Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
Has anyone gotten central air installed via Costco? Was it more/less expensive than it normally is? The home inspector said that the AC at our new house will need replaced soon. Heater is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Wow so I guess it was actually some off duty LAPD officer who shot someone in Costco last week.

The narrative is that some crazy dude assaulted the off duty officer for 100% no reason whatsoever so he was simply FORCED to kill the guy. Then of course, the emergency doors didn't open so people don't steal a 2 pack of hot links.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-injured-california-costco-shooting/story?id=63733824

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Big Dick Cheney posted:

Has anyone gotten central air installed via Costco? Was it more/less expensive than it normally is? The home inspector said that the AC at our new house will need replaced soon. Heater is fine.

This same thing happened to me. The 25 year old York imploded 3 months after I bought the place.

I went pretty far down this path. My ‘Co partnered with a local Lennox provider. Solid dudes, the prices were fine and it came with some significant Costco gift cards. It didn’t compete with my local Carrier shop, but it was close. Without the gift cards it was comically high.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

FCKGW posted:

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. The reason it's been $1.50 forever is because the soda is where all the profit margin is baked in despite the rising cost of the dog.

If it was just a hot dog for $1 or $1.50 or whatever then the math doesn't work. You can't separate the soda from the equation.

You’re going to have to show your math here. Unless PepsiCo is paying Costco to sell the soda, what you are saying makes zero sense.

The $1.50 1/4lb all beef hotdog plus a soda with refill is a loss leader, they have stated as much. They lose money on each one they sell to get you into the store. If it was just $1.50 dawg, they would lose less on each transaction, the cost of goods on soda is low, but it’s not negative.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was going to say the exact same thing but I figured it wasn't worth the effort.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

But an earlier poster was talking about subbing the soda for a berry yogurt or whatever and paying some extra. A fountain soda is probably 10 cents at Costco volume so offering a subbing option for FULLprice - 10cents would probably piss off more people than it would make happy.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Bucnasti posted:

You’re going to have to show your math here. Unless PepsiCo is paying Costco to sell the soda, what you are saying makes zero sense.

The $1.50 1/4lb all beef hotdog plus a soda with refill is a loss leader, they have stated as much. They lose money on each one they sell to get you into the store. If it was just $1.50 dawg, they would lose less on each transaction, the cost of goods on soda is low, but it’s not negative.

Yeah, but if it was 1.50 for the dog plus a dollar for the soda, less people would come in for it. The soda is the icing on the cake that lures people in.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

A long time ago when I worked at a deli, the common knowledge was the cup, straw, lid, etc cost more than the soda output. A long time ago, 15 years, it was about .25 for the cup and .07 for soda.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

PBUC

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

hey it's me, your neighbor.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pro Username/post

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:vince::popeye::vince::eyepop::vince::popeye::vince::eyepop::vince:

Also please tell me more about that grill setup.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Moey posted:

Yeah, but if it was 1.50 for the dog plus a dollar for the soda, less people would come in for it. The soda is the icing on the cake that lures people in.

Yes. That's the point.

strangehamster posted:

A long time ago when I worked at a deli, the common knowledge was the cup, straw, lid, etc cost more than the soda output. A long time ago, 15 years, it was about .25 for the cup and .07 for soda.

Same thing at movie theaters. We couldn't give away cups. That's how inventory was done. Count the cups. No one cares about the syrup that poo poo's cheap as hell.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I just bought something from costco.com online store. I drove to their parking lot and brought my laptop into the cafe and ate an entire everything pizza and 5 hotdogs while ordering a watch.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

:vince::popeye::vince::eyepop::vince::popeye::vince::eyepop::vince:

Also please tell me more about that grill setup.

I want to hear more about that guy getting Beefy than his ghetto grill.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

milkingmycow posted:

I just bought something from costco.com online store. I drove to their parking lot and brought my laptop into the cafe and ate an entire everything pizza and 5 hotdogs while ordering a watch.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Finally went to my local Costco Business Center. There's Costco bulk and then there's Costco BULK.

I love the shitload of meat and pantry as well as industrial kitchen items. At least I know where to go if I want to buy spices and condiments by the gallons for cheap. Best of all no family horde to fight thru in the parking lot or the checkout lines.

