid boss, and on a scale of Hammerlock's to Tiny Tina's i rate it a solid Captain Scarlett's: 3 out of 4.

i don't like how it doesn't actually tell you what happens to the vault hunters despite what it says at the beginning, and i don't like how the VH has no new dialogue (at least krieg doesn't) but everything else is pretty good.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well these bullet sponge plant bandits are incredibly unfun to fight.

Did you use the green gear on a new level 30? I'm wondering if it would be better with blues and purples from a full playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I started the dlc with OP weapons and normal mode. Only starting but dont look like the best dlc... but is good to play Borderlands and having no idea what to expect.