Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Simpson get a pool
Itchy and Scratchy land
Homer in space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
The beach vacation Dud episode.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Oh my god how are none of you saying Homer at the Bat

The single best episode

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
We watched the episode "The Crepes of Wrath" in French class back in middle school, so that holds a place in my heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K20REg3K6lM

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Code Jockey posted:

Oh my god how are none of you saying Homer at the Bat

The single best episode

goddammit i was gonna

but I'm very glad you finally did

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Android Apocalypse posted:

We watched the episode "The Crepes of Wrath" in French class back in middle school, so that holds a place in my heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K20REg3K6lM

Something about that episode always felt off to me. It feels like something out of a completely different show, even moreso than the rest of season 1.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

While I have not created any Simpsons memes, this is oddly how I feel when someone reposts one from a couple of pages ago.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

The best episode is The PTA Disbands!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I really like The Last Exit to Springfield for a lot of reasons like how around the same time my dad was on strike with his job so it felt close to home (although that strike was a bit less whimsical) but its got some great jokes like homers burrito scar, anything involving homer as the union boss and mr burns reinacting The Grinch

Uncle Wemus fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 18, 2019

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Lemon of Troy - great one about Bart plus introduction to all the kid side characters

The Monorail - The first major one about the whole town, with good focus on Marge

Homer and sexual harassment one - loving gumni venus and oxygen tent and all those great gags, plus it's a good snapshot of how good they were back then at satirizing the media

Laat Exit to Springfield - good focus on Lisa, Homer, the plant workers, and quintessential evil Burns

The PTA disbands - good look at all the school characters plus Flanders and it's hilarious

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Something about that episode always felt off to me. It feels like something out of a completely different show, even moreso than the rest of season 1.

It feels like Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Has nobody said You Only Move Twice yet?

Tokelau All Star posted:

The best episode is The PTA Disbands!

No, No, the PTA has not disbanded!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tom Gorman posted:

I watched the show earlier with someone who has literally never seen an episode before. I picked Kamp Krusty and Duffless. They're two of my favorites.

What are like 4-6 must see ones, and pretend like you've never seen the Simpsons before. I can't narrow it down.

Bart on the Road

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Not until I suggest Bart Gets an Elephant.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

A Real Horse posted:

Not until I suggest Bart Gets an Elephant.

I love that episode, reminds me of elephants.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Lizard Combatant posted:

Ah, elephants.

https://frinkiac.com/video/S05E06/Y3ZanhSjUj5srSRxmSjJWU8Z-dg=.gif

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://youtu.be/aDWnz66FI1I

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You Only Move Twice (Hank Scorpio)

Homer at the Bat (shave those sideburns)

Marge vs. the Monorail

Mr. Plow

Duffless

Deep Space Homer

Bart vs. Australia

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Tom Gorman posted:

I watched the show earlier with someone who has literally never seen an episode before. I picked Kamp Krusty and Duffless. They're two of my favorites.

What are like 4-6 must see ones, and pretend like you've never seen the Simpsons before. I can't narrow it down.

Boy Scouts in the Hood is very possibly the single best episode (Homer at the Bat is the other contender). That whole season is 100% pure solid gold. Deep Space Homer. Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy. Cape Feare. Season 4 is just about as good; pretty much anything from those two seasons is unadulterated brilliance.

holttho
May 21, 2007

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

:dudsmile:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
thanks for ruining the thread, guy who asked people to list good simpsons episodes

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LordArgh posted:

thanks for ruining the thread, guy who asked people to list good simpsons episodes

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

--

pitch a fitness fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 18, 2019

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

It's 2019 and I still unironically love Simpsonswave: https://youtu.be/kkHQ1KrTQnk

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

pitch a fitness posted:

skooma512 posted:
SpacePig posted:
Booourns posted:
Zero One posted:
First of May posted:
Drink-Mix Man posted:
DiggityDoink posted:
Code Jockey posted:
Android Apocalypse posted:
Tokelau All Star posted:
Uncle Wemus posted:
Drink-Mix Man posted:
Dabir posted:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tom Gorman posted:

Post-Klasky Csupo, but pre-season oh, say 10 to 13 ish?

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

:dudsmile:

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Selma's Choice and And Maggie Makes Three are my picks for an ep that hasn't been suggested on this page.

They feature some of the all-time best gags-- the sandwich, Aaron A. Aaronson, Lisa as the Lizard Queen, "Oh boy that ain't good," Lionel Hutz trying to scam the inheritance video "You'd be surprised at how often that works you really would!" (feels like that has meme potential), "Thank you I do enjoy working at the bowling alley," the Beeramid (22 laborers died during its construction), the ceremonial plaque, etc. etc.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 18, 2019

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Tom Gorman posted:

The Monorail
The gun one
Homer the Smithers
Homer and Grandpa selling their elixir
Bart gives SLH away for Laddie
Aaaaand Homer works with Mindy

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
A lot of the ones suggested I feel like I could never watch again because I saw them so much when they were on syndication but then I realise that was over 20 years ago

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Nonviolent J posted:

A lot of the ones suggested I feel like I could never watch again because I saw them so much when they were on syndication but then I realise that was over 20 years ago

I caught myself doing this for a while too, but now unless it's an episode I've just watched recently I pretty much always find something funny that I forgot was even in said episode.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I really like the Homer vs New york.
Khav Kalesh!

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
The Simpsons discussion thread is thataway, man!

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Some that haven't been mentioned yet

Stonecutters

Trash of the titans

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005