Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
The only problem with getting soft close toilets seats is that you get so accustomed to them that you forget that not everyone has them, leading to lots of slamming toilet seats when you are a guest at someone else's home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Can I borrow somebody's membership card? I need like 10 pairs of Kirkland brand khaki pants and sweater vests from a giant bin

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

GI_Clutch posted:

The only problem with getting soft close toilets seats is that you get so accustomed to them that you forget that not everyone has them, leading to lots of slamming toilet seats when you are a guest at someone else's home.

After a good poo I like to slam the lid shut like I'm spiking a football.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Wife’s car battery died yesterday so time for a new one I guess (5 years old now)

Costco batteries are good right? I hear they take the old battery back, does it have to be at time of purchase or can I drop it off a few days later?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

priznat posted:

I hear they take the old battery back, does it have to be at time of purchase or can I drop it off a few days later?
Do you not live near the ocean?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Bum the Sad posted:

Do you not live near the ocean?

It’s further than costco and full of pissed off jellyfish

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

priznat posted:

Wife’s car battery died yesterday so time for a new one I guess (5 years old now)

Costco batteries are good right? I hear they take the old battery back, does it have to be at time of purchase or can I drop it off a few days later?

Their batteries are very good. You can bring the old one back later, no big deal.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Cool, thanks!

I will stop by on my way home to get one.

Her car looks super easy to swap it out none of these covers to take off or battery in the trunk bullcrap

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
My battery through costco was $50 cheaper than anything else I could find comparable. I definitely recommend.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Fashionably Great posted:

My battery through costco was $50 cheaper than anything else I could find comparable. I definitely recommend.

When I was in the market for a deep cycle marine battery I was budgeting over $200 to order it from Amazon. Instead I bought a better one from Costco for $90 out the door, lol

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Good Ol Filbert posted:

Can I borrow somebody's membership card? I need like 10 pairs of Kirkland brand khaki pants and sweater vests from a giant bin

You can buy stuff from Costco.com without a membership, you just have to pay a 10% surcharge.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gonna stop after work to get a battery, 3rd time this week I went to costco, gotta be a new record.

May have a dog and soda to build my strength to lift heavy battery.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Went to Toronto for the week and on the way back home decided to stop at our first Canadian Costco. It was super busy but we wound up getting $80 worth of stuff up to the checkout line before we discovered they don't take Visa at all. Wouldn't take our debit because they're Visa too. Six cards between us, all visa. Costco credit card? Nope it's a visa. Sure would have been nice to know but of course there are no credit card merchants listed anywhere on doors or anything. Then the manager and the cashier were both pissed at us because it took 5 min to override and void. Pretty terrible experience overall. Would not recommend.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I had the mirror experience in a US costco one time a few years back, they wouldn’t take MasterCard and my debit card didn’t work because it had a chip in it or something.

Last couple times I’ve gone they’re fine though (MC only in Canada at costco, used to be amex only and no one has amex)

Also was just in the food court here and some kid (13-14) is wandering around barefoot in the god drat sticky rear end food court and I want to hurl.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

When I was in the market for a deep cycle marine battery I was budgeting over $200 to order it from Amazon. Instead I bought a better one from Costco for $90 out the door, lol

Lol they don’t cost $200 dollars at all, maybe at a marina. Go to interstate battery.

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

Bloodplay it again posted:

Went to Toronto for the week and on the way back home decided to stop at our first Canadian Costco. It was super busy but we wound up getting $80 worth of stuff up to the checkout line before we discovered they don't take Visa at all. Wouldn't take our debit because they're Visa too. Six cards between us, all visa. Costco credit card? Nope it's a visa. Sure would have been nice to know but of course there are no credit card merchants listed anywhere on doors or anything. Then the manager and the cashier were both pissed at us because it took 5 min to override and void. Pretty terrible experience overall. Would not recommend.

Interesting, the Costco Citi Visa is supposed to be accepted in Canadian warehouses. In the U.S. the only Mastercard that works as credit is the Costco Canada card.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Valth001 posted:

Interesting, the Costco Citi Visa is supposed to be accepted in Canadian warehouses. In the U.S. the only Mastercard that works as credit is the Costco Canada card.

I can confirm that Canadian Costco MasterCards work at US Costcos. Not sure about the Costco Visa cards working in Canada but I would think that they should work there.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I’m getting reports from the faithful in the Midwest that Costco is selling a DONUT the size of a cake with icing and sprinkles and poo poo in the bakery. I’ll confirm on Monday because we don’t church on the weekend.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Virigoth posted:

I’m getting reports from the faithful in the Midwest that Costco is selling a DONUT the size of a cake with icing and sprinkles and poo poo in the bakery. I’ll confirm on Monday because we don’t church on the weekend.

The internet seems to say it's only in Australia?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

The internet seems to say it's only in Australia?

Look internet person my family would never lie to me even if they maybe saw it on the internet.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My friends, I think this may be the end for me. I went to the co today, and was afflicted by a terrible disease!

I'm afraid there is no antidote. :(

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
New antidote is chicken bake $3.29

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

LadyPictureShow posted:

My friends, I think this may be the end for me. I went to the co today, and was afflicted by a terrible disease!

I'm sorry
I'm going to the dermatologist to get checked out as soon as possible

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

LadyPictureShow posted:

Please tell me you've phoned your partners and let them know about this.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ugh I got a container of Bitchin' Sauce and I can't stop eating it. Its with veggies so its healthy right.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chinatown posted:

ugh I got a container of Bitchin' Sauce and I can't stop eating it. Its with veggies so its healthy right.

