Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Sounds less silly than her previous cartoon origin story.

Yeah the whole "she's actually a gorilla altered to look human" bit is one of those ideas that has never been anything but stupid, probably why outside of the DCAU, literally every modern version of Giganta has given her a different origin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve been looking forward to Infinity Train for a while now. What’s on the link? It forwards to the UK CN site for me.

A link to the Infinity Train website though for now it's just a set of piano keys.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 18, 2019

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

TV Zombie posted:

A link to the Infinity Train website though for now it's just a set of piano keys.

If you hit the keys in the proper order it unlocks a new trailer :ssh:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Here's the solution:

https://twitter.com/PuccaNoodles/status/1141047516005187584

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Just finished the first two episodes of Amphibia. It seemed to me to be another comedy/adventure 11-minute show with some good voice performances, a cool world, and that Gravity Falls style comedy, but then at the end they hinted at a recurring storyline and at a deeper plotline, which pretty much hooked me right in.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Has anyone seen Moominvalley yet? Has there been any sign of it becoming available in the USA?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Rand Brittain posted:

Has anyone seen Moominvalley yet? Has there been any sign of it becoming available in the USA?

Moomin valley is wonderfully delightful but seeing as how moomin is a European/Japanese thing I doubt it will come over here.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

paradoxGentleman posted:

I don't know where you got the impression that it was her "origin" story. Like, yes, it's the episode where we are introduced to the origin of her powers, but everything from the fact that she waited until her parents were out of town to 'bulk up' to the fact that she knew what and how to inject herself makes me think that this isn't the first time or even the third.

Ok cool but if she’s a habitual user there should be a line of dialogue like “this stuff always gets the job done” or “I’ve been waiting all day for this” so the audience knows what’s up.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Hihohe posted:

Moomin valley is wonderfully delightful but seeing as how moomin is a European/Japanese thing I doubt it will come over here.

I've always found it funny how Moomins as a franchise despite being hugely popular in both Europe and Japan, has never really achieved much success in the US even though there's plenty of aspects to it that should lead to it

In a just world the 90s Moomin series would have made it onto one of the major kid networks or blocks here in the US and been a huge success

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

stratofarius posted:

Just finished the first two episodes of Amphibia. It seemed to me to be another comedy/adventure 11-minute show with some good voice performances, a cool world, and that Gravity Falls style comedy, but then at the end they hinted at a recurring storyline and at a deeper plotline, which pretty much hooked me right in.

Are both episodes officially on YouTube? I thought they only put the first one up.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

drrockso20 posted:

I've always found it funny how Moomins as a franchise despite being hugely popular in both Europe and Japan, has never really achieved much success in the US even though there's plenty of aspects to it that should lead to it

In a just world the 90s Moomin series would have made it onto one of the major kid networks or blocks here in the US and been a huge success

Moomins are dangerously communist and kids would start asking inconvenient questions.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

Are both episodes officially on YouTube? I thought they only put the first one up.

I believe that by first two episodes they mean "the first 2 shorts in that one episode"

edit: or who knows maybe I'm an idiot

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah the whole "she's actually a gorilla altered to look human" bit is one of those ideas that has never been anything but stupid, probably why outside of the DCAU, literally every modern version of Giganta has given her a different origin

Hey, it's also hilarious, especially since they went into absolutely no further detail.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Beachcomber posted:

Moomins are dangerously communist and kids would start asking inconvenient questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYNpIn4fJrA

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Not how I imagined the voices but that last sentence is pure gold.

I finally watched the Amphibia premier and 2 things bother me about it.

1. I hate worms. I don't even like typing the word. Seems I might be seeing a few if I continue.

2. Only mammals have capsaicin receptors. I know they could be a special frogworld thing, but still.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

TwoPair posted:

I believe that by first two episodes they mean "the first 2 shorts in that one episode"

edit: or who knows maybe I'm an idiot

You're right.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Apparently the show we don't talk about is introducing a lesbian couple next season. So...good for them, and that's all I'll say.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

SardonicTyrant posted:

Apparently the show we don't talk about is introducing a lesbian couple next season. So...good for them, and that's all I'll say.

Steven Universe with gay characters?
Honestly, I have no idea what show you're talking about, since a few fit that description. For all I know it's about "My Little Pony".

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

carmen sandiego and the inspector's assistant are already a lesbian couple

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

stratofarius posted:

You're right.

That's the only one on Youtube, but Disney has apparently decided to introduce the show by burning the entire season at once, with daily episodes airing for the rest of the month. If you've got cable, you can see the other three episodes that have aired so far on the Disney Now site or the app. (Note that I haven't seen any but the first two episodes myself, been at Zion National Park most of the past week and my legs are about ready to fall off so I probably won't get to them until the weekend)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

cant cook creole bream posted:

Steven Universe with gay characters?
Honestly, I have no idea what show you're talking about, since a few fit that description. For all I know it's about "My Little Pony".

Yeah, it's MLP.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
In looking up if it was MLP I found some guy saying hasbro is joining the war to destroy children. Good on MLP tho

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I thought MLP was over.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought MLP was over.

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought MLP was over.

This is the final season, probably gonna end in like a month.

The spinoffs tho?? Idk

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But if this is the final season, how can they be introducing new characters in the next season?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Probably gonna introduce them as "our old friends that have definitely, for sure, been around this entire time and have been our friends forever, just five steps off camera."

At the end of the episode, they'll be shipped off to Lesbian Island never to be seen again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, my question is more about how there can be a next season after the final season.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Waffleman_ posted:

No, my question is more about how there can be a next season after the final season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB-ipv4BXBs

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Waffleman_ posted:

Episode already aired, I don't know where 'next season' came from.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wait, so it already loving happened?

SardonicTyrant posted:

Don't confuse me like that, fuckin' idiot.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Aired last month in Spain and... today everywhere else apparently.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
edit to make this post more productive: apparently the new lesbian characters (someone's aunts I think?) were first seen in spinoff material

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 21, 2019

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Did gen 5 of MLP happen yet?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

edit to make this post more productive: apparently the new lesbian characters (someone's aunts I think?) were first seen in spinoff material

I get the impression that they're the previously alluded to basically adoptive parents of one of the secondary characters. This show does NOT throw characters away. If anything the opposite to a fault.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait, so it already loving happened?

Don't confuse me like that, fuckin' idiot.
Sorry, I only heard the news about this offhand. :shrug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also I don't think you have to pretend My Little Pony is verboten anymore. Bronies aren't a problem anymore, Gamergate and Donald Trump happened and they all jumped ship to fascism.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I don't think it's ever been verboten, just not allowed its own thread.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Rand Brittain posted:

I don't think it's ever been verboten, just not allowed its own thread.

There was a time where even mentioning the show was a probatable offense, if I remember correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I remember it was more accepted back in my lurking days, with a thread and everything. Pony avatars proliferated throughout the forum. Then...something happened, and it was all gone. I think some of the purged ponylovers went on to found their own forum they called Something Nice.

I generally stay away from the worst of weird and creepy internet subcultures, so I don't know the full extent of how bad it all got.