Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
honestly foreign education and seeking US citizenship are kinda still chinese values, at least for the middle class

or is that the irony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

caberham posted:

but the father of fiber optics is a chinese Nobel prize winner who studied in Hong Kong, so I guess the internet is chinese now????

Chinese ethnicity has claim on a lot of good stuff but I guess that's what you get when your ethnicity claims about 1/5 of all human experience throughout world history

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
chinese invented toilet paper and for that, god bless 'em

rome had a communal vinegar soaked sponge on a stick, can you imagine it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Modest Mao posted:

honestly foreign education and seeking US citizenship are kinda still chinese values, at least for the middle class

for now

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Modest Mao posted:

chinese invented toilet paper and for that, god bless 'em

rome had a communal vinegar soaked sponge on a stick, can you imagine it

The sponge developped a sense of community

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
I prefer China stealing all the inventions from the Anglo countries.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Dong_Fang_Hong/status/1137602194683912192

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Baizuo is really used for the moderate left parties (which are more friendly to the Muslims immigrants and feminist value, Chinese largely don't care about stuff like abortion and gun right). I don't think the mainstream DEM is left/cool enough to be labelled "Baizuo".

tino has issued a correction as of 12:29 on Jun 10, 2019

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lol at these leftie chinaboos

E: actually I guess you'd use the term sinophile since it sounds better

Grapplejack has issued a correction as of 14:27 on Jun 10, 2019

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

caberham posted:

but the father of fiber optics is a chinese Nobel prize winner who studied in Hong Kong, so I guess the internet is chinese now????

didn't Al Gore invent the internet

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

liberals.jpg

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Yeah, even the US crashed and they'l just move on to European or Australian schools :v:

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
apparently there's a pig epidemic going on in china that's leading to a huge culling?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://www.ft.com/content/5595f17a-7c69-11e9-81d2-f785092ab560

quote:

More than 1m pigs have been culled across China since last August in an attempt to stop African swine fever from spreading further through the world’s largest producer and consumer of pork.

The outbreak is devastating for a domestic industry worth some $128bn, and impacts a staple of China’s diet. Before the recent culls, the country was home to 400m pigs and pork is the most popular meat: 30.6kg was consumed per person in 2018, almost three times the amount of poultry eaten.

The disease has now jumped to Vietnam, Hong Kong, Mongolia, Cambodia and North Korea, forcing countries to implement disinfection programmes and more stringent checks at borders in a bid to halt it. Experts at the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) worry it could spread still further to Myanmar, the Philippines and Laos, making this one of the worst animal disease outbreaks on record.

uh oh

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

this type of thing seems inevitable as climate change and temperature changes weaken animal immune systems, worsen their diet, and improve the chances for pests to spread disease.

also the poor pigs. :(

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:28 on Mar 23, 2021

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

sincx posted:

Yeah it's hilariously ironic that the father of modern China, as acknowledged by both the ROC and PRC, was educated in Japan and may or may not have had US citizenship.
while in Hawaii he attended the same high school as Obama

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

deckgibson posted:

while in Hawaii he attended the same high school as Obama

The CIA really knows how to play the long game, is what you're saying.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
carl no...

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1138400773845372932

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
thiccarl zha

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Cycling 3 hrs a day? WTF was he eating?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

tino posted:

Presumably a shitton of extremely delicious but also unhealthy food truck food.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
more than half his tweets since going to china have been food related

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

tino posted:

heavy cream, the haier special

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
It can also depend on exactly what you’re doing cycling, you can cycle slowly for 3 hours and it will be basically the most calorifically efficient mode of self-propelled transport possible (except for like recumbent cycling I think).

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the only person this will mean anything to is brutalistmcdonalds

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

R. Guyovich posted:

the only person this will mean anything to is brutalistmcdonalds

is that what i think...?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
měiguó = america

fănduì = against

america against america!

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/chinesebot2b/status/1138657889189388289?s=21

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

violent protests are good

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Do you have issues with good praxis?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

violent protests are good

meanwhile in America BLM blocks a highway and people have to go fetch the smelling salts. you can tell any movement is AstroTurf if liberals love them despite their propensity to throw poo poo at the cops

Xelkelvos posted:

Do you have issues with good praxis?

good praxis is wanting to be ruled by the British again

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Communists: The united will of the proletariat is not to be denied

Also communists: wait no not like that

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

meanwhile in America BLM blocks a highway and people have to go fetch the smelling salts. you can tell any movement is AstroTurf if liberals love them despite their propensity to throw poo poo at the cops

SA Posters: what is context I literally don’t understand how life works

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LimburgLimbo posted:

SA Posters: what is context I literally don’t understand how life works

white “leftists:” reactionary violence in service of western powers is actually...good!!

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

white “leftists:” reactionary violence in service of western powers is actually...good!!

Wow it’s pretty racist if you to suggest that only westerners have a right to self determination, fair trials, and due process

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

blm blocking a highway is also good

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i definitely dont entirely sympathize with these protests but if youre a leftist and youre balking because the protests became violent lol

tbf i dont think you even pretend to be a leftist and are just a weird nationalist

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

tbf i dont think you even pretend to be a leftist and are just a weird ethnonationalist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

LimburgLimbo posted:

Communists: The united will of the proletariat is not to be denied

Also communists: wait no not like that

A movement of compradors demanding the restoration of colonial rule isn't communist.