Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
checkbox
checkbox
checkbox
View Results

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Looking back at this sequence of post, Sal did not make that implication in his response. I don't know that your speculation post was "scummy as hell", but that follow up to his comment doesn't look good from a town perspective and it also makes your absolute alignment calls a bit more slimy.

Sal comes in all cavalier responding to being called out while not addressing anything that just happened.

My absolute alignment calls are a hard bait. Already said that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

I think this is the first tiime you mention bee at all. Then you follow up by talking about how if you had gotten lynched that you probably would have shot him like 30 minutes after, but until then I don't think you even acknowledged him as being in the game.

And IS voted me the exact same minute you unvoted to consolidate on Bee. So your chronological recollection here is off.

That is the first time I mention B-

If votes lined up in a certain way I was gonna shoot him dead. Private thoughts and all

All you're saying with the last point is that a no lynch was the most plausible scenario

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

I baited hard with my absolutely 100% confirmed town and waited for a dumb scum to think they could try and lynch me still

but this was in response to Hal responding to me responding to you which turned out to be fabricated!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Still cool voting AA. Proud of the participation, but part of the reason I hard pushed "confirmed town" is that I think scum are more likely to push back on it

Leading me to highlight Sal, jedit, and now AA as people with the most problems with my statement. None are voting me, just trying to push on the fact that I'm "confirmed town." Pick a side boys. Either you like me as town and should actually focus on finding scum, or you don't in which case I'd like to vote the hell out of you

Try and make it clearer what side you're on

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

but this was in response to Hal responding to me responding to you which turned out to be fabricated!

I don't know what you're talking about

But the precise order is "confirmed town"

Sal comes in hot and calls me scummy for calling him out seemingly ignoring the last day

I think that's pretty close to trying to throw shade on a more than likely townie which scum have more reason to do than most

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

I don't know what you're talking about

But the precise order is "confirmed town"

Sal comes in hot and calls me scummy for calling him out seemingly ignoring the last day

I think that's pretty close to trying to throw shade on a more than likely townie which scum have more reason to do than most

I'm saying you said Sal was trying to implicate you as not confirmed town.

That never happened, and then I called out Sal following your lead, and Hal echoed the same from me, and you first called it bait in response to Hal, but the thing is the two aren't related at all.

It doesn't make any sense.

Sal said you framing Hal/Sal as scummy for the vote split on TM was scummy to say.

You say Sal is undermining your absolute town status for the three players that voted.

Then you go back and call it bait, only after Hal and myself toss blind shade at Sal for doing something that he never did.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Squiggly posted:

Well hey 3 confirmed town was just too much

26 minutes later

SalTheBard posted:

8 pm is hard for me to make sorry life loving happens. This post just looks scummy as hell.

So either he's ignoring everything except his name being called out or he's pushing back on my confirmed town

I took it as the latter but either way it's not great town play

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

26 minutes later

So either he's ignoring everything except his name being called out or he's pushing back on my confirmed town

I took it as the latter but either way it's not great town play

he literally quoted one of your posts.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

So

Hal and Sal for the alternative lynch push and almost force lynch by not being here for deadline?

he quoted this post

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

he quoted this post

Yes. I made 3 posts in a row. So he ignored everything except his name being called out, or picked an "indirect post" to respond to with his goal being to discredit me as town

Are you unable to read between the lines or what

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
so he should have responded to your "bait" then? you made 3 back to back posts, should he have addressed each one prior to that, were they posts that could actually be addressed in a meaningful way?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

so he should have responded to your "bait" then? you made 3 back to back posts, should he have addressed each one prior to that, were they posts that could actually be addressed in a meaningful way?

He shouldn't have responded at all, or responded to the actual events that had occurred

As is he comes in after I've made my post and attempts to paint me as scummy immediately.

Oh my he responded to a different post to call me scummy wow he must not have seen anything prior to that is a stupid loving argument

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

Well hey 3 confirmed town was just too much

Squiggly posted:

So

Hal and Sal for the alternative lynch push and almost force lynch by not being here for deadline?

Squiggly posted:

Counter point: if b minus was scum and here for deadline could've just hammered tm but also maybe too obvious to have 3 scum on board for a potential townie lynch?

