Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The Merkinman posted:

idgi
Did Kyle Maclachlan do something recently? Twin Peaks: The Return ended over a year ago.

It's a meme about Kyle stereotypes:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Had a young co-worker named Kylie, and she really was the female version of Monster Energy Kyle.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

100% believe a sub has been hosed and lol if you don’t think it has been decades since the first time.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dialhforhero posted:

100% believe a sub has been hosed and lol if you don’t think it has been decades since the first time.

I think that's why Arby's added that stipulation to their slogan

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

"Arby's, they won't even let me gently caress it"?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

More like

Arby's: The sauce is sandwich lube

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Why is this in a little grid?

It reminds me of the AI training captchas where you have to pick out street signs or something like that.

Are the AIs learning memes? :ohdear:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

foobardog posted:

It reminds me of the AI training captchas where you have to pick out street signs or something like that.

Are you a loving robot? Or a cop? Wth.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Select all squares with: memes

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

foobardog posted:

Select all the panels that make loss.jpg

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

LifeSunDeath posted:

Are you a loving robot? Or a cop? Wth.

Do not be alarmed fellow human.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Does this come in foot long

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Does this come in foot long

I'm sure you've come in plenty of foot longs

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

This is all pretty hosed up because I actually ate subway today for first time in months and my friend sent me that pic. I was laughing so hard but also barfing internally a bit.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I don't get the Calvin Zabo meme...

bike tory posted:

It's a meme about Kyle stereotypes:

Oh. I saw Monster, so I thought Mr. Hyde.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbWc-luAUFo

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I don’t understand the appeal of the “No one:” addition to otherwise funny memes. Especially if it gets elaborate like “Absolutely nobody in the whole loving universe:”

Just make a funny picture, you’re trying too hard.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Those can be a fun way to acknowledge that sometimes culture just seems to manifest with no clear or traceable origin beside "that's just the way things are." A lot of stuff in life you can armchair deduce or infer anthropological roots, but some stuff is so highly specific, yet so consistent, without any clear external pressures that it's fun to note them.

Example:

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I don’t understand the appeal of the “No one:” addition to otherwise funny memes. Especially if it gets elaborate like “Absolutely nobody in the whole loving universe:”

No one:
Me: I agree.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm not 100% across the kyle wall punching meme, but I kinda thought it came from some dude called kyle whos wife had a and he literally punched a hole in his drywall and pulled out a can of monster?

happened about a month ago- but like i said, not entirely across it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

Those can be a fun way to acknowledge that sometimes culture just seems to manifest with no clear or traceable origin beside "that's just the way things are." A lot of stuff in life you can armchair deduce or infer anthropological roots, but some stuff is so highly specific, yet so consistent, without any clear external pressures that it's fun to note them.

Example:

The no-one thing is a setupless joke, though, and usually the punchline could be replaced by just labelling the image. This joke in particular would work way better with any sort of indication of who the gently caress that image is supposed to offend or be interesting to.

Like, Bethesda rep: breathes / Dude in audience: WOOOOOO is a decent one because it puts "why is this supposed to be funny" in enough context to understand what is unusual about it, but that thing doesn't explain what a hypebeast even is or why one [ looking like that? / putting their hands in their pockets? / wearing sunglasses? ] is unusual.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
this is very cute

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Clockwork posted:

This is all YouTube comments are anymore, these made up two line conversations. Usually the second line is "hold my beer" or "take my money".

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Somfin posted:

The no-one thing is a setupless joke, though, and usually the punchline could be replaced by just labelling the image. This joke in particular would work way better with any sort of indication of who the gently caress that image is supposed to offend or be interesting to.

Like, Bethesda rep: breathes / Dude in audience: WOOOOOO is a decent one because it puts "why is this supposed to be funny" in enough context to understand what is unusual about it, but that thing doesn't explain what a hypebeast even is or why one [ looking like that? / putting their hands in their pockets? / wearing sunglasses? ] is unusual.

:goonsay:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Somfin posted:

"No one:" IS a set-up in the exact way I described-- whatever follows "No one:" is going to be some unusual, weirdly specific piece of cultural behavior that arose seemingly independent of other pressures, at least as far as the audience is aware.

The Asian hypebeast thing may not be funny to you, but I've known loads of dudes who just had that style and were completely dedicated to it despite having no reason to dress and pose that way. It's not mean-spirited as much as an observation from a specific POV. Thus the joke parses. I get if that example doesn't speak to your experience, but you seem to fundamentally misunderstand the construction of what the joke is conveying.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
No one:

Goons: This meme doesn't make any sense!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It can be widely misused but the no one: memes can be great. Its used to point out people doing their own thing, often something fairly weird, unasked for or slightly antisocial and (hopefully but not necessarily) fairly harmless. It's like "apropos of nothing, look how fuckin weird our cultures are"

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

CodfishCartographer posted:

No one:

:laffo:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

stitched together version

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

No one:

No one:

Goons: it would be better without words

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Holy poo poo this is real, wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

mind the walrus posted:

Example:

Pretty sure the meme answered "where it came from"