Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I just beat the main story of the new dlc and I think it was a pretty good end cap for Borderlands 2 after all these years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Judge Tesla posted:

It's worth farming Uranus and Cassius as both of them drop legendary and rainbow weapons on every kill, I also like that every quest reward gun is a legendary one too.

BL3 better keep with this new high drop mentality. BL2 was pretty bad with low rates and a dull grind. This felt fun and fresh by comparison.

Just let us loot all the guns. All the time. All the guns. Shloot them even.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Ultimate Mango posted:

BL3 better keep with this new high drop mentality. BL2 was pretty bad with low rates and a dull grind. This felt fun and fresh by comparison.

What I've seen so far makes it look generous. The Moze footage from the other day showed a big loot pile with some sort of pack in it, which opened to spew out another pile of loot. Didn't appear to be from anything more than a badass. And you won't be fighting over loot with other players.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Ultimate Mango posted:

If Randy et al. learned anything from seeing the clusterfuck of Anthem, hopefully it’s this.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Gearbox is full of Diablo fans too (including Randy who can't pronounce it right lol) so hopefully the generosity of D3 influenced them in the right direction.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Gearbox is full of Diablo fans too (including Randy who can't pronounce it right lol) so hopefully the generosity of D3 influenced them in the right direction.

Daigh-ab-lo?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Arist posted:

Is the new BL2 DLC at a specific level?

You can make a brand new level 30 character to start it.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Elephant Ambush posted:

Introducing the cash auction house, we don't charge you for items so it's not pay to win, it is completely player to player*

*with a small randy surcharge on top to facilitate the transaction

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Dab-yolo

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Day-o! Daaay-o! Mephisto come and me wan go home.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

am I remembering there being emotes this time around right? if there isn’t a dab I’m gonna pirate the game

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Anyone playing Borderlands 1 who hasn't done the King Tossing mission yet, cause an rear end in a top hat stole the shield that King Wee Wee drops before I could grab it

MaverickSWAT
Feb 17, 2011
Got to play as Moze today at E3. Her skill that lowers the amount of fuel used by Iron Bear seems really good. She's pretty fun to play as. The movement with the characters felt pretty fluid as well, it is really satisfying to run around the map at full speed headshotting dudes with a shotgun. Mantling was the only thing that stood out to me as needing some work, sometimes I needed to jump a second time for Moze to actually climb on top on something.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

MaverickSWAT posted:

Got to play as Moze today at E3. Her skill that lowers the amount of fuel used by Iron Bear seems really good. She's pretty fun to play as. The movement with the characters felt pretty fluid as well, it is really satisfying to run around the map at full speed headshotting dudes with a shotgun. Mantling was the only thing that stood out to me as needing some work, sometimes I needed to jump a second time for Moze to actually climb on top on something.

how was the ladder climbing?

MaverickSWAT
Feb 17, 2011

Rinkles posted:

how was the ladder climbing?

Wasn't any ladders in the demo level that I could see. Hopefully it's a lot better than 2.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Ultimate Mango posted:

You know what would make it even better? A lot more storage/backpack space.

It was the thing I hated about BL1 and 2 until I found out you could mod it out.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

space marine todd posted:

It was the thing I hated about BL1 and 2 until I found out you could mod it out.

iirc limited backpack/bank space was an intentional (idiotic) design choice, because they didn't want to make it a game about hoarding. nice thought, or it might be if finding a particular piece didn't potentially take days months of playtime.

replaying 2, i hate how crap most guns feel without Dahl stocks. please don't do this in 3.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 13, 2019

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Replaying 1, I forgot how good rifles can feel. I hope gearbox doesn't intentionally nerf them into the ground again.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

space marine todd posted:

Oh god yes. My kingdom for more inventory space for more guns I'll never use. My main Gaige has three Butchers, two Norfleets, and 3 e-tech plasma casters, and a Topnaea amongst other things. I have five goddamn shields in addition to my Bee.

I have problems.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I "solved" the inventory space problem with Gibbed's editor, but yeah, an actual ingame improvement would be nice.

Also please don't keep the 3rd/4th weapon slot locked until I'm halfway through the story the first time, that is just stupid.

MaverickSWAT
Feb 17, 2011

orcane posted:

I "solved" the inventory space problem with Gibbed's editor, but yeah, an actual ingame improvement would be nice.

Also please don't keep the 3rd/4th weapon slot locked until I'm halfway through the story the first time, that is just stupid.

I'm the demo, you could only switch between two weapons without going into your inventory. The other weapon slots were locked. Game started you out at level 6. I think the safe guess would be that you'll unlock the other slots as the game progresses like the first two games.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Bleh :(

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

drrockso20 posted:

Anyone playing Borderlands 1 who hasn't done the King Tossing mission yet, cause an rear end in a top hat stole the shield that King Wee Wee drops before I could grab it

