Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

everdave posted:

Yeah the new accord sport is pretty compelling and deserves a serious consideration.

I have been busy, won a 19k mile Toyota Celsior oh and this, has 12k miles:

I don’t even know what that is exactly, and I want it.

Powershift posted:

He put extension cords and power splitters behind the drywall

Also whatever the gently caress he did here

I don't understand how someone can be so loving stupid, and so confident in their loving stupidity.

Ugh. It’s not even difficult to run Romex and wire outlets when you’re already doing drywall!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

everdave posted:

Yeah the new accord sport is pretty compelling and deserves a serious consideration.

This is super loving cool, god drat.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

everdave posted:

This is pretty rad, and if those wheels are real Watanabe's they are probably worth more than the car :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

This is pretty rad, and if those wheels are real Watanabe's they are probably worth more than the car :v:

eh, you can buy Wats that need a refurb for $150 a set upwards on Croooooooooooooooooooooooooooober depending on size.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I won’t know until I get it but the sheet says they are Watanabes

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Powershift posted:

He put extension cords and power splitters behind the drywall

Also whatever the gently caress he did here

I don't understand how someone can be so loving stupid, and so confident in their loving stupidity.

I'm literally shaking I'm so mad at this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm literally shaking I'm so mad at this.

Chris is like, the nicest dude but I had to stop defending him at this point.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rhyno just buy a BMW already. It is time for you to dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Chris is like, the nicest dude but I had to stop defending him at this point.

I think part of the problem is that he's convinced himself he needs to rush poo poo out to keep the revenue coming in from the videos (which may not be wrong.) It seems to be a common problem with YouTubers - quality goes down as they try to stay on the YT treadmill.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So apparently hanging drywall and lights in your garage makes it a paint booth?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Rhyno just buy a BMW already. It is time for you to dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed.

I've driven two 1s. It just isn't working for me. I drove a 2014 IS350 F Sport and really liked that but then someone mentioned the ISF and I can't even find one to test drive. My test drive list is at like 30 cars now.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

meatpimp posted:

Perhaps you should drive a base model for maximum satisfaction.

The Accord Sport is available with 2.0T motor and a 6 speed and stickers for around $27k. That's an attractive car right now.

It's also quite a bit slower than the V6 that it replaced.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I've driven two 1s. It just isn't working for me. I drove a 2014 IS350 F Sport and really liked that but then someone mentioned the ISF and I can't even find one to test drive. My test drive list is at like 30 cars now.

Well numbers are good, but there needs to be an M in there somewhere.

The IS-F was a cool car, but if you go back and review most of the head to heads literally everyone has said "Good job, good effort. I would still take the M3".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

The IS-F was a cool car, but if you go back and review most of the head to heads literally everyone has said "Good job, good effort. I would still take the M3".

I should be clear, I don't know if I want to spend $30K on a car. I feel like i have a weird case of imposters syndrome. For the first time in my life I have everything I could ever want but I sort of feel like I don't deserve it or that it might all fall apart tomorrow. I'm always driven okay-ish cars and I don't know if I actually think I deserve something nice/cool/fast.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I should be clear, I don't know if I want to spend $30K on a car. I feel like i have a weird case of imposters syndrome. For the first time in my life I have everything I could ever want but I sort of feel like I don't deserve it or that it might all fall apart tomorrow. I'm always driven okay-ish cars and I don't know if I actually think I deserve something nice/cool/fast.

There is no reason you have to get a new car, there are so many cool cars for 10k or less

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I kinda know how you feel, I'll get excited about a new cool/fast/fun car, spend a ton of time researching it, I can afford like a 50k car etc...

Then I remember that my free Ford Ranger gets 25mpg and my bike gets 40, and I pay approximately jack poo poo a month in insurance, dealerships are the scum of the earth and I don't buy it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

There is no reason you have to get a new car, there are so many cool cars for 10k or less

Oh I know, but the Lexus really checked the boxes and ISFs run like $25K for a not knackered example.

I just can't find something that feels like it's me.

Elviscat posted:

Then I remember that my free Ford Ranger gets 25mpg and my bike gets 40, and I pay approximately jack poo poo a month in insurance, dealerships are the scum of the earth and I don't buy it.

I shoulda kept the Free T Cruiser.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'm probably going to pick up another 5-6 year old FT86 or similar around this time next year I think. 2014 FR-Ses are between $13-16k CAD at this point. I ate a $4k loss selling my first one but even considering it made me debt-free to do so I still regret losing that car.

This is a stupid idea, but I live in Vancouver so doing something like "saving up for a house" is more like "hoping the lottery works out for you". Might as well buy fun cars.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

I've been trying to justify replacing the VW with something newer and nicer but I just can't do it. Test drove a few things, almost pulled the trigger on one then I realized I don't need a newer car and car payment. I'll just drive the VW into the ground then replace it with another <$5k, preferably diesel, boring daily driver. I'll have had it for 10 years this year at Thanksgiving and it's been in the family since 2004.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kazinsal posted:

I'm probably going to pick up another 5-6 year old FT86 or similar around this time next year I think. 2014 FR-Ses are between $13-16k CAD at this point. I ate a $4k loss selling my first one but even considering it made me debt-free to do so I still regret losing that car.

This is a stupid idea, but I live in Vancouver so doing something like "saving up for a house" is more like "hoping the lottery works out for you". Might as well buy fun cars.

Aside from the house we're going to be debt free shortly due to all the OT i've been working so that makes a new car very possible. We're truck shopping but I want a new daily first. And yeah, FRS are cool but I drove a BRZ and it felt kind of slow? Not that my ms6 is super fast but it's definitely quicker than a stock BRZ/FRS despite being heavy as hell.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Rhyno posted:

I shoulda kept the Free T Cruiser.

