Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Madkal posted:

Wasn't the last time DC did a Millennium event it got spoiled terribly and they changed the villain at the last minute? Or was that another event?
Also talking about BMB I am really enjoying Young Justice but that's more to do with the artwork. Been ages since I read a comic where I just take in the panel and everything that is going on in the panel.

That's Zero Hour, I believe. When they started laying the groundwork for Monarch, everybody was all "Oh, that's clearly Captain Atom." DC did a hard swerve and made it Hawk (Hank Hall) instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nah, that was Armageddon 2001 with the Hawk/Captain Atom switchout. It was the first time I was severely disappointed in a comic as a youngster because I really enjoyed the story up until that reveal.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Millennium was, I believe the one where the Manhunters had infiltrated a bunch of different teams/power structure and went to war. Sort of DC's Secret Invasion but waaaaay before that.

E: checked wikipedia that's the right one. It also refers to the Manhunters as a 'robot cult' and I love that.

Dreqqus fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 10, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JorgeJimenezArt/status/1138051832289386496/photo/1
He doesn't mention it, but that's an uncoloured version of the big triumphant splash from the last JLA issue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I need an 8x11 print of that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Millennium tease from Bendis reveals that Andrea Sorrentino (Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow artist) is back at DC :toot:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BykzT24BFno

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

Millennium tease from Bendis reveals that Andrea Sorrentino (Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow artist) is back at DC :toot:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BykzT24BFno

I do love me some Sorrentino artwork!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's awesome news.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Clay_Mann_/status/1138574512067403776

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Is that the Phantasm from the The Mask of the Phantasm movie? Has she been in the comics before? Spoilers for a twenty five year old cartoon I guess.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh yay Tom King of all people gets to be the person to put Andrea Beaumont in the comics. Fucks sake.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Skwirl posted:

Is that the Phantasm from the The Mask of the Phantasm movie? Has she been in the comics before? Spoilers for a twenty five year old cartoon I guess.

Except for animated adaptations, she has not. Although you could argue that the Phantasm is more or less the Reaper from Year Two, kind of

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Skwirl posted:

Hell yeah! Catwoman vs Phantasm is something I never realized had been missing from my life for the past 20+ years, and now I don’t want to wait seven more months.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

X-O posted:

Oh yay Tom King of all people gets to be the person to put Andrea Beaumont in the comics. Fucks sake.

i swear to god

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I wonder just how badly she'll be written to make Catwoman look better like he did with Talia.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I guess I don't really get the point of bringing that character in other than "Look! Here's a thing you recognize from your childhood!"

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

if king just makes her into an angry ex-girlfriend then king should never be allowed to write batman ever again

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darth Nat posted:

I guess I don't really get the point of bringing that character in other than "Look! Here's a thing you recognize from your childhood!"

That's entirely the point.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Parallax posted:

if king just makes her into an angry ex-girlfriend then king should never be allowed to write batman ever again

King should never be allowed to write Batman regardless.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Thinking about the recent event that ended with the heroes using time travel and dead clones to save the villain and not his victims and covering it up.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The Bat
The Cat
The Phant

Gotham's Got a New Power Throuple

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Edge & Christian posted:

The Bat
The Cat
The Phant

Gotham's Got a New Power Throuple

Well I'm all for it.

Edit: Is imgur not working for anyone else lately? The last two times I've thrown something on there and then tried to link it here I've gotten nothing, just in the last week or so. Well anyway, it was Phat. From the X-Statix. It was Phat.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Your image doesn't have a file extension. When you upload to imgur you need to right click and copy the image location, make sure it has a jpg/png/gif extension on the end or the forums won't embed it.

Also in somber news, Wally West is getting his own series. Written by Scott Lodbell with art by Brett Booth. :negative:

Being a Wally fan is hard.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

hahaha just really digging the knife in deeper huh

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Archyduchess posted:

Well I'm all for it.

Edit: Is imgur not working for anyone else lately? The last two times I've thrown something on there and then tried to link it here I've gotten nothing, just in the last week or so. Well anyway, it was Phat. From the X-Statix. It was Phat.

It worked earlier

Anyways don't use the link in the address bar, right click on the image itself and copy image location

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Justice Society is back this fall

https://www.newsarama.com/45563-justice-society-of-america-returns-to-dcu-this-fall.html?utm_source=notification

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

edit: Best news up top:
Dial H and Wonder Twins are now 12 issue comics :toot:
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2019/06/surprise-dc-comics-dial-h-for-hero-wonder-twins-bo.html
Read Dial H, y'all.

edit 2: Another one.
Jason Latour (Southern Bastards) is writing for DC for the first time (?) on a YOTV Lex one-shot.
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/latour-hitch-lex-luthor-year-of-the-villain/

X-O posted:

Also in somber news, Wally West is getting his own series. Written by Scott Lodbell with art by Brett Booth. :negative:

If all you experience from the mini is looking at Doc Shaner covers, then it's pretty swell:)

The guy in the back is the big multiverse guardian dude from Sideways.

Looks like it's just a time travel cameo in an issue of JL for now, and a full return and series is still a ways off.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 12, 2019

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit: Best news up top:
Dial H and Wonder Twins are now 12 issue comics :toot:
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2019/06/surprise-dc-comics-dial-h-for-hero-wonder-twins-bo.html
Read Dial H, y'all.

If all you experience from the mini is looking at Doc Shaner covers, then it's pretty swell:)

The guy in the back is the big multiverse guardian dude from Sideways.

Looks like it's just a time travel cameo in an issue of JL for now, and a full return and series is still a ways off.

Lobdell/Booth? They have to know this is trolling, right?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

Hahaha, what the gently caress?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Oh yes. Legion has to be around the corner too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't want Jason Latour writing poo poo for DC I want him drawing Southern Bastards goddammit! (I assume it's still hypothetically ongoing. I haven't seen him or Aaron say otherwise.)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Another in this pre-solicit dump: Steve Orlando's doing a Frankenstein fronted monster comic
https://twitter.com/HorrorDNA/status/1138886071205449728
Frank, Killer Croc, Lady Clayface, Orca and dude from I Vampire.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Finally, some good loving food

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

Another in this pre-solicit dump: Steve Orlando's doing a Frankenstein fronted monster comic
https://twitter.com/HorrorDNA/status/1138886071205449728
Frank, Killer Croc, Lady Clayface, Orca and dude from I Vampire.

I thought Orca was dead. I also thought no-one gave a poo poo about Orca so I guess it doesn't matter if she is dead or not.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

I thought Orca was dead. I also thought no-one gave a poo poo about Orca so I guess it doesn't matter if she is dead or not.

Nah she showed up in Nightwing a while back. Now giving a poo poo however...

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Orca definitely died in Face the Face, and stayed dead.

However, when Doctor Manhattan stole love or whatever and altered the DC Universe, he apparently brought her back to life to appear in Nightwing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
A flaccid blue penis slapping the walls of reality to retcon the DC Universe.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Orca just comes across as the kind of z-list character that would be killed every few years when a new baddie shows up in Gotham. It should turn into a running gag honestly.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I haven't actually read any Orca stories, but seeing her in the early 2000s Batman covers really stuck that weirdo in my memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i thought orca was having a baby with croc