Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Dr.Smasher posted:

I think my main issue with the new DLC is that the Backburner is too goddamn big for a hub map.

I imagine they were moving all of sanctuary to the backburner but then they have some of the npcs in zone but outside of town so -shrug-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Death Blossom is also really good for Zer0. The damage scales with your melee modifier, which you're already trying to boost. It gets even better with Many Must Fall, of course, but I would check out the Death Blossom tree if you're having trouble.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Had no idea Crazy Earl is voiced by Randy Pitchford...

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Otacon posted:

Had no idea Crazy Earl is voiced by Randy Pitchford...
They gave Earl that Hitler-stache for a reason, you know.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
With access to a gaming PC, there's no compelling reason to get this on PS4 is there? I played Handsome Collection on it but got it before I had the PC.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

BizarroAzrael posted:

With access to a gaming PC, there's no compelling reason to get this on PS4 is there? I played Handsome Collection on it but got it before I had the PC.

I’d play it on the platform your friends are on.

But yeah I’d pick PC if that wasn’t an issue.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

BizarroAzrael posted:

If you have a PS4 might as well grab it anyways

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm trying out the new DLC with a boosted Salvador and nearly every fight I get into feels tooth & nail. Any suggestions (builds,mods,etc.) to make this some more fun?

Might switch to my 44 Gaige, didn't realize the game had cloud saves from when I played years back. Totally forgot what I was doing with her build-wise.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Yeah I started a boosted Gaige because I've never played one and its really hard.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I played through with an Anarchy Gaige and it's mostly not too hard except the snipers do way too much damage.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
New BL3 features I hadn't heard of:

• you can sell your loot to teammates. don't know who sets the price or any other specifics
  • guns now have cosmetic options, like skins and charms

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Rinkles posted:

New BL3 features I hadn't heard of:
  • guns now have cosmetic options, like skins and charms

I think I know what's going to be sold as DLC here.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Oxyclean posted:

I'm trying out the new DLC with a boosted Salvador and nearly every fight I get into feels tooth & nail. Any suggestions (builds,mods,etc.) to make this some more fun?

Might switch to my 44 Gaige, didn't realize the game had cloud saves from when I played years back. Totally forgot what I was doing with her build-wise.

My favorite Salvador skill is Money Shot which makes your last shot in a magazine kill almost anything. This is great because you're holding two guns in addition to all of the reload and fire rate bonuses you can stack. Salvador is exceptionally good with pistols which often have small magazines, fast fire rate, and fast reload. Eventually you can get to the point where you're permanently in gunzerker mode with regenerating ammo and you can just hold the mouse buttons down and run towards anything that's still moving. You'll want to keep moving and killing to maintain momentum.

I like to keep a slag pistol in the off hand like the Rubi and an appropriate elemental pistol in the main hand. Shotguns are also great for the run and gun playstyle. You can just dual wield 2 Torgue shotguns and explode everything while ignoring elements. There's two really good relics that I alternate between; one for shotguns and one for pistols. I can't remember the names but they're something like the Deputy Badge and the Sherrif's badge and I'm pretty sure you get them in Lynchwood.

I find the fast pace to be fun but it means you'll end up in fight for your life fairly regularly. If you have the skill where you stay in gunzerker mode while down then it's pretty easy to recover. The guys who run away or duck behind cover are a pain and sometimes I'll go down when there's only one enemy remaining.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Judge Tesla posted:

I think I know what's going to be sold as DLC here.

Why would you gently caress me on this?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Finished the DLC- there doesn't seem to be a way to make things work with events in the Pre-Sequel? Or at least the framing device. There's no mention of The Watcher, and it seems like no one has left Pandora yet, which TPS had it that Axton and Gaige went to find a vault on another planet and capture Aurelia there whilst Athena was being interogated. And Athena should have still been with the Raiders, I think.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

TPS in its entirety being retconned is not a bad thing

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
We don't know when the TPS framing device is actually set, do we?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

We don't know when the TPS framing device is actually set, do we?

it takes place on sanctuary, which gets destroyed in the lilith dlc, which presumably takes place right after you beat handsome jack/after dragon keep dlc.

so who knows.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
TPS' framing is sometime after Athena gets captured in Tales (not sure how it fits in relation to the last episode) and before this latest DLC as shown by the log where Brick chews Lilith out for how she handled Athena.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

‪LMFAO (again) at Randy Pitchford being a violent, spastic pedophile and habitual con artist that hosts pizzagate sex shows in his mansion, and at how every single game publisher and console distributor and digital store is too afraid to admit as much or confront him at all because Borderlands makes too much money to potentially lose.

this

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The free DLC was super Meh. Not impressed.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

They're not afraid, they just see no reason to throw away free money by developing morals and opposing a man that is the literal definition of someone else's problem.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I found it pretty neat that Hector spent quite a bit of time calling out Lilith for her poor leadership style and no awareness of strategy which caused Sanctuary to fall instantly, I can see why Roland's death really threw her for a loop, she had no idea at all how to be a leader and boy did her actions prior to this show that, she's lucky Mordecai stuck around.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

I found it pretty neat that Hector spent quite a bit of time calling out Lilith for her poor leadership style and no awareness of strategy which caused Sanctuary to fall instantly, I can see why Roland's death really threw her for a loop, she had no idea at all how to be a leader and boy did her actions prior to this show that, she's lucky Mordecai stuck around.

