Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh god, they're putting Jessica in her old costume again for some godforsaken reason on this new team they were teasing.

And is 'Strikeforce' seriously the best name they could come up with? I'm pretty sure 'Secret Avengers' and 'Thunderbolts' are both probably available and more thematically appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
jessica in that awful costume is a huge step back and strikeforce is the blandest name ive seen in a marvel book since slott dubbed valeria brainstorm and franklin powerhouse, so off to a good start

site fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 11, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

New Black Widow miniseries from Jody Houser.
https://twitter.com/Stephen_Mooney/status/1138483591917318145

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that's better, but i really liked the soska sisters mini. kinda sucks marvel isnt letting them do more

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

And is 'Strikeforce' seriously the best name they could come up with? I'm pretty sure 'Secret Avengers' and 'Thunderbolts' are both probably available and more thematically appropriate.

I want to imagine a team of writers and editors all standing around a blackboard full of scratched out names all going "so it's X-Force... But not X-Men. God drat it there must be an answer here!"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Strikeforce is by Tini Howard who has been killing it in several books I read. So I'm excited for it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

TwoPair posted:

I want to imagine a team of writers and editors all standing around a blackboard full of scratched out names all going "so it's X-Force... But not X-Men. God drat it there must be an answer here!"

They've been using Strikeforce as the name of one of their War of the Realms anthology series so it's not completely pulled out of a hat. Putting Jess Drew back into her old costume is super bullshit though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah but at least with wotr, it's strikeforce: name of the team, not just literally the team is called strikeforce lol

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

howe_sam posted:

They've been using Strikeforce as the name of one of their War of the Realms anthology series so it's not completely pulled out of a hat. Putting Jess Drew back into her old costume is super bullshit though.

Tini said on Twitter she just likes that costume, and she posted a picture of when she cosplayed in it. So it's just her preference. I like the new one way way more but I also don't really care if the writer wants it that way.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

:getin:

X-O posted:

Tini said on Twitter she just likes that costume, and she posted a picture of when she cosplayed in it. So it's just her preference. I like the new one way way more but I also don't really care if the writer wants it that way.
I suppose that's fair, but the fact it basically looks painted on in the promotional art probably isn't doing the book any favours, though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Painted on is how her costume usually looked when she was in Bendis' Avengers.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
how many issues til the sucked in butthole

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

how many issues til the sucked in butthole

She's literally naked in like the 8th issue New Avengers (all of the Avengers are).

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yes,i know. i was jumping off that to reference the frank cho drawing. apparently posts just arent landing for me right now

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Have we ever seen Aunt May go to church? She was socially or politically active at various times but I don't remember those times being religious. Cuz without her influence I don't buy that whatever Peter's religion nominally is is anything that's been meaningful to him.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lobok posted:

Have we ever seen Aunt May go to church? She was socially or politically active at various times but I don't remember those times being religious. Cuz without her influence I don't buy that whatever Peter's religion nominally is is anything that's been meaningful to him.

Check-mate, atheist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrhJiD3AEg4

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

drat, beat me to it

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lobok posted:

Have we ever seen Aunt May go to church?

There's a cover where she's definitely in a church.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Random Stranger posted:

There's a cover where she's definitely in a church.

I'd say that it was Otto's decision to get married in a church.

Not least because it is filled with his armed goons. (Some of them might even post on SA.)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
At some point Immortal Hulk has to stop outdoing itself, right?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chinston Wurchill posted:

God I hope not.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Can't stop won't stop.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, Dan. :allears:

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/1138054282371043328

If you ever wanted to see Twitter form like Voltron and dunk on Slott, now's your chance.

tweet deleted, what did this say

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God I hope not.

That last page belongs on the side of a van.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Barry Convex posted:

tweet deleted, what did this say

He was talking about how Spidey didn't need a defined religion, despite earlier defining Spidey's religion.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

It isn't even like anything else being published. It's completely in its own league. Al Ewing is really doing something people will still be reading and talking about in 20 years I think.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Archyduchess posted:

It isn't even like anything else being published. It's completely in its own league. Al Ewing is really doing something people will still be reading and talking about in 20 years I think.

