Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

That's the problem I always get an absolute shitload of pops and I don't really run low on resources in a meaningful way but I have to keep on resettling my dudes around or building habitats/jars to keep the extra pops so that I don't have a bunch of useless unemployed nerds eating all the TVs or whatever.

Maybe I just need to lean on auto-management more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

My dude, Declare Population Controls.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

PittTheElder posted:

I need the influence for the next system!

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Preston Waters posted:

Does leader experience / level matter at all with regard to when to start excavating sites?

Like, can you actually fail a relic, or does it just take way longer if you try with some Level 1 chick?

Can someone help me out with a quick yes or no?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Preston Waters posted:

Can someone help me out with a quick yes or no?

The only failures I've seen so far just apply a -clues penalty or kill my scientist. I have yet to actually fail the mission that I know of.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

PittTheElder posted:

But then they'll be unhappy :(

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

jokes posted:

I think I want... less planets. It's a lot of briefcase whack a mole, and I think I'd like it everything was just... less. If I play with less planets would I be hosed by the crises?

I've played on lowest planet setting (I think 0.5?) and even with 1.25 tech/tradition cost and default midgame, 25 year earlier endgame crises, I'm generally at "snowballing" state by the time the crisis shows up. However, I usually can't just jump in and wipe them out (unless they pop in to one of my systems near a chokepoint), I've got to wait for the Guardian Fallen Empires to show up and follow them for a bit, keeping the crisis from growing too fast. If they were far away enough I couldn't stick a checkpoint and bottle them in, they'll usually get to ~25% of the galaxy before I'm able to start slowly grinding them down.

It does tend to make the Khan show up when I'm just hitting T2 weapons, which means creative farming of Khan fleets means lots of tech gains. It also means the Khan is actually really dangerous.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

HelloSailorSign posted:

I've played on lowest planet setting (I think 0.5?) and even with 1.25 tech/tradition cost and default midgame, 25 year earlier endgame crises, I'm generally at "snowballing" state by the time the crisis shows up. However, I usually can't just jump in and wipe them out (unless they pop in to one of my systems near a chokepoint), I've got to wait for the Guardian Fallen Empires to show up and follow them for a bit, keeping the crisis from growing too fast. If they were far away enough I couldn't stick a checkpoint and bottle them in, they'll usually get to ~25% of the galaxy before I'm able to start slowly grinding them down.

It does tend to make the Khan show up when I'm just hitting T2 weapons, which means creative farming of Khan fleets means lots of tech gains. It also means the Khan is actually really dangerous.

I set the midgame very early and the Khan shows up usually when I have like 10k fleet power to his/her easy 30-60k.

I uhhh, still usually either totally ignore it if they're far away or immediately surrender and totally ignore it if they're right by me and wait for them to die eventually.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

jokes posted:

But then they'll be unhappy :(

Not if you do it per planet, just costs 25 influence per. There's a stability penalty, but it's tiny so whatever.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

ulmont posted:

Pops that are being assimilated don’t work. Since only 1-4 pops of a species can be assimilated each year, the results are predictable if you have say 100 pops of the species you switch to assimilation.

If they're a fresh conquest I don't see why it'd hurt quite as much as it does!

Also in other bug news - my fed fleet now has 500 corvettes. And nothing else.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
post-apocalyptic + that relic 6-tomb world cluster within 2 jumps of starting = lol this is easily the best start i've ever had

e:

20 years in, 1x habitable worlds:

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 11, 2019

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

post-apocalyptic + that relic 6-tomb world cluster within 2 jumps of starting = lol this is easily the best start i've ever had

e:

20 years in, 1x habitable worlds:

try and get the horizon signal and move your capital to a habitat in a system with a shitload of barren planets

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

I'm definitely getting some pretty big performance issues, although my CPU is about two or three years old now, and the GPU is about 4. Playing on a large Galaxy with about 10 empires. Year 2400.

also this is the first DLC I've picked up on day one and I love it, great work team.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Splicer posted:

It's a bit messy.

Let's say every system has three connections. If you have a reach of one then you check each of those 3 and you're done.

If you have a reach of two then, assuming a very naive implementation, you check each of those three, then each of the three they connect to. 12 total checks.

Reach of three, 39 checks per station.

Station with six weapon or trade modules, 1,092 total checks per station.

