Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

binge crotching posted:

They are hit or miss. Better in the oven than the microwave.
those are those tikka masala frozen naan pockets right?

yeah if you can oven them they're better. i thought they were solely O-K but a little overpriced for the quantity. like i'm skinny-fat and all, but i usually eat fairly light and even after 1 of them i was still hungry. if they were like 25% bigger or something at the same price, they'd be a good value and a good quick 'oh poo poo i forgot my lunch what do i eat' frozen good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Yeah, the problem is that you need two of them, or three if I'm really hungry.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

priznat posted:

Fake energy with caffeine I am guessing

I’m not exactly sure what that means but caffeine has 0 calories.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'll see if I can get a photo of the Costco with the ferris wheel behind it today.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I would 100% go to the Costco theme park.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Unfortunately the place i'm talking about is not really a place you want to go.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
I am poor and so far the only thing I've bought from Costco is black beans, a chicken, blueberries, vitamins, spam, canned chili, frozen philly cheesesteaks, and olives, and I hate the olives.

What else is good to buy from Costco? Keep in mind I can only carry a single backpack full of stuff at a time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DrowningInDreams posted:

I am poor and so far the only thing I've bought from Costco is black beans, a chicken, blueberries, vitamins, spam, canned chili, frozen philly cheesesteaks, and olives, and I hate the olives.

What else is good to buy from Costco? Keep in mind I can only carry a single backpack full of stuff at a time.

soft close toilet seats

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Fallom posted:

soft close toilet seats

I don't understand

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I'll see if I can get a photo of the Costco with the ferris wheel behind it today.

Docklands is pretty sweet

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

DrowningInDreams posted:

The pesto in the refrigerated food section is pretty good. Also, if you take allergy meds, they are incredibly cheap at Costco. A year supply of generic zyrtec (aller-tec at Costco) costs $13.95.

You can also order from Costco off of Google Express. Prices are marked up a little.

You can return the olives and any other food item that you end up not liking as long as 50% is left.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I thought the whole point of a membership was to instantly pay off with allergy pills and 32 degree stuff

The dog is a bonus

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

durrneez posted:

The pesto in the refrigerated food section is pretty good. Also, if you take allergy meds, they are incredibly cheap at Costco. A year supply of generic zyrtec (aller-tec at Costco) costs $13.95.

You can also order from Costco off of Google Express. Prices are marked up a little.

You can return the olives and any other food item that you end up not liking as long as 50% is left.

Don’t forget you can also get like 6 month supply of Zantac for 6 months for like 10 bucks (was on sale for $6).

It’s good to keep on hand even if you don’t use it every day.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

binge crotching posted:

Docklands is pretty sweet

It really isn’t.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DrowningInDreams posted:

I don't understand

Your shopping list, toilet time. Wtf

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

DrowningInDreams posted:

frozen philly cheesesteaks

Can you tell me more about these? Pictures are a bonus.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

It really isn’t.

I mean the entire area is all concrete, but at least it's a view of the water, and no longer a swamp?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

DrowningInDreams posted:

A foldable wagon to bring home all your bounties next time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Big bags of rice because that poo poo lasts forever.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I'm not kidding btw, this thing loving owns
https://www.costco.com/Mac-Sports-Folding-Utility-Wagon-.product.100371844.html

I use mine at least once a week for all kinds of stuff

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Blessed: Costco 10-pack top sirloin steak
Cursed: Costco 10-pack top sirloin steak

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Burt Sexual posted:

Your shopping list, toilet time. Wtf

I still don't understand

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SirPablo posted:

Blessed: Costco 10-pack top sirloin steak
Cursed: Costco 10-pack top sirloin steak

should be completely non-bold imho.

take the savings on ink and pass it on to members

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

I saw this the other day and the first question I had was "can it get me out of the park in California?"

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

DrowningInDreams posted:

I still don't understand

They're calling you a shitposter.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MarcusSA posted:

I’m not exactly sure what that means but caffeine has 0 calories.

Ya fake as in it isn’t actual caloric energy just a stimulant to perk you up.

Energy drinks usually have a bazillion calories (via sugar) to actually provide energy. (And sometimes caffeine too)

On another note..

Went to costco to load up on berries (blue and straw) and picked up a chicken taco kit for dinner, it was great. Even have leftovers!

E: those folding wagons are great too, especially with kids.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FCKGW posted:

can confirm these own. my company has a very slightly heavier-duty one (bigger wheels, 150 lbs) for work and use it all the time to carry equipment, soil, nuclear density gauges, etc. we had a funny experience several weeks ago where we were working in a spillway and the flip-bucket area was flooded which we didn't expect, and only by luck the contractor had a pair of rubber boots. so we hopped in this and he pulled us across to the dry part. 4 of us engineers in vests n hard hats, including a 75 year old guy, were all crammed one by one in that wagon and pulled through water like a pharaoh god. poo poo probably held up to at least 200+ lbs even thouigh it was rated for 150.

ill probably get my own just to have, could be useful for pumpklin season, beach days, etc

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DrowningInDreams posted:

If I could only get stuff at Costco that I could only fit in a backpack then I would 100% not have a Costco membership.

priznat posted:

Ya fake as in it isn’t actual caloric energy just a stimulant to perk you up.

You mean like coffee? :confused:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 20, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Been reading the news and I hope that idiot off-duty cop that murdered a special needs man and tried to ventilate his loving parents as well loses his membership forever.

loving unloading in a crowded indoor space, AND claiming he blacked out and dropped his toddler.

Of course the altercation happened in the samples line.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FilthyImp posted:

Of course the altercation happened in the samples line.

further proof that samples are the devil

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Got a not very good photo of Costcoworld

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

therobit posted:

They're calling you a shitposter.

Ok well that I understand but I don't understand why.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is Costco not selling Prime Strip Loins any more? Last 3 visits, no strip loins. I don't like paying the extra $2/pound for the ones already cut. It's already expensive, as it is.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Fallom posted:

soft close toilet seats

These are great. You can just give the seat and lid a good push and they gently close. No more getting yelled at for accidentally "slamming" the seat.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Richard M Nixon posted:

These are great. You can just give the seat and lid a good push and they gently close. No more getting yelled at for accidentally "slamming" the seat.

Your spouse yells at you for dropping the toilet seat hard?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Fallom posted:

soft close toilet seats

Putting in one of these was so amazing as it turns out not having to worry about the seat slamming in the night and waking up your newborn baby is the best thing.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

therobit posted:

Your spouse yells at you for dropping the toilet seat hard?

No, kids at 4am drop that thing, wife too.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DrowningInDreams posted:

Am I off base thinking beans, spam, canned chili will require making GBS threads a lot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Warning those soft close will eventually wear out and slam like a mofo.

Source: piece of poo poo water ridge toilet from costco. :mad: