Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dexo posted:

Please do not disrespect Zydrunas Ilgauskas

I mean he might be in the discussion anyway because woof but Z's feet were pretty hosed by the time LeBron got to the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Marc was certainly having a good time but you could tell from today and from the post game celebration that Norm likes to get sloppy

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

https://streamable.com/h81kq

E: can you embed streamable?

Starks fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 18, 2019

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

BWV posted:

Marc was certainly having a good time but you could tell from today and from the post game celebration that Norm likes to get sloppy

Norm is like a fitness maniac, I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't had a drink since before training camp and it hit him like a ton of bricks

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

you have to figure out the raw .mp4 url for the video but you can just paste it in and SA will embed it but it's like a 720p video dude

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TJDhoops/status/1140767328336060416

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Please do not disrespect Zydrunas Ilgauskas

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

that looks like some weird 90s day time talkshow

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

BWV posted:

My brother in law has a video of Marc closing his eyes and standing up on the seats of the bus to chuck a shirt into the crowd and he is legit about a 1/2 stumble from ending up on the concrete of York St.

Also he was SITTING on the guard rails on the back of the bus and those things were not meant to support his mass.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

that looks like rose and marc is 7 feet thats like one shot of vodka to a human

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

That sounds like they're in front of a small political rally or something. Was today's crowd one of the biggest for a championship parade in NBA history?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

That sounds like they're in front of a small political rally or something. Was today's crowd one of the biggest for a championship parade in NBA history?

I have to think Cleveland's would be bigger for recent memory, just because that city was so continuously poo poo on in sports for decades, even when teams did well they'd get their hearts broken (i.e. the Indians WS appearances in the 90's and 2000's, Byner's fumble, Jordan breaking their hearts, etc)

To say nothing of the whole "Lebron returns home and keeps his promise in dramatic fashion" narrative.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
it was nearly twice the size of the cleveland parade, 1.3 vs 2mil

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They're celebrating for an entire country.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Also Toronto’s metro population is three times the size of Cleveland’s

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I shudder to think of how many people would have shown up had this been on a weekend or Friday and not first thing Monday morning which is pretty poo poo as parade schedules go.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

hmmmmmm
https://twitter.com/TreyRodriguezNY/status/1140794758576689153

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Marc was fully tanked today, and hell, I’m happy for him.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Thought exercise for the day, uh.....find a trade for Andrew Wiggins that benefits both sides equally that doesn't involve John Wall or Chandler Parsons

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y2puzrx3

Add a first or something to cleveland.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Thought exercise for the day, uh.....find a trade for Andrew Wiggins that benefits both sides equally that doesn't involve John Wall or Chandler Parsons

bender and tyler johnson for wiggins and a first

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Umm... Kevin love?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Paul Zuvella posted:

Umm... Kevin love?

Somehow still a downgrade for the Cavs six years later.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Wiggins for Jeff Teague and filler.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

hifi posted:

bender and tyler johnson for wiggins and a first

Booker is the gunner Wiggins wishes he was

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i could see wiggins going to the heat or spurs and learning how to play basketball.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

R.D. Mangles posted:

i could see wiggins going to the heat or spurs and learning how to play basketball.

https://twitter.com/TreyRodriguezNY/status/1140795497214558213

Not a bad idea IMO. Either the Heat continue running on the treadmill or they managed to teach Wiggins a work ethic and he lives up to his potential and plays like he does against OKC every game.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
board man gets peed

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the more i play with it the more I think Wiggins - Wall and CP3 can be the foundation of a glorious dumpster fire

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y587u3c8

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I am aggressively shopping my student loan debt

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The NBA should create a Trade Russian Roulette option. 6 teams get together, 5 of them put in whatever contract they want. The 6th team spins a wheel. If it lands on any of those 5 teams then that team has to take on that contract/player as is (normal salary rules bypassed). But if it lands on themselves, then they get the soonest available first round pick from each of the five other teams.

Thoughts?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

NickRoweFillea posted:

I am aggressively shopping my student loan debt

Lol

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
It’s wild that that dude can break so much NBA news in between working as a professional trainer, coaching HS basketball, covering the league for a defunct website and being a food connoisseur

https://twitter.com/jonkrawczynski/status/1140822092801335296?s=21

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

I wish Wiggins could figure it out

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The Heat clear all the bad contracts off their books after this year. There's no reason to trade for Wiggins' poo poo contract. Just re-up Waiters.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

BWV posted:

the more i play with it the more I think Wiggins - Wall and CP3 can be the foundation of a glorious dumpster fire

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y587u3c8

My god imagine Houston’s cap when the Wall extension kicks in

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

morestuff posted:

It’s wild that that dude can break so much NBA news in between working as a professional trainer, coaching HS basketball, covering the league for a defunct website and being a food connoisseur

https://twitter.com/jonkrawczynski/status/1140822092801335296?s=21

Who knew there could be an even more polish John Krasinski?!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Doug Ford showed up to that post-parade celebration and nobody beat the poo poo out of him. Come on, Toronto!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

his memphis is showing 😂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lobok posted:

I shudder to think of how many people would have shown up had this been on a weekend or Friday and not first thing Monday morning which is pretty poo poo as parade schedules go.

only for cities that ain't used to throwing parades :cool: