Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The SI unit of elastance is the reciprocal farad (F). The term daraf is sometimes used for this unit, but it is not approved by SI and its use is discouraged. The term is formed by writing farad backwards, in much the same way as the unit mho (unit of conductance, also not approved by SI) is formed by writing ohm backwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

goblin week posted:

The SI unit of elastance is the reciprocal farad (F). The term daraf is sometimes used for this unit, but it is not approved by SI and its use is discouraged. The term is formed by writing farad backwards, in much the same way as the unit mho (unit of conductance, also not approved by SI) is formed by writing ohm backwards.

Oh! This cursed Ograbme

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol i got this one randomly

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

Krankenstyle posted:

lol i got this one randomly

such wow

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Classification inconsistencies
The term is somewhat imprecise, as it does not take into account the various mill streams and proportions that are combined and ultimately constitute the product's final composition. As a consequence of this inconsistent terminology, difficulties are encountered when ascertaining nutritional value and establishing economic worth. Wheat midds are sometimes referred to negatively as "floor sweepings" although such products are generally captured long before they would end up on the floor.

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

Description
English: Airedales being the cool terriers they are. The King of Terriers

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
do you think you can hang with the dirtiest dudes in town?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

why are they in front of an open fridge?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Krankenstyle posted:

why are they in front of an open fridge?

to stay cool

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

fishmech posted:

to stay cool

omg

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
McLean himself praised the parody, even admitting to almost singing Yankovic's lyrics during his own live performances because his children played the song so often.[37][38]

lol

e: the bottom of the article has this as its sole "see also":

FMguru fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 14, 2019

drwiii
Aug 23, 2005

You guessed it: Frank Stallone.
Abstraction (mathematics): Revision history

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Such practices have been strongly criticized by classical homeopaths as unfounded, speculative, and verging upon magic and superstition.[87][88]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Soricidus posted:

Such practices have been strongly criticized by classical homeopaths as unfounded, speculative, and verging upon magic and superstition.[87][88]

:cawg:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
water is magical but not in that way

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Suspicious posted:

water is magical but not in that way

I looked it up, that wikipedia quote actually refers to the practice of writing down the homeopathic recipe on a piece of paper and pinning that to a patient's clothes. If you then drink water it has just as much of the substance as when you use 'classical' homeopathy.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

everyone keeps mocking homeopathy without even knowing know how the protocol works ffs. it's not just dilution.

you take the active ingredient like strychnine or bee venom, make a solution in alcohol, dilute it 10:1 or 100:1 with water, and succuss it (bang the bottle on the table) several times. the impact causes the water molecules to align with the molecules of the active ingredient, retaining an imprint of the ingredient's energy signature. each time you repeat this process, further water molecules align with the ingredient even more strongly, increasing the overall potency.

god

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

everyone keeps mocking homeopathy without even knowing know how the protocol works ffs. it's not just dilution.

you take the active ingredient like strychnine or bee venom, make a solution in alcohol, dilute it 10:1 or 100:1 with water, and succuss it (bang the bottle on the table) several times. the impact causes the water molecules to align with the molecules of the active ingredient, retaining an imprint of the ingredient's energy signature. each time you repeat this process, further water molecules align with the ingredient even more strongly, increasing the overall potency.

god

poo poo that’s why it hasn’t been working

thanks for the tip, professor

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

god

Dammit now I got a dent in my table. I'll be sending the bill your way.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
which Bill?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
send Brasky