:commissar:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IT WAS FREE THOUGH

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
So are STDs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

So are STDs.

I mean, not always.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Rhyno posted:

IT WAS FREE THOUGH

So is a bullet if you get shot with it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Door Frame posted:

So is a bullet if you get shot with it

That's what we call an origin story.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhyno posted:

That's what we call an origin story.

fiddy ain't a super hero

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rhyno posted:

I have everything I could ever want but I sort of feel like I don't deserve it or that it might all fall apart tomorrow.

Nothing wrong with having nice things as long as you're living within your means and have a bit of a safety net.

I'm also looking towards another vehicle but don't want to spend too much either. In reality, I really only need something a little bigger than my current car to fit 2 rear facing car seats (they don't fit in hatchbacks like my GTI unless you're 5' tall :suicide:). But then I think it would be nice for some creature comforts, room for my bike, etc and price starts ratcheting up. I dunno wtf to do but this kid is coming one way or another so I need to do something soon.

Edit: just saw you aren't out of debt yet. I would definitely wait until you're above water for at least a few months and can build up a savings safety net. Even then, I don't like to finance cars anymore so I'd get something cheap and fun.

I know this isn't BFC but :v:.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 20, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Suburban Dad posted:

Nothing wrong with having nice things as long as you're living within your means and have a bit of a safety net.

I'm also looking towards another vehicle but don't want to spend too much either. In reality, I really only need something a little bigger than my current car to fit 2 rear facing car seats (they don't fit in hatchbacks like my GTI unless you're 5' tall :suicide:). But then I think it would be nice for some creature comforts, room for my bike, etc and price starts ratcheting up. I dunno wtf to do but this kid is coming one way or another so I need to do something soon.

The safety net's been very important. We have about 6 months worth of total expenses stashed away as well, once we knock out the remaining debts we should be able to add that up a bit more. And next year we want to have the kitchen and a bathroom remodeled and I'm pondering seeing how much an addition to the garage would cost.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Somewhat Heroic posted:

And 0 of those reviewers had to own the car out of warranty.
Also, most of the isf reviews were on the first years which had worse suspension tuning and no lsd. The later models are a hoot.
They also have an amazing sounding na v8 and basically don't break.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The other flip on the ISF is the final years are expensive as hell right now and I do have a soft cap on what I want to spend.

A year ago I was looking for a beater Protege. Now I'm looking at loving luxury sport sedans.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
As the resident JDM fanboy you better believe I would take a Lexus over a BMW (or anything German really) thing to own outside of warranty and to rely on the daily. I don't care how many times Clarkson and May and Hamster have gone "LOL LEXUS OLD PEOPLE" they are extremely good cars and have the reputation they deserve. The modern ones are rear end-ugly though, but that is a different matter.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

KakerMix posted:

As the resident JDM fanboy you better believe I would take a Lexus over a BMW (or anything German really) thing to own outside of warranty and to rely on the daily. I don't care how many times Clarkson and May and Hamster have gone "LOL LEXUS OLD PEOPLE" they are extremely good cars and have the reputation they deserve. The modern ones are rear end-ugly though, but that is a different matter.

In the last year, I've owned a 20 year old Toyota Avalon with 166k miles and a 10 year old BMW with 155k miles. The issues are detailed in my thread. The Avalon busted a hard brake line. The BMW filled a thread with its issues and gave me PTSD.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

meatpimp posted:

In the last year, I've owned a 20 year old Toyota Avalon with 166k miles and a 10 year old BMW with 155k miles. The issues are detailed in my thread. The Avalon busted a hard brake line. The BMW filled a thread with its issues and gave me PTSD.

Plus, pussy shrapnel

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

My GS had like a dozen owners before me, 175k on the clock when it stopped reading and still drove like it was new at 19 years old. I respect that level of quality.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

So there's a 2003 Subaru Outback H6 3.0 VDC (whatever the gently caress that means) on SA:AI-Mart, in Phoenix, AZ. For $600. I'm in Dallas.
I'd like something to replace my Crown Vic that's smaller, gets better gas mileage, yet hauls more junk. If this is a wagon (he doesn't say,) it might fit the bill.
How much pain would I be in for?

Alternately, I found an '05 Outback XT 5-speed locally on Craigslist for $3K...

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Plus, pussy shrapnel

Hate to see it.

I own both an old Lexus with a V8 AND an out of warranty M3 with a V8.

Become one of me Rhyno. It feels good.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Darchangel posted:

So there's a 2003 Subaru Outback H6 3.0 VDC (whatever the gently caress that means) on SA:AI-Mart, in Phoenix, AZ. For $600. I'm in Dallas.
I'd like something to replace my Crown Vic that's smaller, gets better gas mileage, yet hauls more junk. If this is a wagon (he doesn't say,) it might fit the bill.
How much pain would I be in for?

Alternately, I found an '05 Outback XT 5-speed locally on Craigslist for $3K...

Might be time or almost time to do head gasket, water pump, and timing belt for both.

Do either of those get better gas mileage than a Crown Vic? I thought those cars didn't get that good of gas mileage.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
It so happens i just bought a Lexus V8, well Toyota Celsior

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Any reason my sister should avoid buying this 2016 Volvo XC60?
https://madison.craigslist.org/ctd/d/madison-2016-volvo-xc60gas-saversuv-235/6914367803.html

She wants something large enough to haul around her 10 year old kid and large dog and other kids and sports junk and kayaks and stuff, and lives where it snows 9 months a year so thinks she needs 4WD.