He respawns in the enhanced edition

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'm glad to read the increased drop chances were an intentional design choice and not me having my luckiest afternoon playing a Borderlands game in the entire history of the series. I started a boosted Axton since I'm on a new system from 7 years ago and between going through the story through Cassius, hitting Uranus a second time, the echo quest and some legendary drops from basic mooks I looted a Sledge's Shotgun, Rolling Thunder, TWO Lyuda's, a Madhouse, Hector's Dahl pistol, and an Effervescent Cleaner Tediore SMG that refills SMG ammo and acts like a bouncing betty when thrown. The rainbow gun came from a basic medic of all things.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I was really enjoying Zero on pc—i can actually consistently crit with a mouse—until I hit TVHM and became extra squishy. Any tips for survival, or is Zero the kind of character that only comes together when you get specific gear?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Sniper Zer0 involves: Managing your aggro and using a pimpernel, maybe a conference call or sandhawk for random guys. It's not for the faint of heart, you need to consistently down enemies quickly or you get overwhelmed and go into FFYL.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
‪LMFAO (again) at Randy Pitchford being a violent, spastic pedophile and habitual con artist that hosts pizzagate sex shows in his mansion, and at how every single game publisher and console distributor and digital store is too afraid to admit as much or confront him at all because Borderlands makes too much money to potentially lose.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

‪LMFAO (again) at Randy Pitchford being a violent, spastic pedophile and habitual con artist that hosts pizzagate sex shows in his mansion, and at how every single game publisher and console distributor and digital store is too afraid to admit as much or confront him at all because Borderlands makes too much money to potentially lose.

unfortunately that isn't the case. the thing protecting pitchford is he is the goddamn ceo.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Risky Bisquick posted:

Sniper Zer0 involves: Managing your aggro and using a pimpernel, maybe a conference call or sandhawk for random guys. It's not for the faint of heart, you need to consistently down enemies quickly or you get overwhelmed and go into FFYL.

Yeah and it feels fantastic when everything's going according to plan, but that's getting harder as I level. I have barely any red text gear, though.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

watho posted:

He respawns in the enhanced edition

Yeah I found that out, the one he dropped when I fought him solo was worse than the stolen one though(green vs a purple), so I might need to gather some people so I can get a better quality version later

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I'm glad to read the increased drop chances were an intentional design choice and not me having my luckiest afternoon playing a Borderlands game in the entire history of the series. I started a boosted Axton since I'm on a new system from 7 years ago and between going through the story through Cassius, hitting Uranus a second time, the echo quest and some legendary drops from basic mooks I looted a Sledge's Shotgun, Rolling Thunder, TWO Lyuda's, a Madhouse, Hector's Dahl pistol, and an Effervescent Cleaner Tediore SMG that refills SMG ammo and acts like a bouncing betty when thrown. The rainbow gun came from a basic medic of all things.

I think they boosted loot drops for 1's remaster as well, definitely feels like I'm getting more loot than when I played the original on the Xbox 360 years ago

MaverickSWAT
Feb 17, 2011
One more thing I forgot to mention. In the demo when I first went to the skill tree menu, it showed that you unlock your action skills and start earning skill points at level 2.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

AkumaHokoru posted:

unfortunately that isn't the case. the thing protecting pitchford is he is the goddamn ceo.

That wouldn't matter much if he also wasn't the owner.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

MaverickSWAT posted:

One more thing I forgot to mention. In the demo when I first went to the skill tree menu, it showed that you unlock your action skills and start earning skill points at level 2.

Thank God.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Cynic Jester posted:

That wouldn't matter much if he also wasn't the owner.

I mean, all the people the original guy mentioned weren't a part of gearbox, just people who work with them to publish the game on their platforms.

In other words, they don't give a poo poo about gearbox's problems beyond how much of the money they want up front.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
After not liking the insta-30 character creator I dusted off my L48 Assassin and have been having a rough time after trying, and failing, to reskill him as a Sniper/B0re build. Needed to re-respec back to a stealth/melee crit build.

I can't recall how I got him to that level, but all of the gear is 40-44 or so and nothing on TVHM is dropping higher than 44 or is any good. Just did the Bloodwing/Claptrap quest, which wasn't so bad after I reverted my build. Still weird having the levels but not the gear to make short work of stuff.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mind posting what skills you're focused on?

I'm a few levels lower and really struggling as a sniper.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
So Zer0 is the one character of the original 4 I have spent zer0 ( pun intended ) time with until the Commander Lilith DLC, so I went and created a Level 30 newbie and went with this spec https://bl2skills.com/assassin.html#500541500050000000000000000000

Absolutely shreds with Jakobs and Torgue shotguns, I have an incendiary and corrosive sniper for long range crit shots and I was using a Quasar legendary Electric grenade as I had two drop from bosses in the DLC.

I haven't taken him to TVHM yet, but long term I'll go nuts on the cunning tree, and maybe grab Grim and F0ll0wth0ugh from the Bloodshed tree.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jun 14, 2019

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I was trying something very similar on my guy, but without the gear to make it work.

Now I have the Bloodshed tree entirely filled out with one point in Cunning (1 C0unter Strike). Dash-striking from behind from stealth does a bunch of damage, but I'll have to loot hunt for sniping at a later date.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Played through the new DLC, and the changes they made concerning animations and the cut-ins (especially the cut-ins) fills me with a bit more hope towards BL3. I know they wouldnt/couldnt make huge sweeping gameplay changes but what is here feels like a good mod of a middling game.

Then again the quest design does the opposite of filling me with hope for BL3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I think my main issue with the new DLC is that the Backburner is too goddamn big for a hub map.