Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I'm looking for friends to play the RDR2 online with. I'm a disabled man with nothing but time on my hands but need someone to do stuff with. My PSN is BarkingSquirrel1

I would play it with you but you unfriended me so now i won't :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

titties posted:

Owned

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I'm looking for friends to play the RDR2 online with. I'm a disabled man with nothing but time on my hands but need someone to do stuff with. My PSN is BarkingSquirrel1

Sent....I needs to do that stupid herb hunt posse contest but no one wants to join the jonestown kool-aid posse :(

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
How did I not know that bow kills give you health xp? All this time wasted fishing!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Time spent fishing is never wasted, friend

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
So I just trampled myself to death...I did not know that could be done. I'm good.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Maybe if I arrow fish it'll be a twofer??

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Reign Of Pain posted:

So I just trampled myself to death...I did not know that could be done. I'm good.

Teach me your secrets

PSN: mr_dread

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Not a fan of the Evans Repeater in Online. I've been using the Lancaster and its accuracy is simply unbeatable for those headshots. Evans just takes too long to get perfectly accurate.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 2, 2019

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

God dammit. I just called a guy's max bet with pocket 8s pre-flop. The other guy had pocket aces. Right as the flop was going to be revealed, R* server error.

Anyone else get the glitch where the white butcher has the voice of the black butcher?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Dick Jones posted:

God dammit. I just called a guy's max bet with pocket 8s pre-flop. The other guy had pocket aces. Right as the flop was going to be revealed, R* server error.

Anyone else get the glitch where the white butcher has the voice of the black butcher?

I just thought the black butcher was channeling randy moss

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Reign Of Pain posted:

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 2, 2019

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Dick Jones posted:

I’ve gotten that glitch a couple of times and also in reverse but couldn’t decide if I was just racist or not

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Jimbot posted:

Not a fan of the Evans Repeater in Online. I've been using the Lancaster and its accuracy is simply unbeatable for those headshots. Evans just takes too long to get perfectly accurate.

It's too bad the Evans is the worst of the repeaters, because it sounds the best and is a cool and interesting gun :( I'd use it along with the LeMat and Volcanic for big Forgotten Weapons style but there's just no point.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Capn Beeb posted:

It's too bad the Evans is the worst of the repeaters, because it sounds the best and is a cool and interesting gun :( I'd use it along with the LeMat and Volcanic for big Forgotten Weapons style but there's just no point.

I don't know what y'all are talking about. I use the evans all the time on the campsite defense missions and hideouts and don't have trouble getting headshots. The only time it has trouble aiming is when you get hit. I prefer it because of the amount of rounds it holds and it fires so fast.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

titties posted:

edit* Nevermind, I'm dumb and all stroked out

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 3, 2019

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Xbox players around?

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Wait, is the LeMat in this game? If so, I may definitely be revisiting it sometime this week, see what needs to be done to get that...

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Wait, is the LeMat in this game? If so, I may definitely be revisiting it sometime this week, see what needs to be done to get that...

They added the LeMat to online last month, iirc. Using it's shotgun option for executions is nice.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Reign Of Pain posted:

They added the LeMat to online last month, iirc. Using it's shotgun option for executions is nice.

Very nice.

Off-topic: I want to sign up for the two-step verification thing, but I don't have my Social Club pw nor the pw for the email account I used to sign up for it (I am an idiot and was writing my complicated-ish pws down on paper and hiding them, but then had a house fire and couldn't recall them). I have my PSN account and stuff set to my new email, so I can sign in by clicking one of those easy "sign in with..." buttons, but I need my Social Club pw to do 2-step, and I can't recover it via my old email because I don't have that pw, either. Worried if I choose the "account compromised" option on Social Club's help page, they'll freeze my account regardless of the explanation, and I have (kinda shamefully) spent more money on their games (over the years of GTO and stuff) than I'd like to mention or lose access to.

...Suggestions on how I might unfuck myself, here?

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 5, 2019

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Very nice.

Off-topic: I want to sign up for the two-step verification thing, but I don't have my Social Club pw nor the pw for the email account I used to sign up for it (I am an idiot and was writing my complicated-ish pws down on paper and hiding them, but then had a house fire and couldn't recall them). I have my PSN account and stuff set to my new email, so I can sign in by clicking one of those easy "sign in with..." buttons, but I need my Social Club pw to do 2-step, and I can't recover it via my old email because I don't have that pw, either. Worried if I choose the "account compromised" option on Social Club's help page, they'll freeze my account regardless of the explanation, and I have (kinda shamefully) spent more money on their games (over the years of GTO and stuff) than I'd like to mention or lose access to.

...Suggestions on how I might unfuck myself, here?

Aren't you able to just reset the password of your old email address though? Like through a recovery email address or answering security questions?

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Fanatic posted:

Aren't you able to just reset the password of your old email address though? Like through a recovery email address or answering security questions?

In short, no. I have even found ways to phone Google support and explain and it didn't work out. Tried for several months to recover the account.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Public Enemy is pretty good once you get the hang of it. Stay low when you spawn so you don’t get sniped immediately.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Would love to get some luck people get in poker online. 25 dollars worth of hands and all of them trash. Meanwhile the chump next to me manages to get flushes 3 hands in a row. My advice? Don't bother. You get a pair, someone has three-of-a-kind. You get four-of-a-kind, someone gets a straight flush. You get a straight-flush someone gets a royal flush. If you manage to get a royal flush the Rockstar servers will crash. In the event the star align and you get that far and the servers don't crash, I'd stop playing because chances are you'll suffer mortal harm before you reveal your hands.

