Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Squiggly posted:

Is there still a queue to run a game? I have a sudden urge to dive hard back into mafia

there hasn't been a queue in several years. if you want to run a game feel free to open one whenever, if you're looking for a game to play I don't believe there are any recruiting but generally new games are posted either in here or in the new game announcement thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
mr thingyman
mr humalong

too many misters; not enough sisters. one must go.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Bernstrike posted:

too many misters; not enough sisters.

hey look, i tried

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Do it, squiggs

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Snooze Cruise posted:

hey look, i tried

:golfclap:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Snooze Cruise posted:

hey look, i tried
:respek:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Thingyman game starts tonight. Who wants in instead of me?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

poor quidnose

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

merk posted:

Thingyman game starts tonight. Who wants in instead of me?

Would it be the worst or best if I volunteered?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Depends on if you plan to post fitty

Got em

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Anyway has there been an Avengers themed mafia before or a GoT? Thinking large person heavy power role mafia can I get enough people to sign up for madness?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Squiggly posted:

Depends on if you plan to post fitty

Got em

Rofl, pretty true.

I probably cant promise to post a lot so maybe it's a bad idea.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Here's an interesting take on a common scum tactic.

Scum should rarely bus the same scumbuddy. While it's a common tactic to pressure your fellow scum to build town cred, if scum is taken out and it is revealed that one of the already flipped scum was that players bus target, it opens up other scum players to scrutiny regarding their cases on the busses player.

As town, I have found that one of the easiest ways to catch scum is realizing that one of the already flipped scum was bussed heavily, and looking through players on the bussed players vote to find cases that look like they could be a potential bus brought on by hidden information.

This can be avoided by not bussing the same scumbuddy unless that buddy made an obvious flip that all town would catch onto.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Squiggly posted:

Anyway has there been an Avengers themed mafia before or a GoT? Thinking large person heavy power role mafia can I get enough people to sign up for madness?

I have no idea about flavor but how large are we talking? Right now there's some like roleplay thing going on that has sucked up a bunch of the usual suspects so right now most of the current mafia games are filled with new players, hardcore lurkers, and people returning after years away.

so if it's less than 20 yeah it would probably fill.

e: I am also still halfheartedly working on FFXIV mafia. give me a couple weeks and inspiration will probably strike and I'll post it.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I'm talking at least 24 preferably more so might need to wait

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I was only interested in playing when it was announced in April or whenever, I’m directing a musical in 3 weeks right now and definitely don’t have the time :v:

Good luck to whoever plays tho!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
What musical man

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Seussical!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

50 pounds of bread posted:

Here's an interesting take on a common scum tactic.

Scum should rarely bus the same scumbuddy. While it's a common tactic to pressure your fellow scum to build town cred, if scum is taken out and it is revealed that one of the already flipped scum was that players bus target, it opens up other scum players to scrutiny regarding their cases on the busses player.

As town, I have found that one of the easiest ways to catch scum is realizing that one of the already flipped scum was bussed heavily, and looking through players on the bussed players vote to find cases that look like they could be a potential bus brought on by hidden information.

This can be avoided by not bussing the same scumbuddy unless that buddy made an obvious flip that all town would catch onto.

I have no idea but this did remind me of the all-time GOAT tactic, “claim cop day one and that you investigated your scumbuddy and he’s scum in a game with no night 0”

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Quidthulhu posted:

Seussical!

Oh the thinks you can think!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Squiggly posted:

What musical man

It's the Music Man, not the Musical Man, Squiggly.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

CCKeane posted:

It's the Music Man, not the Musical Man, Squiggly.

Psh maybe if you're paying for the rights

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

I have no idea but this did remind me of the all-time GOAT tactic, “claim cop day one and that you investigated your scumbuddy and he’s scum in a game with no night 0”

The alasdair special. A true classic.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I'm waiting to launch a big game as well, Bifauxnen helped me look over my next Mega Man game and I'm hype to bring it to you

MrThingyman
Mar 8, 2014
We desperately need a sub for merk. He no-posted on his Day 1 in the Championship game.

Please contact Lissa on Discord if you can step in for him: Lissa#8083

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

MrThingyman posted:

We desperately need a sub for merk. He no-posted on his Day 1 in the Championship game.

How do you feel about me being a giant dick and probably getting lynched day 2

I'm in if that's acceptable but in reality someone else would be a better choice probs

I barely survive with people knowing my meta as is

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

No, merk is representing SA very accurately

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

How many pages is the game at this point

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Quidthulhu posted:

How many pages is the game at this point

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Merck’s just unused to the rules, as he’s Chinese

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Did you pick a random number or is there some significance to Melber, Kentucky? :confused:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MrThingyman posted:

Squiggly will be our champion, he's probably the best active player we have that isn't busy with something else and you're lucky to have him.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Squiggly will be our champion, he's probably the best active player we have that isn't busy with something else and you're lucky to have him.

who?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Yo

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I was before this threads time but mafia is like a bicycle right

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
If merk still needs replaced I'm in

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Thanks. I’m unavailable and could use a sub.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Squiggly posted:

If merk still needs replaced I'm in

Replacement spot already filled but hey look at my noble sacrifice and worship me peons

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Quidthulhu posted:

Did you pick a random number or is there some significance to Melber, Kentucky? :confused:

hey quid its really important that you tell me whether or not you're actually confused by 420 69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

hey quid its really important that you tell me whether or not you're actually confused by 420 69

think you mean 42,069 :banjo: