Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

No, I have not heard of that. Why? Is it popular with kids or something?

I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
sad chinchin

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm just glad he's not making a wacky face with comic sans clickbait titles.

Looking at the App Store with Clash of Clans barbarian facing right would cause goons to explode.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
If you're gonna learn fgs on YouTube it better loving be off of 240p Japanese arcade footage with deafening distorted noise coming out of only one speaker

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dangerdoom volvo posted:

If you're gonna learn fgs on YouTube it better loving be off of 240p Japanese arcade footage with deafening distorted noise coming out of only one speaker

also they must have a lit cigarette in their fingers at least 90% of the time, this shows their mastery

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Nice Chin Chin has been removed from steam version for some reason. Literally nobody rejoiced.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

i played Million Arthur Arcana Blood at a Taito Game Station when I was in Japan and it was so deafeningly loud my ears are ringing a little afterwards

it rocked

i was like "why does this fighting game have riesz from sd3 in it of all people???" cause i hadn't heard of it before

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

will it teach me how to do an infinite

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MohShuvuu posted:

If you click replay forever, yes

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

MohShuvuu posted:

it might be hard if that part of the video is too artefacted but otherwise of course, you have eyes dont y ou

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i learned fgs by watching only this video and nothing else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzsxv-geGtg

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

dangerdoom volvo posted:

footage rendered from a VHS tape or gently caress off

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Victory Position posted:

footage ripped from a DVD digitisation of a VHS tape or gently caress off

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://gematsu.com/2019/06/fighting-ex-layer-version-1-3-0-update-launches-in-mid-july-adds-area-and-spectator-mode

They managed to get Area in. :unsmith:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Coming soon: Volume and Mass

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/nocontextmugen/status/1123405690507128833

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think elt's got this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

I think elt's got this

lets go justin

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

however little money they made on this it's still really cool that what started as a joke evolved into an actual game and they got to make every character

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Evil Canadian posted:

You know for as much work and effort I have put in making YT work out for me, getting Tens of thousands of subscribers, millions and millions of views helping people learn fighting games, The only complaints I have ever had about thumbnails are the same few creeps that always bother me here on SA. Funny how that works.

Sorry the thumbnails make you mad, but I kinda really don't care, nobody else does either.

I've really enjoyed your channel; it's easily one of the best FG channels out there. Your MK11 coverage has been fantastic.

What's funny is that when you started producing YT content regularly and it started showing up in my subs feed, I had completely forgotten that you were a goon, so for months I was trying to remember when I had discovered your channel and couldn't figure it out. Then once I started visiting the forums again regularly and saw you post a link to your channel, that's when it clicked for me.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/989550/Million_Arthur_Arcana_Blood/

Million Arthur Arcana Blood's out, it's the casual anime game with Iori and Riesz from Trials of Mana and a whole bunch of Japanese mobage nobodies.

She's not even coming with trials, I guess they really are out of money.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/06/25/snk-kicks-off-samurai-shodown-with-launch-trailer-full-dlc-reveal/

SNK announced the full season pass for Samsho, it's Rimururu, Basara, Kazuki Kazama and Wan Fu. They're going to start releasing them from August, and you get the season pass free if you buy before June 30.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I kinda wanna play this game now but I don't wanna pay $$ for PS+! I hope they keep that season pass promotion for the PC release.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They should include the characters for free to make up for the port being however late it ends up being.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
According to the thread for the game, they're straight-up free in the PSN store until July 2, there's not even a code to put in. EDIT: Yeah, just got it, I had to go through the page for the game itself but it works! Now to see if this is true in the JP PSN store. :/

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 25, 2019

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Someone tell me why I shouldn’t end up buying SamSho. I heard a thing about what the fight flow is like and now I’m curious about. I swear I buy every stupid fg game and suck poo poo at them forever. I never did get around to buying older ones on PSN so it’s not like I have any loyalty to the series.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You should buy Samsho because it's cool and good and fun and you don't need to learn combos.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Probably can't hurt to buy V Special to see if you like it, they're different enough that they're worth having both but it'll give you a good feel for the series. Understandable if you're budget's too tight for that to be a good idea though.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
There’s a demo on Japanese PSN. Its not hard to make an account and check the demo out.

Alternately as mentioned grab samsho 5 now and see how you like it. Get samsho 7 later if you like it, maybe even on sale or price drop.

Grab the free season pass now regardless.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SamSho is the hypothetical footsies based no finger puzzle game every review commmenter pines for, so if that sounds like something you want I'd say dive in.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Is the season pass on Steam or is it just a playstation thing?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The game doesn't exist on Steam, it's not out on PC/Switch for another 6+ months.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Oh rip.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

There’s a demo on Japanese PSN. Its not hard to make an account and check the demo out.

Alternately as mentioned grab samsho 5 now and see how you like it. Get samsho 7 later if you like it, maybe even on sale or price drop.

Grab the free season pass now regardless.

Yeah, the demo's probably the best idea, even if the higher input lag's still in, the game's slow paced enough that it probably won't throw off the feel too much. Probably also why the Giant Bomb guy was complaining about how it felt though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I am going to go out on a limb and say you probably shouldn't concern yourself with Giantbomb's opinion on fighting games

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'm fairly sure they said they were playing with the day one patch, assuming there was..only one day one patch I guess.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I am going to go out on a limb and say you probably shouldn't concern yourself with Giantbomb's opinion on fighting games

Someone else brought it up before, I was just wondering out loud if that was part of it. I'm fully aware that all of the best opinions on fighting games come from the Something Awful Fighting Game Thread. Only the grouchiest oldheads here.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm fairly sure they said they were playing with the day one patch, assuming there was..only one day one patch I guess.

Welp. Reinforces PalletteSwappedNinja's point I guess. I don't think I've heard anyone during the Spooky streams say anything about the game feeling bad to actually play.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Eh, different people have different tastes. If it feels bad to someone then that's just how it is for them.

Kinda like how I don't think any Street Fighter has felt good to play, which I fully admit is just a Me thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Played like 2 hours ranked of samsho and had a couple stable matches and a lot of slow ones. Liking the game tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Eh, different people have different tastes. If it feels bad to someone then that's just how it is for them.

Kinda like how I don't think any Street Fighter has felt good to play, which I fully admit is just a Me thing.

Well there's only one good SF game in like 35 releases so i think that's understandable