Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol I skipped over this bit

quote:

Musk told a shareholder that Tesla is working on "road edge" and "curb" software to help the car handle temporary driving outside of traditional lanes more easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
musk should install bumper car edges and just bounce down the roads for full self driving

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

"driving outside the traditional lanes" is code for running into jersey barriers head on.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Vomik posted:

musk should install bumper car edges and just bounce down the roads for full self driving

That of course was his plan for the tunnel.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Powershift posted:

"driving outside the traditional lanes" is code for running into jersey barriers head on.

no it could also be pulling a gouranga on the sidewalk

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Somebody get musk on the phone immediately, i just came up with an idea that will double the capacity of his tunnels.

Install enough aero on the cars that they can drive upside down, and put a second lane on the roof of the tunnel.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Powershift posted:

Somebody get musk on the phone immediately, i just came up with an idea that will double the capacity of his tunnels.

Install enough aero on them that they can drive upside down, and put a second lane on the roof of the tunnel.

Why stop there when you can have one on each side?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

gschmidl posted:

Why stop there when you can have one on each side?

because i'm not that good at mspaint

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Powershift posted:

Product design driven by mspaint skills? Now you're thinking with Elon!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

guys I have an idea for a goon initiative

let’s pool our money and buy a few model 3s as robo taxis

then we reinvest the profits from the robo taxis into more robo taxis

eventually it will be infinite money and we can all quit our computer jobs

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Powershift posted:

If you send them down the tube in a spiral you don't even need the downforce because centripetal force will do the job for you. that will be one million dollars

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

the reduced contact patch on the wheels by using a perfectly circular tunnel will mean less rolling friction on the car and I am sure that will more than offset the additional miles from the spiral configuration

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

the best part about having the cars go in a spiral is that you can then also have two way traffic in the same tunnel! using elons trusted cloud driving platform will definitely prevent collisions!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Powershift posted:

"head-on, apply directly to the fire truck"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
sounds like a good time for musky to reinvent curb feelers

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

yeah that's on thing SV definitely needs more of is feelers

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

infernal machines posted:

ah, but teslas are magical and require no preventative maintenance, experience no wear and tear, and definitely don't need to have puke and hobo semen hosed out of them daily

there was a person in this very thread claiming that they don't ever need to replace the brakes on their tesla because the regenerative braking handles 100% of their vehicular stopping needs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Powershift posted:

instant convertible is a nice touch

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

there was a person in this very thread claiming that they don't ever need to replace the brakes on their tesla because the regenerative braking handles 100% of their vehicular stopping needs

lifetime* brakes

*yours, probably

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

it's not that sort of appreciation. eel muck says the cars will increase in value instantly, all at the same moment, when they unlock the self driving taxi system.

the value increase will be partly because of the new functionality, like if your car got a software update that added an ice cream truck mode, and partly just because of demand because everyone in the whole world will want one of these new ice cream truck cars and the factory won't be able to build them fast enough.

this is literally what he says.
The Tesla singularity

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/gkbeetner/status/1138837092824338432

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that was literally musk

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1078010341651492865

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

instant convertible is a nice touch

lol completely missed this

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

infernal machines posted:

lifetime* brakes

*yours, probably

Probably true for both yours and *whomp* the car's.

https://twitter.com/whistlerian1834/status/1081100581760974848

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

im "gbs council dot com"

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
he just means the car will burst into flames, crash itself or fall apart in other ways before the brakes get a chance to fail

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

oh wow, tesla/space x is going to make The Jump real

“it’s an eternity in there!”

jaunt

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Soiled Meat

FMguru posted:

between this and CRIP EATIN BREAD outing himself as an asl player in the educational videos thread, im beginning to suspect that yospos is actually a seething hive of horrible old nerds

hey im not that old

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

:negative:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

qirex posted:

I wonder if 10 years from now current teslas will even be around to be cheap junkers or will they just all be hazardous waste sequestered somewhere in the desert to occasionally explode harmlessly

they’ll be the new daewoo by then except even more dangerous to drive

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Powershift posted:

sometimes the fire truck is parked slightly off the paved road. they cannot be allowed to escape so easily.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Well how long is the estimated life of a Telsa? 6 months before it wraps itself around a tree or firetruck? Or maybe the suspension will just fall out.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Imagine replacing the once in a few years brake pad job with an annual disc resurfacing because your low-on-eau usage prevents adequate surface mating and results in grooves so deep you can play them on a turn table and hear Elon Musk singing "anotha one boites the daaaast"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Combat Theory posted:

Imagine replacing the once in a few years brake pad job with an annual disc resurfacing because your low-on-eau usage prevents adequate surface mating and results in grooves so deep you can play them on a turn table and hear Elon Musk singing "anotha one boites the daaaast"

'assa feecha not a bug

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

https://twitter.com/Tweetermeyer/status/1138680552444256256?s=19

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

hey im not that old
a/s/l?

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Ah yes pure profit on creating and maintaining a ride share app, why didn't someone think of that

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

I’m the driver who voluntarily gives 90% of my income to my boss cause I picked that setting, ama

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

My Linux Rig posted:

I’m the driver who voluntarily gives 90% of my income to my boss cause I picked that setting, ama

But what if you got 50% of whatever you give in TeslaCoin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

if u don't give a high + patriotic enough percentage then elon might not let you taxi for them as much as you'd like tho, maybe even firing you from their ride"sharing" network app or lowering your OTA firmware update priority

i'm thinking sort of like startups w/ "unlimited" vacation that's a trap, except actually voluntary