Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

a game where being sober and intelligent is a requirement isn't a fun game imho

when did i have such a schtick?

e: I mean i've drunk-posted itt about wanting to turn the world into the movie Equilibrium and such but I'm pretty sure i've never been so drunk to advocate for leftist ideals.

Jesus Christ I just cannot stop confusing you with spit on my clit. That's my bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Flight 93 only crashed because the passengers stormed the cockpit. So it's not really fair to give the hijackers all the blame

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Tubgoat posted:

Jesus Christ I just cannot stop confusing you with spit on my clit. That's my bad.

It's honestly kind of funny how mad i got that you said that, I thought I'd been pretty consistent in my character and was like "oh god did i slip up somewhere".

i mean... you're god drat right it's your bad! keep your bad posters properly sorted in the future.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
No one should ever play DnD sober. Ideally, you would play another, better RPG inebriated but DnD loving sucks and only approaches fun when everyone is just ignoring the rules anyway and playing imagination.

We had a few sessions of Call of Cthulhu where seeing/reading/etc lovecraftian mind-warping poo poo meant you would take drinks, that was fun.

Also, social media is the best thing to ever happen to tabletop gaming in a new town/as someone without nerd friends because you can stalkvet potential groups to figure out if they're seem likeable or not.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 02:29 on Jun 14, 2019

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

It's honestly kind of funny how mad i got that you said that, I thought I'd been pretty consistent in my character and was like "oh god did i slip up somewhere".

i mean... you're god drat right it's your bad! keep your bad posters properly sorted in the future.

It used to be understandable when you both had the PYF cat. It looks like your duck has been sticking around.

Hey AV buying guy get this guy another rear end! You don't actually have to enjoy his posting to do it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

doverhog posted:

It used to be understandable when you both had the PYF cat. It looks like your duck has been sticking around.

Hey AV buying guy get this guy another rear end! You don't actually have to enjoy his posting to do it.

do not believe this charlatan. The curse will apply to your soul if you buy me an av. You will be known for eternity as someone who enjoys my posting.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

do not believe this charlatan. The curse will apply to your soul if you buy me an av. You will be known for eternity as someone who enjoys my posting.

phuo: i enjoy your posting

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

phuo: i enjoy your posting

i thought i dreamed someone posting this. I don't know how to react now that it's confirmed to be real. unless i'm still dreaming

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Batman Begins was better than The Dark Knight.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Resting Lich Face posted:

Batman Begins was better than The Dark Knight.

The one with mr freeze was better than all of them. Christan bale is a poo poo bat man because of what they did with he voice

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Batman Ninja is the best Batman movie

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

The one with mr freeze was better than all of them. Christan bale is a poo poo bat man because of what they did with he voice

That's fair. I am mostly just talking about the Nolan ones. Personally I think the darker and edgier superhero aesthetic works really well with Batman but it definitely got old by Dark Knight Rises, which of the three is definitely the one that should be forgotten rather than Begins.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Origin superhero movies are the absolute worst because anyone going to see the stupid movie knows the back story. Also the only good superhero movies were the first Superman because it was tongue-in-cheek and Deadpool for the same reason.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I don't agree. You can't go dark and edgy with a "superhero" whose entire premise is not killing the enemy. The voice appropriate for such a "hero" is a high pitched whine that makes you want to give the speaker a swirly.

e: my main problem with batman is he's just some loving guy. He puts on his costume and fights crime but there's nothing special about him except his money. He's the character Kickass, except better funded and has better mentors than nicholas cage and mclovin.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 03:14 on Jun 15, 2019

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Batman Ninja is the best Batman movie

Honestly that's not a high bar to clear. Going down theatrically-released Batman movies:

'66 Batman -- fun feature-length episode of the show, but like the show it's all superficial 6/10

'89 Batman -- honestly a total mess structurally, it's kind-of amazing the production design and Keaton/Nicholson were strong enough to carry it 6/10

