Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
checkbox
checkbox
checkbox
View Results

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah that part was dumb. Sal why did you do that

I baited hard with my absolutely 100% confirmed town and waited for a dumb scum to think they could try and lynch me still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I would still vote Hal after that

Hal or Sal

There can be only one

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
But also AA and jedit slightly below those 2

And then TM somewhere after that

That's my scum ordering right now

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think sal looks curious coming at squiggles after bees flip

I'm sorry where did I do that?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Okay so I have a crazy theory. B minus either just missed the deadline, and arrived to send a kill slightly after

OR

He was around and couldn't plurality lynch or tie anyone because TM and AA are scum

It's between that and a Hal Sal scum team I think for me

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Squiggly posted:

But also AA and jedit slightly below those 2

And then TM somewhere after that

That's my scum ordering right now

Why me ahead of TM? Even if you don't believe I took my vote off you to give scum room to wiggle, taking my vote off you is probably the only reason you're alive.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I don't think that's the craziest theory ever because Bee is pretty active in most games.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

I agree but I'm pretty sure you're scum too

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, but for any specific reason?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jedit posted:

Why me ahead of TM? Even if you don't believe I took my vote off you to give scum room to wiggle, taking my vote off you is probably the only reason you're alive.

IS unvoted me before you did and I think you saw the bandwagon losing traction

You then laid down no vote before going to bed an hour before deadline. Despite linking many people together, which means you need to see one flip for any conclusions to be valid. Your posts hold no weight until someone flips so it looks like you're stalling the flip

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, but for any specific reason?

The reasons I've posted all game. I can't think of a meaningful post you've made

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Also AA Bminus could've joined IS and my vote and you'd have been lynched assuming he was around near deadline. The kill came shortly after deadline so why not take the opportunity to plurality kill you if you're town?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think that's a bit biased on your part because most of my conviction fell on you for a period of time.

I don't think you are scum given your push on bee, but I do think it's dangerous to go clearing anyone else.

I just haven't spent as much time in this game with my play elsewhere, but I think your suspicion on me is flimsy. Consider me biased as well lol

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

wow way to misattribute the push

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Ixtlilton posted:

wow way to misattribute the push

It's dangerous to call you town

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Now I'm imagining myself as an old timey sheriff who doesn't take kindly to being called town

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Squiggly posted:

IS unvoted me before you did and I think you saw the bandwagon losing traction

You then laid down no vote before going to bed an hour before deadline. Despite linking many people together, which means you need to see one flip for any conclusions to be valid. Your posts hold no weight until someone flips so it looks like you're stalling the flip

You were still vote leader after IS unvoted and it didn't look like changing before lynch chaos, if LC actually happened.

Also after I unvoted only three votes were cast and all on different people, so barring any changes my unvote actually put two more people into contention for flipping. Not a very good job of stalling; in fact, I couldn't vote for anyone else afterwards because if I did I made it possible for a four-way kill that ended the game through chance. But what it did do, and what it was intended to do, was make people move. Where and how was going to provide information - and it did. Ix had no obligation to vote for Bee and is now 99% confirmed Town.

I'll put something else out there as well. Ix is Town, Sober is flipped, but your vote on Bee was a self-save and thus has no bearing on your alignment. I'm still leaning Town, but you should not be claiming reflected cred from the others.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
It was not a self save. IS voted AA, my vote target. Could've no lynched or insisted ix vote AA if I hadn't thought B was scummy on his own.

Ignoring facts for an incorrect opinion does not make you look town

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Now you're sitting here talking about town without voting or finding scum. For the second day in a row.

This is why I'd still vote you

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'll vote Jedit tbh.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Jedit's actually right tho

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Looking at the end of day votecount then you could've just voted TM tho and also you were at one vote at the time so you weren't dead anyway but it looked like you were accepting his premise and the part my mind latched onto was the no lynch which the mod said wouldn't happen and everyone would just be murdered and also I don't like you assuming you could've swayed my vote to someone I probably would've just not voted and let 2 people at 2 votes die

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ixtlilton posted:

Looking at the end of day votecount then you could've just voted TM tho and also you were at one vote at the time so you weren't dead anyway but it looked like you were accepting his premise and the part my mind latched onto was the no lynch which the mod said wouldn't happen and everyone would just be murdered and also I don't like you assuming you could've swayed my vote to someone I probably would've just not voted and let 2 people at 2 votes die

I forgot that Solus said EVERYONE would die if the vote were tied... that makes me rethink the end of day voting

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I forgot that Solus said EVERYONE would die if the vote were tied... that makes me rethink the end of day voting

This does not make you look good. If you weren't trying to get the double lynch, why were you running up TM?

