Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I like how whenever Ainge misses out on a trade you always hear some leak about how he totally had everything on the table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

Holy poo poo, get Warren for a 2nd rounder literally any team

I'm thinking that ankle injury might be worse than is being reported. If there is structurally wrong there it would explain why the Suns are trying to jettison him. Otherwise he seems like a pretty good piece for the team.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BWV posted:

MacMullan still trying to give The President Brad Stevens (who is actually more valuable than many players if you think about it) the benefit of the doubt even in a story that admits to his errors in favouring his honkey surrogate son over more deserving players.

That's a saucy characterizaiton of the thing.

Could you imagine that Stevens was bringing back Hayward because Hayward was supposed to be the long term fulcrum of the team and that his system had flourished with Hayward in the past?

Could it be that they made sure to get Hayward going because the whole league was talking about Kyrie being 100% gone this offseason, last offseason?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

BMV is 110% correct

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Tae posted:

Holy poo poo, get Warren for a 2nd rounder literally any team

If he was allowed to wear a helmet he’d be invincible

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

hayward got lots of touches because he's a fan favorite (for some reason) and represents a big investment for the franchise since he was their first big FA signing of this current attempt at a title run

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tae posted:

Is this including rick

You have the reading comprehension of a slug.

The last part honestly doesn't mean anything, because of the summer league and G league everyone basically has to meet second round guys even if they don't have picks because this is the only time to work those dudes out.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Declan MacManus posted:

hayward got lots of touches because he's a fan favorite (for some reason) and represents a big investment for the franchise since he was their first big FA signing of this current attempt at a title run

I thought Horford was their first big signing?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kibner posted:

It was actually terry rozier signing his rookie deal

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Josh Jackson? No Way. Trading the #3 pick for a 2nd rounder after two years is insane. Don't ask me about Mark L Fultz

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

tj warren for a late second is malpractice

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tae posted:

Is this including rick

The last part honestly doesn't mean anything, because of the summer league and G league everyone basically has to meet second round guys even if they don't have picks because this is the only time to work those dudes out.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, most teams invite a bunch of guys who won't get drafted. In addition to what you said sometimes they just need bodies in there to make the workout run smoothly or give guys an invite as a favor.

The Heyward signing being the thing that destroys the Celtics would be immensely satisfying

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 19, 2019

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://www.instagram.com/p/By05IirhfzL/?igshid=qebbmt8ix5eh

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

blessed feeling of the day: "stewie" is on the basketball-reference front page

josh jackson is awful though. remember when we signed jamal crawford and everyone said it was bad and he ended up as a 11.7 per guy? well josh jackson is worse. everyone said oubre was a ball hog and sucked and guess what? he managed to bring some confidence to the 19 win suns and was, yep, better than josh jackson. marquese chriss was better on cleveland than josh jackson was. derrick jones jr. dragan bender? bender's worse, sorry. and still a sun. This year it was honestly an adventure if josh would score on wide open dunks. it probably wasn't but it honestly felt like about 50%.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kibner posted:

oh right, sorry al

anyways stevens has a long-standing relationship with hayward and gave him special treatment even if the boston media won’t admit it; i don’t think it’s strictly because hayward is white but i think the media would be tougher on him if hayward weren’t so gritty if you feel me

kyrie is also a thin-skinned baby who didn’t want to be in boston in the first place so this was probably the final nail

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/1141169268949704704?s=19

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
As a Keltics fan, I am getting a little tired of the boys in green
acting "bored" and going for "degree of difficulty" instead of
just good old fashioned two points in their games these days.
After last night's loss in Dallas (following a loss to Washington
on Saturday night) I HOPE these guys will start remembering that
they are getting PAID to act like professionals. I mean a little
cockiness can be amusing and I don't mind the team creating fan
interest in other cities by making people HATE them, but they
risk creating antipathy in BOSTON if they don't start setting goals
for the team which include WINNING. In other years I might not
have felt the right to complain 'cause I have only paid to see them
play at the garden 3 times and not since Charlie Scott's debut as
a Celtic in 1975, but THIS SEASON I AM PAYING $5.50/month just to
get every home game on cable. That's almost half a CD per month
in today's currency. For that kind of money I think I can expect
a team that at least CARES about things like winning 70 games and
not letting Dallas beat them EVER, two accomplishments that were
lost last night. I mean, if WE THE PAYING FANS care about these
things, why don't the PAID PLAYERS?
Last night's game in Dallas, in which the Mavericks did beat
the Celtics for the first time ever, will surely be remembered
in those parts for years to come. It reminds me of a game
which must have been in '72 which Dick Stockton (who was then
a local sports anchor in Boston) described at the time as
the "biggest story he had covered since coming to Boston".
I am referring to the FIRST time the Cowens-led Celtics beat
the Jabbar-led Milwaukee Bucks. At that time it was not clear
that it was PHYSICALLY possible for the Celtics to beat a team
with Jabbar. [Does anyone out there happen to remember exactly
when that game was? Considering that the Celts beat the Bucks
for the 1974 championship and Cowens' rookie year was the
'70-'71 season (right??) there isn't much of a window for this
collosal event to have taken place.]

Anyway it's interesting how quickly perceptions can change.
Seems to me that all Dallas needs is a Greg Kite and we are
talking instant contender. Would the Celtics part with Greg Kite
for say, Detlef Shrempf? I bet RED might even throw in
Jay Vincent's little brother Sam...

