Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
All the costcos that i’ve been to that have indoor food courts have them on the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

They're all Costco on the inside, and that's what counts.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Left fooders need to write 95 theses and have a proper schism imo

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Best thing about Costco is that all the items you think you remember are located are actually pretty much exactly where you think they are. It's weird.

The recently reorganzied mine a bit and screwed me up. Why are coffee filters next to dog food?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

durrneez posted:

All the costcos that i’ve been to that have indoor food courts have them on the right.

My local one has food on the left. I've been here a year and it still feels wrong.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

I'm getting mixed messages about bringing my dog to Costco...

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

El Jebus posted:

Lol sample packs for dog food. My lab would eat wood chips if it was in the bowl.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
When I was eating at the foodcourt yesterday I saw a guy wheeling out 5 foam surfboards, a boogie board, and a pack of beach toys. Tourist season is upon us.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Renegret posted:

But the food's supposed to be on the left????

Mods?!??

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Chinatown posted:

When I was eating at the foodcourt yesterday I saw a guy wheeling out 5 foam surfboards, a boogie board, and a pack of beach toys. Tourist season is upon us.

Helllllllll yeah

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

West Springfield, MA Costco was the most differently laid out Costco that I've ever been to (I've worshiped at 6 since joining the faith) but the 1/4 all beef hotdog and drink with free refill for $1.50 was still good & the onion grinder was full of onions

PBUC

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Also I bought a #10 can of cheese sauce. I don't know what I'm going to do with it but it was only $7 and I couldn't resist

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

For your sake, I hope that it's better than the Que Bueno nacho cheese sauce that is sold at costco. You enjoy that stuff no more than twice before regret sets in.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

For your sake, I hope that it's better than the Que Bueno nacho cheese sauce that is sold at costco. You enjoy that stuff no more than twice before regret sets in.

A friend is having a wicked rippah tomorrow so I assume it will be used somehow there

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Also I bought a #10 can of cheese sauce. I don't know what I'm going to do with it but it was only $7 and I couldn't resist

Get yourself some ribeyes and a meat slicer

Then fly to Philadelphia and get a decent roll get some rolls and make cheesesteaks.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Renegret posted:

But the food's supposed to be on the left????

Please don't try to cause a schism in the church over this. Both are acceptable as long as all can partake of the savings.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The Slack Lagoon posted:

A friend is having a wicked rippah tomorrow so I assume it will be used somehow there

I have no idea what that is so I'm just going to assume its like an orgy. But cheesier.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
It ain't easy bein' cheesy.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I’m gonna buy a long board, anyone grab any they sell?

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Xaris posted:

one of my favorite ones was when i stayed at an airbnb in boston near back-bay and went to that TJ which was some dingy basement that you have to take an escalator down to.

I work a block from that TJs, I'm in there every week and it's a good store.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
purchased an ipad pro from church for $50 cheaper than the apple store, pbuc

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!

El Jebus posted:

That's cool they had a pirate serving those samples

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

fordham posted:

I work a block from that TJs, I'm in there every week and it's a good store.

Nice. it was my first* time visiting the east coast and i really liked that area of boston and just being able to walk or hop on the T line and eat, do, and see lots of cool things. it was very cute. would def visit boston again. i like the pastie place nearby.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Hahaha, what's the use by time like after you open that sumbitch?

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib

belt posted:

Hahaha, what's the use by time like after you open that sumbitch?

Before the skin on top of it becomes fully solidified, I would imagine

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Nacho cheese fountain, obviously. If it's kept warm and never stops moving, it'll be good forever. Yeah, that's it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I’m gonna buy a long board, anyone grab any they sell?

I've ridden a few of the WaveStorm boards and they are super bouyant and great for learning. Also for poaching waves and pissing off everyone else in the lineup. :D

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Shooting at the location in Corona today :(

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

OK the "church" poo poo has finally gone too far

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Grem posted:

OK the "church" poo poo has finally gone too far

I actually know someone that worked there today. Apparently some dude with a mohawk got into an argument and started shooting. 1 dead three wounded.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I actually know someone that worked there today. Apparently some dude with a mohawk got into an argument and started shooting. 1 dead three wounded.

Also apparently the emergency doors didn’t work. People tried to use them and they wouldn’t open.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Oh, that’s the one I went to all the time until they built one closer to my house a few months ago

That’s not good

MarcusSA posted:

Also apparently the emergency doors didn’t work. People tried to use them and they wouldn’t open.

Info is always gonna be sketchy after an event like this but I’m guessing Costco uses time-delay emergency exit doors (hit the door and they don’t open for like 5 seconds to prevent people running out with merchandise) and the panicked shoppers didn’t stick around until they opened.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jun 15, 2019

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

FCKGW posted:

Info is always gonna be sketchy after an event like this but I’m guessing Costco uses time-delay emergency exit doors (hit the door and they don’t open for like 5 seconds to prevent people running out with merchandise) and the panicked shoppers didn’t stick around until they opened.

I have no knowledge about this whatsoever but that feels like a fire code violation.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

belt posted:

I have no knowledge about this whatsoever but that feels like a fire code violation.

They’re fairly common in retail. I looked up the code in CA and it’s commonly 15 seconds but not more than 30 seconds delay. They also unlock immediately if the sprinklers or fire alarm go off.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/us/corona-costco-shooting/index.html

quote:

Some people were also injured trying to flee the store, Edwards said.

Naveed Navi and Rochelle Flores were shopping for items for a barbecue when gunshots rang out, they told CNN affiliate KTLA.

They heard four shots and tried to escape through emergency doors, but they wouldn't open, the pair told the station.

"It's not very fun when you're scared and you're running for your life and you're trying to open a door that says 'emergency' and they don't open," Flores told the station. "Everybody was freaking out. People were falling over each other."

She described chaos and confusion as shoppers tried to flee through the front entrance. CNN could not immediately reach Costco officials.

"Everybody's running around," Flores said. "It's scary."

gently caress your retail, that door should open.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Yeah a lot of retail stores you have to hold the door push down for up to 30 seconds before the door will open. That poo poo has always invited a lawsuit in my opinion, and I’m guessing we’re about to find out.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Huge_Midget posted:

Yeah a lot of retail stores you have to hold the door push down for up to 30 seconds before the door will open. That poo poo has always invited a lawsuit in my opinion, and I’m guessing we’re about to find out.

I’ve seen this in airports too.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

quote:

"It's not very fun when you're scared and you're running for your life and you're trying to get through a door while the receipt checker looks over your cart and starts drawing a sad face on the back of your receipt. I don't want a cartoon, man, I want to live.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
My whole foods has started carrying bitchin sauce so I bought a tub after reading you all go nuts over it. I wasn't really impressed. Less flavor than hummus and a little harder to spread. I only tried the original flavor, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
you done hosed up homie, shoulda hit up that chipotle

edit: oh and get brocolli to dip in that mother jammer.

Taima fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 15, 2019