Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Do you start L30 with no quests completed, or can you just go run up and beat up The Warrior for loot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
As expected this DLC is utter garbage on UVHM, gently caress those shotgun plant bandits who take forever to kill.

Yeah, no, this content is pretty trash balance wise, even when I switched to Maya I was getting lit the gently caress up by everything in sight, this doesn't bode well for BL3.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 10, 2019

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

im not exactly sure what difficulty i was on (i assume UVHM, dunno if i was on an OP level or not) but i was loving everything up pretty handily as krieg

though to be fair my 5 year old krieg save file was pretty kitted out, most of my stuff is OP4

(got drat he is sexy)

found that pearlescent smg in this dlc, and a rainbow grenade, but that's it as far as legendaries go i think.

the Overcompensator you get from Vaughn's final quest is pretty great though

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Rinkles posted:

it's OP10 :11tea:

At least all the old OP gear is still usable? From what I'm reading on the Gearbox forums the implementation is kinda funky though. Also I suppose you'd have to refarm or Gibbed everything since the new theoretical maximum is 90.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I guess I should look at gibbed if I can't port over from PS4, are there any drawbacks, or can you just have whatever you want?

Are there any other recommended mods?

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Judge Tesla posted:

As expected this DLC is utter garbage on UVHM, gently caress those shotgun plant bandits who take forever to kill.

Yeah, no, this content is pretty trash balance wise, even when I switched to Maya I was getting lit the gently caress up by everything in sight, this doesn't bode well for BL3.

It's pretty easy with Salvador. I'm level 61 in UVHM and my usual fire shotgun and explosive shotgun combo melts everything in short order. I'm thinking this dlc is easier than others because the enemy density lines up well with my cool downs and I have yet to encounter any armored enemies.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

BizarroAzrael posted:

Did you use the green gear on a new level 30? I'm wondering if it would be better with blues and purples from a full playthrough.

This is what I did with a Siren and a partner playing Zero and we didn’t have issues.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

RVWinkle posted:

It's pretty easy with Salvador. I'm level 61 in UVHM and my usual fire shotgun and explosive shotgun combo melts everything in short order. I'm thinking this dlc is easier than others because the enemy density lines up well with my cool downs and I have yet to encounter any armored enemies.

Yeah, I went in with Gaige and those plant dudes wielding shotguns were messing me up, after I changed to Maya things went better, a couple of lucky legendery/rainbow drops made things go smoother at the end.

All in all, it's not a bad final sendoff to Borderlands 2 really, Colonel Hector wasn't just some one note bad guy as I assumed he'd be which was nice.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm not having too much trouble as Salvador although since my build is pretty cookie cutter DPS focused I'm crutching hard on Moxxi guns. Noticed the new plant enemies seem to have pretty aggressive HP regen even for UVHM.

Not terribly keen on refarming gear even though I noticed I got a couple Overpower level 1 drops even though I don't even have OP levels active (and just hated that whole system in general). Sal doesn't seem like a character that would benefit all that much from the extra 8 skill points.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Did anyone install the Ultra HD pack on PS4 pro? If so, how is the performance hit? I play on max FOV so I'm a bit worried it'll tank the framerate

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Greenplastic posted:

Did anyone install the Ultra HD pack on PS4 pro? If so, how is the performance hit? I play on max FOV so I'm a bit worried it'll tank the framerate

In my (non exhaustive) experience, virtually none.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

I started the DLC in UVHM as a level 68 siren with a legendary cat build and haven't found the enemies impossible. They are actually hitting the sweet spot between being made out of tissue paper and all mobs as minibosses status. I'm having fun!

I think they actually put a lot of care into this DLC. I haven't finished it yet, but the environments that I've been to are cool, the music is great, and the writing is as good as BL2 was capable of (actually, better, since they manage to include some dialogue for one-note characters that has emotional depth). The new gimmick is fun to pair with the new guns. It feels like a fully fleshed-out DLC, not just a weekend hackjob advertisement game.

