Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Samuel Clemens posted:

What does the Aegis Shield get you in this run though? Magic attacks aren't a problem once you have Bard and White Mage, and your only shield bearer is going to be Berserker anyway.

A 33% chance to no-sell anything and everything in the game quantified as magic is absurd even if your only shield user is a Berserker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I just don't see how it saves you any time. Maybe a few seconds if you block Exdeath's Condemn, but otherwise?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Mostly an extra layer of safety for when random encounters nearly wreck you, a la what nearly happened with Yagamoth when he was already low on HP.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

[4:45 PM] KataraniSword: "oh we're in the world 2 doldrums," I thought, "I can go to the grocery to get dinner for tonight"
[4:45 PM] KataraniSword: suddenly we're fifth job and dd made the shield burn again

Never blink when The Run is happening, I swear.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The Run is always so good. :kimchi:

Jenja healing the wind crystal after hitting it with a Maelstrom was funny.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Forgot about the Fiesta run. How much time do I have (estimated) before I need to get my wind shrine save up?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

The hell is going on with Yaga?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Deki posted:

Forgot about the Fiesta run. How much time do I have (estimated) before I need to get my wind shrine save up?

A couple hours.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Deki posted:

Probably a few hours for the first winner, and apparently they're trying to get it started after the first winner.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

itskage posted:

The hell is going on with Yaga?

He was so far ahead he decided to pause and let everyone catch up.

(Really though no one knows why he had to take a break).

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Well that's unfortunate

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Hype for this. Gonna go with the Butes toxx first and maybe some of the TC ones depending on my roll.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Naming Bortz Butes for the first run.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
First player has entered the rift

e: lol nevermind he forgot to grab all the legendary weapons

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Bowie dispelled Berserk off Omniscient, oops!

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I've never beaten FF5 before, so I'm desperately trying to cram all of the knowledge I can glean out of this stream before the start. So far what I've learned is to pay attention to Dragondarch for tips on things not to do, then have it all turn out pretty okay anyway.

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

It's not a terribly hard game until you artificially limit yourself to challenge runs or speed runs. On the other hand there are a ton of jobs and being forced to focus on ~4 of them can be the needed encouragement to actually complete the story.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Asimov posted:

It's not a terribly hard game until you artificially limit yourself to challenge runs or speed runs. On the other hand there are a ton of jobs and being forced to focus on ~4 of them can be the needed encouragement to actually complete the story.

Yeah, I've always derailed in world 2 after stopping to grind for hours getting job skills. I think one time I made it to the third world somehow. Should be good for me to focus in and finish with fewer jobs to master.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

DD whiffs the insta-death Release (75% hit rate) and dies to Twintania, last save was before Helicarnassus

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Sage Grimm posted:

DD whiffs the insta-death Release (75% hit rate) and dies to Twintania, last save was before Helicarnassus

DD went from my least favorite to most favorite racer now that we're starting from the first runner finishing.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I don't think the starting after the first runner was confirmed. It was just an off-hand comment by elmagus.

Aside from Jenja, everyone's in the Void though, so it shouldn't take too much longer.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I've never played an FF game in my life but a combination of talking to OFS in a discord I'm in and seeing your banner ad has brought me here.

Although I know nothing about this, the game seems fun.

I found a tavern before I got to the wind shrine that had dancers and a pipe organ. I'm assuming if I play more organs I get better at playing them.

I finished the wind shrine and quicksaved ready to start this thing. Some creepy wizards explained what a job is and I think I understand how to do this challenge. I need to ask the twitter bot which of the jobs I need to use when it starts, and then all four of my goobers have to be that thing right?

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 17, 2019

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Azza Bamboo posted:

I'm assuming if I play more organs I get better at playing them.

Yes, and once you've mastered the piano, it's :getin: time (if you get the right job).

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Yagamoth has completed The Run with a time of 10:34:XX

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yagamoth finished. Dragondarch and Bowie both going into the final fight shortly. Jenja just now entering the void.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
You guys like weird pledges, right?

For each goon that beats NED and also posts a FFV themed level they made in the SMM2 thread, I will donate $10 to a maximum of $200.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Terribly unlucky Grand Cross for Bowie. Shame, because he was doing a great job catching up in the last half-an-hour.

He should be done in 5 minutes though. With Yaga and Dragondarch already having finished, that leaves only Jenja, and he's at Azulmagia. So the Run will be over soon.

Edit: Nevermind, Jenja wiped against Azulmagia. :eng99: Guess we're in it for the long haul.

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 17, 2019

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Terribly unlucky Grand Cross for Bowie. Shame, because he was doing a great job catching up in the last half-an-hour.

He should be done in 5 minutes though. With Yaga and Dragondarch already having finished, that leaves only Jenja, and he's at Azulmagia. So the Run will be over soon.

Edit: Nevermind, Jenja wiped against Azulmagia. :eng99: Guess we're in it for the long haul.

RK said that the Fiesta should be started within the hour.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Very exciting. Hopefully I'm able to start streaming next weekend, it depends on whether I get a desk by that time or not. I need people to watch me fumble my way through a game I understand nothing about. :v:

Ritznit fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 17, 2019

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Jenja hit exhaustion and Released the Level 5 Death he'd been holding against a Twintania that Tidal Waved 7-8 times in a row.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Now begins the f:f5: fiesta.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
while we're waiting, some fanart

x

x

x

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ritznit posted:

Very exciting. Hopefully I'm able to start streaming next weekend, it depends on whether I get a desk by that time or not. I need people to watch me fumble my way through a game I understand nothing about. :v:

Hell yeah, I'm here for it

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
My impressions of the game so far

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Azza Bamboo posted:

Art? :allears: this gonna be magical.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Azza Bamboo posted:

Oh this is delightful

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I'm dead. The run killed me. :vince:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Great end to The Run, NED kills off Jenja's entire team except for Berserk Krile with Meteor and Comet. Krile winds up straight afterward and slams NED dead.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Ha ha ha, that was an amazing ending.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RudeCreativeMetalPicoMause

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sage Grimm posted:

Great end to The Run, NED kills off Jenja's entire team except for Berserk Krile with Meteor and Comet. Krile winds up straight afterward and slams NED dead.

After Krile had refused to attack for something like 8 or 9 turns in a row due to chicken knife procs.