Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1138471748570157057?s=20

I actually forgot the Grizz were looking for a coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

efb
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1138472067106574336?s=19

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

Trading Beal without getting any first rounders back would be extremely dumb but they're the wizards so

Adding the pick reduced the salary saving significantly and I also decided "they're the Wizards." But the Lakers could toss the 2022 in there.

Kibner posted:

Rick, I think the trade you posted on Twitter is pretty dang great:

I'm not excited about Jackson, but Beal and two draft picks with high probability of turning into rotation players is incredible.

Thanks friend, I couldn't tell if anyone was interested in my fantasy trade or not.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

MourningView posted:

Trading Beal without getting any first rounders back would be extremely dumb but they're the wizards so

I guess it depends on how good you project Kuz and Ingram being. But I’m with you, it doesn’t seem great for them. I’d assume their priorities include dumping Wall?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

kingcobweb posted:

I guess it depends on how good you project Kuz and Ingram being. But I’m with you, it doesn’t seem great for them. I’d assume their priorities include dumping Wall?

Two good young guys who aren’t good enough to prevent a tank seems medium acceptable. They’ve got a long road ahead because it seems unlikely the Wall contract will be moveable until it’s shorter

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Adding the pick reduced the salary saving significantly and I also decided "they're the Wizards." But the Lakers could toss the 2022 in there.

Yeah I get it, I would just be upset if I were a Wizards fan and they dumped a legit All NBA type guy and the only actual asset on the team and only got Ingram, who is very good and very young, but also has some significant issues that could impact his ceiling, and Kuzma, who is clearly a real NBA player but also seems destined to top out at "one dimensional bench scorer"

If you're the Pelicans that would be an amazing outcome though.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

kingcobweb posted:

well, it’d probably be nice to dump wall, but i imagine the new regime in dc understands thay even if they move wall, they’re still not competing, so by the time they’re ready to compete, he’ll either be off the books or a desirable expiring contract (or they’ll have amnestied him)

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

interesting that bud has reversed the curse of the pop coaching tree.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chunkles posted:

interesting that bud has reversed the curse of the pop coaching tree.

curse was finally finished off with the wild success of jim boylen

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kibner posted:

Rick, I think the trade you posted on Twitter is pretty dang great:

I'm not excited about Jackson, but Beal and two draft picks with high probability of turning into rotation players is incredible.

That's a solid trade for the Suns, gets them a PG who knows how to run a drat offence, gets rid of a guy who is unfortunately probably a bust, plus adds a rotation guy to a team with incredibly poor depth.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That's a solid trade for the Suns, gets them a PG who knows how to run a drat offence, gets rid of a guy who is unfortunately probably a bust, plus adds a rotation guy to a team with incredibly poor depth.

I'm not sure Lonzo is a "Knows how to run an offense" guy yet but will give your offense identity and open up chances for the team in transition. They really covet him so yeah I think the Suns would green light this.

I think the Wizards would be the one to say no to this, but it depends on what they think of Ingram.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
God I cant wait what Griffin is able to get for Davis. I hope it's something ridiculous

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Rich Paul apparently threw a fit when Demps talked to Davis directly about the trade request without notifying Rich. That's when he decided to make the request public.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Metapod posted:

God I cant wait what Griffin is able to get for Davis. I hope it's something ridiculous

I hope so, too, but it probably won't be because Davis and his team are trying their damnedest to torpedo all trade value they possibly can.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Kibner posted:

I hope so, too, but it probably won't be because Davis and his team are trying their damnedest to torpedo all trade value they possibly can.

Throw in the Knicks helping for some reason with their "we aren't putting our best players or RJ on the table" 24 hours after Shams reported that's the only place he wants to go besides Lakers.

I'm sure there's still Indiana/Toronto style deals of teams willing to take a risk that we currently don't know about so it hasn't blown it completely to hell but the Knicks helping the Lakers out for some reason is weird.

Lockback posted:

I'm not sure Lonzo is a "Knows how to run an offense" guy yet but will give your offense identity and open up chances for the team in transition. They really covet him so yeah I think the Suns would green light this.

I think the Wizards would be the one to say no to this, but it depends on what they think of Ingram.

For what it's worth, the Wizards portion is very similar to a deal that was talked about as being there at the trade deadline from the Wizards side. Of course who knows how valid rumors are and such . . .

Rick fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 12, 2019

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This is going to end with Davis being traded for Steven Adams and Diallo

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

I’d say who can put together a deal that creates a contender day 1 on a rental but I don’t think anyone really thought Toronto had done that last year so who fucken knows really

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'll let you all decide on what you feel about the veracity of this: https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/bzuob2/lakers_and_pelicans_trade_facing_a_roadblock/

E: summary for non-clickers; AD/Lakers done if they can find suitable-to-Pelicans return for Lonzo.