Squiggly posted:

##vote sal

There is no reason a scum lynch would have happened without the 3 people who voted

You're implying that we're not confirmed town and unless ix hard bussed I don't see it

Goodbye scumbo

so he responded to your second post following your "bait" post, your first post after game day began

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Let's frame this a different way

It seems like you buy Sal's argument that my post about Hal and Sal forcing an alternative lynch is scummy

Looking at the way that voting and flips happened, why is that a scummy deduction?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Hint: it's not

And the fake aggression out of nowhere doesn't help, since it hasn't been repeated since and wasn't present before

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

so he responded to your second post following your "bait" post, your first post after game day began

I feel like you and squiggly are not quite talking about the same thing here.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel like you and squiggly are not quite talking about the same thing here.

He didn't respond to the exact post so he must be talking about something else!

:rolleyes:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Squiggly posted:

Yes, you went after me on day 3 for being a douche...to you?

I was an rear end in a top hat day 2 and you claimed it was a town thing. What changed?

I personally felt that post was pretty scummy. Note: Scummy posts does not necessarily mean that I think you are scum. In fact in this one situation that unless this is some uber gambit by the scum team you are town. "Going after" someone to me means multiple posts where they are trying to push their views. You are so low on my radar as far as potential scum that it isn't even worth the effort of reading your posts. I think you are mischaracterizing one post that I made.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

Let's frame this a different way

It seems like you buy Sal's argument that my post about Hal and Sal forcing an alternative lynch is scummy

Looking at the way that voting and flips happened, why is that a scummy deduction?

No, I think you completely misunderstand why I suddenly find you suspicious again.

I'm saying, you accused Sal of a specific behavior that he didn't contribute. Then you built upon this accusation by tying it towards post 1, which was completely unrelated to anything Sal had to say. I'm not saying that I buy Sal, but I do admit I was wrong to support your claim that he undermined your 100% town bait, which wasn't established as bait until you had already made a false correlation.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

SalTheBard posted:

I personally felt that post was pretty scummy. Note: Scummy posts does not necessarily mean that I think you are scum. In fact in this one situation that unless this is some uber gambit by the scum team you are town. "Going after" someone to me means multiple posts where they are trying to push their views. You are so low on my radar as far as potential scum that it isn't even worth the effort of reading your posts. I think you are mischaracterizing one post that I made.

I'm actually just addressing everything to mine as much content from you lazy deadline missing fuckers as possible

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

No, I think you completely misunderstand why I suddenly find you suspicious again.

I'm saying, you accused Sal of a specific behavior that he didn't contribute. Then you built upon this accusation by tying it towards post 1, which was completely unrelated to anything Sal had to say. I'm not saying that I buy Sal, but I do admit I was wrong to support your claim that he undermined your 100% town bait, which wasn't established as bait until you had already made a false correlation.

You're obtuse

He quoted one of 3 posts I made in a row. I'll make sure to put them all in one post next time

It's semantics while missing my point

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Hal who do you think is scum before you disappear

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

You're obtuse

He quoted one of 3 posts I made in a row. I'll make sure to put them all in one post next time

It's semantics while missing my point

I feel like we are two misaligned lego bricks or like a square peg and a triangular hole, at least with u nderstanding each other.

My beef isn't with your 3 posts being separate. I am a combo poster myself, but I'm saying you fault Sal for behavior he didn't actually commit, but I'm officially beating a dead horse, I'll leave it be for now until others weigh in.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

I feel like we are two misaligned lego bricks or like a square peg and a triangular hole, at least with u nderstanding each other.

My beef isn't with your 3 posts being separate. I am a combo poster myself, but I'm saying you fault Sal for behavior he didn't actually commit, but I'm officially beating a dead horse, I'll leave it be for now until others weigh in.

I see the subtext of his posts differently, pretty clearly

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Squiggly posted:

I'm actually just addressing everything to mine as much content from you lazy deadline missing fuckers as possible

I technically didn't miss the deadline, I had my vote in. Your beef is not with me, but with people who didn't vote period.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

SalTheBard posted:

I technically didn't miss the deadline, I had my vote in. Your beef is not with me, but with people who didn't vote period.

I responded to you but was calling the whole thread out

See AA how you can respond to one thing but actually be referring to more

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I feel like you think your posts leave you more footing than they allow in terms of clarity.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OK, vote times after I unvoted Squiggly to set up the three way tie. To avoid timezone confusion I'm going to use time to deadline (TTD).

