Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
There's a dog onstage with John Bernthal, promoting a very interesting Tom Clancy game with him in it.

Polygon is taking part in Union disputes and sat out this year, so they are streaming it on twitch. But they're playing the drinking game.

So basically they're doing a great job of ripping up the games live, and one of them started muttering, "please take a poo poo dog, please take a poo poo dog...."

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Unfortunately that game is Ghost Recon: Breakpoint. I really enjoyed wildlands and I as excited for this one but a little worried when the reveal trailer had a bunch of drones in it and no friendly AI but hey focusing on SERE could be neat! Then E3 gameplay videos showed off drone cars and the drones having enemy levels with health bars and it totally killed all interest I had.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

There's a dog onstage with John Bernthal, promoting a very interesting Tom Clancy game with him in it.

Polygon is taking part in Union disputes and sat out this year, so they are streaming it on twitch. But they're playing the drinking game.

So basically they're doing a great job of ripping up the games live, and one of them started muttering, "please take a poo poo dog, please take a poo poo dog...."

Wow people really are dragging their dogs everywhere these days

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cyks posted:

Unfortunately that game is Ghost Recon: Breakpoint. I really enjoyed wildlands and I as excited for this one but a little worried when the reveal trailer had a bunch of drones in it and no friendly AI but hey focusing on SERE could be neat! Then E3 gameplay videos showed off drone cars and the drones having enemy levels with health bars and it totally killed all interest I had.

Yeah plus can't imagine half the dipshits in the military taking the worst message with poo poo like "wish I could be the bad guys! They got the right idea."

When the fascist overtones if said bad guy are so overt, you're surprised he didn't end his speech with a blood and sand or something

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

nintendo e3 deal is tomorrow morning

im hoping for animal crossing soon

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Square press conference everyone going crazy for FFVII and I'm thinking, hey duffis, you can play it already

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

put ff14 on switch pls

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I really want watchdogs legion to be good but number 2 was so bad it's really hard to get excited.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

not caring here posted:

I really want watchdogs legion to be good but number 2 was so bad it's really hard to get excited.

Whoa that's a really spicy take. The gently caress?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I just realized that it's been a long while since I played a game before going to work, and then didn't want to go to work, because it meant 9 hours of not playing said game.

Outer Wilds really brought something back out in me.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 11, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just realized that it's been a long while since I played a game before going to work, and then didn't want to go to work, because it meant 9 hours of not playing said game.

Outer Wilds really brought something back out in me.

I skipped a neighbor's bbq to stay in and play it and I feel terrible

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
drat, this actually looks surprisingly good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3xSGv3Hfio

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

If any of you nerds have an Xbox, there's a really good deal on combining Xbox live with gamepass for like a buck right now.

I downloaded outer wilds earlier but it wasn't clicking, which is disappointing because I love Subnautica. I'm gonna give it another shot because it does look really cool.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Mustang posted:

drat, this actually looks surprisingly good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3xSGv3Hfio

What’s that fighting system? Please don’t say it’s like Nier Automata because that was boring as gently caress to me.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

This is true
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/celebrity/keanu-reeves-reveals-how-he-secretly-donates-to-charity/ar-BBR40q6

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jun 11, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Dude McAwesome posted:

What’s that fighting system? Please don’t say it’s like Nier Automata because that was boring as gently caress to me.

looks kinda like the one used in dissidia

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

looks kinda like the one used in dissidia

Is that game good and fun or no?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dude McAwesome posted:

Is that game good and fun or no?

The combat is fun

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

orange juche posted:

The combat is fun

That’s good enough for me!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Dude McAwesome posted:

Looks a bit like FF7: Crisis Core on the PSP which was a fantastic game

I remember reading they were going to chop the game up into different chapters on separate releases or idk. If that’s true I hope it’s not like eight hours of gameplay each year/$60

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jun 11, 2019

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1138231588712353792

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

which was a fantastic game

That’s reassuring.

I never played 7, but I got into 8 in a big way back in like 2000 (?) so I’ll happily play it on PS4 when it comes out

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

yes i do

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hard pass.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I mean, I want to watch the highlights reel and the memes afterwards for sure.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Dude McAwesome posted:

That’s reassuring.

I never played 7, but I got into 8 in a big way back in like 2000 (?) so I’ll happily play it on PS4 when it comes out

ya unfortunately it has some weird licensing issues I believe related to music that prevented it from being ported to the Vita or whatever else. It follows Zack and him helping cloud, which of course means nothing to you if you’ve never played FF7 but I digress. It’s definitely more of an action RPG except it also had some weird slot machine mechanic during combat. It’s been a while since I played it but it definitely looks similar to the remake

FF7 has definitely aged terribly, but was a revolutionary for the time. Not sure I’d be able to slog through it these days. Would play Crisis Core again for sure

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 11, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FF7 is fun to have a Disc 3 save on mobile for. Sometimes I hop in for a quick chocobo race or something to scratch that itch.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Nintendo is apparently making a Breath of the Wild sequel.

https://youtu.be/3fr1Z07AV00

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

thank god

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I kinda want a remake of Wild Arms. That was my first rpg love. Subsequent titles weren't as good, but the original was amazing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

wait wtf nintendo rereleased seiken densetsu 3

and ff adventure?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I wish I could erase BOTW from my memory and play it all over again

Really wasn’t a fan of the cooking and weapon durability though. I guess the former isn’t needed, but it’s such a waste of time.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Weapon dura is infuriating in that game.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Weapon durability was seriously the only thing I didn't like about it. At least the cooking stuff was mostly optional.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
That Banjo Kazooie announcement video was pretty good.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Naked Bear posted:

Weapon durability was seriously the only thing I didn't like about it. At least the cooking stuff was mostly optional.

I dunno, I thought it was a nice departure from the usual "get a widget, use it in the dungeon you found it in, don't look at it again until the final dungeon." The durability thing could be annoying occasionally (loving lyzels), but there was enough poo poo laying around that I personally didn't find it onerous.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Suntan Boy posted:

I dunno, I thought it was a nice departure from the usual "get a widget, use it in the dungeon you found it in, don't look at it again until the final dungeon." The durability thing could be annoying occasionally (loving lyzels), but there was enough poo poo laying around that I personally didn't find it onerous.

same, plus theres a ton of different weapons and types and poo poo, I had fun with all that

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waCr8pjROBc

surprised no one mentioned witcher 3 on switch

switcher 3

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hey if you never played trials of mana its probably one of the best SNES rpgs that never came to the US.

if you like secret of mana its a no-brainer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

I really hope they don't address the complaints about cooking by making it more important in the sequel. It was so tedious to do that I was happy I could just pump out 30 full-heart+ meals in a row and not have to worry about it for another few hours.