Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

jisforjosh posted:

We made an executive decision this weekend as a couple

No we do not have kids

Never detach them. Just use them on the hose like a water balloon mace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Returned the tent with no issues. Picked up a new tent.

Eyeballing the Louisiana Pellet Grill. I have two grills right now (propane and charcoal) and was thinking of adding a dedicated smoker, but why not just get one grill that heats up quickly, has great flavor, can smoke things, and has digital temperature controls?

johnners 2.0
Mar 12, 2019

FogHelmut posted:

Returned the tent with no issues. Picked up a new tent.

Eyeballing the Louisiana Pellet Grill. I have two grills right now (propane and charcoal) and was thinking of adding a dedicated smoker, but why not just get one grill that heats up quickly, has great flavor, can smoke things, and has digital temperature controls?

I picked up a pellet grill, after being a long time charcoal fan boy. Similar tastes but 10x less bullshit. Sure, some days I love to gently caress around with the charcoal grill all day, but sometimes you just want to eat supper and get back to the summer nights.

Also the pellets that Costco has around here are a great value and have a better taste then others.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

johnners 2.0 posted:

I picked up a pellet grill, after being a long time charcoal fan boy. Similar tastes but 10x less bullshit. Sure, some days I love to gently caress around with the charcoal grill all day, but sometimes you just want to eat supper and get back to the summer nights.

Also the pellets that Costco has around here are a great value and have a better taste then others.

I got the traeger pellet grill from Costco a month ago (https://www.traegergrills.com/pellet-grills/pro-series-gen-1/select-bronze-pellet-grill). I picked this model because I have toddlers running around and didn't want to have to deal with external grease buckets.

I like it because it's easier to buy and store fuel than propane tanks. It's also really easy to start and shut down.

Everything I have made on it has come out great: burgers, sausage, whole chicken, chicken wings, and pork shoulder. It's been a great summer so far being about to come home, turn the grill on without much effort, know when it's at temp, and be done cooking within an hour. We don't eat much steak so I have not been in a position where I miss a hard sear. Food will still get grill marks.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

milkman dad posted:

I like it because it's easier to buy and store fuel than propane tanks. It's also really easy to start and shut down.

Huh? To operate my propane grill I turn a knob and press a button. Takes about 5 seconds until I have fire. I store my propane under the grill itself. It got to -30F in February and it works just fine.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Huh? To operate my propane grill I turn a knob and press a button. Takes about 5 seconds until I have fire. I store my propane under the grill itself. It got to -30F in February and it works just fine.

I find it easier to store spare sacks of wood pellets than spare propane tanks. In hindsight I could have probably ran a gas line to the gas grill I had. Still happy with my decision.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

milkman dad posted:

I find it easier to store spare sacks of wood pellets than spare propane tanks. In hindsight I could have probably ran a gas line to the gas grill I had. Still happy with my decision.

My parent's used to have a grill hooked up directly to the gas line. It was pretty neat but my dad liked his Weber better so just used that all the time.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The Weber grill is one of those perfect timeless designs like the blue jeans or the folding chair

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I have a Weber Spirit hooked up to our natural gas and I still want a Weber kettle.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
My parents had a Weber Kettle sitting unused beside their shed in the Manitoba weather for 25+ years. I took possession of it, cleaned up the grate and started using it. It's.. pretty neat!

pacerhimself fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 13, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yep! My dad's propane Weber has been around since I was a child. He just repainted it maybe 3 years ago and it looks brand new.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

These two make a good combination. Pbuc

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My gas grill is one of those huge shiny stainless steel ones and I grill at least three times per week and the propane tank lasts me all summer.

I just prefer to taste the heat, not the meat, and it takes 30+ minutes to get the Weber started and ready to cook.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Why don't they have Hank Hill branded propane?

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
In light of the horrible dairy calf abuses in the news, I want to point out that my Costco has Rumiano HUMANE CERTIFIED cheddar cheese. It tastes great.

PBUC

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

pacerhimself posted:

Ooh. Can you go on the Costco website to see if they sell items at your local 'Co? Because I would probably crush an entire tub of chickpea salad on my own.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
My local church doesn't sell Bitchin' Sauce but I just found out the Raley's down the street does while looking on Bitchin's website. PBUR

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

pacerhimself posted:

I'm glad it makes a good combination because it doesn't look like you have much else to eat in that fridge.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Renegret posted:

I'm glad it makes a good combination because it doesn't look like you have much else to eat in that fridge.

You're not wrong, but I've got fresh fruit and veggies not in the fridge and a freezer with plenty.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

DiggityDoink posted:

My local church doesn't sell Bitchin' Sauce but I just found out the Raley's down the street does while looking on Bitchin's website. PBUR

Raleys is a little bit more expensive than Safeway, but their variety/selection is quite good

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
went and got some paper products and a container of Butt Rub. Its good.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Going to go to a Costco I've never been to tomorrow.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Coscto joins frozen berry recall

Just in case anyone buys those. I have before but not in a long while.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Anybody know when/if the kamado grills show up in the 'co (unless they already did in which case I mad).

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I just got my kamado grill from Costco. When I check the website it says not found. I had to call the store and they had 5 left at my location so I went to go pick it up.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

They didn’t have the desitin butt paste today, I hope they stock it soon.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

They didn’t have the desitin butt paste today, I hope they stock it soon.

That’s good stuff but I have never seen it at our costco. 9/10 babies agree it’s good (that other baby is a jerk)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Best thing about Costco is that all the items you think you remember are located are actually pretty much exactly where you think they are. It's weird.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Best thing about Costco is that all the items you think you remember are located are actually pretty much exactly where you think they are. It's weird.

It messes me up when I go to a costco that has the sides flipped, like the food is on the left side when you come in and the household stuff on the right. Like a twilight zone episode

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

priznat posted:

It messes me up when I go to a costco that has the sides flipped, like the food is on the left side when you come in and the household stuff on the right. Like a twilight zone episode

I like to imagine this is what being left handed is like.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Make a list of what you want. Otherwise you'll spend 300-500 without realizing it.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Gatts posted:

Make a list of what you want. Otherwise you'll spend 300-500 without realizing it.

Alternatively

(don't really seriously it's so easy to accidentally blow like $800)

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Gatts posted:

Friend I am not an initiate in the church, I am merely making pilgrimage to an heretofore unvisited Church.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Got a Turkey pesto sandwich from the foodcourt today. Its greasy and delicious. Underrated as all hell imho.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bought the Louisiana Pellet grill. Father's day gift from my wife and myself and I have to sell my other two grills. Grilling and smoking all weekend.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chinatown posted:

Got a Turkey pesto sandwich from the foodcourt today. Its greasy and delicious. Underrated as all hell imho.

Yeah, those are pretty good. They suffer a lot though from having sat under the light for awhile.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Xaris posted:

ive bought those the past few summers, they're pretty good tho sometimes the outer balloons dont quite fill up as much.

I don't know if they print it on all of the directions: fill them underwater in a bucket/cooler full of water. It keeps the full ones from popping off so quickly so you don't end up with so many underfilled balloons.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

priznat posted:

yeah, though often theres somewhat of a coherent layout but sometimes they're flipped.

ive been to so many trader joes and while theres sometimes some patterns, its amazing how confusing one store to another often is. poo poo is disorienting. usually go to ones here in california but one of my favorite ones was when i stayed at an airbnb in boston near back-bay and went to that TJ which was some dingy basement that you have to take an escalator down to.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Chinatown posted:

went and got some paper products and a container of Butt Rub. Its good.

Heck, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

priznat posted:

But the food's supposed to be on the left????