The bad - no food samples or food court. Couldn't get my hot dog fix or rotisserie chicken.

halokiller fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jun 18, 2019

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

halokiller posted:

Finally went to my local Costco Business Center. There's Costco bulk and then there's Costco BULK.

I love the shitload of meat and pantry as well as industrial kitchen items. At least I know where to go if I want to buy spices and condiments by the gallons for cheap. Best of all no family horde to fight thru in the parking lot or the checkout lines.

The bad - no food samples or food court. Couldn't get my hot dog fix or rotisserie chicken.

You don't want to buy spices in bulk. poo poo goes bad after of couple months. Realistically you want to buy spices as you use them so they retain maximal freshness. It's like buying a jar of prechopped garlic compared to chopping your own cloves, you need like 3 times as much jar garlic as you do freshly chopped poo poo.

Do your spice shopping at local Indian markets if you can. They're near as cheap as Costco and they're way better.

*Unless you're buying saffron or something but I doubt Costco even sells that. That poo poo is expensive no matter where you find it.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I've seen saffron from time to time in my co

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My Costco sells saffron. I've been tempted to buy it but, eh.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
It's a Japanese Charcoal BBQ Konro Grill. And it's some hella of a way to grill. I'll tell ya hWhat.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Just picked this up for $9.99 at my local Costco. Stop making me fat, costco!

edit eat my balls imgur

Whooping Crabs fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 18, 2019

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Are you my sophomores eating chile y limon everything in class

If Costco sold a giant bag of Sabritones I could see them eating it like a horse feedbag

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

Are you my sophomores eating chile y limon everything in class

If Costco sold a giant bag of Sabritones I could see them eating it like a horse feedbag

I haven't seen those, but I did pick up a giant bag of chili mangoes at Costco, and they are great.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Whooping Crabs posted:

Just picked this up for $9.99 at my local Costco. Stop making me fat, costco!

edit eat my balls imgur
I

Its ok...

I got the 30 cans of Pringles box and Lukes Organic Cheddar Lightning Bolts and white cheddar popcorn

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It's a Japanese Charcoal BBQ Konro Grill. And it's some hella of a way to grill. I'll tell ya hWhat.

They use them on MasterChef Australia all the time.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I

Its ok...

I got the 30 cans of Pringles box and Lukes Organic Cheddar Lightning Bolts and white cheddar popcorn

Where is this 30 cans of Pringles box?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
drat those madras lentils taste good to me

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Anybody had experience with buy a desk chair/office chair from the Church? I'm in the market but my local 'Co only carries two and I don't like the feel of them...ever bought thru the website?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pershing posted:

Anybody had experience with buy a desk chair/office chair from the Church? I'm in the market but my local 'Co only carries two and I don't like the feel of them...ever bought thru the website?

I got a Bayside office chair, its good.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

How is the tent?

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

FogHelmut posted:

I have that chair, too! Bought a lovely $40 chair off Amazon, also, and it is not as good.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

How is the tent?

Haven't opened the replacement tent yet, but its a Coleman 6-person darkroom tent. The one I had returned was very easy to set up. The interior is very basic - just one pocket hanging off the wall and a hook at the top of the ceiling. Its tall enough to stand in. It's fine for family car camping or whatever. I have not used it in the rain, but everything looked seam-sealed.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Picked up some (CALORIE FREE!) energy drinks today and of course I got more than I wanted. It was about 2:30pm on a weekday and there was a sample table almost every isle. Thought that was strange.

I think I heard it mentioned in here before but I picked up some naanwiches. Those look good.

Mite put it in my stomach tonight.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
How do calorie free energy drinks work that sounds like an impossibility

Fake energy with caffeine I am guessing

naem
May 29, 2011

priznat posted:

How do calorie free energy drinks work that sounds like an impossibility

drugs

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They have prayers on the can that you say and the good lord gives you his seed into your heart.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I got the true.wellness business chair from Costco when it was on sale, it’s super nice for the price.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

They have prayers on the can that you say and the good lord gives you his seed into your heart.

New formula! +10% more godjizz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I think I heard it mentioned in here before but I picked up some naanwiches. Those look good.

Mite put it in my stomach tonight.

They are hit or miss. Better in the oven than the microwave.