I'm going to have to check the vote ordering and timestamps when I get home, if I have the time.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Ixtlilton posted:

Yeah but I'd have had to read his OP to know that

I didn't assume I could've stayed your vote. I said insisted, probably leading to a no lynch

Either way there were a lot of vote leaders and none of them was me at lynch time so characterizing it as such is b a d

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Tired Moritz posted:

I'll vote Jedit tbh.

You need to make some substantial posts

Who do you think is scum?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hal if you aren't scum these non contributing posts are not helping

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah that part was dumb. Sal why did you do that

Why did I go after the person being an insufferable douche to people? It's a mystery. After the B- flip I feel more confident that Squiggle is town so for now I'm going to look elsewhere.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jedit posted:

This does not make you look good. If you weren't trying to get the double lynch, why were you running up TM?

I'm going to have to check the vote ordering and timestamps when I get home, if I have the time.

I voted TM long before deadline so I am not sure what you mean...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Make it happen AA, I will shoot you in the face and it will feel so good

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

##vote sal

There is no reason a scum lynch would have happened without the 3 people who voted

You're implying that we're not confirmed town and unless ix hard bussed I don't see it

Goodbye scumbo

Actually this is weird.

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Make it happen AA, I will shoot you in the face and it will feel so good

Easy there, :clint:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry where did I do that?

I'm sorry, I actually don't see where you did. I know that looks bad of me to admit, but I took Squig's commentary on the matter at face value without digging into it. I'm playing this game really poorly and haven't given it the time it deserves.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

Well hey 3 confirmed town was just too much

Squiggly posted:

So

Hal and Sal for the alternative lynch push and almost force lynch by not being here for deadline?

SalTheBard posted:

Sal quoted
["So

Hal and Sal for the alternative lynch push and almost force lynch by not being here for deadline?"
]

8 pm is hard for me to make sorry life loving happens. This post just looks scummy as hell.

Squiggly posted:

##vote sal

There is no reason a scum lynch would have happened without the 3 people who voted

You're implying that we're not confirmed town and unless ix hard bussed I don't see it

Goodbye scumbo

Looking back at this sequence of post, Sal did not make that implication in his response. I don't know that your speculation post was "scummy as hell", but that follow up to his comment doesn't look good from a town perspective and it also makes your absolute alignment calls a bit more slimy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

this is an admitted hypocritical vote of me, because I was reading back over the day and saw that Sal actually hadn't done what squig accused him of and I saw your post and I was like "A-HA! YOU'VE REVEALED YOURSELF," and then I was like wait... what does this say about me...

So, my bad? What does that say about you that you missed it though?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jedit posted:

You were still vote leader after IS unvoted and it didn't look like changing before lynch chaos, if LC actually happened.

Also after I unvoted only three votes were cast and all on different people, so barring any changes my unvote actually put two more people into contention for flipping. Not a very good job of stalling; in fact, I couldn't vote for anyone else afterwards because if I did I made it possible for a four-way kill that ended the game through chance. But what it did do, and what it was intended to do, was make people move. Where and how was going to provide information - and it did. Ix had no obligation to vote for Bee and is now 99% confirmed Town.

I'll put something else out there as well. Ix is Town, Sober is flipped, but your vote on Bee was a self-save and thus has no bearing on your alignment. I'm still leaning Town, but you should not be claiming reflected cred from the others.

This actually is a pretty good point, and it would make sense that Squiggly would be willing to sacrifice bee given their presence, if squig was on a scum team with them.

That also makes that knee-jerk reaction to Sal's response look significantly worse.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I want to know why squig thought sal was trying to undermine his town credibility from the post sal made. that seems like a big leap to make.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

It was not a self save. IS voted AA, my vote target. Could've no lynched or insisted ix vote AA if I hadn't thought B was scummy on his own.

Ignoring facts for an incorrect opinion does not make you look town

Squiggly posted:

This is a good vote

gently caress you're back to townie status again

Literally was waiting to see who voted me but he was a top choice for a surprise vig kill

Does no one get a vibe off of AA? I will move my vote to avoid a no lynch but come on I'm not completely unjustified here am I?

I think this is the first tiime you mention bee at all. Then you follow up by talking about how if you had gotten lynched that you probably would have shot him like 30 minutes after, but until then I don't think you even acknowledged him as being in the game.

And IS voted me the exact same minute you unvoted to consolidate on Bee. So your chronological recollection here is off.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
One thing I don't like though is that it puts the game in camps kind of...

TM/Squigs

Jedit/Ixt

Sal/Hal

AA, wholesome purveyor of good, sleuth supreme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

SalTheBard posted:

Why did I go after the person being an insufferable douche to people? It's a mystery. After the B- flip I feel more confident that Squiggle is town so for now I'm going to look elsewhere.

Yes, you went after me on day 3 for being a douche...to you?

I was an rear end in a top hat day 2 and you claimed it was a town thing. What changed?