Rick fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 12, 2019

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

DeimosRising posted:

I’d say who can put together a deal that creates a contender day 1 on a rental but I don’t think anyone really thought Toronto had done that last year so who fucken knows really

I think a fair few people did, me for one. If people knew Kawhi would be this healthy then I think they would have been seen as the favourite in the east. Actually maybe not, because the Celtics has insane hype on the preseason.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

I'll let you all decide on what you feel about the veracity of this: https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/bzuob2/lakers_and_pelicans_trade_facing_a_roadblock/

E: summary for non-clickers; AD/Lakers done if they can find suitable-to-Pelicans return for Lonzo.

comments seem to state that the guy that posted it is pretty well connected

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
To make things more complicated:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1138900882773479424

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

tanglewood1420 posted:

I think a fair few people did, me for one. If people knew Kawhi would be this healthy then I think they would have been seen as the favourite in the east. Actually maybe not, because the Celtics has insane hype on the preseason.

I think you were wrong, if you did think that, because I think they would not be here without Gasol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

My ideal scenario is that AD goes somewhere else that he's unlikely to re-sign at (and Rich Paul of all people has the track record of making good on this claim), because the better Lakers team is one that signs AD outright next year. But I also get why the Lakers can't bank on that and have to put everything on the table now.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If I was AD I would make David Griffin wander ethiopia, eating no food, and only drinking sulfurous and dark water from old wells. Then I'd consider his case for staying

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

If I was AD I would make David Griffin wander ethiopia, eating no food, and only drinking sulfurous and dark water from old wells. Then I'd consider his case for staying

Spartacus scene where David Griffin wanders the desert, only to fall down and receive a scoop of water from Zion.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

DeimosRising posted:

I think you were wrong, if you did think that, because I think they would not be here without Gasol

I was wrong indeed, because at the time I didn't like the Gasol trade! I thought Gasol had a hot six week start and then his very pertinent dip in Memphis from December onwards was proof he was nearly finished, plus I thought they may need Delon Wright in the playoffs (which seems super silly now).

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

My ideal scenario is that AD goes somewhere else that he's unlikely to re-sign at (and Rich Paul of all people has the track record of making good on this claim), because the better Lakers team is one that signs AD outright next year. But I also get why the Lakers can't bank on that and have to put everything on the table now.

I don't think you spend another year treading water with Lebron. You're at 75 million in 2020-21 with Lebron, Young'uns and cap holds. If you sign a max contract now I don't think you have enough to give AD one, so that's another year whiffing.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Lockback posted:

I don't think you spend another year treading water with Lebron. You're at 75 million in 2020-21 with Lebron, Young'uns and cap holds. If you sign a max contract now I don't think you have enough to give AD one, so that's another year whiffing.

I kind of expect the Lakers to whiff this year anyway, which is also why I'm not 100% sure an AD trade alone moves the Lakers up more than a seed or two. All the bad players who dragged the Lakers down last year are all coming back in this scenario and I don't know if AD and LeBron can make up for Rondo and Lance having to play even more.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Rick posted:

I kind of expect the Lakers to whiff this year anyway, which is also why I'm not 100% sure an AD trade alone moves the Lakers up more than a seed or two. All the bad players who dragged the Lakers down last year are all coming back in this scenario and I don't know if AD and LeBron can make up for Rondo and Lance having to play even more.

Lebron + AD + better band of castoffs and 1 year contracts can absolutely make the playoffs and make some noise if they whiff on anything else, and I think that needs to be the bar. They don't need to be a contender but they need to be relevant.

I think this off-season has always been the make or break season for the Lakers and getting the trade done for AD (vs trying to use the "he'll sign here anyway" leverage) should really be a priority.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1138963659689009152

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

who is the funniest Chicago Guy Garpax can bring in because he's a Chicago Guy? For me, it's Evan Turner or Derrick Rose.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

who is the funniest Chicago Guy Garpax can bring in because he's a Chicago Guy? For me, it's Evan Turner or Derrick Rose.

Okafor

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

Jon Scheyer

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

A team option, I'm afraid. So, they'll have to trade for him. :getin:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

The funniest would be Anthony Davis because it'd be hilarious to watch Garpax win the executive of the year award.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Adun posted:

Jon Scheyer

suburbs don't count, unless they bring in Bryant McIntosh or draft Vic Law.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

legitimately forgot he was in the league, that's a good call.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

tanglewood1420 posted:

I was wrong indeed, because at the time I didn't like the Gasol trade! I thought Gasol had a hot six week start and then his very pertinent dip in Memphis from December onwards was proof he was nearly finished, plus I thought they may need Delon Wright in the playoffs (which seems super silly now).

Just goes to show knowing things about stuff is v hard

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Boylen would get the vapers over Okafor's textbook post footwork and run the whole offense through him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This is the offseason Chicago finally gets melo