Mask of the Phantasm -- solid, but underwhelming for the pedigree 7/10

Batman Returns -- the best or second-best of them, but still kind-of a weird episodic thing that never gels into anything cohesive 8/10

Batman Forever -- competent as camp, but Two-Face is a waste of space and the "will I be Batman...forever!?" plot is nonsense 5/10

Batman & Robin -- one of those once-in-a-lifetime camp trainwrecks you have to see at least once, but not "good" by any technical definition; still fun if you're in the right mood but you're laughing at it, not with it 2/10 taken straight (pun unintended), 9/10 as an irony watch

Batman Begins -- probably the best overall, still kind-of goes to crap in the third act with the microwave bomb and it has Bale-voice 7/10

The Dark Knight -- nowhere near as good as you remember, but Ledger's Joker is a hell of a thing 7/10

The Dark Knight Rises -- even more disappointing than you remember 4/10

Batman v Superman -- once-in-a-lifetime trainwreck, but not fun in any way 2/10

The Lego Batman Movie -- perfectly adequate at what it wants to be, a solid line drive up the plate but it's too self-referential to get close to 7/10

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

e: my main problem with batman is he's just some loving guy. He puts on his costume and fights crime but there's nothing special about him except his money. He's the character Kickass, except better funded and has better mentors than nicholas cage and mclovin.

Suburban boys love him because he's a privileged dude who spends his nights in his parent's basement on his computer in a fetish suit, ready to either beat up scary poor people or go gently caress a woman in a fetish suit. It speaks to them.

For real I remember reading ages ago that market research found that Batman was super-popular in suburbs but Superman was more popular in poor areas where being strong enough to affect your environment and shrug off bullets would be a huge boon.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

heck off with this "irony watch" stuff. Batman & Robin is just good. There is nothing ironic about it, it just owns.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Batman v Superman was a bad movie, but I think the voice modulation was the best choice for his bat voice and Nolan should have done the same thing

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

mind the walrus posted:

Honestly that's not a high bar to clear. Going down theatrically-released Batman movies:

'66 Batman -- fun feature-length episode of the show, but like the show it's all superficial 6/10

'89 Batman -- honestly a total mess structurally, it's kind-of amazing the production design and Keaton/Nicholson were strong enough to carry it 6/10

Batman Returns -- the best or second-best of them, but still kind-of a weird episodic thing that never gels into anything cohesive 8/10

Batman Forever -- competent as camp, but Two-Face is a waste of space and the "will I be Batman...forever!?" plot is nonsense 5/10

Batman & Robin -- one of those once-in-a-lifetime camp trainwrecks you have to see at least once, but not "good" by any technical definition; still fun if you're in the right mood but you're laughing at it, not with it 2/10 taken straight (pun unintended), 9/10 as an irony watch

Batman Begins -- probably the best overall, still kind-of goes to crap in the third act with the microwave bomb and it has Bale-voice 7/10

The Dark Knight -- nowhere near as good as you remember, but Ledger's Joker is a hell of a thing 7/10

The Lego Batman Movie -- perfectly adequate at what it wants to be, a solid line drive up the plate but it's too self-referential to get close to 7/10

I haven't seen all of these, but enough to find your thoughts agreeable. I guess I need to watch the lego batman movie.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

mind the walrus posted:

Justice League Batman?!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3KDnrGdpNZY

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

Justice League Batman?!

Also where are The Killing Joke and Batman vs TMNT?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Skratchez posted:

Anime doesn’t count.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The Universal Monsters Dark Universe could’ve had potential.

Just make fun modern takes on old campy monster movies and spend some time building up before you start trying to tie poo poo together. All these failed universe attempts seem to forget that Hulk and Cap didn’t show up in Iron Man 1.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

All these failed universe attempts seem to forget that Hulk and Cap didn’t show up in Iron Man 1.

