Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Is there any way to sign up WITHOUT making a twitter account? Because I burned down my twitter account and there'S no way in hell I'm making another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

MonsieurChoc posted:

Is there any way to sign up WITHOUT making a twitter account? Because I burned down my twitter account and there'S no way in hell I'm making another one.

No. The thing handling everything is a twitter bot.

It doesn't have to be an actually otherwise used twitter account, though.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Supremezero posted:

It doesn't have to be an actually otherwise used twitter account, though.

Yeah, I have a sock puppet account that exists solely to fiesta. It sucks that twitter is the only interface to “officially” fiesta, but you don’t have to read the rest of the site. :shrug:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

KataraniSword posted:

but you don’t have to read the rest of the site. :shrug:

Now you tell me.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
chalk me up as another first timer both for the Fiesta and finishing FF5 - looking forward to it!

- :bang:

Luxury Tent Carpet fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 11, 2019

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

chalk me up as another first timer both for the Fiesta and finishing FF4 - looking forward to it!

I've got some bad news...

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've got some bad news...

yes well as you can see I'm extremely clever and will no doubt do very well

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

yes well as you can see I'm extremely clever and will no doubt do very well

That's OK, we're all big dumb idiots except for Carby bot.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
:siren: My Love For You is Like a Truck :siren:

Last year I bit off a bit more than most people could chew with my donation incentive. This year I'll keep it simple.
  1. For every goon who kills NED with two Berserkers in their party, I'll donate $5.
  2. For every goon who kills NED with three Berserkers in their party, I'll donate $25.
  3. For the first goon who kills NED with four Berserkers in their party, I'll donate $125; for any subsequent goons, $50 (while supplies last).
Only one goon can claim the big money. For all other runs, in any combination, the cap is $200.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

OK, you talked me into it. Signed up with Berserker Risk. Sincerely kind of surprised there aren't more players whose names are just whatever random gibberish Twitter gives you when it makes a new account.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
As a newbie dumbass, I gotta ask: How realistic is it to beat NED with four Berserkers?

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

It's possible but very difficult because it requires a fair bit of luck and a ton of stubbornness.

Quadzerker runs have succeeded. They're just slow and tedious.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Ritznit posted:

As a newbie dumbass, I gotta ask: How realistic is it to beat NED with four Berserkers?

I pulled Quadzerker last year. (albeit on an Upgrade run so I had sub-abilities)

My plan involved using the Thief Knife (50% chance of using Mug) on a Necromancer (usually in a group of 3, so 33% of Mug hitting it) to steal (40% for a successful steal) a second Bone Mail, (3.91% rare steal) then getting my two non-Bone Mail wearers zombified while holding Death Sickles to fish for Death procs to heal.

In other words: Possible, but :suicide:

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

My goal is to actually finish FF5 this year.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Played FF5 when I was 12 all the way up to Neo Ex-Death but could never defeat him. So count me in a first timer on both the Fiesta and beating FF5!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Ritznit posted:

Easier on the SNES due to a glitch that allows you to underflow the Berserker's magic stat, giving it extremely high damage with the Gaia Hammer, which can cast Quake, and the Rune Axe. It'll still require an extremely high level and quite a few resets, but far less than the other versions.

Ironically, I imagine the buffs to the class in the iOS version would actually make it harder, since the Berserkers no longer attack the truly dangerous parts (Grand Cross and Almagest) until the front is dead.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Yeah, I've been meaning to try a quad zerk on iOS to see how it goes. But real time quad zerk grinding....

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Quadzerking the game is not particularly hard, yeah. It's more like playing a slot machine where you re-run the fight until you get enough hits in before you die. It's definitely an experience, but it's an experience that sucks.

I love having one or two zerks in my party! They're an interesting class to work with! But too many of them limits your options so much that it can make a run just grindy and boring.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Two Zerks and I really start to worry about Omega, which is why I don't risk. Even a Geomancer can use Elixirs.

Not only are iOS Zerks going to eat a lot of Almagests, they will also eat a bunch of Meteors. Doing that on iOS is highly suspect.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Ritznit posted:

:getin:

:black101: :black101: :black101: :black101:

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Samuel Clemens posted:

Ironically, I imagine the buffs to the class in the iOS version would actually make it harder, since the Berserkers no longer attack the truly dangerous parts (Grand Cross and Almagest) until the front is dead.

To say nothing of the fact that they have to then withstand a hail of Meteors from a single part with full HP.

Nasgate posted:

Yeah, I've been meaning to try a quad zerk on iOS to see how it goes. But real time quad zerk grinding....

Auto-battle is actually pretty fast. It's no emulator fast forward or Bravely Default 4x speed +200% encounters grinding, but it's quite a bit quicker than real hardware.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Bisse posted:

Played FF5 when I was 12 all the way up to Neo Ex-Death but could never defeat him. So count me in a first timer on both the Fiesta and beating FF5!