Now there's some obvious tricks to reduce these checks by avoiding duplicates. Not performing checks on the direction you "entered" drops you down to 186 checks in our above scenario. Presumably they already had some in. But yeah as your stations get bigger and more numerous with more modules, if they're getting checked every tick that's a lot of extra overhead being slowly added as the have goes on.

Now put a gateway in range of one of them and suddenly every single gateway is effectively a new station. Repeat for every station touching every gateway. So a gradual slow down as the galaxy increases the number and reach of stations, followed by an acceleration as empires start bringing gateways online, with a massive bump when your personal gateways come online.

Gonna have to tone down on the gateways then. Hopefully that'll help give me a boost. At the moment I can only handle a small galaxy, which I'm fine with but hopefully doing something with the gateways will help my games last a little longer and not slow to a crawl.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Staltran posted:

Are you trying to set their species rights from the species screen? Pretty sure you're supposed to set the AI rights policy to citizen rights.

I know, that was the first thing I did back when my synths were still basic robots. AI gets citizen rights, they're all still enslaved. Attempting to give robots, droids or synths full citizenship from the species menu causes them to become undesirables and then get purged. I am playing as a regular militarist/fanatic materialist empire, and my disgusting bugmen need their robot buddies to be free.

Guess I'll just play as a hive mind for a while.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

I completely occupied an NPC empire in an ideology war, but when a status quo peace happens their occupied capital gets released instead of turning into part of the new ideologically friendly empire like the rest of their space. Is it because they're in a federation? Is there any way to deal with this short of conquering the whole federation?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

HelloSailorSign posted:

I usually run ultra low habitable planets but keep plenty of primitives around. Makes for interesting games as civs either enslave/uplift/assimilate/whatever.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Complications posted:

That's not how resettlement works. The resettlement policy has no impact on migration for a species which is when they grow themselves on other planets, it just allows you the player to move pops around for a cost. Migration controls being off lets species move around by themselves, and migration controls default to off. Just make sure that your robot pops in the species tab have their migration controls enabled and they'll stay where they're supposed to.
One of us is confused.

I'm egalitarian and have resettlement off. I was still allowed resettle robots and droids because they're not people, they're farm equipment. I'm holding off on researching synths because I've better things to research right now. I set the AI policy to Citizen Rights to keep my sapient combat ships happy.

So my problem is that the AI citizen rights are being applied to non-sapient droids on some manner and now I can't resettle them. This is either a bug or a really silly design decision.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Splicer posted:

One of us is confused.

I'm egalitarian and have resettlement off. I was still allowed resettle robots and droids because they're not people, they're farm equipment. I'm holding off on researching synths because I've better things to research right now. I set the AI policy to Citizen Rights to keep my sapient combat ships happy.

So my problem is that the AI citizen rights are being applied to non-sapient droids on some manner and now I can't resettle them. This is either a bug or a really silly design decision.
I can see where we've misunderstood each other. The robots end up sapient flagged if you've researched Positronic AI Technology and the AI rebellion event starts. Long story short - your robots developed sapience on their own.

The wiki I linked posted:

The AI Rebellion is a Mid-Game event that can happen to empires enslaving Artificial Intelligence. It can occur at any point after the Mid-Game year to any empire as long as it has researched the Tech Positronic AI technology, has the Artificial Intelligence Policy set to Servitude and does not have The Flesh is Weak Ascension Perk.

The AI Rebellion starts with various Warning Signs and if not suppressed it can lead to a Machine Uprising. Should that happen, the player will have the option to switch to the Machine Uprising empire and fight against their previous empire.

The AI Rebellion can be ended at any point during the Warning Signs phase by changing the Artificial Intelligence Policy to Citizen Rights or taking The Flesh is Weak Ascension Perk.

Complications fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 11, 2019

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
how long is an empire supposed to be able to last at 100% war exhaustion? I swear these assholes have been at 100 for like a decade plus and it just won't end. I'm not in charge of the war so I can't do it myself.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Complications posted:

I can see where we've misunderstood each other. The robots end up sapient flagged if you've researched Positronic AI Technology and the AI rebellion event starts. Long story short - your robots developed sapience on their own.
That is very cool in concept and I was wondering if that's where that event was headed (it's why I turned on AI rights to start with). I'm not so hot on the implementation, I'd have been a hell of a lot less frustrated if me moving pops had triggered events rather than the button just not working.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

iirc, in-game the robot uprising applies to all robots, not just synths, implying that all robots in your empire possess whatever level of AI you've researched. So it followed that rights applying to AI should also apply to all robots, because I guess your sapient battleships wouldn't be satisfied with being citizens if they had to watch their brothers and sisters in menial labor suffering under the cruel mistreatment of their organic masters.