Starting state: Squiggly and AA voting each other, Hal voting TM.

-1:19 Sal votes TM. TM now lynch leader (LL) on 2.

-1:09 Ix votes Bee.

-0:50 Sober votes Hal.

[-0:47 Squiggly calls Ix's vote good but does not shift]

-0:05 Sober moves to AA. TM/AA now tied on 2.

-0:02 Squiggly votes Bee. Bee/TM now tied on 2.

-0:01 Sober votes Bee. Bee now LL on 3.

My observations:

1) Squiggly

If Squiggly is scum and AA is Town, moving to lynch an absentee scumbro over a Townie makes no sense. It's not worth it for the cred.

So if Squiggly is scum then by the above AA must be as well. This doesn't fly either, as they risked too much voting for each other. They could easily have found themselves in a position where they were the joint LLs. They would have been unable to switch votes at that point for anything other than to make a third party the sole LL, as doing so would have been killing themselves to save the person they'd just been voting for.

Logically, I must therefore presume that Squiggly is Town.

2) Ix

If Ix is scum, then he didn't have to vote Bee. He could as easily have agreed with Squiggly or AA and voted the other for a joint LL, or voted TM to lock TM in. If Ix is scum and TM is Town then this latter course is fine to good depending who the third scum is - there would have to be at least one Townie on TM and possibly two.

If Ix is scum and TM is scum, then Ix had three Town candidates to vote for rather than add his other scumbro into the mix. I don't see him doing that.

So Ix is in my mind definitely Town.

3) TM

If TM is Town, then from my perspective there must be two scum in AA, Hal and Sal. Two of them were voting for TM, so that seems obvious.

If TM is scum, then we're back to the argument that voting for a scumbro when you don't have to puts them in needless jeopardy. This goes double for Sal, as he put his bro into LL. That would logically mean that the remaining scum would have to be AA. Squiggly's going to be pissed because I'm creating another dichotomy between TM/AA and Hal/Sal, but I'm more concerned with removing hiding places at this stage.

##vote Hal

On balance I think of my three suspects he's the most likely to be scum. If TM is Town then he's 66% likely to be the hit. If not, then Hal was the first one on and got on when I was still voting for Squiggly; it was easier for him to be trapped into voting for a bro.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
That's the first good post you've made linking people because it's based on an actual flip and what happened leading up to it

My problem with your other posts was it was all based on hypotheticals

Why Hal over Sal, not that I have a true preference at this point. Hal is more a lurker lynch but so was b minus

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I'm also moving up TM on my list. Laid one vote on flam and has done nothing of note since. Said "I would vote jedit" with no reasoning and seems to be lurking hard since we're considering lurker lynches

I could see myself voting for TM to be honest at this point

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Side note I will not be here for deadline so don't be a bunch of donkeys or not show up

I'm seeing Secret Life of Pets 2. It was my friends choice. Yes, she is a chick

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Squiggly posted:

That's the first good post you've made linking people because it's based on an actual flip and what happened leading up to it

My problem with your other posts was it was all based on hypotheticals

Why Hal over Sal, not that I have a true preference at this point. Hal is more a lurker lynch but so was b minus

As I said: if TM is Town it's equally likely that Hal or Sal is scum, but if TM is scum it's easier to see scum Hal voting a bro to 1 than scum Sal making a bro LL with just over an hour to go.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Okay so why Hal over TM or AA?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Squiggly posted:

Okay so why Hal over TM or AA?

Gut, as much as anything. But the TM push came before the run on Bee, and if it is Hal/Sal then they could have left three Townies tied for lynch lead or even hopped onto separate people to guarantee a mislynch. I should reappraise the scenarios; I've been treating them all as equally likely, but they're not.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
That's why I'm asking because with TMs behavior Hal and Sal may be somewhat justified in their vote and still have had scum in the sights

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Plus I've pegged AA for scum since day 1 so yeah

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Yeah, OK.

How long has Hal been saying he wants to shoot AA? Did he start before the game began?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
He took a step back D2 with the TM vote but now back to AA for some reason

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Yet another townie filled deadline I see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I can't stay any longer, it's 1.10am here. With a max of two scum left I think it's better to consolidate the vote.

##unvote
##vote Sal

I won't make any suggestions of who to shoot - you should know by now.