Play two games of competitive, come in dead last and you'll still make more money than you would at poker. Or buy a nice coat or hat if your money is burning a hole in your pocket.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Well this is surprising.

PlayStation players have already enjoyed a host of exclusive benefits for playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online including early access to weapons, horses, clothing, Showdown Modes and more.

We’re excited to share that in addition to these ongoing benefits, Red Dead Online players with a PlayStation Plus membership will receive special awards each month. Starting June 10, all players with PlayStation Plus that play Red Dead Online by July 8 on PS4 will get three free Treasure Maps. The award will be sent to you within 24 hours of your first play session.

Visit the Post Office or your Camp’s Lockbox to retrieve the Treasure Maps and then use your Satchel to open them up. The Treasure Map will reveal a location on your Map to explore, ride out to the area and use Eagle Eye to search for your rewards, which could include Gold Nuggets, Cash, Ammo, Tonics, and Crafting Pamphlets.

Stay tuned each month for more details on new monthly benefits in Red Dead Online.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Capn Beeb posted:

Well this is surprising.

PlayStation players have already enjoyed a host of exclusive benefits for playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online including early access to weapons, horses, clothing, Showdown Modes and more.

We’re excited to share that in addition to these ongoing benefits, Red Dead Online players with a PlayStation Plus membership will receive special awards each month. Starting June 10, all players with PlayStation Plus that play Red Dead Online by July 8 on PS4 will get three free Treasure Maps. The award will be sent to you within 24 hours of your first play session.

Visit the Post Office or your Camp’s Lockbox to retrieve the Treasure Maps and then use your Satchel to open them up. The Treasure Map will reveal a location on your Map to explore, ride out to the area and use Eagle Eye to search for your rewards, which could include Gold Nuggets, Cash, Ammo, Tonics, and Crafting Pamphlets.

Stay tuned each month for more details on new monthly benefits in Red Dead Online.

That is pretty neat. I picked up the free war horse they were offering up too a couple weeks ago. It is a pretty solid horse, good stamina doesn't spook easy.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Surely this won't cause Xbox players to scream for blood

By the by r* I still can't play for longer than like twenty minutes without disconnecting what gives

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

HebrewMagic posted:

Surely this won't cause Xbox players to scream for blood

By the by r* I still can't play for longer than like twenty minutes without disconnecting what gives

Are you using wi-fi? Try using a cable...makes a difference for some people.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

A lot of these ability cards are such money traps. Anything that adds to damage is worthless. Peak Condition apparently adds a whole whopping 10%. 900 dollars well spent there. Winning Streak seems to have no discernible affect. Pumping 8 shots from revolvers into someone's upper body has as little effect as it does with or without the cards.

I recommend Paint it Black, Slow and Steady and anything effects dead eye. The damage cards are trash. Never Without One got nerfed but I still incredible overpowered for what it gives you.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i had no idea how to use those cards for like the first 4 months of this game. paint it black is what i used to use, but now for showdown modes i use a thing that makes it harder to get a head shot on me and recharges when i kill someone

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I just threw caution to the wind with the card selection. Varmint rifle headshot is still where it's at.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

KoRMaK posted:

i had no idea how to use those cards for like the first 4 months of this game. paint it black is what i used to use, but now for showdown modes i use a thing that makes it harder to get a head shot on me and recharges when i kill someone

Paint It Black is loving amazing with dual double barrel shotguns.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hey I can't tell if I'm stupid or not but does anyone know if you can fence stolen wagons in Online? Google is no help

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Another Bill posted:

Hey I can't tell if I'm stupid or not but does anyone know if you can fence stolen wagons in Online? Google is no help

You can't do it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ughh. I just want to rob and steal.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Jimbot posted:

A lot of these ability cards are such money traps. Anything that adds to damage is worthless. Peak Condition apparently adds a whole whopping 10%. 900 dollars well spent there. Winning Streak seems to have no discernible affect. Pumping 8 shots from revolvers into someone's upper body has as little effect as it does with or without the cards.

I recommend Paint it Black, Slow and Steady and anything effects dead eye. The damage cards are trash. Never Without One got nerfed but I still incredible overpowered for what it gives you.

Slow and steady makes such a big difference. Tired of getting headshot with varmint rifles? Slap that card on and abuse the hell out of dead eye.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

How do I increase the amount of ammo I can carry? I can only carry 60 rounds of shotgun ammo and it is really bumming me out. Is it rank locked? Did I miss something?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

How do I increase the amount of ammo I can carry? I can only carry 60 rounds of shotgun ammo and it is really bumming me out. Is it rank locked? Did I miss something?

I'm lvl 43 and it's still 60, that might be it.

I wonder if I have 120 though, because I have dual sawed-offs? I'll have to check if that's a thing. I don't use them that much.

One thing that can help though, is to stock up a bunch of ammo through the catalog. Then you can pick it up at post offices and your camp...

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Online you can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

You'll eventually be able to make other types of shotgun shells like incendiary and slugs. You'll be able to add 60 slugs to the 60 regular shells that you already carry. Pretty sure the limit for incendiary is 10.