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

god

more like >1000000000000000:1 and you bang it on a bible

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

smack it around with a roald dahl 2 get peach flavor

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol someone is mad at niven

Pierson's Puppeteers are described by Niven as having two forelegs and a single hindleg ending in hoofed feet, and two snake-like heads instead of a humanoid upper body. They would not be able to carry something as simple as a rock and see where they are going. The heads are small, containing a forked tongue, rubbery lips rimmed with finger-like knobs, and a single eye per head. The Puppeteer brain is housed not in the heads, but in the "thoracic" cavity well protected beneath the mane-covered hump from which the heads emerge. They are described by their creator as using the "mouths" to manipulate objects, as a humanoid uses hands. This is unlikely to be possible, as they would not be able to hold something with the two mouth hands and look at it at the same time. The concept of them being toolmakers is deeply flawed, lacking any critical thought. They would be less functional than a one armed man. Their necks as described would have no strength as there is no leverage. There is also no way they could walk other than like a one legged man on crutches. Niven often makes references to wearing gloves while talking, pressure suits, drinking carrot juice from a glass, reading, using tools as though they have arms and hands. None of this is possible.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
boy I hope someone got fired for that blunder

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/wiki_tmnt/status/1140480825705693184

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol someone is mad at niven

Pierson's Puppeteers are described by Niven as having two forelegs and a single hindleg ending in hoofed feet, and two snake-like heads instead of a humanoid upper body. They would not be able to carry something as simple as a rock and see where they are going. The heads are small, containing a forked tongue, rubbery lips rimmed with finger-like knobs, and a single eye per head. The Puppeteer brain is housed not in the heads, but in the "thoracic" cavity well protected beneath the mane-covered hump from which the heads emerge. They are described by their creator as using the "mouths" to manipulate objects, as a humanoid uses hands. This is unlikely to be possible, as they would not be able to hold something with the two mouth hands and look at it at the same time. The concept of them being toolmakers is deeply flawed, lacking any critical thought. They would be less functional than a one armed man. Their necks as described would have no strength as there is no leverage. There is also no way they could walk other than like a one legged man on crutches. Niven often makes references to wearing gloves while talking, pressure suits, drinking carrot juice from a glass, reading, using tools as though they have arms and hands. None of this is possible.
00:59, 17 June 2019‎ DragonflySixtyseven talk contribs‎ 22,880 bytes -757‎ if you want to complain about the implausibility of a given xenobiology, there are many publications in which you can do so. Wikipedia is not one of them.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i loving hate that guy

you hear that, dragonflysixtyseven, monitoring this thread to constantly remove all the fun from the site? you loving suck.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lmao he absolutely reads this

dragonflysixtyseven is easily the most pathetic yosposter

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
here is a powerfully cursed wikipedia page

quote:

These don't typically cause me stress. If anything on WP causes me stress, it's vandals (well, and edit conflicts, and server problems).

I try to mediate conflicts, to come up with a mutually agreeable solution. Some individuals are resistant to that, and become more and more agitated; for such cases, if they don't storm off in a huff, and instead choose to wreak havoc, the regrettable solution is to issue a temporary block. That's a last resort, of course, following a proper RfC.

If something on WP annoys me, I get up, walk around, read a novel, eat an apple, call my girlfriend, play with the neighbor's dog... if it's something that requires my attention, I take the time to construct a proper response.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/wiki_tmnt/status/1140680832983556096

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Furry Alien Support based on what I've seen from this editor about the place (many times), will make good admin. Alf melmac 21:49, 2 October 2005 (UTC)

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Alf melmac, because Gordon Shumway was too deep a cut

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Bungie's Frank O'Connor has described the Chief as "so quiet and so invisible, literally, that the player gets to pretend they're the Chief. The player gets to inhabit those shoes [and] apply their own personality."[12] Bungie concept artist Eddie Smith described Master Chief as "pretty much the consummate professional. He does his job, walks off, doesn't even get the girl, he's that cool he doesn't need her."[13]

lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
bungie concept artist eddie smith clearly did not work on halo 4 or later (not entirely his fault, the franchise got moved to a new studio)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Bungie's Frank O'Connor has described the Chief as "so quiet and so invisible, literally, that the player gets to pretend they're the Chief. The player gets to inhabit those shoes [and] apply their own personality."[12] Bungie concept artist Eddie Smith described Master Chief as "pretty much the consummate professional. He does his job, walks off, doesn't even get the girl, he's that cool he doesn't need her."[13]

lol

his armor jerks him off, doesn't it?