Hell yeah my man, welcome

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I've been doing a pre Fiesta replay and yeah my biggest advice for new players is 'run from encounters'. A lot of ff5 random encounters loving suck and you shouldn't do the standard rpg 'just fight all the encounters and you never have to grind' method. Find a good low effort place to grind out your jobs at the end of world 1 and that'll probably get you enough xp to largely carry you for the rest of the game unless you have a terrible team.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

fool_of_sound posted:

I've been doing a pre Fiesta replay and yeah my biggest advice for new players is 'run from encounters'. A lot of ff5 random encounters loving suck and you shouldn't do the standard rpg 'just fight all the encounters and you never have to grind' method. Find a good low effort place to grind out your jobs at the end of world 1 and that'll probably get you enough xp to largely carry you for the rest of the game unless you have a terrible team.

BUT MY BRAVE BLADE :v:

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Just means you're levelling up that Chicken Knife as you go.

Usually I'll grind to 10 in the Wind Temple pre job JUST IN CASE I get Thief or White first or something; if you peek and your job isn't terrible this optional. Karnak for money. Dragon Zombies for money (anyone can use Phoenix Down and sell the guaranteed Dragon Fang). Crystals and Meatdeath will likely need some levels depending on composition. Then in W3 you get the Chicken Knife, run through the pyramid without looting most of it (loot is good but encounters are a pain), get the Airship, straight to Phantom, Black Chocobo to Mug Phoenix tower enemies for cash, endgame gear and you're good.

That's probably the biggest help for newcomers - learn where Phantom Village is. A lot of endgame gear is purchasable there and it's available pretty early in W3.

Had anyone made a list of Sealed Weapons by sell price? I could use that tbh.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I'm really not sure four level 99 Berserkers can beat NED in the Matrix version. The amount of things that would have to go in your favor are just insane while you wait for them to whittle it down. Matrix Berserkers always target the closest (right-most) enemy so you're looking at a handful of Almagests and three Grand Crosses at an absolute minimum... and then you have one piece left at full HP with the rage timer activated. So that's, like, dozens of Meteors.

It's an interesting thought exercise, though. Maybe you do full on three Zombie-Death-Sickles and give your one living Berserker the Gaia Hammer to get a maximum spread of damage? You'd have to have insane luck to get through all the Grand Crosses, but, well, you'd have to have insane luck to do anything here.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

derra posted:

Had anyone made a list of Sealed Weapons by sell price? I could use that tbh.

I believe it's 5 gold each so I think you need another get rich quick scheme

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Hackan Slash posted:

I believe it's 5 gold each so I think you need another get rich quick scheme

Some sell for more for certain. Like I said, my main go to is to Mug Rainbow Dresses, Red Slippers, and hopefully Coral Rings from Phoenix Tower enemies.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
If you're playing in gba just do Gil cave. Otherwise ya Phoenix tower

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

derra posted:

Some sell for more for certain. Like I said, my main go to is to Mug Rainbow Dresses, Red Slippers, and hopefully Coral Rings from Phoenix Tower enemies.

And remember: those ladies are scary as hell but they're all human and thus susceptible to, like, everything. Frogs can't use their ridiculous counters.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

OzFactor posted:

And remember: those ladies are scary as hell but they're all human and thus susceptible to, like, everything. Frogs can't use their ridiculous counters.

I think they only counter Fight as well? When you actually need to kill them use another command and you're mostly good.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

derra posted:

I think they only counter Fight as well? When you actually need to kill them use another command and you're mostly good.

They do, but Fight is how you use the Thief Knife. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Arist posted:

BUT MY BRAVE BLADE :v:

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/748314274376740864

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Appropriate FJF parties for the Brave Blade:

Knight + Berserker x3
Knight x2 + Berserker x2

That's it. No, this does not include Knight x3 + Berserker, that one should be two-handing the Rune Axe or something.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

OzFactor posted:

Knight + Berserker x3
Knight x2 + Berserker x2

That's it. No, this does not include Knight x3 + Berserker, that one should be two-handing the Rune Axe or something.

Now now don't forget about donation toxxes

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ritznit posted:

It's fairly realistic if you grind enough levels. But if you're not using frame-skip or something to speed up your battles, you're gonna be in for a long, monotonous, frustrating run, especially on certain bosses where attacking the wrong part at the wrong time will hurt you.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

OzFactor posted:

Knight + Berserker x3
Knight x2 + Berserker x2

So what you're saying is that there are appropriate parties for it and you should never run from a battle in World 1 ever. Got it. :shepface:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Yeah, four Berserkers is a chore and a half to play, but it seems like there's always somebody, so I figured why not reward that poor hapless person for all the time they're gonna pour into this thing. Since I still had money left over from last year's incentive, I decided (then) to hedge it here.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Brave Blade Best Blade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Poque posted:

Brave Blade Best Blade

This man also likes geomancers

let that influence how you interpret his heresy