I mean, if the sauce is almonds and you're putting it on vegetables then I think you're really just extending your lifespan by eating it. You'd be a fool not to eat more.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

LadyPictureShow posted:

I will pray for you in the food court. :angel:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Chinatown posted:

Just make sure it's healthy veggies and not water veggies, and you're probably fine. Personally I do broccoli.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Jingleheimer posted:

I can confirm that Canadian Costco MasterCards work at US Costcos. Not sure about the Costco Visa cards working in Canada but I would think that they should work there.

Yeah, even if they say that they won't take the Costco Visa/Mastercard out of network you can tell them to try to run it anyway and it'll probably go through.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Any of you other rapidly aging guys get that costco COQ10? That poo poo keeps my blood pressure normal!

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Original_Z posted:

Yeah, even if they say that they won't take the Costco Visa/Mastercard out of network you can tell them to try to run it anyway and it'll probably go through.

It was declined as was the first Visa we tried (which worked at all other 20 or so places in Canada) and the Visa debit from our bank. After three cards and holding up close to 40 people for five minutes waiting on a manager, effectively killing the line entirely, we gave up and left the cart there. I was more frustrated at the cashier and front end manager giving us scowls as if we purposely spent an hour shopping solely to leave a cart full of poo poo at the register. I even looked on every door and window on the way out to see if I just missed a big MASTERCARD ONLY sign but nope.

Less than blessed.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I just finished off that artichoke lemon pesto sauce thats on sale in two sittings. No regrets.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

LadyPictureShow posted:

These are good, at least they were good when I got them from HMart. Nice to see them at the 'co

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I just finished off that artichoke lemon pesto sauce thats on sale in two sittings. No regrets.

drat what artichoke lemon pesto sounds good as hell. How did it rate compared to the normal Costco pesto?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Whooping Crabs posted:

These are good, at least they were good when I got them from HMart. Nice to see them at the 'co

I haven't tried the mango ones yet, but the coconut and honeydew flavors are :discourse:.

I'm totally fine with dying from Melona fever!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

melona wasn't on this table (2008) at all. trying to find the table for 2018. wiki claims it was 8th in family mart in 2007

1992년 판매되기 시작한 메로나는 멜론맛이 아닌 참외맛이었다. 1991년 메로나를 개발중에 있던 빙그레는 동남아시아의 시장을 조사하러 갔다가 멜론에 주목하게 되었다. 당시 한국에는 멜론이 희귀한 과일이어서 새로운 맛이라고 판단한 빙그레는 제품 개발에 나섰으나, 소비자에겐 메론이 생소하여 '메론맛'이 낯설 수 밖에 없었다. 이로 인해 빙그레는 1992년, 초록색이면서도 참외맛을 가깝게 낸 메로나를 출시하게 되었다.[3]

In 1992, when they started selling, Melona was not melon-flavored but oriental melon (Korean muskmelon) flavored. In 1991, when the company was developing the flavor, went to Southeast Asia and notice melons being sold in the markets. But this (honeydew melon) was a new flavor to Korea, and as it was unfamiliar it had to be named after the melon. Therefore, they released the melon flavor in green in 1992 (with a similar flavor to oriental melon).

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 24, 2019

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

My nearby Costco finally brought back self-checkout. And it was so nice for a quick buy and exit without being stuck behind a dozen people with full loads in the carts on a weekend.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

bob dobbs is dead posted:

melona wasn't on this table (2008) at all. trying to find the table for 2018. wiki claims it was 8th in family mart in 2007

1992년 판매되기 시작한 메로나는 멜론맛이 아닌 참외맛이었다. 1991년 메로나를 개발중에 있던 빙그레는 동남아시아의 시장을 조사하러 갔다가 멜론에 주목하게 되었다. 당시 한국에는 멜론이 희귀한 과일이어서 새로운 맛이라고 판단한 빙그레는 제품 개발에 나섰으나, 소비자에겐 메론이 생소하여 '메론맛'이 낯설 수 밖에 없었다. 이로 인해 빙그레는 1992년, 초록색이면서도 참외맛을 가깝게 낸 메로나를 출시하게 되었다.[3]

In 1992, when they started selling, Melona was not melon-flavored but oriental melon (Korean muskmelon) flavored. In 1991, when the company was developing the flavor, went to Southeast Asia and notice melons being sold in the markets. But this (honeydew melon) was a new flavor to Korea, and as it was unfamiliar it had to be named after the melon. Therefore, they released the melon flavor in green in 1992 (with a similar flavor to oriental melon).

Cool. I wish I could read/understand hangul. I'm glad to see some korean frozen treats get some wider distribution here since they kick rear end. I've also recently tried some frozen Milkis thing I got from Lotte Mart, it was the bomb.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

halokiller posted:

My nearby Costco finally brought back self-checkout. And it was so nice for a quick buy and exit without being stuck behind a dozen people with full loads in the carts on a weekend.

I wish mine had self checkout, but based on my extensive experience with them at QFC, people will start to take their full carts through them as well.

Edit: Costco trip yesterday. Now that we live further away from Costco, the totals are higher. Mattress topper, lots of wine for upcoming family trip, some clothes, and a couple boxes of Rise three ingredient protein bars were the big ones.

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I wish mine had self checkout, but based on my extensive experience with them at QFC, people will start to take their full carts through them as well.

We got self checkout at my Costco a few months ago and this is exactly what happens. It ends up being no faster than just going to a regular checkout line. The self checkout lanes don't have nearly enough space to work, so you a ton of people clumsily trying to balance their purchases as they scan while their cart is still half full.