Trivia question: (one of my old favorites, not
too hard, but getting harder with the passing of time)
What 3 players were picked ahead of Dave Cowens in the 1970
college draft? Hint:
1. One finished his career with the Celtics.
2. One was literally almost killed by a player
who later played for the Celtics.
3. One finished his career playing with Dave Cowens.

Tom Gross
Apollo Computer, Inc.
Chelmsford, MA

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?hl=en#!topic/net.sport.hoops/qjU4xinyvAY

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I mean, if you bench and ignore Hayward your team doesn't have enough to be a contender. If you can get him back at or close to his 16-17 levels of production you are. It makes sense to put some focus on bringing him along rather than give up on the guy his first season on the floor.

Also, he played the 7th most minutes and his usage of 19% is not, like, sky high or anything. If Kyrie had a problem with a guy playing 25 minutes a night and taking slightly less shots that Marcus Morris that seems like its mostly Kyrie's problem.

Seriously, Kyrie had problems sharing the floor with Lebron James.

Bobby Digital posted:

As a Keltics fan, I am getting a little tired of the boys in green

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?hl=en#!topic/net.sport.hoops/qjU4xinyvAY

I was trying to figure out the year on this, it's amazing how timeless this rant is.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 19, 2019

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

from my understanding the "special treatment" thing was more about him refusing to sit anywhere but the front of the bus.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm glad Al already has an under the table deal ready because I'd be worried about Vlade throwing a 4 year max at him

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Bill "Shook" Simmons
https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/1141184642197835776?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It would be the Kingsiest thing of all time if they didn't have a longer contract in the works

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Harrison just wanted to see how that compared to the Impossible Burger, then he was free to bail on Sacramento forever

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Metapod posted:

Lmao a big time free agent signing with Dallas

imo equally as funny as OKC signing a big free agent.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
What locations beyond LAL make sense for Horford assuming his timeline is “be on a pretty good team now”?

The Clippers with Kawhi? Houston swapping him for Capela hard caps the Rockets at the apron, which Fertitta might like because he’s apparently some sort of cheapo Trump-style pudding brain guy. Some other left field S&T destination like Milwaukee?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Horford on the sixers(instead of Harris) might be good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DragonflyJonez/status/1141193980740325376

Klay Thompson the only likeable Warrior.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

It’s fucken hilarious how much everyone still hates the Celtics for being good 10 years ago. Tbh I think it’s probably mostly that they are from the same city as the Pats and ...uh...their baseball team is hated too, right? Same team, same moves and they’re based in like, Seattle or VA Beach and everyone would be talking about how they always manage to restock and compete and now they’re set up with young guys and some high picks and cap room even as their vets leave.

I’m not kidding, I love this and it pleases my soul that they are despised for being a nondescript second round team

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

It’s like if everyone just loving HATED the Jazz or the Blazers and constantly said everything they did was awful and stupid they deserve death

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JohnnyNBA/status/1141183185851731969

:hmmyes:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

imo equally as funny as OKC signing a big free agent.

I will not stand here and let you disrespect raymond Felton like this

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lol drat you, I came here to post this but you beat me to it!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

It’s fucken hilarious how much everyone still hates the Celtics for being good 10 years ago. Tbh I think it’s probably mostly that they are from the same city as the Pats and ...uh...their baseball team is hated too, right? Same team, same moves and they’re based in like, Seattle or VA Beach and everyone would be talking about how they always manage to restock and compete and now they’re set up with young guys and some high picks and cap room even as their vets leave.

I’m not kidding, I love this and it pleases my soul that they are despised for being a nondescript second round team

I hate everything Boston related. Their Obnoxious fan-base(present company excluded of course), their city, everything. This is bigger than Basketball

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dexo posted:

I hate everything Boston related. Their Obnoxious fan-base(present company excluded of course), their city, everything. This is bigger than Basketball

I’ve only ever known one guy who was from Boston and he was a really sweet, smart dude. The only Boston fan I know in person is my wife, and it’s just the Celtics and it was originally just because she wanted to root for the team that would piss me off the most

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

What locations beyond LAL make sense for Horford assuming his timeline is “be on a pretty good team now”?

The Clippers with Kawhi? Houston swapping him for Capela hard caps the Rockets at the apron, which Fertitta might like because he’s apparently some sort of cheapo Trump-style pudding brain guy. Some other left field S&T destination like Milwaukee?

Brooklyn IMO.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

I’ve only ever known one guy who was from Boston and he was a really sweet, smart dude. The only Boston fan I know in person is my wife, and it’s just the Celtics and it was originally just because she wanted to root for the team that would piss me off the most

I'm not saying it's rational, I'm saying it exists.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

DeimosRising posted:

It’s like if everyone just loving HATED the Jazz or the Blazers and constantly said everything they did was awful and stupid they deserve death

It's really just Boston's ability to get half of the media playing PR for them. One good move is, DANNYS GOT ALL THE ANSWERS! WOW!
Every almost trade is, WOW, DANNY WAS REALLY GONNA DO IT, THEY JUST ASKED TOO HIGH A PRICE!

They get such reverent treatment, which provokes the dumb and deep internet Racist-Team takes, but it also provokes the more reasonable, gently caress those assholes -treatment.

Other teams get treated as if they're just not poo poo, I'd say that's the balance of the league, then you have the "these guys are stupid" teams, then you have individual treatments for the glamour teams or teams with management that are good at getting journalists on their side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I once saw someone in a Celtics jersey pick up a pigeon and throw it into traffic.