You know what'd be even more awesome than another successful cinematic universe? Actually original content coming out of Hollywood for once.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

mind the walrus posted:

This is astoundingly accurate.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Mighty Moltres posted:

This is astoundingly accurate.
It's a specialty.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Just make fun modern takes on old campy monster movies and spend some time building up before you start trying to tie poo poo together. All these failed universe attempts seem to forget that Hulk and Cap didn’t show up in Iron Man 1.
Yeah but all anyone in Hollywood wants is the money/guaranteed work of Disney/Marvel, they don't actually want to make Disney/Marvel-style shared universe movies.

oldpainless posted:

Justice League Batman?!
Honestly? BvS was so bad I didn't see it.

Skratchez posted:

Were they wide releases? I know Killing Joke got like a Fathom release but I don't really count that; never saw Batman vs TMNT. I also didn't do "Mystery of the Batwoman" "Sub-Zero" or "Beyond: Return of the Joker," much less any of the stuff they put out in the late 00s or 10s.

Anyway for you:

The Killing Joke -- bad color palette (I don't care what Brian Bolland says the garish colors suit the story better), the story isn't that interesting or shocking anymore, and holy gently caress Bruce Timm please take your Batgirl/Batman shipping fetish out of this movie it is loving creepy. 3/10

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Jun 16, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh yeah, Return of the Joker. Second best Batman movie, after Batman Ninja

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
if someone can do a “hilarious” “Jew” accent while yelling racist jokes and dropping “human being” every chance they get...

they are a nazi and it is in fact apolitical to call them what they are (a nazi or nazi enabler, aka cowardly nazi)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Being "political" really shouldn't be a disqualifier of anyone from doing or saying anything, it just means you--the third party--are aware of context.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

if someone can do a “hilarious” “Jew” accent while yelling racist jokes and dropping “human being” every chance they get...

they are a nazi and it is in fact apolitical to call them what they are (a nazi or nazi enabler, aka cowardly nazi)

What if the accent is an accurate recreation and I'm sensually whispering the jokes into an ASMR microphone?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

it's more effective to call them what they are - an anti-semite. Calling them a nazi just gives them the opening to say "hurr i'm not a german living in the 1940s as a member of the NSDAP therefore i can't be a nazi"

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Americans can't actually understand politics more recent than WW2. There are in fact different kinds of bad people, some of whom don't follow a bad painter's dead ideology. Some even like the uniforms and murderous racism while inheriting next to none of the actual dogma!

But no it's the brave GIs vs the Nazis, round 2019

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Just came back from a 4 day vacation and I just wanted to say I don't like to travel. This feels like a terribly unpopular opinion to have.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Where did you travel

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

His Divine Shadow posted:

Just came back from a 4 day vacation and I just wanted to say I don't like to travel. This feels like a terribly unpopular opinion to have.

I hate international travel

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Collapsing Farts posted:

Where did you travel

In this case, not very far and we went by car. Went to a spa hotel with the family. But it's not just this one instance, been abroad before, even around the world, and it's not just the travel though that's no fun either. I just didn't like being away from home for extended periods of time, didn't like eating hotel food. I guess the pool was nice but that was it. Mainly did it for our kids sake and my SO. Spending the rest of my vacation at home in july.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

it's more effective to call them what they are - an anti-semite. Calling them a nazi just gives them the opening to say "hurr i'm not a german living in the 1940s as a member of the NSDAP therefore i can't be a nazi"

This assumes you want to continue the conversation with such a person which, generally speaking when I'm giving someone the two-middle-fingered gently caress You, Nazi salute, I do not.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm sure Nazis wont be able to pedant their way into pretending they aren't anti-semites if you call them that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I would like to announce here I am against Netanyahu and the Israeli apartheid. Think of me as you would of J Street, rather than Trump.

His Divine Shadow posted:

I agree 100%. What the gently caress am I gonna do abroad I can't do in Helsinki. Saves a lot of money, and I can be ecological too, traveling by plane means you are a capitalist polluting the earth. Not me, I enjoy pleasures locally.