I think the idea is that you don't expect to be creating sentient robots, it just happens accidentally when you advance to far down the path of AI research and hit Positronic AI. But once you've acknowledged it, of course granting citizenship to AI means that you're granting citizenship to all AI. Presumably you could enslave or revoke citizenship from individual species of robot if you so wished, and if your ethics permitted it, but once your people have recognized that even the lowliest robot with a positronic AI has some degree of sentience there's just no putting that genie back in the bottle

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jun 11, 2019

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

uber_stoat posted:

how long is an empire supposed to be able to last at 100% war exhaustion? I swear these assholes have been at 100 for like a decade plus and it just won't end. I'm not in charge of the war so I can't do it myself.

Indefinitely, it just means your side can force a white peace.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

QuarkJets posted:

iirc, in-game the robot uprising applies to all robots, not just synths, implying that all robots in your empire possess whatever level of AI you've researched. So it followed that rights applying to AI should also apply to all robots, because I guess your sapient battleships wouldn't be satisfied with being citizens if they had to watch their brothers and sisters in menial labor suffering under the cruel mistreatment of their organic masters.

I think the idea is that you don't expect to be creating sentient robots, it just happens accidentally when you advance to far down the path of AI research and hit Positronic AI. But once you've acknowledged it, of course granting citizenship to AI means that you're granting citizenship to all AI. Presumably you could enslave or revoke citizenship from individual species of robot if you so wished, and if your ethics permitted it, but once your people have recognized that even the lowliest robot with a positronic AI has some degree of sentience there's just no putting that genie back in the bottle

Are you saying Positronic AI makes all robots sapient? The tech description for synths says "With their upgraded neural processors they are fully capable of independent operations.", so it doesn't seem like that should be possible. Just because you can make positronic AIs doesn't mean you can run them on any hardware. And if Positronic AI already makes them sapient, what does Synthetics do? Why do the apparently sapient droids not require consumer goods, and only require 0.5 housing? Why can't they do research or ruler jobs? Tbh nothing related to synths/AI really makes thematic sense in Stellaris.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Staltran posted:

Are you saying Positronic AI makes all robots sapient?

No. I'm saying:

QuarkJets posted:

... all robots in your empire possess whatever level of AI you've researched
... even the lowliest robot with a positronic AI has some degree of sentience

Positronic AI leads to a full-blown machine uprising even if you don't ever research synths. This implies that the robots are more than mere farm equipment, even if they're not sapient

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
I like to think what is ostensibly just a weird game feature interaction thingy is in fact newly created AI lobbying for rights for their non-sapient brethren, just like animal rights activists. Their logo is a robot panda.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

QuarkJets posted:

No. I'm saying:

Positronic AI leads to a full-blown machine uprising even if you don't ever research synths. This implies that the robots are more than mere farm equipment, even if they're not sapient

I don't see how. The actual AIs (research, station control, etc) are still sapient, after all. There's no reason they couldn't control the droids. In fact machine uprisings make more sense if you don't have synths, since they're gestalts, which seems really weird if you have hundreds of synth pops giving up their sapience. The resettlement thing seems like just a bug to me (forgetting to check if you have synths would explain it).

(Not sure what you mean by "some degree of sentience" though, I'd assume even just Robot tech robots would have that without any AI techs.)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

QuarkJets posted:

No. I'm saying:

AI "infecting" your robots is indeed cool and awesome but there's no feedback that this has happened. I have a few cloud based AIs acting funny that cleared up once I remembered to give them personhood, and I'm more than happy to throw the explicitly sapient warships in there too, but as far as I and my empire and the in game text are concerned farm equipment is still farm equipment and lacks the ability to consider itself otherwise. I can't move my farm equipment around not because my farm equipment objects or because my empire believes them to be sapient beings but because of sloppy legislation.

I'm away from my PC so I don't know if I have an option to go into citizen rights and say "no not you guys, you get in the box" and if that will lead to additional shenanigans. If I do and if it does then I will be more than mollified. Otherwise it's still unintuitive behavior.

E: and this isn't just an immersion issue, I do know that I explicitly don't have an option to turn on migration for my droids, so now they're all stuck where they are.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jun 11, 2019

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Taear posted:

No. There isn't. That was the entire point of my post. C'mon.
I have "Create Penal Colony", "Declare Martial Law", "Distribute Luxury Goods", "End Growth Discouragement" [for bio pops], "Send Artifacts to a Museum Exhibit" and finally Arcology project.

