Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

who is the funniest Chicago Guy Garpax can bring in because he's a Chicago Guy? For me, it's Evan Turner or Derrick Rose.

They're definitely going to go hard after PatBev, who is going to need a restraining order from Boylen by the end of training camp

Imagining a Beverly/Arch of Dimes backcourt and getting worried about Jim's health. The human body can only get so jacked and juiced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

This is the offseason Chicago finally gets melo

Melo was a Bull in 2019

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

xbilkis posted:

They're definitely going to go hard after PatBev, who is going to need a restraining order from Boylen by the end of training camp

Imagining a Beverly/Arch of Dimes backcourt and getting worried about Jim's health. The human body can only get so jacked and juiced

i wouldn't mind this, i love pat bev and i think he could run Jim Boylen's system of yelling at people and elbowing them

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

Lebron + AD + better band of castoffs and 1 year contracts can absolutely make the playoffs and make some noise if they whiff on anything else, and I think that needs to be the bar. They don't need to be a contender but they need to be relevant.

I think this off-season has always been the make or break season for the Lakers and getting the trade done for AD (vs trying to use the "he'll sign here anyway" leverage) should really be a priority.

This is not a great season for upgrading the castoffs. There's soooo much money out there and so few good players after the top tier. Rondo might even be a tier 2 dude. Alex Caruso almost is must-return.

I don't disagree about it being priority to do this now, which is why I'm not one of these Lakers fans yelling about it being too much, but it isn't the ideal situation for them either.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

Boylen would get the vapers over Okafor's textbook post footwork and run the whole offense through him

Hey the Pelicans won some games doing this last year.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Rick posted:

Hey the Pelicans won some games doing this last year.

The Jrue Krewe was so fun.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

ad+lebron+nobodies probably doesn’t get them much higher than the third or fourth seed if neither one rests during the regular season which is pretty unlikely

they also don’t match up great against even the kd-less warriors and match up really really badly against the blazers

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

ad+lebron+nobodies probably doesn’t get them much higher than the third or fourth seed if neither one rests during the regular season which is pretty unlikely

they also don’t match up great against even the kd-less warriors and match up really really badly against the blazers

I think they could sign like, kemba/javale/(some sort of crappy guard from the suns in my ideal trade scenario where the suns get lonzo that can sort of shoot 3s)/someone with one of their exceptions and only need 2-3 minimum salary guys. I had it worked out on the shams cap thing but it wasn't loading as of like half an hour ago. But i only had kemba getting like 25MM which i know now isn't a max contract

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

hifi posted:

I think they could sign like, kemba/javale/(some sort of crappy guard from the suns in my ideal trade scenario where the suns get lonzo that can sort of shoot 3s)/someone with one of their exceptions and only need 2-3 minimum salary guys. I had it worked out on the shams cap thing but it wasn't loading as of like half an hour ago. But i only had kemba getting like 25MM which i know now isn't a max contract

Yeah, to make something like that work, they would need to sign Kemba before trading for AD.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/1138890499065032706

Fuzzy Wiggins is back!!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I guess it's not like it can really make his shooting any worse

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

"fro wiggs fro wiggs fro wiggs"
~ me, swimming back to wiggins island

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BasketballRehab/status/1139163958563282945?s=19

Yes absolutely no brainer ez trade

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

I like Rick's trade better.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

This dude's pinned tweet is

https://twitter.com/BasketballRehab/status/1067171026876989441

dunno what to make of it

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ScoopB/status/1139075174307958785?s=19 he's just reposting this dude but he forgot Hart

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

This is gonna be some more evidence for hair theory i think

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
I like Ingram a lot more than most it seems, if the Lakers could get Davis and not give him up then I'd jump all over it. Kuzma is never going to be a defender at an important defensive position and I don't fully trust his shooting, Hart is a solid rotation guy but the kind of player a contender can pick up for the MLE most off-seasons (assuming you have a competent front office), Ball is never going to be a playoff player unless he fixes his horrible shot.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Kuzma is a weird piece to covet if you're about to draft Zion, right?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/NickCarboniWCNC/status/1139187865794097153?s=19

Kemba's agent needs to lock him in a room for his own good.

Also agreed that LA should jump on that trade immediately

xbilkis posted:

I don't think they're all that similar and you could probably play them together for at least some stretches. I also think Kuzma is best as a bench guy anyway though.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

that’s a decent return and the lakers have to take it if they really want to keep ingram because there’s basically no other scenario that happens

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

This dude is the king of posting a million random bullshit tweets and then throwing himself a parade when he gets something close to right

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/NickCarboniWCNC/status/1139187865794097153?s=19

Kemba's agent needs to lock him in a room for his own good.