I'm really enjoying it and I think it extremely rules that they put out substantial content for free. Other IPs would just have exposition about what happened between games during a training level or something.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Not to look a gift house in the mouth, but it does feel a little budget. The environments are more recycled than prior DLCs, and some of the enemies look and feel pretty poo poo. One thing in particular that stuck out, there didn't seem to be any differentiation between normal and badass seedlings besides their names (or it wasn't obvious enough). Which isn't to say a fair amount of work didn't go into it.

Still a really cool thing to give away, even if it is an extension of their marketing campaign for 3. Gearbox has been on a roll with sort of stuff lately (free texture pack, additional support and dlc for the VR version).

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

It's worth farming Uranus and Cassius as both of them drop legendary and rainbow weapons on every kill, I also like that every quest reward gun is a legendary one too.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Trying to figure out which will offer more enjoyment, bringing in the tricked out 72 from UVHM or just popping one of these new 30s, tricking it out with some gold keys and enjoying things on normal.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
So far I'm enjoying Hector as a bad guy. Granted, I'm only a few quests in, but this all seems pretty good for free DLC.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
borderlands three looks good

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Judge Tesla posted:

Lmao

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Good to know I was right in running it in TVHM with a level 63 Sal. Took me a single afternoon to beat it and I didn't even have to concern myself with picking up loot since it was all underleveled.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

These new pandoran railer snipers are a pain in the rear end.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Did a few runs of the repeatable bar quest in the Torgue DLC on my Psycho. Still a fun grind, but I don't recall the screen being completely warped and obfuscated like this. I'm running around 90% blind chasing the health bars and names which aren't effected by the blood spatters, fire everywhere, and walleye vision warping.

Also started a new sniper, killed Knuckledragger, got confused, quit out and a made a L30 sniper to see how that worked out. The skipping to the tie-in DLC seems sort of lame though, so it's in doubt I'll personally use it.

The real downside is that now I want to grind more badass points to see if you can ever get enough of those to make a difference.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Hector reminds me of General Knox but without the crippling depression

The Scooter questline was a beautiful sendoff for the character.

Still kind of hard to go back to this and not be able to buttstomp things.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
Holy poo poo, they finally grouped fast travel points by area on the map.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
I've never played the soldier in borderlands before but the mech in this one has won me over. I can't wait

The Ol Spicy Keychain fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 11, 2019

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
My friends have already claimed Amara and Moze so I'm hoping Flak is good.

Also, is no one going to mention Lilith saying she used to be a siren in the new trailer?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

DLC was decent. As a freebie it was great.

Uranus does seem to have insane drop rates. Got a pearl the second time I killed it.

Solumin posted:

My friends have already claimed Amara and Moze so I'm hoping Flak is good.

Also, is no one going to mention Lilith saying she used to be a siren in the new trailer?

It was clear in previous trailers that she lost her siren tatoos and powers. Probably the calypso twins' doing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The first trailer already showed hints that she got her power stolen and given to someone else. So it's old news to anyone who's been following this closely.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Guess I didn't notice her tattoos then.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rinkles posted:

These new pandoran railer snipers are a pain in the rear end.

The ones in Helios Fallen with the super accurate E-Tech Snipers are the worst, at least they have lower health than the other New Pandoran soldiers.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Almost done with the DLC, it's been pretty cool. I wish the new rainbow weapons didn't all have the exact same texture on them. I'm running through it as a low-anarchy elemental Gauge, and it hasn't been TOO bullshit but there have been some moments

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Clarste posted:

The first trailer already showed hints that she got her power stolen and given to someone else. So it's old news to anyone who's been following this closely.

A gameplay preview gas shown the sister saying how she's enjoying Lilith's Firehawk powers I think.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
This may be a dumb question but can I play BL2 split screen with my bro and with people online?

Edit: PS4

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

hey neat

https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1138521433406038016

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Oh cool, thought that dude was just a weird, funny YouTuber.

It's probably not LoaderBot is it?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Numlock posted:

This may be a dumb question but can I play BL2 split screen with my bro and with people online?

Edit: PS4

I'm pretty sure you can, but I haven't tried it myself

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah you can.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

I guess I'm playing Flak, then