Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

JBP posted:

He's openly attacking Pondsmith as a racist now. Also everyone that disagreed is a troll.

John "john Walker" Walker is loosed from his... website now, freed from all constraints of... conventional morality...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can we have a separate thread for talking about the gameplay, setting and fashion in Cyberpunk 2077 and move this one to c spam

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

puve posted:

Can we have a separate thread for talking about the gameplay, setting and fashion in Cyberpunk 2077 and move this one to c spam

Please go and make a Cyber Punk 2077 dedicated thread in C-Spam.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

is john walker upset nobody has cancelled their preorder after reading the RPS review of a demo

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The Saddest Rhino posted:

is john walker upset

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JBP posted:

Please go and make a Cyber Punk 2077 dedicated thread in C-Spam.

I will if I can talk about what kind of features or sunglasses are in the game without people posting and replying to random tweets there

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Euro Truck Simulator 2077

here’s a game I didn’t know I needed

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

puve posted:

I will if I can talk about what kind of features or sunglasses are in the game without people posting and replying to random tweets there

no

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

puve posted:

I want to kick rear end with some "futuristic" shades like the ones from Back to the Future Part II

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bogus Adventure posted:

I want to kick rear end with some "futuristic" shades like the ones from Back to the Future Part II

This is what I'm talking about... where are the rimless mirrored shields in this game... they're like the epitome of this style, to me anyway. I'm open to discussion

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
if you can't be knifehands bret hart smdh

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

puve posted:

This is what I'm talking about... where are the rimless mirrored shields in this game... they're like the epitome of this style, to me anyway. I'm open to discussion

:same:

Eau de MacGowan posted:

if you can't be knifehands bret hart smdh

:hellyeah:

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Yongyea has an interesting video out starting with the original Rock Paper Shotgun E3 preview article, his interview Mike Pondsmith, some Haitian fans and Mike responding to the racism criticism on Reddit. It does go into the other controversy as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v79CPm1ehRo

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jun 19, 2019

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

ZombyDog posted:

Yongyea has an interesting video out starting with the original Rock Paper Shotgun E3 preview article, his interview Mike Pondsmith, some Haitian fans and Mike responding to the racism criticism on Reddit. It does go into the other controversy as well.

Yongyea probably has the best coverage out there on Cyberpunk 2077 from e3.

His other videos where he interviews the game devs and Mr Pondsmith are quite informative too.

That being said I really want mirrored shades for my corpo assisting netrunning character

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

BexGu posted:

About 4 years of hype will do that. The descriptions at the beginning made it sound like it was every one dream game that they poured their own personal fantasy into, sort of like Star Citizen but is actually coming out and will be a real game.

Clearly the mistake is releasing video games.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

ZombyDog posted:

Those fans reaction were really :3:

The specs for the PCs running the demo leaked:
Core i7-8700k
32 GB 3000MHz CL15 RAM (2x16 GB sticks)
Titan RTX

It ran on 600W PSU, so no heavy overclock, probably stock stuff. Considering it's an early build, and there are no optimizations in graphic drivers the specs seem ok for a very high graphic preset, except graphic card. But hey, they probably got quite a few of those monsters in workstations, so why not use something that's proven to work well with the build.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
The more Mike Pondsmith interviews I watch the more I’m convinced he needs to voice someone in this game. The man’s voice is as smooth as molasses.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I sure wish video games didn’t make people so mad

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

The more Mike Pondsmith interviews I watch the more I’m convinced he needs to voice someone in this game. The man’s voice is as smooth as molasses.

Yeah, and somehow his voice from recent interviews sounds better than those CP story videos.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

JBP posted:

He's openly attacking Pondsmith as a racist now. Also everyone that disagreed is a troll.
I'm also a big fan of Ian Miles Cheong.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
As if this game is not going to be incredible.

Cyberpunk + infinite money + cdprojekt red + human slavery = unstoppable juggernaut.

This game is gonna be better than the loving pyramids

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

ZombyDog posted:

Sometimes I need that kind of vid to remind myself common sense hasn't entirely disappeared from the internet, so thanks for that.

:hai:

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Xander77 posted:

Yes, clearly everyone who disagrees with RPS's woke scolds is basically IMC

Also Amerotruck simulator 2077 is just going to be the Nomads DLC

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

He has a great voice.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Xander77 posted:

If it weren’t for Ian Miles Cheong we wouldn’t have the phrase “heated gaming moment” so it’s impossible to say whether he is bad or not.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Didn't he do Dex? I thought that was his cameo.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

El_Elegante posted:

If it weren’t for Ian Miles Cheong we wouldn’t have the phrase “heated gaming moment” so it’s impossible to say whether he is bad or not.

