Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vehementer
Sep 24, 2006

All Singing All Dancing!
Next week a whole new generation are going to watch Evangelion for the first time and finally understand that there is and only ever will be one best girl.

See this face? Get used to it new Evangelion fans!

Seriously tho... I cannot wait for all of the takes! I want to see how the dub rework turned out (queue rage) and HD remastering looks... I get the impression they are going to edit a bunch, which might be worth the rewatch... I'm hyped :D

... wait a minute.. Netflix haven't released any preview of the new voice actors at all.... I wonder if this is going to drop like a ton of bricks

The best girl is Misato Katsuragi btw.

Vehementer fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm going to watch it with my dad. :cheerdoge:

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/kowokopon/status/1067294485300826113

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 18, 2019

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
its a really good show with a really good message thats needed especially in todays age but everyone is gonna argue about waifus and thats about it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm ready to hate the franchise I enjoy a great deal

jk you can never hate a franchise that has Asuka throw an entire battleship at some dudes

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad there will finally be some good Evangelion discourse.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

imagine not being on team rei, the defining anime girl of a generation and one of the most influential ever

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
asuka ditched shinji and his drama singularity and hooked up with makinami. she won in every way it is possible to win.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm going to watch it with my dad. :cheerdoge:

you idiot, you fool

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
in hindsight i'm surprised anno had the restraint to make the eva cores hidden so that they couldn't flash like color timers when their power was running low

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 18, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
evangelion is good

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

asuka ditched shinji and his drama singularity and hooked up with makinami. she won in every way it is possible to win.

mari is the worst character so this is like dumping a clean bottle of water for sewer water

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why cant you just marry asuka and rei simultaneously. you're already committing a crime by waifuing either of them seperately

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I don't even dislike Shinji but describing him as a "clean bottle of water" is extremely charitable

There's bare minimum a bunch of tears and some backwash in there

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

OnimaruXLR posted:

I don't even dislike Shinji but describing him as a "clean bottle of water" is extremely charitable

There's bare minimum a bunch of tears and some backwash in there

:negative:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Man, Shinji. It's always weird to talk about the little fella because it feels like there are a lot of caveats to him both in (as a person) and out of universe (as, well, a character).

Anyway, I'm going to rewatch this, but I'm not sure how much I'm going to do this out of nostalgia and more to, like "Well, let's just try to adjust to what newcomers are gonna say about it".

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I fully am looking forward to the usual suspects on twitter building up shinji as an uwu soft boy during their first watch and then getting confronted with his shenanigans in EoE

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
There are going to be people dropping hot takes on Eva who were not alive yet when it first aired, just in case you needed to feel old.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm only around two months older than Eva.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nipponophile posted:

There are going to be people dropping hot takes on Eva who were not alive yet when it first aired, just in case you needed to feel old.

I'd judge, but poo poo--I was only 7

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Nipponophile posted:

half the series had aired before i was born

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was a couple of years older than Shinji when Evangelion started.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

I'd judge, but poo poo--I was only 7

That's OK, kid. I'll just have to judge for the both of us.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I watched episodes here and there out of order when it was new so I'm really looking forward to sitting down and watching it start to finish, where it all makes sense as a cohesive narrative.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:corsair:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

drjuggalo posted:

its a really good show with a really good message thats needed especially in todays age but everyone is gonna argue about waifus and thats about it

evangelions' message: hey if you just sit on your rear end and don't reach out to people things might get kinda bad for you and everyone

rebuild: oh but if you do reach out every single fear you've had about personal interaction going badly will happen, gently caress you lol

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 18, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Rebuild also says: your actions have consequences. Wait you didn't sit down and chart the multitudes? gently caress YOU MAN.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also never trust your parents

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
more like dont trust your mom

her plans were those of an insane person

oh you edited it ;)

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Overrated imo.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Relin posted:

oh you edited it ;)

yeah i realized they were both lovely in retrospect

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat

Relin posted:

oh you edited it ;)

tbf to Yui her choices were 'go in death robot' or 'get shot by the Illuminati'.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Heavy Sigh posted:

tbf to Yui her choices were 'go in death robot' or 'get shot by the Illuminati'.

she wasn't exactly hesitant to do it

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Yinlock posted:

evangelions' message: hey if you just sit on your rear end and don't reach out to people things might get kinda bad for you and everyone

rebuild: oh but if you do reach out every single fear you've had about personal interaction going badly will happen, gently caress you lol

Anno's a cock.

I hate how I legitimately like the story of TV and Movie Eva which is capital G Good but could do with some snagging work done to account for when he was falling apart mentally.

I legitimately fell for his trap of "Maybe Rebuild is the same thing only when [Anno] is in a healthy state of mind" which turned out to be his four three-and-a-phantom movie rant about how he hates nerds (the same ones that gave him all that money to buy all his Tokusatsu poo poo btw).

Yinlock posted:

Yeah, she's as culpable as anyone in on that level of the tang conspiracy.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jun 19, 2019

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
rebuild 1.0 left me really confused and wondering what anno was smoking on but 2.0 raged me out and i refuse to watch 3.0

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat

Yinlock posted:

are you telling me that given the chance to become a giant death robot your answer would be 'no'

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

drjuggalo posted:

rebuild 1.0 left me really confused and wondering what anno was smoking on but 2.0 raged me out and i refuse to watch 3.0

3.0 is somehow worse

at least 2 had that dope-rear end a.t rocket punch

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
3.0 had great animation and music, but it made little to no sense. If Anno really wanted to own the otakus, he should have aged up the characters. A bitter, battle-hardened Asuka in her late 20's would have been dope.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
3.0 rebuild was one of those experiences where i legit could not predict anything that was going to happen next from moment to moment.

It at least had that going for it throughout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

3.0 is such a brilliant troll and I love it sincerely, plus it has all the best Kaworu stuff in anything.