That's the case on every world.

And there isn't a factory, because it's ascended Synths and not regular robots.

I did also discover that if you disable a factory (or anything) it's that TILE which is disabled so if the factory is reshuffled whatever new thing is in that tile is shut off instead.

Do you have population controls enabled as a species right?

Splicer posted:

I'm aware that's the issue, I'm objecting to it applying to non-sapient AI. I haven't researched synths and don't intend to, but in trying to make sure my sapient ships get VA benefits I've also granted Alexa squatter's rights

So as it turns out, the can resettle rule just checks for: Is it a robot? Does the Owner have full AI rights? I'll set it to also check for the Synth tech or if you tell robits they have souls in the AI uprising.

Preston Waters posted:

Does leader experience / level matter at all with regard to when to start excavating sites?

Like, can you actually fail a relic, or does it just take way longer if you try with some Level 1 chick?

Leader levels act as +1 on your rolls. Difficultly levels act as -1. You can't fail sites, it just takes longer.

Grapplejack posted:

The fleet manager in this is a loving nightmare, why doesn't it autodelete empty fleets?! I'm going to put the stellaris UI designer through a table

Joke's on you, we don't have a UI designer! Or at least we didn't, got one towards the end of Megacorps.

Ice Fist posted:

Update:

So if you plan on doing automated sectors make sure not to also make the planet automated in the planet interface. Because the interaction is apparently not good if there even is any. My guess is manually automating the planet overrides the sector focus. Here is a planet in the same sector that I had not set the planet itself to automated.

Looks pretty good for a research sector planet.

Yeah, Planet level automation overwrites Sector level automation, so don't enable both unless you want some planets in a sector not to follow the general plan.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Darkrenown posted:

So as it turns out, the can resettle rule just checks for: Is it a robot? Does the Owner have full AI rights? I'll set it to also check for the Synth tech or if you tell robits they have souls in the AI uprising.
This is perfect I love it.

e: I'd still love if it was possible to have a mixed synth/robot society.

e2: and sorry for the initial hostile phrasing I was in a bad mood

Splicer fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jun 11, 2019

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Staltran posted:

I don't see how. The actual AIs (research, station control, etc) are still sapient, after all. There's no reason they couldn't control the droids. In fact machine uprisings make more sense if you don't have synths, since they're gestalts, which seems really weird if you have hundreds of synth pops giving up their sapience. The resettlement thing seems like just a bug to me (forgetting to check if you have synths would explain it).

(Not sure what you mean by "some degree of sentience" though, I'd assume even just Robot tech robots would have that without any AI techs.)

The events before the machine uprising explicitly include manual labor models.

This theme in scifi commonly involves discussing how blurry the line is between sentience and non-sentience, and how it's maybe not just a switch that deliberately gets flipped one day. Guys like Asimov often weren't writing about synths, they were writing about simpler robots that gained something that was often poorly-understood and difficult to distinguish from sentience but that was also probably not sentience. Its a cool and alluring concept to think about

Splicer posted:

AI "infecting" your robots is indeed cool and awesome but there's no feedback that this has happened. I have a few cloud based AIs acting funny that cleared up once I remembered to give them personhood, and I'm more than happy to throw the explicitly sapient warships in there too, but as far as I and my empire and the in game text are concerned farm equipment is still farm equipment and lacks the ability to consider itself otherwise. I can't move my farm equipment around not because my farm equipment objects or because my empire believes them to be sapient beings but because of sloppy legislation.

I'm away from my PC so I don't know if I have an option to go into citizen rights and say "no not you guys, you get in the box" and if that will lead to additional shenanigans. If I do and if it does then I will be more than mollified. Otherwise it's still unintuitive behavior.

E: and this isn't just an immersion issue, I do know that I explicitly don't have an option to turn on migration for my droids, so now they're all stuck where they are.

I don't think of it as an infection, just the natural march of progress (which I guess is disease-like in a lot of ways). You're going to buy a robot that harvests fruit; do you pick the model that only knows how to pick blueberries and squishes 5% of them, or do you pick the model that's able to pick any kind of fruit and is able to identify optimal soil modifications to improve harvest yields? Incremental improvements in intelligence give way to something that isn't quite sentient but isn't quite insentient, either

In-game you're incentivized to follow the events that preclude the machine uprising, because they give you nice bonuses. They foreshadow what's to come, but that should be alluring enough to follow along when you're not totally sure what's going to happen; maybe something good will happen if you're just nice to the robots in events.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Darkrenown posted:

Do you have population controls enabled as a species right?