He is bad.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Megazver posted:

Didn't he do Dex? I thought that was his cameo.

He did not, although he did joke they started off modeling the game version of the character on him a bit more.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Never forget that Ian Miles Cheong was literally radicalized by someone not giving The Witcher 3 a perfect score.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

JBP posted:

Okay, I went through John Walker's twitter timeline and I can't find anything of the sort. He's talked about Pondsmith a total of two times including that tweet that's quoted here in this thread and in both cases makes it pretty clear that he thinks Pondsmith made a bad argument, not that he's a racist.

Also, from someone who's not a fan of Walker, his take here seems pretty sensible to me and is pretty lukewarm. If you want to read a slightly longer criticism of Pondsmith-style arguments on storytelling, you can watch this short and to the point video from Dan Olson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxV8gAGmbtk

It's still possible that Rock, Paper, Shotgun (the writer who wrote the preview wasn't Walker, btw) got the wrong impression from the demo and might have jumped to conclusions, but what Pondsmith wrote in that Reddit thread isn't a good rebuttal.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

chitoryu12 posted:

not giving The Witcher 3 a perfect score.

they what

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Okay, I went through John Walker's twitter timeline and I can't find anything of the sort. He's talked about Pondsmith a total of two times including that tweet that's quoted here in this thread and in both cases makes it pretty clear that he thinks Pondsmith made a bad argument, not that he's a racist.

Also, from someone who's not a fan of Walker, his take here seems pretty sensible to me and is pretty lukewarm. If you want to read a slightly longer criticism of Pondsmith-style arguments on storytelling, you can watch this short and to the point video from Dan Olson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxV8gAGmbtk

It's still possible that Rock, Paper, Shotgun (the writer who wrote the preview wasn't Walker, btw) got the wrong impression from the demo and might have jumped to conclusions, but what Pondsmith wrote in that Reddit thread isn't a good rebuttal.

What particular things in what Pondsmith said do you object to?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
His take seems to be that you can’t name a gang with women and people of color in it The Animals because it means the author thinks the gang members lack interiority or are inhuman.

But he doesn’t examine what it means for a white man to scold and police the language of people of color, nor does he show a hint of self-awareness.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

sebmojo posted:

they what

He was a woke anti-Gamer Gate guy until someone gave Witcher 3 something like an 8/10 and said it needs a more diverse cast and to use women as props and sex dolls less, at which point he immediately turned around and said Gamer Gate was right. And it was one tiny step from there to "Actually feminism is bad, trans people are crazy, gas the Jews."

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Okay, I went through John Walker's twitter timeline and I can't find anything of the sort.

Literally the next tweet

"Extraordinary work by the overnight twitter goblins, those who spend most their waking lives screeching about "anti-white racism", suddenly changing their worldviews and believing it impossible that a person of colour can make a bad argument regarding racist tropes."

Cool and normal man not saying Pondsmith is racist and not saying that everyone else is wrong

E: Anyway who cares about this guy he's an annoying idiot and I agree with this race and stuff in cyberpunk bring tired. FF7 is including the honey bee inn where is the angry tweeting over that

JBP fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 19, 2019

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

This is great and nicely articulates something I've always had a vague problem with but didn't have a name for.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

El_Elegante posted:

His take seems to be that you can’t name a gang with women and people of color in it The Animals because it means the author thinks the gang members lack interiority or are inhuman.

But he doesn’t examine what it means for a white man to scold and police the language of people of color, nor does he show a hint of self-awareness.

Aren't all of the gangs made up of a diverse cast?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

lemonadesweetheart posted:

What particular things in what Pondsmith said do you object to?

Pondsmith's response to the criticism of the Animals is that the gang members themselves chose the name because they see themselves as powerful animals. This is obviously silly on face value because the name wasn't chosen by real people, but by writers who created these fictional characters.

And that's essentially what Walker was saying, just in less words and acting more like a prick.

EDIT: Again, saying Pondsmith made a bad argument =/= accusing Pondsmith of racism.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I thought I have a firm grasp of English, but parsing some of those tweets for author's intentions is above my level..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I don’t think there’s enough information to make that determination (that every gang is diverse).