Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

CottonWolf posted:

Actually, Barret.

(Cloud x Tifa is the best ship.)
Cloud x Yuffie is adorable. Probably the only good thing in her life since the time Shinra invaded her homeland and killed her friends and mother* and turned her country into a resort. Forever disgracing her legendary monster dad in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

She's 16.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Cloud x Yuffie is adorable. Probably the only good thing in her life since the time Shinra invaded her homeland and killed her friends and mother* and turned her country into a resort. Forever disgracing her legendary monster dad in the process.

I don't know if she thought it was all that great because she's trying to tell him about her crush and he is just ice cold stonewalling her.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They both lost friends, so that is probably why. Cloud is still pretending to be Zack, so maybe something was lost in translation.

The date at the Saucer. She initiated it. It's a Japanese game, I don't know how they behave around age differences.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 15, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

CottonWolf posted:

Actually, Barret.

(Aeris x Tifa is the best ship.)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
cloud x aerith is the most textually supported

but im not cloud so it's barret time baby

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

cloud x aerith is the fakeout, cloud x tifa is the relationship the entire plot of the game as well as the characters of tifa and cloud is built around

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

it's been known for a while that he was beating aeris to death, which is why barret knocks his rear end out

oh, that makes her leaving the party afterward a lot darker

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I would point to things in the Japanese that say Cloud will lose "the most important thing/person" to him in the Japanese, as well as just their instant chemistry and joke-y nature when compared to how Cloud and Tifa talk to each other. Their Gold Saucer dates really showcase this because Cloud at least gives Aerith some sorta response iirc, but really just walls Tifa out.

I love Tifa and it's undeniable that they have confused feelings for each other and that they gently caress before entering the North Crater, but I feel thematically it fits as Tifa kinda being the """"loser"""", paralleling how it's never clear in original FF7 if Aerith and Zack had a relationship or if Zack was just an unrequited love that Aerith had

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah, but Tifa and Cloud are BOTH losers

Like, yeah, obviously there were feelings there from Cloud to Aerith but she dies deader than death so Cloud has to move on. Also Cloud was pushing Tifa away because he was afraid of her realizing the truth/was himself confused about the truth and then they work it all out together and that's great!!!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Remake the fanfic wars

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The primary reason Cloud wields the Buster Sword is for its use in stimulating him anally. The massive girth and the blunt edges are enough to satisfy his anal curiosity without the mess or the inconvenience of interacting with another human being.

This explanation is why he is so nonplussed when engaging with the patrons of the Honeybee Inn, as he does not feel the various men entering his anus during the entire event.

They say in the FF7 Expanded Universe that Cloud Strife has an alter ego he goes by: Kirk Johnson.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It's better than the Nail Bat

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the gently caress is wrong with you

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shoutout to all the people that shipped cid and vincent for some reason

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Endorph posted:

That pairing seems abusive as gently caress considering Cid's abusive past and Vincent's passive nature.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Mega64 posted:

The primary reason Cloud wields the Buster Sword is for its use in stimulating him anally. The massive girth and the blunt edges are enough to satisfy his anal curiosity without the mess or the inconvenience of interacting with another human being.

This explanation is why he is so nonplussed when engaging with the patrons of the Honeybee Inn, as he does not feel the various men entering his anus during the entire event.

They say in the FF7 Expanded Universe that Cloud Strife has an alter ego he goes by: Kirk Johnson.

:yikes:

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Endorph posted:

I asked about this once. The origin seems to be that they share a room in the Gold Saucer and just kind of grew from there.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
speaking of Cid, his massively abusive relationship with Shera has uh, not aged well either.

I mean, okay, "massively" is debatable but it's absolutely abusive and unhealthy.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I guess Cid/Vincent could work as a dom/sub thing.

e: Like, I can't see a Cid/Vincent relationship working as anything beyond a purely sexual relationship. They're both wildly different, and I can't really envision a scenario where Cid has actual respect for Vincent.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 15, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I will say that in the Japanese, Cid doesn't swear nearly as much, calling Sherra something like "idiot" or "blockhead", the English script just fake censors his words. What he's saying is pretty much the same, but his language is boosted. Barrett also gets his particularly badly. Him being cool, tough and joke-y in the remake trailers makes me very happy.

the remake is going to own

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Sapozhnik posted:

speaking of Cid, his massively abusive relationship with Shera has uh, not aged well either.

I mean, okay, "massively" is debatable but it's absolutely abusive and unhealthy.

it's supposed to be abusive, cid is extremely bitter towards her and shera feels incredibly guilty and thinks she basically destroyed his life's work. it was never meant to be an example of a healthy relationship, it's just that when people played it and were like, 12, it kind of flew over their heads and they just thought cid had funny dialogue.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mega64 posted:

e: Like, I can't see a Cid/Vincent relationship working as anything beyond a purely sexual relationship.
i think this might be the appeal

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mega64 posted:

e: Like, I can't see a Cid/Vincent relationship working as anything beyond a purely sexual relationship.

Welcome to like 98% of all ships.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Endorph posted:

i think this might be the appeal

The problem is Vincent seems the sort who'd just lay there during sex, bored as gently caress and waiting for it to be over so he can go back to brooding. I'd argue he's the worst lay in the whole game, and possibly the franchise.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Reads last page of posts.

Votes thread "1".

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
nah, I'm being dumb

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CottonWolf posted:

Actually, Barret.

(Cloud x Tifa is the best ship.)

cloud x cait sith imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mega64 posted:

The problem is Vincent seems the sort who'd just lay there during sex, bored as gently caress and waiting for it to be over so he can go back to brooding. I'd argue he's the worst lay in the whole game, and possibly the franchise.
there is no way that irvine isnt the worst lay in the franchise

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mega64 posted:

vincent would tell you call him lucrecia

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You aren't here to gently caress Vincent, you're here to gently caress Chaos.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Endorph posted:

seymour

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

YggiDee posted:

You aren't here to gently caress Vincent, you're here to gently caress Chaos.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Endorph posted:

Good point, as he'd be bumbling and incompetent and would make an early errant shot. At least you kinda know what you get with Vincent, while Irvine is just going to disappoint after all his bluster.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

And then he would cry.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

But will vinnie still have skating Jason voorhes as a limit

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Endorph posted:

It's not the sex with Irvine, which would probably be fine on its own, it's how he'd get super emotional afterwards and just bug you for hours asking what he can do to help around the house, do you want an omelette, need help with laundry, ffffffucking hell just get your goddamn dumb hat and leave and let me regret this alone you pathetic sadsack