I still think they should let him walk but a full five-year regular max is the best Charlotte is going to do and would probably genuinely get him the most money he's going to get

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I mean they asked if he would do it to build a contender. He knows that’s not on the table.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If the Pels are offering me any trade where I get to keep either Ingram or Ball I’m snapping it up in a heart beat.

If that’s really their counter offer I can’t believe it’s not a done deal.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

TheBizzness posted:

If the Pels are offering me any trade where I get to keep either Ingram or Ball I’m snapping it up in a heart beat.

If that’s really their counter offer I can’t believe it’s not a done deal.

pelinka’s probably playing hardball since davis’ value is “tanked” and the knicks have suffered some sort of stroke that has rendered them unable to operate like a normal fuckin franchise

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

xbilkis posted:

MourningView posted:

I don't think they're all that similar and you could probably play them together for at least some stretches. I also think Kuzma is best as a bench guy anyway though.

Exactly, Zion's not going to play 48 minutes and I think that mostly locks Kuzma into his best role: Not having to play many minutes against high-offense starters. Playing some Kuzma-at-the-5 might be kinda fun too even if you give up a billion points.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I saw this at like 2:00 AM from Scoop B's account and didn't post it because it just seems too good to be true, even though Scoops is generally solid.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

tanglewood1420 posted:

I like Ingram a lot more than most it seems, if the Lakers could get Davis and not give him up then I'd jump all over it. Kuzma is never going to be a defender at an important defensive position and I don't fully trust his shooting, Hart is a solid rotation guy but the kind of player a contender can pick up for the MLE most off-seasons (assuming you have a competent front office), Ball is never going to be a playoff player unless he fixes his horrible shot.

Ingram already being an elite iso player while also being a really high ranked defender on various defensive stats makes me flummoxed that I have to defend him so much. Obviously his game has holes but people still act like he's Wiggins 2. I guess don't be bad in November every season since apparently most people lock their opinions in there.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

Exactly, Zion's not going to play 48 minutes and I think that mostly locks Kuzma into his best role: Not having to play many minutes against high-offense starters. Playing some Kuzma-at-the-5 might be kinda fun too even if you give up a billion points.

Kuzma at the five lineups were always a disaster for the Lakers but I think you can get away with Zion as center in some lineups even though he's like 6'6".

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Steven Adams might be playing for New Zealand in the fiba world cup his name was included in their player pool. Very intrigued to see how an offense with adams as the first option looks like

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

Kuzma at the five lineups were always a disaster for the Lakers but I think you can get away with Zion as center in some lineups even though he's like 6'6".

Kuzma at the 5 lineups were soooooooooooooo bad. But they also generally came when Lance "The Player That Convinced Me that Plus Minus Might Be Real Since You Can Always Just Add Negative Ten To The Lakers For Every Five Minutes He's On The Floor" Stephenson was on the floor which factored at least some. Also, post injury LeBron was not much better than Lance defensively.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lockback posted:

Yeah this makes sense. I guess I kinda meant it more like "It'd be weird if New Orleans was specifically pushing hard to convince LA to include a bench PF in the deal," especially if it's at the expense of getting Ingram

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

xbilkis posted:

Yeah this makes sense. I guess I kinda meant it more like "It'd be weird if New Orleans was specifically pushing hard to convince LA to include a bench PF in the deal," especially if it's at the expense of getting Ingram

They may not be high on Ingram or be spooked by the clotting issue, both of which are reasonable positions even though he's the young Laker player I personally think has the highest ceiling.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/jonjohnsonwip/status/1138828297683574785?s=19

hell yeah (though I don't fully trust this fucker)

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/deanondraft/status/1136652202632777729
so close

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Rick, your trade is coming true

https://mobile.twitter.com/fletcherwdsu/status/1139203535214665728?s=21&utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Beal with Zion and Jrue would be loving dope

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

MourningView posted:

Beal with Zion and Jrue would be loving dope

yeah this needs to happen now.

Honestly it kinda makes sense for the Wizards too. They'd almost assuredly be getting a high draft pick again next year, and that's what they need.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

That is pretty wild. I think NO is a pretty good team (better than the Lakers) if they can pull that off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

well griffin seems like he’s got a pretty good idea of how to construct a roster so here’s hoping nola actually manages to rebuild this time