Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Forget the Presi-King, give me his August Majesty, the great Joshua Abraham Norton the first, Emperor of America, Protector of Mexico, and Eternal Friend to the people of San Francisco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Robert Smalls as a Rider.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Give me Teddy Roosevelt you cowards

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dogsicle posted:

presidents suck, just give us calamity jane and john jacob jingleheimer schmidt

gently caress america!!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

actually give us a servant of ian mcshane from deadwood

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

W.T. Fits posted:

I still want Caster Samuel Clemens as a low rarity Quick-support Caster.

Fun fact: the man had a huge crush on Jeanne d'Arc.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Fun fact: the man had a huge crush on Jeanne d'Arc.

Yep, that's another reason I'd like to see him added.

Plus I'd want to see his reaction to learning that King Arthur was a woman.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think generally servants in the same universe aren't surprised at the genders of heroes. But when you put in servants from other universes and timelines, it's a surprise, I.E. Musashi.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

John Brown or gently caress off.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Some proper indigenous rep would be nice. Geronimo is nyeeeeeh.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rody One Half posted:

Ruler class Hiawatha. :getin:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Rody One Half posted:

I have no idea what the Fate universe requires for someone to be summoned as a servant but Id imagine Hiawatha, Tecumseh and Louis Riel would probably be the easiest ones to add from North America.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

Ruler class Hiawatha. :getin:

Nah, the Ruler of the trio would be the Great Peacemaker.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Nah, the Ruler of the trio would be the Great Peacemaker.

Yeah. Deganawida makes more sense.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Rody One Half posted:

Sitonai baby

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I'm surprised Kamehameha hasn't already been added.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Give Goku some time to get added

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Adding him to f/go would do more damage to japanese productivity than the entire dragon quest series

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Rody One Half posted:

What's wrong with Geronimo? He never fails to have great commentary.
It's just his gameplay that's tragically terrible.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

I still want Caster Samuel Clemens as a low rarity Quick-support Caster.

Is he related to simon belmont?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Kyte posted:

What's wrong with Geronimo? He never fails to have great commentary.
It's just his gameplay that's tragically terrible.

Geronimo spent his life fighting white Americans and spent his last years as a prisoner of war being literally paraded around the US as a loving carnival attraction specifically to humiliate native peoples and cow any inklings of rebellion, so him in the game deciding "yeah I guess that the colonizers aren't that bad" kind of, to say the least, pissed people off.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

Is he related to simon belmont?

Not that I'm aware of, no.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Someone updated Melty Blood - Back Alley Alliance Nightmare again and it continues to be completely incomprehensible.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Geronimo spent his life fighting white Americans and spent his last years as a prisoner of war being literally paraded around the US as a loving carnival attraction specifically to humiliate native peoples and cow any inklings of rebellion, so him in the game deciding "yeah I guess that the colonizers aren't that bad" kind of, to say the least, pissed people off.

That's not what he said at all, though.

He said that he wanted to keep human history the way it was supposed to be because he didn't want to dishonor the sacrifices of all the people who died fighting off the settlers. What happened, happened, and there was no changing history.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah and that's an insulting portrayal.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It's not chill

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Reminder that we have pretty boy Tesla and his death ray, and Charles Babbage as a loving steampunk giant mecha in FGO.

TM can come up with some crazy historical Servants when they feel like it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

Reminder that we have pretty boy Tesla and his death ray, and Charles Babbage as a loving steampunk giant mecha in FGO.

TM can come up with some crazy historical Servants when they feel like it.

Don't forget lion-headed, rainbow-winged superhero Presi-king Thomas Edison.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Geronimo is shown to be the only one with his head right in that chapter and then in later events you get to see him remember his family.

I wish he was a lot better mechanically.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Geronimo has some good stuff to say in Salem and something else I'm forgetting, he's probably the most woke FGO char all in all.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

Yeah and that's an insulting portrayal.

What would you prefer, trying to destroy the planet from beyond the grave? :confused:

You can hate the way you were treated by your enemies and wish you'd been able to beat them while also acknowledging that changing that isn't right.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I like Geronimo

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I'm watching the Kara no Kyoukai movies at the moment and Shiki's boyfriend is a very bland young man.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

What would you prefer, trying to destroy the planet from beyond the grave? :confused:

You can hate the way you were treated by your enemies and wish you'd been able to beat them while also acknowledging that changing that isn't right.

This is why time travel plots can be extremely bad, though, because the writer creates a scenario where people have to Respect The Timeline Because of Consequences, and that means saying "well i guess i have to support terrible things happening because they already happened!"

all of the setting work that led to Geronimo having to choose between the extinction of mankind and the genocide of his people was created by the writers, and putting that character in that situation was a choice, and it sucked rear end

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Making peace with your past is like one of the core themes of Fate.

It could've been the most horrible poo poo ever, but you can't change it; all you can do is accept it and move on.

Conspiratiorist fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jun 12, 2019

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

There's a huge gap between "making peace with the choices you made in your life, and the consequences from them" and "making peace with the people who hosed you over"

for instance, the conclusion of medea's arc isn't making peace with what jason did, it's getting a chance to experience a new loving relationship

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
What would you prefer then??

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Red Bones posted:

I'm watching the Kara no Kyoukai movies at the moment and Shiki's boyfriend is a very bland young man.

Yeah, that is his whole theme. That and "very good at finding things"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Red Bones posted:

Shiki's boyfriend is a very bland young man.
Maybe it would help if you try to see him as a creepy stalker who is also into man.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

YggdrasilTM posted:

I think there's bits of him that I do like, like his developing skills as a detective, and how good he is with people, and his role in Shiki's life. He just never seems to have a clear motivation in the OVAs which makes him feel very flat. We get told he's estranged from his parents after dropping out of university but not the reason why he did that, or why he chose to work for Shouko, or even what he likes about Shiki. Is he better in the novels?

It's fun to see these movies and see where things were developed into Tsukihime, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sorta? Like, Mikiya's whole deal is

YggdrasilTM posted:

... and that he kinda just marches to the beat of his own drum.