Has a person with 0 leadership skills I can related. When you are in charge, and you have not leader skills, stuff just rot or fall apart around you.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

If anyone was wondering, or was maybe put off by remembering Hero's Pass as a bit of slog, you can go and beat Jack and The Warrior with a boosted level 30 character just fine. The things to remember are, besides possibly not having built a skillset organically, you won't have any black market upgrades for storage so you might want to see about that first. All the sidequests are available, so Sanctuary is a sea of "!"s, and you can avail yourself of the golden chest for some quick gear upgrades. Probably good if you want to just skip 30 levels and develop a character.

That's as Zer0 mind, I remember struggling against the Warrior as Maya because her action skill didn't really work on it.

Edit: actually I'm wrong, the boosted characters have 2 levels in every black market upgrade.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jun 16, 2019

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Is there an update cheat engine table that includes the new item rarity?

And for that matter, did they increase the drops? I'm playing through again as Krieg and got a Hornet off Knuckle Dragger followed by a Bonus Package from each of Boom and Bewm.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I've been playing through pre sequel because it was free and I had never played it before and it's turning me off borderlands entirely.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Overbite posted:

I've been playing through pre sequel because it was free and I had never played it before and it's turning me off borderlands entirely.

Which part is the worst? The repetitive, artificially extended mission designs? The lack of good supporting characters?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Overbite posted:

I’ve got a bit over 100 hours on BL2 and 3hours in TPS. Bounced right off it and never went back.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I don't like how slow and floaty it all is, I don't like how every enemy I've found so far seems to spawn for way too long and just runs up and gets in my face, the writing is bad (a problem with all borderlands games), the whole oxygen thing seems pointless, none of the characters seem all that good. I have like 90 hours in BL2 and maybe 4 in this and im just not feeling it.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Which part is the worst? The repetitive, artificially extended mission designs? The lack of good supporting characters?

It was the comparatively boring encounters for me. BL2 had so many moments when you were overwhelmed with enemies coming from all directions and in TPS it seems like you rarely fight more than like 5 dudes at once.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Conversely I always miss double-jumps and buttslams when I go back to BL2.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I'd never done the DLC for the Pre-Sequel, but I'm really glad I went back to play it. Not only is the DLC really well done, but I'd forgotten how much fun the low gravity and jump pads and butt slams are. I also like the classes and skill trees a lot more in TPS, they definitely learned a lot from the base game and you get some really neat playstyles.

That first half of your first playthrough is a real slog, but after that the story picks up a bit and you start getting some interesting skills under your belt.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
TPS is a mess. Butt slams are great (and it looks like BL3 has them) but half the game takes place in an area that makes them impossible to do. The new gun types range from fine to unusable. There are no huge battles that let you really flex your abilities. The bosses kind of suck.

The one thing they do get right is the skill trees. They don't shy away from letting you feel powerful, and several of the characters are on par with Krieg and Gaige.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I thought 2 was worse than the 1 remaster and maybe equal with my memory of TPS. There's something about the weapon drop rates, enemy HP, and plain rarity weapon damage output that makes you never really feel powerful.

I assume we're never not having keys too, it seems like 1 had weapon stores and drop rates/plain weapon damage tuned with respect to that.

People earlier were complaining about unlocking weapon slots and I'd agree with the addition that it'd be nice if there was some kind of "veteran of the series" difficulty level where everything is unlocked and damage types are set to the later playthrough levels. Borderlands never hooked into me like a true diablolike so I don't get into the multiple playthroughs but stuff like damage types should be a 5 minute tutorial quest tops and not something you learn about the entire game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Solumin posted:

Butt slams are great (and it looks like BL3 has them)

What? Where'd you hear that?

No hovering or double jumps, though, right?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hope for BL3 they create some quick travel system. Destiny had the sparrow, and TPS had the weird low gravity jumps.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Tei posted:

I hope for BL3 they create some quick travel system. Destiny had the sparrow, and TPS had the weird low gravity jumps.

Yeah the amount of time you spend just walking between action segments or handing in quests stands out in BL2 (even if it's not as bad as in BL1).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Rinkles posted:

What? Where'd you hear that?

No hovering or double jumps, though, right?

In the moze gameplay videos there are bits where she jumps into the air and does like a falling melee attack with a charge up and a big impact. I assume it's a new thing cause it looks pretty different to the butt stomp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Honestly at least in 1 it was only annoying prior to unlocking the fast travel(which admittedly happens a lot later in the game than it should*)

*though that can be said about almost every system in the game