As far as I can see my robot rights and people-rights are the same.

QuarkJets posted:

In-game you're incentivized to follow the events that preclude the machine uprising, because they give you nice bonuses. They foreshadow what's to come, but that should be alluring enough to follow along when you're not totally sure what's going to happen; maybe something good will happen if you're just nice to the robots in events.

I guess for me I see the AI uprising more as an event for the real AI in the game rather than for a player.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

I guess for me I see the AI uprising more as an event for the real AI in the game rather than for a player.

I initially read this as the Stellaris AI being the instigator of a planetwide machine rebellion against humanity.

Brb, just disabling purges.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Aethernet posted:

I initially read this as the Stellaris AI being the instigator of a planetwide machine rebellion against humanity.

Brb, just disabling purges.

The machine uprising is always an exterminator right, there's not a chance of it being a mandatory pampering type doing it for our own good? That would be great to see (hint hint Darkrenown).

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Ran into the "locked world" bug in my Rogue Servitor game now. Was in a war against a huge fanatic purifier empire and sniped a world from them but had to fall back and rebuild my fleets, so I moved all the pops off the world and now it's still my world but empty and unuseable by anyone, it was a size 25 world as well :v:

edit: But at least its former brutal inhabitants can no longer cause any harm or strife, it's for their own good after all :3:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Noir89 posted:

Ran into the "locked world" bug in my Rogue Servitor game now. Was in a war against a huge fanatic purifier empire and sniped a world from them but had to fall back and rebuild my fleets, so I moved all the pops off the world and now it's still my world but empty and unuseable by anyone, it was a size 25 world as well :v:

edit: But at least its former brutal inhabitants can no longer cause any harm or strife, it's for their own good after all :3:

Move a pop back on

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Move a pop back on

Thought that wasn't possible since there was no resettle button on the planet but that worked, thanks! :D

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Ah, dammit, they still haven't fixed the barren terraforming bug.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

QuarkJets posted:

This theme in scifi commonly involves discussing how blurry the line is between sentience and non-sentience, and how it's maybe not just a switch that deliberately gets flipped one day. Guys like Asimov often weren't writing about synths, they were writing about simpler robots that gained something that was often poorly-understood and difficult to distinguish from sentience but that was also probably not sentience. Its a cool and alluring concept to think about

I don't think of it as an infection, just the natural march of progress (which I guess is disease-like in a lot of ways). You're going to buy a robot that harvests fruit; do you pick the model that only knows how to pick blueberries and squishes 5% of them, or do you pick the model that's able to pick any kind of fruit and is able to identify optimal soil modifications to improve harvest yields? Incremental improvements in intelligence give way to something that isn't quite sentient but isn't quite insentient, either

Positronic AI does not improve robot function, just research speed. The Synth tech is what makes droids better, which doesn't even require positronic AI to be researched*. It'd be different if positronic AI came with a built in robot boost due to you upgrading all their brain hardware to this no-it'll-be-fine next gen tech, or if droids and synths had positronic AI and self evolving logic as prereqs, but they don't. Since positronic AI is the trigger for the AI rebellion*, if you're not putting positronic brains in your robots then it must be your positronic AIs poking your bots in some way, which would explain why it always results in a distributed consciousness AI empire rather than a bunch of angry synths.

I agree that the "maybe droids are more than droids" is a real cool thing, but mechanics as is that fiction does not match the mechanics of the Stellaris AI uprising. I'd love if there was a potential individualist AI uprising that spawned a synth empire though.

*I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

QuarkJets posted:

Yes, the events involve robots, but they might have just been reprogrammed by the sapient AIs. Which frankly seems like a much simpler explanation. (Also, it's simpler to have one set of events for all robots instead of having separate events for synths). If non-sapient robots are supposed to have an ambiguous pseudo-sapience, the game really doesn't do a good job of communicating that.

Also, Darkrenown already confirmed that it's a bug and it's getting fixed, so this is a pretty weird hill to die on.

Splicer posted:

Positronic AI does not improve robot function, just research speed. The Synth tech is what makes droids better, which doesn't even require positronic AI to be researched*.

*I think

It does actually, which makes sense since it's about giving robots better AI.