Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Wow they got Conley AND they get rid of Grayson Allen? Living the dream. That's huge though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

OzFactor posted:

I have a harder time thinking of a team that wouldn't want Al Horford than I do thinking of good fits (outside of the fully-rebuilding teams). Denver and Utah I guess? It makes me physically uncomfortable even typing but think of how good he'd be on the Warriors.

I imagine some teams would be nervous about his age and having to pay him top dollars into his late 30s. Especially in light of Chris Paul's decline and contract. But if he could be slotted in as the final piece of a championship, it'd probably worth the chance.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

That takes a huge load of of Mitchell.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

straight up brolic posted:

2 first round picks for Conley is good

Yeah, plus a decent reclamation project in Jae and whatever juice you can get out of Grayson

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

straight up brolic posted:

2 first round picks for Conley is good

I guess, but its a late first and a heavily protected future, and honestly the contracts going back to Memphis are not good. Conley is "only" 31 but I probably overrate guys on the back end of their career arc.

I would thought they could have gotten Favors and I'm surprised they stayed with Utah as a partner when that was taken off the table.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Conley is not huge and not a great shooter, he’s probably going to be a bad player by the end of that contract unless he ages like Vince. But right now that’s a huge coup

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Valourous conduct will be rewarded, with transfer to Utah

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

The rare trade that is actually good for both teams. The Jazz are immediate title contenders and the Grizzlies get assets.

You couldn’t trade Chris Paul for a player in the league right now. Injury prone point guards in their 30s are good until they are the worst contracts in the league

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Jae, Grayson Allen and Korver is only 17m in salary. Where's the other $13m in salary? Rubio?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Lockback posted:

I guess, but its a late first and a heavily protected future, and honestly the contracts going back to Memphis are not good. Conley is "only" 31 but I probably overrate guys on the back end of their career arc.

I would thought they could have gotten Favors and I'm surprised they stayed with Utah as a partner when that was taken off the table.

i know the celtics don’t believe in rentals or making productive trades that might benefit another team but i wonder if they’d be interested in moving one of rozier/smart and filler + a pick or two for favors

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It's Asset Season, Baby

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Lockback posted:

Allen isn't making that much money on his rookie deal and Korver and Crowder are both expiring contracts and they could probably flip them later this year for second rounders if they want to so I don't really see any of those contracts they are getting as that bad.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pretty clear sign they are drafting Morant at 2 but I guess everyone knew that

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Holy poo poo I'm so happy

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Congrats MV

Conley for late 1sts and some nothing players is good

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Declan MacManus posted:

i know the celtics don’t believe in rentals or making productive trades that might benefit another team but i wonder if they’d be interested in moving one of rozier/smart and filler + a pick or two for favors

Who the gently caress would play point in that scenario

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/herringtonnba/status/1141375936518119424?s=21

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

DeimosRising posted:

Conley is not huge and not a great shooter, he’s probably going to be a bad player by the end of that contract unless he ages like Vince. But right now that’s a huge coup

He shoots above league average for 3 and can actually create his own shot. Plus he only is under contract for this year and a player option he'll likely take for next season so its not like some huge albatross contract.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Grayson allen grit n grind

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Lockback posted:

The protections on that pick seem pretty good for Memphis, assuming the Jazz don't screw up the next two years a "lightly-protected" 2022 pick for a Western team is a decent lotto ticket

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So likely a 2022 first (ie THE DOUBLE DRAFT)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

By definition, you cannot win a trade if you acqire grayson "the professor in the jordan peterson sense" allen

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

hifi posted:

Grayson allen grit n grind

Grayson Allen grit n demand a trade

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

DeimosRising posted:

Who the gently caress would play point in that scenario

whichever guard they don’t move presumably

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

So likely a 2022 first (ie THE DOUBLE DRAFT)

Ah, that actually does improve it a bit for Memphis.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Jota posted:

He shoots above league average for 3 and can actually create his own shot. Plus he only is under contract for this year and a player option he'll likely take for next season so its not like some huge albatross contract.

For some reason I thought his contract was longer, yeah that’s a great move on every level then

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

R.D. Mangles posted:

By definition, you cannot win a trade if you acqire grayson "the professor in the jordan peterson sense" allen

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Indubitably

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

how the gently caress is jae crowder still being traded for good players, and why doesnt evan come back and apologize to me for insisting he was good

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah I'd much rather convey it in 2020 or 2021 but oh well, still worth it with the west being pretty wide open right now.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

This is a Big Win for Utah.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I don't understand this though

https://twitter.com/davidaldridgedc/status/1141377580060356611?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Impressive trades by Memphis and NOP this week

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Also Chandler Parsons comes off the books after this year so the Grizzlies will have a poo poo ton of cap room after this season to add someone(s) to go with JJJ and Morant.

Grizzlies have an opportunity for a pretty good future.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

Grayson Allen is going to use his large hands and explosive leaping to take Memphis by storm

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Also Celtics better hope that Grizzlies pick conveys this year because otherwise there's a solid chance they get Kings picked again

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

This is good by the Grizz

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I like Conley but his window does not align with Mitchell and Gobert.

I couldn't even make it through this post before deciding they didn't really give up a whole lot anyway.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

TJ McConnell, of Scots-Irish descent, baby hands
Grayson Allen, Scots-Irish, man sized hands

Who will be the better baller in 2019-20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Buying them some time to find another player who is younger to help stop Mitchell from having to be the whole offense seems like a good idea.