Without a doubt. It is unbelievably good.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I heard Betty Ross died. Again. Is this the case?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Gatts posted:

I heard Betty Ross died. Again. Is this the case?

Some characters might think she is dead but the entire run is structured around the immortality of the different gamma-related characters and the horror surrounding that. If you heard Betty Ross died and that's all you heard, you're talking to someone who has either been profoundly not paying attention or who is being disingenuous. She's very much alive and doing things as of the current arc.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Archyduchess posted:

Some characters might think she is dead but the entire run is structured around the immortality of the different gamma-related characters and the horror surrounding that. If you heard Betty Ross died and that's all you heard, you're talking to someone who has either been profoundly not paying attention or who is being disingenuous. She's very much alive and doing things as of the current arc.

Have the ground zero Middletown crew shown up yet? Probably not; I expect the Leader himself would come first. But Soul Man will be interesting in this context...

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I feel like Betty may have some issues to work through.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well today was a good day for Spider-Man. Life Story was great as always, ditto Friendly Neighbourhood, and the Hunted epilogue was good. I guess Spencer may have been a little inspired by the ending of Gillen's Journey Into Mystery, what with definitively killing off Kraven but having his son officially taking up the mantle right down to the same outfit.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Huh not a single wotr book this week? Odd

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

Huh not a single wotr book this week? Odd

Huh? There's several:

code:
APR190762	ASGARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #10 WR	$3.99
APR190748	CHAMPIONS #6 WR	$3.99
APR190766	GIANT MAN #3 (OF 3) WR	$3.99
APR190767	SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #7 WR	$3.99
APR190763	UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #45 WR	$3.99
APR190771	VENOM #15 WR	$3.99

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh I forgot those are all tie ins, was just looking out for the books with wotr in the title

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Thranguy posted:

Have the ground zero Middletown crew shown up yet? Probably not; I expect the Leader himself would come first. But Soul Man will be interesting in this context...

Jialbait (wisely no longer called that) and Hotshot showed up early on

It did not end well for them

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Squirrel Girl was so good today. The frost giants talking deeply about literal frost is precisely the sort of whimsy I crave.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jason Aaron's ending his Thor run with this miniseries.
https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1138883679898472455

KING THOR #1 (OF 4)
JASON AARON (W) • ESAD RIBIC (A/C)
SUPERSTARS JASON AARON & ESAD RIBIC CONCLUDE THEIR EPIC THOR STORY!
The creators of the legendary THOR: GOD OF THUNDER series that kicked off one of the most epic runs in Marvel history are back together for one last ride with the almighty Lord of Asgard! Seven years ago, Jason and Esad introduced the Thor of the far future, All-Father of a broken realm and a dying universe, as he stood in battle against the Butcher of Gods, wielder of All-Black the Necrosword. Now that nefarious blade has returned, in the hands of Thor’s all-time greatest enemy – his brother, Loki – for one final, cataclysmic showdown. Behold the book no comics fan should miss – the celebration of the end of a truly Marvelous era.
32 PGS./RATED T+

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Jason Aaron's ending his Thor run with this miniseries.
https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1138883679898472455

KING THOR #1 (OF 4)
JASON AARON (W) • ESAD RIBIC (A/C)
SUPERSTARS JASON AARON & ESAD RIBIC CONCLUDE THEIR EPIC THOR STORY!
The creators of the legendary THOR: GOD OF THUNDER series that kicked off one of the most epic runs in Marvel history are back together for one last ride with the almighty Lord of Asgard! Seven years ago, Jason and Esad introduced the Thor of the far future, All-Father of a broken realm and a dying universe, as he stood in battle against the Butcher of Gods, wielder of All-Black the Necrosword. Now that nefarious blade has returned, in the hands of Thor’s all-time greatest enemy – his brother, Loki – for one final, cataclysmic showdown. Behold the book no comics fan should miss – the celebration of the end of a truly Marvelous era.
32 PGS./RATED T+

gently caress yeah! Moar metal van murals for the gods! :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
good, im glad hes gonna finish up that part of the story

e: unrelated, but thread

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/1138968205999902721

site fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 13, 2019